Happy about Sirens of War

potatostix
potatostix Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
For the last couple of days there has not been a single thread that was not a complaint about the new update. This has taught me a valuable lesson. For years I have played this game and although people have complained ( like when PK was first allowed in Secret Passage) and even left the game, the Devs simply do not care. For every person who says "I've had enough" there are other new players ready to replace them.

Free charms? New players will not be able to play without them when they get to higher levels, so they will either quit or spend real cash to get more. Too many pets and mounts that are taking up your inventory? Buy more space with real money. Me, I'm going to keep my cash, after all whatever I could spend it on will be given away for free later right?
Post edited by potatostix on

Comments

• Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    potatostix wrote: »
    For the last couple of days there has not been a single thread that was not a complaint about the new update. This has taught me a valuable lesson. For years I have played this game and although people have complained ( like when PK was first allowed in Secret Passage) and even left the game, the Devs simply do not care. For every person who says "I've had enough" there are other new players ready to replace them.

Free charms? New players will not be able to play without them when they get to higher levels, so they will either quit or spend real cash to get more. Too many pets and mounts that are taking up your inventory? Buy more space with real money. Me, I'm going to keep my cash, after all whatever I could spend it on will be given away for free later right?

sorry i stopped reading there...where are the new players?

here's a link to my thread as to why there won't be any...and why the game will die VERY fast (thread was closed without any real validation) LINK
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The new update ROCKS!

GJ GMs!
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
    edited November 2012
    The new update ROCKS!

GJ GMs!

so says the goon glitcher...if not gj botting
  • stealth123
    stealth123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a very welcoming event now gives the chance of getting G15 for all the caster and the non aps class :D and the nation wars was epic .... there are people complaining but they are the ones whose main income was nirv :D and it has become easier to get the warsoul weapons too i am soo excited cant wait to see how they will look like
    edited November 2012
    stealth123 wrote: »
    a very welcoming event now gives the chance of getting G15 for all the caster and the non aps class :D and the nation wars was epic .... there are people complaining but they are the ones whose main income was nirv :D and it has become easier to get the warsoul weapons too i am soo excited cant wait to see how they will look like

so basically you might as well play on a private server since there's no GAME left to it

here's why the game just died LINK

the more lazy you get in a game the less of a game it becomes
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so basically you might as well play on a private server since there's no GAME left to it

Ok, so progression is now available through an event that is open to all and you call that killing the game... It was only a small elite that was actually profiting from Nirvana, the rest were, in a very slow monotonous way, simply trying to farm their own gear. Does the chance to now do so in a much more fun environment kills the game for them? Or just for the elite?

Whatever downsides NW may have (and personally I still haven't found any) its better than mindlessly slaving doing the same thing over and over again (that requires no skill, just the ability to put up with repetition) buying your way to the top or making merchanting your most important ingame activity.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok, so progression is now available through an event that is open to all and you call that killing the game... It was only a small elite that was actually profiting from Nirvana, the rest were, in a very slow monotonous way, simply trying to farm their own gear. Does the chance to now do so in a much more fun environment kills the game for them? Or just for the elite?

Whatever downsides NW may have (and personally I still haven't found any) its better than mindlessly slaving doing the same thing over and over again (that requires no skill, just the ability to put up with repetition) buying your way to the top or making merchanting your most important ingame activity.

Exactly.

I'd say the game was already dead if a 10 minute instance was all that was left of it. With this we're actually getting somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2012

want to talk about lazziness? 5 minutes instance is what? imo only who still run gamma or run tt at lv 90 to farm their own tt90(remember 2 hours in an instance just for 1 or 2 mats you need?) are the only players who arent lazzy these days.

some people dont want to make fish because they like the class they picked at start. personaly i got a sin 5 aps with +11 dagger but i hate playing him, and hate having to spam same 5 minutes instance over and over just for some coin.

i think devs made this to try balance the game a a bit so the market isnt ruled by sins, but i will agree that 1 token +10k for rap is too cheap

cant open your link, maybe a mod moved it?
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny thing is everyone keeps talking about how this is going to kill Nirvana, but I would be more worried about it killing TW. Fact is the event is fun...and you can do it without being obligated to do base quests, perfect tw attendance, etc.... having said that- I can't remeber the time anymore when I thought nirvana was fun...
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny thing is everyone keeps talking about how this is going to kill Nirvana, but I would be more worried about it killing TW. Fact is the event is fun...and you can do it without being obligated to do base quests, perfect tw attendance, etc.... having said that- I can't remeber the time anymore when I thought nirvana was fun...

tbh the only thing that i'm worried about is the reffine/shards thing. imo they will have to either put shards/orbs on the new forges, or make rap/canny be worth more tokens, so that people that need, still can farm for some coins. tonight in sanctuary people were buying raps for 300k and cannys for 100k so whoever sold what they got still had some profit, but that should go down in 2 weeks maybe since all the rich people will have their recast by then
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope, lots of people will be workingon recasting rank9 which will take many of the nation wars worth of cannies an raps (that they won't be selling on the market) as well as the amount it will take to get upgraded ring,tome,cape and hat. Most of the people selling thier tokens result will probably be the lower geared folks, but even them, I am not sure why they would sell untill they are atleast nirvy g16 geared out.

