Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I dont understand why people are complaining. I was farming for my R8 gear and then later for my cannies and raps for nrivana mold warsong recast. Had one armor piece completed and 80 raps towards the weapon and 22 cannies towards second piece of armor. Now i will get that much faster. I saved all my cannies and raps i could get from caster vana for it. Now i can get my gear much faster just as everyone else. I dont think there are any losers here. Everyone gets something.

On my server the only people even seen complain are quit are some of the sins and BMs. Those who noone liked anyway. Will they quit for real? History tells us that 90% of those who rage quit will come back in a week or two.

I think the change is excellent and it will help broaden the game for a while until the next twist come along. Personally i am also glad that the Nirvana instance will be less popular. It brought out the worst in people. Scammers and aps racist ran rampant. Now the game will be nicer and more friendly. Especially during 2x.

About money i farmed everything in this game on a mystic. I am quite lazy but still got a few hundred millions just doing normal things like BH and TT and warsong and stuff like that. Not a merchant and not a farmer, even though i like to farm stuff myself instead of buying them if possible. I never farmed nirvana and still manage to have decently competitive gear (even more so now when i can get the raps and cannies to use my warsong nirvana molds.

I would like to congratulate PWI on a successful change that helps 90% of the players. Dont listen to the small percentage like Zanir. It would be even better if we could have Server vs Server wars but these Nation wars will do fine for now.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and how are you[casuals] going to make coins now?

I am a casual player. Ive never been able to make money on Nirvana. Now that highly competitive players cant do that either i think it helps level out the playing field. Thank you PWI.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No one NPCed their Supply tokens. Anyone one who used them paid fees to do so, from 10k for a Rap to 400k+ for Warsoul mats and more. NW is a coin sink, not a coin generator.

How is it a coin sink? Warsoul fragments were millions to chip in 1k. Raptures and Uncanny were 1m+ and 500k+ respectively (at least on Lothranis). The only parts that even come close to being a coin sink are the outrageous fees to recast the gear.

The whole reward table needs to be fixed.
  • Sepulturaa - Lost City
    Sepulturaa - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've always been patient with pwi and gave their updates a chance but this has opened up a lot of problems which I can't see a way out of..
    If everybody is 100+ thanks to frost, and running round in a minimum gear of g15 nirvana, thanks to this expansion, what more is there to do? farm r9? then what? pvp is rapidly dying if not already dead (for tons of reasons), pve is too easy now, and incredibly repetitive. it's becoming too easy to get r9 and even r9 recast.
    I realise that pwi will probably try to fix this by bringing out new instances, and maybe higher rank gear to bring new challenges, but it won't be long before people can CS it in the space of a day, and then where does pwi know when to stop?
    Lowbies are frosting like crazy because they don't understand that being high level is just not special on pwi anymore, nor is having fancy nv gear.
    If you enjoy this expansion then that's fine, but most of us who do remember when pwi used to be fun and challenging would probably much rather find a game that hasn't royally f ucked itself up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fak2000 wrote: »
    Really, what's the other income for casters except for caster nirvana?
    Even delta has lost coins. We can't do any instance and who wants to get a caster for any instance anyway?
    ^ These pretty much sum up why I'm so happy this change got implemented. See what I mean? Lazy people that were not able to see any other instance as worth playing in except for nirvy.
    It's 2x, You wanna make coins? Go run TT. High lvl gold mats go from 5 mil to 10 mil, 1 or 2 mats with a full squad you get out with 800k to 2+ mil profit, 1 nirvy run would go from 400k to 2ish mil max depending on drops. Same profit. WAKE UP or get lost.
    Go ahead and ragequit already. For once PW reaches out to those of us who are neither no lifers nor heavy CSers and THIS (not any of the other stuff that has gone wrong) is what breaks the camel's back for you? I'm a paying customer too, and very regular at that, and I for one couldn't be happier with something that gives not just me, but casuals, f2ps and newbies, a fighting chance. Previous to this my endgame goal was G13 vana and nothing more, perhaps a G16 wep, as I could never afford to go any further in terms of time available to me and my refusal to P2Win.

And did any of you actually realized NW was actually very fun and enjoyable? And not in the sense of surviving running an instance with a random squad, which was as good as the game got for me and many others.

Edit; And LOL at an even playing field ruining PvP, it only sucks for the griefers hiding behind OP gear to gank others...

