Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was going to create my own thread, but I'll just add to yoursb:cute

Nirvana isn't the only thing that's about to die.

I think a lot of the dungeons are about to die, simply because of the warsoul items. You needed items from Lunar, City of Abominations, Warsong, Twilight, and something else. Now you just need supply tokens. Which you can get 2 times a week, and in mass quantities.

Though I don't think twilight will ever completely die because of the gear you need, but as far as I know it's already been on a steady decline.

Meanwhile, of all the things they SHOULD have offered up a bit easier, and with a recast, why not the Weapons of the Sages? I've been working my butt off for Hitman Legend, but at this point I'm not sure why I should bother. If everyone's going to be walking around with overpowered recast Warsoul, Hitman looks like a butter knife.

And you're absolutely right that there's nothing to bring in and keep new players.

Nation Wars was a blast, and I haven't had that much fun in a while. But I'm kinda starting to think PWI isn't trying hard enough. They keep making the wrong things too easy. What would've been better at making things easier is bringing in more players so we can have squads.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I, who farmed my r9, lost all goals I ever had in this expansion. For one, I can't NW as it's like 5am my timezone, for second...me and my hubby lost 450-500mil worth in mats over night. As third, well...I don't feel like being given s3r9 when people who merched for months or even CSd it, had it...and it turned into dust.

People who are happy over this drastic change in values should be ashamed of themselves. I see no point in PWI when everyone at lv80+ runs around in upgraded warsoul weapons and lv100 is all s3 + recasted r9. Did you guys think further than your nose reaches? Did you consider what it'll do to the normal instances we do daily when this OP dmg/def hits it?

As you mentioned, the instances are dead, and so will the fine line be between the need of classes in some time. This '10k needed hp' in BH won't be a hard thing to aqquire anymore...so Bye barbs, and bye to my own cleric class - who needs a healer when their hp/def does all the work for them? Every squad will be 5.0 maxed out int gear (r8 recast best options, nirvana, s3) aswell as massive dmg, so bosses will be looked at, and down.
    Already seen this with a normal BH setup of int people, but those weren't the average to get...but from yday, they now are.

Keeping urself alive as a BM in s3r9 with BP won't be a problem either due to
    all the bonuses...so honestly, I see the games classes dying with the instances. The ones who may aqquire a barb and a cleric will be lunar/warsong..but honestly, those can probably be managed aswell now with a charm and BP with the squad setup of s3 as the lowest.

Never seen such lack of respect for players dedicated money and time in my MMO life. There has been bad decisions by companies..but this..? I doubt they even read the update themselves this time. They replaced a farming instance that played a huge role in players daily economy, that could be farmed anytime, by mainly anyone if so wanted and set up for. Now? Us with a bad timezones can't 'farm' NW..and us not into PvP just sigh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yet to add as people QQed Nirvana being boring... Why we do not start a petition for a more interesting Nirvana instead of bringing in economy killing PVP events?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • stealth123
    stealth123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am a low channeling sage wizard and i farmed Nirvana just fine.

k you are a wiz you can do caster nirv 2 times /day... what about barbs? seekers?sage bm's? sage sin's? who are not 4-5aps?or bow archers?
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    as someone who isn't a 4.0-5.0 archer i could care less about NV, i don't have the money to throw around on PWI and its hard enough getting a TT sqaud.. this is a chance for people who can't throw around money or get farming runs to get decent gear. Its not like this is the end of the game there are still tons of stuff to do and farm to make money
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you did something good. Had so much fun playing b:laugh got 110 tokens lol how many did you guys get? Have to say on LC it was pretty fair and balanced, not sure how it went on the other severs tho

Speaking as one of the r9's who farmed their gear, I love this expansion. no QQ'ing from me over this.

sure, the economy is going to change, some zones may not be utilized as much, but let's face it. Up to now the game has only been BH BH BH FC FC FC BH BH some TT thrown in. oh yeah then VANA every second u can during 2x..

how the heck was that fun?

At least now people can enjoy the game again. Spend two hours, twice a week "farming' supply tokens, then go back to enjoying the game.

Game didn't die when gold reached 1mil. game didn't die when "Gooning" was popular. Game didn't die when they nixed gooning. game didn't die when they added Morai.

game wont' die now.

change? yes. it'll change. but it won't die.

TY PWI for this addition and bringing the game back into some "balance"

it doesn't "BREAK" the game. will only seperate the haves and have nots. which, is how it is NOW.

Those how have, will be R9 third cast . Those who have not, will be T3 or R8R

what u loose is the middle ground. big deal.

adapt and over come.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its not like this is the end of the game there are still tons of stuff to do and farm to make money

orly do enlighten us

also archer is easiest class to 4.0 or 5.0 takes nearly no effort///ijs
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @Channman -
    You mention it won't effect the game...did you even read the experienced players posts? We who have the gears to do w.e we want, can tell you that when everyone else does aswell, there's nothing left as challenging or even fun in it. It may be selfish, but everyone shouldn't wear s3 nirvana or have access to s3r9...the game isn't built for it, simple as that. It'll become a game based on AFKing or soloing stuff from now on, like it once were and they tried to fix by rebalancing bosses...they just ruined that again imo.