Even if they remove the cannie/raps from the forge, nirvana is still dead. Who wants a nirvy weapon when you can now farm a warsoul and upgrade it?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012

This 100%.

When I think of TW as it's currently played right now, I don't have a favorable view of it at all. People want to talk about strategy and things like flanking your opponents and so on. But weekly TW eventually always breaks down into nothing but the old European style battles over a bland and featureless map... where each side lines up against each other and tries to run the other over. and when that doesn't work, you have a bitter war of attrition to see who can outlast the other.

Contrast that with what we had yesterday... a new map where the primary tactic seemed to be hit and run Guerrilla warfare !! b:dirty

It was glorious and should be a signal to the devs that TW needs an urgent shaking up.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It's not Nation Wars that is "Killing the Game", it's the fact that the Time : Reward ratio is so flawed compared to EVERYTHING else in the game aside from swiping your credit card. (Not just talking about Nirvana drops, take a look at the forges and check out everything that can be obtained, they've taken the MMO aspect out of the game even more so since you don't even need a squad to go do Nation Wars).

NOBODY has said that Nation Wars themselves sucked, they actually seem extremely fun and a nice change of pace from TW. It's the REWARDS that people are complaining about.

If YOU feel that everything is kosher and it's perfectly acceptable to just hand out top grade stuff like it's party favors then YOU need to go re-evaluate why you play video games in the first place.

And please...nobody even bring packs into this discussion since that is COMPLETELY luck based. You can open 5 and get a Scroll of Tome or you can open 10 thousand and get only tokens.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, it's not just the reward but also the time.
    I don't know how I feel about the rewards yet but I know some friends got screwed over and are, more or less, about to quit.

Leaving the rewards aside I think the biggest flaw is the time. Nirvana, Lunar, Warsong, TT are available at all times so people with different timezones, jobs, family etc. have the opportunity to farm at any time they wish.

Nation Wars on the other hand happen at a certain time thus excluding half (or more) of the population. It's not the same as TW which is an optional thing but if NW becomes the new "farming instance" then it will automatically exclude half of the population. Don't go around saying they should join EU servers; you can't throw away 4 years of work just like that plus leaving friends behind.

I'm one of those people that can't attend NW (yesterday was just an exception) that's the reason I'm stating this. It's because I have a lot of friends/faction mates from Europe and Asia that will probably never be able to attend the NWs. Heck, I've never been to the Celestial Tiger event or the Nien Beast one but those were completely optional and not "game-breaking" and market-crashing.

EDIT: You may say Nirvana did exclude half of the population as well (elitism) however it didn't completely cut off the chances or opportunities. My faction did "faction runs" for undergeared people to help them out until they eventually got their APS toon or geared up with AA toon and started farming Nirvana on their own. What can you do for people you can't attend the new "farming instance"?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • stealth123
    stealth123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    want to talk about lazziness? 5 minutes instance is what? imo only who still run gamma or run tt at lv 90 to farm their own tt90(remember 2 hours in an instance just for 1 or 2 mats you need?) are the only players who arent lazzy these days.

some people dont want to make fish because they like the class they picked at start. personaly i got a sin 5 aps with +11 dagger but i hate playing him, and hate having to spam same 5 minutes instance over and over just for some coin.

i think devs made this to try balance the game a a bit so the market isnt ruled by sins, but i will agree that 1 token +10k for rap is too cheap

cant open your link, maybe a mod moved it?

so what you are basically making point in here is raps and unc have become very cheap?........ first you must be a 5 aps bm or sin to think about this question..... ok now 2x comes you get to farm a lot of raps with another sin/bm to duo nirv .... you think your are very skilled by doing so ..... my firnd it doesnt take skill to farm nirv matts .... it only takes a lot of patience to do the same boring instance a lot of times under a few mins .... next so this way you get access to your required matts .... what about the non aps class? how can they farm their nirv matts for gears? you are happy as long as you get to farm the nirv matts and get to sell them at high prices? try playing along with them as the matts are accessable to everyone ... dont try to play against them ... pwi was not a custom made for you alone....how many times have you even considered a non aps high refine +10 squad to do nirv with? where should the other classes go?your source of income has gone so you say the game is messed up?