I totaly agree with you, NW is FUN and the reward lets people who can not spend 5-8 hours a day on the game ona daily basis actually get competitive.

I could allow that the reward may be a bit too high, if it was a 2 tokens per canny and 10 tokens per rap maybe it'd be more balanced and people would stop whining so much about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would be nice to have a GM or CM comment that they at least know there is an issue and are actually working on some sort of fix (or not). I realize Venus said that the information has been passed on, but the lack of response on their part is extremely disheartening.

Don't let this turn into another Goon Glitch scenario where you admit there was a problem but basically refuse to do anything because you "can't easily see who abused the system".
    Well I give up. I spent months farming my g15 gear, and almost a year farming gear for my sin. That can now be done on a week. PVE is now ruined, every instance can be done in five seconds. PVP is now ruined, as everyone who had r9 will now have third cast. TW is ruined, and NV is rendered worthless. The economy will grind to a halt, because CSrs have no reason to sell their gold anymore. The game is now like a private server, people are buying uncannies in bulks of 3000 at a time. Raptures and Uncannies will replace coin in the economy. If PWI doesn't roll back the server, they've successfully screwed the game. There's no way of coming back from this, people will either leave now, or will leave in about 2 weeks when they're bored as hell. They can't even nerf the rate of tokens, because the people who already did last night's nation war will have an unfair advantage over the rest of the server.
    This.
    She has a few mistakes in this post but for 90%. Of this post is spot on in my option, seems to me that they hired a 12 yr old for the update to **** this game over...people who worked hard will quit prolly not yet they wil stick on for a week or two to see..and the cash shoppers will quit.
    That is a hell lot of people if u ask me...thats alot of money and busines gone. Your so smooth pwi this is my first time ever writing hate letters to u guys i always found people who QQ about every patch were spoiled and childish but really...you screwed us real good here i would rather have the sfc back then this **** i promise you, you just lost a good precent of people
    With all my years of playing this is the worst imo and im quit sad to see it happening...might be time to find a new game, though i will give u guys some time to pull off somthing brillant though i suspect no change...i just cant see ANY way this will workout?..and this is coming from a person that major in business classes..what were you guys thinking..did you not put vana instance into the arguement?...LISTEN TO THESE aPEOPLE
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was going to create my own thread, but I'll just add to yoursb:cute

Nirvana isn't the only thing that's about to die.

I think a lot of the dungeons are about to die, simply because of the warsoul items. You needed items from Lunar, City of Abominations, Warsong, Twilight, and something else. Now you just need supply tokens. Which you can get 2 times a week, and in mass quantities.

Though I don't think twilight will ever completely die because of the gear you need, but as far as I know it's already been on a steady decline.

Meanwhile, of all the things they SHOULD have offered up a bit easier, and with a recast, why not the Weapons of the Sages? I've been working my butt off for Hitman Legend, but at this point I'm not sure why I should bother. If everyone's going to be walking around with overpowered recast Warsoul, Hitman looks like a butter knife.

And you're absolutely right that there's nothing to bring in and keep new players.

Nation Wars was a blast, and I haven't had that much fun in a while. But I'm kinda starting to think PWI isn't trying hard enough. They keep making the wrong things too easy. What would've been better at making things easier is bringing in more players so we can have squads.

Practically, no one farmed all those instances you mentioned for warsoul weapons. Farming for warsoul would takes years to achieve.

In my opinion, instead of panicking and rage quitting, we should keep playing and see how the game evolves. It won't take too long to find out. If you no longer can play then go ahead and quit. Nevertheless, the rewards of nation wars are available to anyone (who live in a good time zone b:surrender). And, nation wars are very fun. I liked them more than TW.

In my opinion they should change nation wars to 12:00 pm West Coast Time, so most of the people from all the world (because we have people from all the regions in the world in this game version) can get the change to participate in this.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    I dont understand why people are complaining. I was farming for my R8 gear and then later for my cannies and raps for nrivana mold warsong recast. Had one armor piece completed and 80 raps towards the weapon and 22 cannies towards second piece of armor. Now i will get that much faster. I saved all my cannies and raps i could get from caster vana for it. Now i can get my gear much faster just as everyone else. I dont think there are any losers here. Everyone gets something.

On my server the only people even seen complain are quit are some of the sins and BMs. Those who noone liked anyway. Will they quit for real? History tells us that 90% of those who rage quit will come back in a week or two.