FF with lv80 upgraded warsoul weps...challenging indeed. BH 100s arn't much of a challenge already, so handsdown they'll be ruined. Warsong/Lunar, was never a fan of them but most classes won't have a problem with the atk/def/hp needed to do them fast now. TT? They're a joke besides the 3-x versions. And they're about to become it as every normal player out there can find a squad able to do it easily.

This game is still designed after the gears of a squad with TT90 - r8 as the top damage output and tank abilities. It is nowhere near in the need of having the gears that are coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    As said, where are the new players?

As you stated, TT is hard to get. Now when DQ is nerfed and material drops are still somewhat random/rare.... where do you think new people get their gear from?

The game WILL die when old players get bored with their OP chars. Did you read my post? Do you understand what it means to have tons of people with good endgame gear?

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • StarStrukkk - Heavens Tear
    StarStrukkk - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    as someone who isn't a 4.0-5.0 archer i could care less about NV, i don't have the money to throw around on PWI and its hard enough getting a TT sqaud.. this is a chance for people who can't throw around money or get farming runs to get decent gear. Its not like this is the end of the game there are still tons of stuff to do and farm to make money

If thats the case, tell them to give out free heart of natures aswell as rewards.

People who didn't get a chance to join other squads, or discriminated against made other chars to join in and farm the gear for their chars.

Now people are getting handed items so many people have paid/worked so hard for on a golden platter.
    Taking away other peoples accomplishments, and for what?
    Only people who are okay, or happy about the change are people who, never earned/accomplished anything on their own.

So what about all the paying customers who decided to fund pwi buy spending thousands of dollars on gear etc?
    Just to have others get given gear of similar stats.
    Most likely its just a scheme of PWI to get people who already spend money, to spend even more to get R9 Stage 3, so they can be better than the Stage 3 nirvana geared people, since the server will now be flooded to the **** with it all.

BTW. They will probably just remove this thread as they did with mine.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am a low channeling sage wizard and i farmed Nirvana just fine.

I know several casters and seekers who also farmed Nirvana just fine.

I have a 5aps sin. I did Nirvana on her twice, and decided never again would she set foot in there.

Veno for life!
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its a progression in any MMO I have played over the last 14 years of playing them. What was over powered gear/weapons, in time becomes the norm, no matter how long it took to get them. As others have stated, it happened in this game with other OP gear/weapons like R8.

One cannot expect the best items to remain so forever, otherwise there would be nothing else in the game to look forward to. And those who saved all their cannies and raps to sell them, and this update comes out, in essence, flooding the market, is commonplace in the real world as well. Consider game consoles/toys in short supply around Christmas time. People get greedy, and buy a bunch of them. They might sell a few at grossly inflated prices, but once supply is restored, the price drops down to normal MSRP, or even better a sale price in a year or two for those patient enough to wait.

So, to those that had the best gear before everyone else, whether you csed it or farmed it, you had it before others and were able to enjoy it. To those that were dependant on farming and were not close yet, and had the market tank, its bad timing.

My guess is, most that are complaining are the farmers that have more time, are younger, and in school, or drop outs/unemployed (mind you, not all farmers) that have much more time to invest than those of us that have limited play times.

And for tje record, the event people are up in arms about because of the time the event occurs, I am in that boat because of my work schedule. However work trumps gaming. So be it. I don't get upset at game mechanics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree with this, and essentially, they've turned PWI into an official private server. Everything is now attainable with a little bit of time and effort. This will level the playing field for everyone and make the game more about who know how to use skill instead of those who have OP gear.

I can see where all the people who are complaining about they farmed their entire careers on PWI, but at this point, I think we're past that. The game won't end, rollback or not, it'll stay the same. New players will still come, old players will stay. Might weed out a few here or there but, all in all, this expansion made the game more fun.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nirvana is dead.
  • Leonaides - Dreamweaver
    Leonaides - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love this new update, made unreachable goals reachable :D

i mean sure if you wanna farm nirvy for 8 hours a day doin the same stuff over and over lol
    i hope the rest of the players will get better gear. means fun tws means fun pk.

i mean what do you really use the money from nirvana? for gear duh lol
    its now farmable and it would make it all whole lot more fun

if anything i hope its the new par with tt and nirvy to g16 nirvy and r9rr <3
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    IMO we can TRY to keep this thread up and hope that a GM will take a look at it.

Petitions have been made before.

If we do not give up with this subject maybe they will try to work it out somehow and stop the corruption of the game.

