Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Moved to the nirvana crash thread. I know some people are suggesting a roll back because of this but please be patient guys. Don't worry Gms will play a close attention to all of the reactions...

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited November 2012
    Moved to the nirvana crash thread. I know some people are suggesting a roll back because of this but please be patient guys. Don't worry Gms will play a close attention to all of the reactions...

i hope you are right venus hun
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    moved to the nirvana crash thread.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Moved to the nirvana crash thread. Good or bad, please keep all discussion there. Thank you.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    moved to existing thread on this issue. Please keep all discussion about this to one thread. Thank you.

• Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you guys are talking as if free players don't get anything in the game. Ive never payed for anything with rl $ and i farmed t3 nirvana on my main when anni 2x came out. When you say free players don't get anything in the game you mean you don't get anything "handed to you". Free or not I'm disappointed by this reward-rate because i put a lot of work and time to farm raptures and uncannies...
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had a lot of fun. I got 105 tokens and used them to make cannies for my husbands barb - who was cut out of Nirvy when Casters was released.

He can finally get a few pieces second cast, which will have him playing the game more.

The big money shoppers can expect new gears on the horizon. I saw some awesome Capes and Tomes you can get thanks to the event - keeping you OP.

And us little guys dont get totally ravaged for mats to recast R8, or to pursue Nirvy gears.

You can still make money if you take a breathe and think about it, too. It lets people make Warsong mats, mats for R9 recast too.

R9 has been available like 2 years now? We all heard about R10 about a year ago. So, those who are into buying their "OP" will probably soon be able to do so. R8 didnt reign forever, so there is no reason to expect R9 to be the end all.

This update goes a long way toward making the game fun again - and makes leaps and bounds towards balancing more than just skills.

I know some peeps might rage quit. Some have already rage quit long ago over much more petty stuff than this. Even some that I personally looked at as friends. But, I think a lot more peeps will rage quit 'en masse' if anything stupid like a roll back occurs.

I can see this helping bring new players onto the servers. I can see this revitalizing the barb population. I can see this making the game more fun for everyone.

There's no reason for R8s to rage quit, as you can get your recast mats with your own effort. Merchants always find a way to make money, so it wont really effect them either. They can also put forth some effort and make stuff to sell to CSers with thier tokens.

I love the update.

A big GRATS to the devs for doing a great job at restoring some equity for all to the game, and giving us a really fun instance in the process. b:kissb:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    moving this to the existing thread about this issue. Please keep all discussion there.

• Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had a lot of fun. I got 105 tokens and used them to make cannies for my husbands barb - who was cut out of Nirvy when Casters was released.

He can finally get a few pieces second cast, which will have him playing the game more.

The big money shoppers can expect new gears on the horizon. I saw some awesome Capes and Tomes you can get thanks to the event - keeping you OP.

And us little guys dont get totally ravaged for mats to recast R8, or to pursue Nirvy gears.

You can still make money if you take a breathe and think about it, too. It lets people make Warsong mats, mats for R9 recast too.

R9 has been available like 2 years now? We all heard about R10 about a year ago. So, those who are into buying their "OP" will probably soon be able to do so. R8 didnt reign forever, so there is no reason to expect R9 to be the end all.

This update goes a long way toward making the game fun again - and makes leaps and bounds towards balancing more than just skills.

I know some peeps might rage quit. Some have already rage quit long ago over much more petty stuff than this. Even some that I personally looked at as friends. But, I think a lot more peeps will rage quit 'en masse' if anything stupid like a roll back occurs.

I can see this helping bring new players onto the servers. I can see this revitalizing the barb population. I can see this making the game more fun for everyone.

There's no reason for R8s to rage quit, as you can get your recast mats with your own effort. Merchants always find a way to make money, so it wont really effect them either. They can also put forth some effort and make stuff to sell to CSers with thier tokens.

I love the update.

A big GRATS to the devs for doing a great job at restoring some equity for all to the game, and giving us a really fun instance in the process. b:kissb:victory
    nah this doesnt bring balance just creates a wider gap between good and very op
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Ehh, I raged because I already farmed a full T2/3 archer, but I realized this difference between T2/3 vana and T3R9 as opposed to a majority R8/TT99 vs R9 isn't much different, the difference will be that EVERYONE has an equal chance at getting good gears vs only APS +10 toons and sage amp venos.

My only thought is to actually take it a small step further and put MoGs into the forges from NW to make R9 at least a LITTLE bit more accessable to free to play players (who are willing to work still to get GSTs)
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
    edited November 2012

I know you resent you played the game and worked hard for what you think is people getting over easy.

Please explain how it increased the gap? While you are at it, please explain how a level 60 didnt get anything towards end game gear - or even coin from their reward to improve future gears as they level?

In reality, it didnt increase any gap - but only made closing an already gaping hole a tiny bit more feasible for anyone that is NOT R9/R9 recast. If it did increase the gap, the R9s wouldnt be raging over it at all. And, thats the truth. Sorry, but its just simple logic.
    edited November 2012
    Ehh, I raged because I already farmed a full T2/3 archer, but I realized this difference between T2/3 vana and T3R9 as opposed to a majority R8/TT99 vs R9 isn't much different, the difference will be that EVERYONE has an equal chance at getting good gears vs only APS +10 toons and sage amp venos.