I think the change is excellent and it will help broaden the game for a while until the next twist come along. Personally i am also glad that the Nirvana instance will be less popular. It brought out the worst in people. Scammers and aps racist ran rampant. Now the game will be nicer and more friendly. Especially during 2x.

About money i farmed everything in this game on a mystic. I am quite lazy but still got a few hundred millions just doing normal things like BH and TT and warsong and stuff like that. Not a merchant and not a farmer, even though i like to farm stuff myself instead of buying them if possible. I never farmed nirvana and still manage to have decently competitive gear (even more so now when i can get the raps and cannies to use my warsong nirvana molds.

I would like to congratulate PWI on a successful change that helps 90% of the players. Dont listen to the small percentage like Zanir. It would be even better if we could have Server vs Server wars but these Nation wars will do fine for now.

The "Small percentage" like me is actually much larger than you think. Furthermore, PWE is not helping anyone by giving them all of this stuff for basically free. I also never said they should completely remove this new way to get Uncanny and Raptures as I will agree 120% that Nirvana is boring as hell.

My big point is that the reward table is extremely flawed in such a way that it literally injects thousands and thousands of Nirvana mats into the game economy every night that this event takes place.

I personally HATE PvP, I'd rather grind Nirvana or DQ or whatever to get my gear. There are others who hate PvE and love PvP. This event is fun, a great alternative to TW. The only downside is the way the rewards are handled. They should be comparable to the PvE counterpart based on the time/effort put into the event. This way anyone is free to choose how they farm their gear.
  • maverik4life
    maverik4life Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All this QQ cuz of an update that helps out the ppl who arent cashing so they can get good gear easy, cuz if you arent 5 aps +10 or higher, you arent gonna be farming nirvy or going to any BH100s.

Same goes with casters, ppl still wanted g15-16 +10.

Now, the field has been lvld. you dont need to like it, accept it or move on.

b:laugh

This expansion not only helps me out, but most of the ppl I know.

b:victory
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The same way we always have, slow and patient. If you're talking about the DQ nerf I'm actually against that, even if no longer affected by it, but you have to be kidding if you think lowbies are not benefitted by NW themselves. You can still make it in a half decent shape to 6x on quest rewards alone, with free charms and divine weps, etc. Mat and herb farming are still on the table and once you start getting supply tokens you'll at least get some form of a fighting chance.

The DQ nerf is, I think, near consensus that is bad for the game and this is the one issue we can't afford to let go off. The Nirvana thing only affects well established players with plenty of other sources of income. Do you thing I get ecstasy cards out of doing my bh runs?

Refines up to +9 are not that hard for dedicated endgame players, everything beyond is only for heavy CSers and no lifers, it will likely remain so. And those refines alone are a huge advantage. Same thing with sharding.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How is it a coin sink? Warsoul fragments were millions to chip in 1k. Raptures and Uncanny were 1m+ and 500k+ respectively (at least on Lothranis). The only parts that even come close to being a coin sink are the outrageous fees to recast the gear.

how many warsoul mats do you think were being made before? enough for 2 or 3 cube necks and WS belts, maybe?

boss drops do not add any coin to the economy unless you count the coin they drop.

this expansion will be a huge coin sink, not only from mat crafting fees, but from the re-cast crafting fees that are now available to the people who can afford the now drastically reduced prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sepulturaa - Lost City
    Sepulturaa - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Go ahead and ragequit already. For once PW reaches out to those of us who are neither no lifers nor heavy CSers and THIS (not any of the other stuff that has gone wrong) is what breaks the camel's back for you? I'm a paying customer too, and very regular at that, and I for one couldn't be happier with something that gives not just me, but casuals, f2ps and newbies, a fighting chance.

You seriously think that because you have a 'fighting chance' at getting NV gear that has any advantage for you? If you want to talk about a fighting chance, get rank 9, because to those guys NV geared characters are a oneshot. PVE is easier now, sure, but when was it ever difficult since aps and r9?
    And calling people no-lifers because they spend more time on here than you? I'm not speaking for myself, but doesn't that make the opinions of the 'no-lifers' on pwi more important than yours? Newbies and casuals don't need high lvl gears, that's the whole point of the word 'newbie' and 'casual' players. It's about the fun you have while you play, and whilst you're on pwi, facing r9 3rd cast players who will grief you and call you noob no matter what, you're just pissing in the wind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I cant believe that some people dont get how bad this is.