• Leonaides - Dreamweaver
    Leonaides - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love this expansion ^^
    made everything reachable for me :D

plus the new bms skill are leet!b:dirty
    edited November 2012
    IMO we can TRY to keep this thread up and hope that a GM will take a look at it.

Petitions have been made before.

If we do not give up with this subject maybe they will try to work it out somehow and stop the corruption of the game.

We will see if they decide to do anything about it.
    If they don't they just dug their own hole.
    Our server seems dead already. Not sure if thats from people not being able to finish downloading the update, or people quit the game already.
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Two things happened for me after the NW last night, I had mixed feelings about the rewards, I worked my *** off to get my sin her vana pants and vana wep a long time ago & just this past previous 2x my psys pants and her helm, but at the same time I did feel like I enjoyed the game once again at last, not having time to play like I used to, this was nice, I can experience what others get to with nirvana, gives me a chance to reach those goals I couldnt due to work or rl, but it also gives me more incentive to reach them then lock away my gear and quit lol nothing to be done if reaching goals will be so easy & take a month tops =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    @Channman -
    You mention it won't effect the game...did you even read the experienced players posts? We who have the gears to do w.e we want, can tell you that when everyone else does aswell, there's nothing left as challenging or even fun in it. It may be selfish, but everyone shouldn't wear s3 nirvana or have access to s3r9...the game isn't built for it, simple as that. It'll become a game based on AFKing or soloing stuff from now on, like it once were and they tried to fix by rebalancing bosses...they just ruined that again imo.

FF with lv80 upgraded warsoul weps...challenging indeed. BH 100s arn't much of a challenge already, so handsdown they'll be ruined. Warsong/Lunar, was never a fan of them but most classes won't have a problem with the atk/def/hp needed to do them fast now. TT? They're a joke besides the 3-x versions. And they're about to become it as every normal player out there can find a squad able to do it easily.

This game is still designed after the gears of a squad with TT90 - r8 as the top damage output and tank abilities. It is nowhere near in the need of having the gears that are coming.

did you even read my post? i never said it wouldn't effect the game but its not going to kill it like you guys are saying..

as for experienced players posts i have been playing this game since 2008... As for WS and lunar i understand they made them harder and have plans to upgrade them. TT is becoming big again, LC has quite a bit of WC going right now asking so did DW when i logged as well as a good bit of people looking for WS. Yes R9 is op but i know r9 squads that have problems doing stuff as well.

People aren't getting handed items as you still have to do the event and its not like you get s ton of tokens... i got 110 some people got around 200 but i don't think anyone got over 300... So it still will take a little bit to get the gear, sure not as long as farming NV and stuff but still.

@Mosz umm not really... If anything Sins would be the easiest and fastest to get to 5.0...
  • OverSlept - Harshlands
    OverSlept - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I, who farmed my r9, lost all goals I ever had in this expansion. For one, I can't NW as it's like 5am my timezone, for second...me and my hubby lost 450-500mil worth in mats over night. As third, well...I don't feel like being given s3r9 when people who merched for months or even CSd it, had it...and it turned into dust.

People who are happy over this drastic change in values should be ashamed of themselves. I see no point in PWI when everyone at lv80+ runs around in upgraded warsoul weapons and lv100 is all s3 + recasted r9. Did you guys think further than your nose reaches? Did you consider what it'll do to the normal instances we do daily when this OP dmg/def hits it?

Omg just QQ more or go cry in a corner for losing 450-500 mil. Open your eyes and realize it`s just a game not like you lost money in real life. You know what? I`m really happy about this patch and i hope Gm wont change anything about it. Why? Simply it took too much time to farm gears for 1 char but for all. For me who is having life, school, friends and so on, i just don`t have time to sit whole day in a game like a nerd. Atleast there will be some PVP after ppl will get new gears. And about that there will be a challenge like 3 years ago the answer is no because back then best gears to farm were TT/Lunar which didn`t take so much time and for r8 you had to spend 2k$ so yea. Game is way more fun/better but you old folks don`t see that. Well i have studied that deep in mind people never like changes and this is a nice proof. QQ posts every time GM are trying to make game fun/better/more balanced
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A point to add about Nation Wars : Yet another timezone based event.

Events on specific times really suck, especially when EVERYTHING is always based in the same zone. Got to hate americans for considering everyone is american, and if they're not, they should be.
    Nation Wars

Will ruin the economy, several instances and the little challenge game had has left when it comes to endgame gear farming.

I was about to farm T3 for my barb as endgame gear. It felt a good goal - one I can reach but it'll not be too easy. Apparently this expansion ruined the challenge and I feel down. Should I now go try and farm r9 just like everyone else? What are my options? Each endgame gear I could reach will be easily farmable, common and ruins the fun ingame.
    What is the point of all players having uber cool T3 or r9?
    How about the instances? WHOOP bosses down in 1 second good job team?