My only thought is to actually take it a small step further and put MoGs into the forges from NW to make R9 at least a LITTLE bit more accessable to free to play players (who are willing to work still to get GSTs)

Awesome idea Gesh! Seriously, awesome! b:victory

Btw, the gaping hole is in attack levels. And, having a shot at recasting a Mystics R8 is not going to go anywhere toward closing the hole at all. At best the attack level is 40, compared to 70. An R9 recast with Jones Blessing can achieve an attack level somewhere around 100 Im told. Thats still a pretty big 'gear class' gap in ANY game.
  • brewdogg0007
    brewdogg0007 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    love that i did the poll and 63 people loved it, its cause those 63 players sucked at this game and just had an elite char given to them hahahahahaha
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    love that i did the poll and 63 people loved it, its cause those 63 players sucked at this game and just had an elite char given to them hahahahahaha

Or we're trying to look at the bright side. I mean when TT crashed, TT90 became the standard and people stopped wearing so much NPC gear after 70. Same with molds for even lower levels than that. When Rank 8 got sold in catshops, it made it the new standard as well. If g16 becomes the new TT gear and Rank 9 third cast becomes the new rank 9. That's an easier power gap to bridge. I mean there has always been a power gap but think back to the old days. Before the fish even. When the power gap was smaller, everyone was a lot happier both casher and non casher alike. People were nicer, pressure was lower, I just kinda hoping that with the gap closer maybe things will become a bit better even in PvP. I could be wrong and things will only get worse. But I think it's just too early to tell. So I'm just optimistic. b:pleased

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Did you even try the nw? You need to answer one question for yourself.

Do I play this game to gather coins or to get gear?

If you play for coins, merchanting is your bests bet, if you are farming vana, you are probably doing something wrong before, and especially now.

If you are playing to get gear, pwi just handed you free gear, i fail to see the complaints on that subject.

I just got 97 tokens, that is about 100 tokens, 500 canny. I can make 2 g15 sets from 2 hours of work. Isn't that worth it?

Yes the nirvana market crashed, has anyone ever looked at tt mats? Same item is sold for 300k to 1.2m, i fail to understand the pricing on it. You hardly here the complaints of tt mat sellers here.
  • vampireammy
    vampireammy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Basically to ask for NATION WARS 3 times a week! Best thing ever.b:bye

cant freaking wait till sunday's
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First Nations Wars just ended and i have to say...

TY GMS

Event was enjoyable moving between lands, choosing which to defend/attack and when to bail on a war you know your gonna lose. And having players from different factions help each other instead of killing one another was interesting (never thought i'd have Chinatown bodyguards). And then the rewards b:dirty hooooly **** its actually gonna be possible to farm 3rd cast r9 w/o CSing. Thank you for this event.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Did you even try the nw? You need to answer one question for yourself.

Do I play this game to gather coins or to get gear? yes and yas....also to help others

If you play for coins, merchanting is your bests bet, if you are farming vana, you are probably doing something wrong before, and especially now. vana wasn't wrong before now...and was 1 of few endgame content options

If you are playing to get gear, pwi just handed you free gear, i fail to see the complaints on that subject. what about refines and shards in that said gear? Those two elements cost more than the gear itself!

I just got 97 tokens, that is about 100 tokens, 500 canny. I can make 2 g15 sets from 2 hours of work. Isn't that worth it? ...with the value dropping like Enron socks...not in the least bit

Yes the nirvana market crashed, has anyone ever looked at tt mats? Same item is sold for 300k to 1.2m, i fail to understand the pricing on it. You hardly here the complaints of tt mat sellers here. now your limitations of endgame farming....have become more...limited...a downward spiral effect

yar...good thinkin without thinkin...LINK
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I did nation wars for 2 hours, killed people with a g15 morai weapon on my veno, and I got 149 supply tokens, which became 149 Rapture Crystals.

It really seems like the nirvana market did crash.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I couldn't agree more! It also seems they managed to keep a stable way of their main r9 revenue as well...pretty genius, if only the other playerbase would see Nirv already sucked as an income instance anyways.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would certainly support this, a couple of more npcs would be nice however, lag getting in was BAD. Other than that I couldn't be happier with Nation Wars.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So whats the general verdict?
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will admit I had fun but...

...wow...
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    agreed!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They just ruined the game with this.
    Goodbye Nirvana, goodbye nice and easy money, goodbye farming.

I feel so stupid by being able to farm Nirv in a day or two now. All of my efforts and fun in Nirv are now gone b:sadb:cry

All you need to do is Cash Shop now, buy R9 and then farm all the way up to Stage 3 R9 and also buy refines and a lot of packs for good Shards.

Bye, bye Free 2 Play PWI b:bye
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's good as is. The free to play player base benefits SO MUCH from this. I made 120m and still used 66 tokens for a friend and didn't use to sell...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • aluvitar
    aluvitar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Simply stupid. NV was a way for the free player to get better armors, now it's just handed to us overnight. This is basically a private server as far as ease of getting stuff.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, agreed!! <3 I give Nation Wars two thumbs up! I don't think I've had this much fun in a long time!! Can't wait until the next one; it's on Sunday, right?? :D (Although I'm with MANray_ about needing more npcs & the lag)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for almost 4 years PWI, was fun most of the time.
    Now you really fckd it up though and i have had enough.
    Goodbye