The little balance between cash shoppers and farmers is gone.
    For what do CS's need farmers now? You buy your Rank in Boutique.
    You upgrade your gear in a 2h event. You refine it with Orbs from Boutique.
    You shard it with pack items from boutique.
    For what do they need coins anymore?
    Goldprice will be sky rocket high IF someone still sells.

For what shall i farm TT or Lunar? Since when does R9 requires TT or Lunar mats?
    Badges have to be farmed anyways by everybody themselfs.

The problem is that farmers ( whoever it is Sins, Bms ,casters ) have nothing to offer anymore for the one's that cash.
    Getting the coin is not a problem. Getting something for your coin will be.
    This will make the game unplayable for the one's who dont cash.
    And this is what scarres me.

What happend yesterday after the event on Momoganon?
    Within 1h the WC was filled with links of new gear and weapons.Half of the server basicly got geared up in 2h. And this is supposed to be correct?

Same guys dropped all their stuff (pan gu tome, 10m notes etc) and left.
    And those wont be the last one's.

So to all the one's who are happy about that. Enjoy your cheap easy gear and then you will have a lot of time to think about what went wrong since there is nothing left to do.b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Nah it's a definitely a coin sink. values in column H is the number of coins that are totally destroyed when creating items.

That's a pretty decent amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The game i came from was a pure pvp game. I did enjoy it. I choose not to pvp here because of personal reasons, it just isnt feasible/reasonable for me to be able to do so anymore.

are you a contentious objector? this instance, regardless of the rewards was honestly the most fun i've had in PWI in a long time. you arent hurting anyones feelings, nobody is dropping their gear, you cant even see the name of your opponent, nor your opponent you. (unless you recognize fashion/face).

The new instance is well Balanced, well implimented, and a lot of fun, and all people want to do is cry about how boring *** nirvana farming is now pointless.

Remember when you played this game to have fun, and not grind out coins at a rate far slower than a crappy minimum wage job? Thats what this instance brings back, Playable fun, and a reduced focus on grinding coin.

Everytime there is a major change in any MMO ever, the masses shout that the devs ruined the game with a change, rarely are they right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But It'll be fun fo have small factions getting competitive with G16/R9 third cast toons.

Please explain me what you mean with competitive.

The rep sales you mentionned are a perfect example. I'm 1 of those who wasn't opposed to rep being in boutique even though I had r8 already, but I was against the price. There was the same euphoria as now. Players showing off their (already past) glorious gear. Look what it is now. It's the dirt cheap minimal gear you need to be not laughed at in a squad. Because of that, most instances that were though became a breeze.

Same will probably happen now : G15/16 nirvana will become the dirt cheap minimal gear for a level100. Since it's so cheap, you will even be expected to have the best possible stats on your weapon. The instances that were already a breeze, will now become even easier. All positive effect from the update with bh change and warsong change will be nullified in a few weeks.

Yay, the grade of the minimum average gear went up. Does that make smaller factions more competitive pve wise ? nope, pve was already easy even for smaller factions. Pvp wise ? We'll see the effect on orbs, but I doubt it. TW wise ? We'll see the TW factions next recruit requirements.
    New wars are also FUN, so, instead of killing boss after boss in nirvana you can do an instance that actually requires a bit of strategy and that changes everytime because it's not against an AI, but against people.

I'm sad cause this was personally bad for me (lost millions worth on cannies/raptures as well), but at the same time I'm happy endgame gear will be more widespread, making for a more competitive TW and the very nation wars too. Maybe even pk will come back to life.

Now delete that 1st paragraphe because it's timezone based and you can't participate. Would you still think it's a good expension ?

Also, poeple complain about the rewards being to big and/or the **** decision of making it a timezone event like TW. There is nobody complaining about NW not being fun or it being a bad idea in it's principle.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    You seriously think that because you have a 'fighting chance' at getting NV gear that has any advantage for you? If you want to talk about a fighting chance, get rank 9, because to those guys NV geared characters are a oneshot. PVE is easier now, sure, but when was it ever difficult since aps and r9?
    And calling people no-lifers because they spend more time on here than you? I'm not speaking for myself, but doesn't that make the opinions of the 'no-lifers' on pwi more important than yours? Newbies and casuals don't need high lvl gears, that's the whole point of the word 'newbie' and 'casual' players. It's about the fun you have while you play, and whilst you're on pwi, facing r9 3rd cast players who will grief you and call you noob no matter what, you're just pissing in the wind.