Nirvana will die. Base trials will die.

Tell me what are you gonna do now as you can farm the cool endgame gear so easily? What are your options after that? Going to TW with faction and see which faction got better refined and "skilled" people?
    What instances you planned to do with your r9 recasts without it being TOO EASY? Right, there are no instances. Have fun with pulling whole Warsong and watch the mobs wipe when your overgeared squad runs in.

Where is the challenge? Go farm r9 recast? Go farm Warsoul weapons and then notice everyone else will have the same?

My main concern. Tbh, I like the concept of NW if only they made it more accesable. It's just the rewards that are just too-much. A bit like rep sales the first time. Not like it's a dissaster that canny/rap prices go down. Just a fake gift to make short-sighted players euphoric. It won't change a thing in the end. I do hate the effect on other instances though.
    How about our coins? Raps/cannies will be no option.

Don't really agree on this part. Honestly, nirvana wasn't really good money anymore for a loooooooong time. I don't even take the time to pick up keys for 99 quests, nor do I really run nirvana on 2x, nor do I consider doing caster nirvana other then if a friend drags me in. It's coins, but not something worth to make a main money source.

In general, I had great hopes for this expension, but dissapointed till now.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    the only people i really see QQing about it are the ones with OP gear... this will level the playing field a little but then again if i had OP gear and had to use little skill i would QQ as well. Nothing else that people said would kill the game killed it so this won't, most people only farmed NV during 2x so its no big deal... things change and sure this will change it but so what
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I`m really happy about this patch and i hope Gm wont change anything about it. Why? Simply it took too much time to farm gears for 1 char but for all. For me who is having life, school, friends and so on, i just don`t have time to sit whole day in a game like a nerd. Atleast there will be some PVP after ppl will get new gears. And about that there will be a challenge like 3 years ago the answer is no because back then best gears to farm were TT/Lunar which didn`t take so much time and for r8 you had to spend 2k$ so yea. Game is way more fun/better but you old folks don`t see that. Well i have studied that deep in mind people never like changes and this is a nice proof. QQ posts every time GM are trying to make game fun/better/more balanced

I JUST said the same thing! Its nice for people who dont have as much time to dedicate like we once did, and it was a lot of fun to boot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
    edited November 2012

@Mosz umm not really... If anything Sins would be the easiest and fastest to get to 5.0...

So wrong.

Fastest to get to 5.0 are BMs.
    They dont need the R8 chest piece like sins do.
    Not to mention sins need to get their stage 1 nirvana wep.
    and deicides, only cost around 40 mil.
    While R8 will cost around 90-110 mil.

Shows how inexperienced you are.
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    the only people i really see QQing about it are the ones with OP gear... this will level the playing field a little but then again if i had OP gear and had to use little skill i would QQ as well

I also have a feeling this will lower gold prices as well, seeing it under 1mil on sanct would make me happy, in a sense i do feel that this was an attempt at a re-balancing system on many many scales
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
    edited November 2012
    Omg just QQ more or go cry in a corner for losing 450-500 mil. Open your eyes and realize it`s just a game not like you lost money in real life. You know what? I`m really happy about this patch and i hope Gm wont change anything about it. Why? Simply it took too much time to farm gears for 1 char but for all. For me who is having life, school, friends and so on, i just don`t have time to sit whole day in a game like a nerd. Atleast there will be some PVP after ppl will get new gears. And about that there will be a challenge like 3 years ago the answer is no because back then best gears to farm were TT/Lunar which didn`t take so much time and for r8 you had to spend 2k$ so yea. Game is way more fun/better but you old folks don`t see that. Well i have studied that deep in mind people never like changes and this is a nice proof. QQ posts every time GM are trying to make game fun/better/more balanced

Obviously you're one of the people who never earned anything on their own b:chuckle
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    So wrong.

Fastest to get to 5.0 are BMs.
    They dont need the R8 chest piece like sins do.
    Not to mention sins need to get their stage 1 nirvana wep.
    and deicides, only cost around 40 mil.
    While R8 will cost around 90-110 mil.

Shows how inexperienced you are.

you don't need a r8 chest plate for 5.0... shows how inexperienced you are.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Obviously you're one of the people who never earned anything on their own b:chuckle

guess i didn't earn anything as well since i like the change? Guess i didn't earn my R8 i farmed or my WS belt or helm on my archer or on my 100 wiz the R8 and WS gear i farmed on him as well right?
    edited November 2012
    you don't need a r8 chest plate for 5.0... shows how inexperienced you are.
    On a sin? Lol
    Where are you going to get the aps from? a Love up and down tome? Lol that costs what? 3-4 times the price of a r8 chest piece.
    Even then that only gives -.05 interval
    Or what, recast r8? Lol loL
    Please.. stop embarrasing yourself.