Hey, you're making my point here, you guys still have your R9, but apparently the idea of facing people in G16 puts the fear in you...

And no, I'm very precise about what I mean by no lifer. People with natural daily activities (school, work) a social life, relationships, other hobbies (sports, traveling) cannot afford to go over 15 hours a week, tops. I'm myself trying to keep my gaming (including forums) in between 8-12 hours a week. And don't start with the exceptional circumstances argument, even if you were bed ridden there's far more worthwhile stuff you can do from a computer than gaming 24/7. And don't get me started on the people spending obscene amounts of their income on this...

And yeah, we do need the gear. The only stuff you can do without it is grind, buy FCCs and BHs. It's no fun and games are meant to be fun, so don't patronize like we should be happy we just get to log in just because we are not willing to surrender our sanity to a freaking hobbie.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    are you a contentious objector? this instance, regardless of the rewards was honestly the most fun i've had in PWI in a long time. you arent hurting anyones feelings, nobody is dropping their gear, you cant even see the name of your opponent, nor your opponent you. (unless you recognize fashion/face).

The new instance is well Balanced, well implimented, and a lot of fun, and all people want to do is cry about how boring *** nirvana farming is now pointless.

Remember when you played this game to have fun, and not grind out coins at a rate far slower than a crappy minimum wage job? Thats what this instance brings back, Playable fun, and a reduced focus on grinding coin.

Everytime there is a major change in any MMO ever, the masses shout that the devs ruined the game with a change, rarely are they right.

No, due to personal health reasons, i am no longer able (physically) to do the things i need to do to pk. (Hence why archer is my main, point and shoot) And honestly, that shouldnt be the issue, there are PLENTY of people on pve servers that have no desire to pk, period.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Nah it's a definitely a coin sink. values in column H is the number of coins that are totally destroyed when creating items.

That's a pretty decent amount.

I was pointing more towards the Uncanny and Raptures which is what I thought was being directly discussed. Everything else is a coin sink, but honestly how many "Average" players are going to be recasting their Sky Cover/Cloud Stir, Scroll of Tomes, Guild Base Helms (Hell, how many people even have these?), etc?

As I said, I was quick to respond and didn't properly elaborate on what I was saying. Yes the majority of the things in the forges are a coin sink, but unfortunately on Lothranis (which is the only server I can currently comment on) the only things that were even manufactured after Nation Wars were Uncanny and Raps. There were a very small number of people making Warsoul fragments for Cube neck, but that was extremely small.

So this reverts right back to the issue of the reward table and the cost per item. It all needs to be reworked because the sheer number of drops being introduced is absurd.
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In my opinion they should change nation wars to 12:00 pm West Coast Time, so most of the people from all the world (because we have people from all the regions in the world in this game version) can get the change to participate in this.

Yep totally support that one. The times are ****, but the war itself is fun.. Less laggy than TW but still more than 1 target,,

What concerns the prices: Yes Unc/Raps are dropping like hell and yes its hrd to get coins. But do you consider, that not everyone on that server has a sin or caster?..
    For myself I play a seeker and Seekers aren't wanted in any version of nirvana.. Should I now be sad, because i now have a realistic chance to get Unc/Raps without creating a sin char just to farm them?
    Not really!!

The nerf of DQ Items is more sth I consider wrong. It was made to stop botting but in the end it will stop the grinding for lvl 70 and below.

For the other instances: They exist, but none was worth farming till now. Why going lunar, when all weapons come from a box? Why TT, when there is a Rank weapon, better than TT? What I mean, the instances exist but its not worth running them, exept for own use. Now we still have Nirvana and ppl can still run it to get Unc/raps. Just its like TT, when Nirvana came out -> noone will go there, if he isn't forced.

Life is change, maybe that is a moment when life in PWI changes.. And to that farmers that are now sad: Sorry, but the info that NW will nerf the Unc/Rap price was spread at least 2 weeks ago.. Sorry for your lost profit, but as mentioned above I'm not sad to have a chance to get my stuff recasted now, since farming as seeker is a no-go.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I was pointing more towards the Uncanny and Raptures which is what I thought was being directly discussed. Everything else is a coin sink, but honestly how many "Average" players are going to be recasting their Sky Cover/Cloud Stir, Scroll of Tomes, Guild Base Helms (Hell, how many people even have these?), etc?

And here I was thinking you could now get full endgame in just 2 hours. So apparently there are still goals not everyone can reach...
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Very few WS mats were ever chipped, they just weren't high traffic items. The addition of cheaper options will likely sink more coins even if it's less per individual mat.

Raps and Uncs were bought from other players, THERE IS NO COIN SINKING IN TRADE BETWEEN PLAYERS. You may lose coins, but the other guy gains, it's a net 0 equation, nothing is created or destroyed, it's just changes ownership.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh no, random person told me i'm n00b : (

not random - i said it ! and yea, you are a n00b (if u actually know what that word means) b:bye

now stop qqing and next time read the patch notes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And no, I'm very precise about what I mean by no lifer.

Gotta love people that find themselves so serious to think they are relevant enough to determine who does and who does not have a life b:laugh
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Hey, you're making my point here, you guys still have your R9, but apparently the idea of facing people in G16 puts the fear in you...

And no, I'm very precise about what I mean by no lifer. People with natural daily activities (school, work) a social life, relationships, other hobbies (sports, traveling) cannot afford to go over 15 hours a week, tops. I'm myself trying to keep my gaming (including forums) in between 8-12 hours a week. And don't start with the exceptional circumstances argument, even if you were bed ridden there's far more worthwhile stuff you can do from a computer than gaming 24/7. And don't get me started on the people spending obscene amounts of their income on this...

And yeah, we do need the gear. The only stuff you can do without it is grind, buy FCCs and BHs. It's no fun and games are meant to be fun, so don't patronize like we should be happy we just get to log in just because we are not willing to surrender our sanity to a freaking hobbie.

Nobody's asking you to surrender your sanity to anything, but how can you even begin to think that this new system is even remotely fair? Because now everyone can have 2nd cast gear in a single night? That's extremely short sighted and ignorant.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Raps and Uncs were bought from other players, THERE IS NO COIN SINKING IN TRADE BETWEEN PLAYERS. You may lose coins, but the other guy gains, it's a net 0 equation, nothing is created or destroyed, it's just changes ownership.

This right here was my point and is the part that is so detrimental to the game. We went from having a limited supply to having an over abundance.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Nobody's asking you to surrender your sanity to anything, but how can you even begin to think that this new system is even remotely fair? Because now everyone can have 2nd cast gear in a single night? That's extremely short sighted and ignorant.

No one's getting full 2nd cast vana in one night of NW so quit it with that. You still have to level. You still need TTgold or Lunar. For endgame players those may be negligible costs but apparently you're not much on touch with the leveling curve if you think it's that easy, it will still take months for most of us. Except it will be fun to do so through NW instead of slowly farming our way to buy the stuff (cause they wouldn't let us in to farm our gears unless we already had them, right? link wep?). What's short sighted and ignorant is disregarding what this means to people other than the elite who don't actually need the stuff but it's only farming it for profit.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are ways PWI could have implemeted this instance and still had people being happy doing both by balancing the worth of the tokens or the sum of them. Keeping nirvanas value to the PVErs aswell as giving the chance to gain to the ones who didnt PVE farm or enjoy it.

Did they balance it? No. They felt like kicking every aspect of the game to shreds instead. Every hardworking farmers shiet got turned to dust and every ingame instance lacks up to date challenges with this new gear craze.

Welcome the new era of private server style as much as you all want, but unless PWI decides to either revamp all the instances or bring in new challenges ASAP, many of you wont even enjoy ur new gears. Specially not once the ones sitting on their transferable +12/endgamesharded gears show up to steal the show in s3r9.
    Cause imo, r9 as basic gears, will probably end up alot harder now than it ever was before. The rest of you can just enjoy being s3 clones. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As said, where are the new players?

As you stated, TT is hard to get. Now when DQ is nerfed and material drops are still somewhat random/rare.... where do you think new people get their gear from?

The game WILL die when old players get bored with their OP chars. Did you read my post? Do you understand what it means to have tons of people with good endgame gear?

tell that to ppl like me, who has started playing this game since CB b:sweat

i have been rank 9 user and i'm still not bored of this game - especially now when this new event gave me another reasons to play MOAR !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited November 2012
    pwi. please take your sirens of war back to where ever they came from.

sincerely: pve players who dont NW therefore cannot get the juicy atrribute this expansion brings.

Thank you. b:kiss