Patcher won't update.

Options
Showzen - Archosaur
Showzen - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Support Desk
When I start the game, it says that I can't log in because my version is too old.

But the patcher says I'm up-to-date with patches.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? It seems like a small issue.
Post edited by Showzen - Archosaur on

Comments

• XxBigAshxX - Lost City
    XxBigAshxX - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have the same problem b:cry
  • foffo4
    foffo4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    my patcher says preparing to update but it will never starts updating
  • lavandermoon1
    lavandermoon1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I turned off elementclient.exe in my taskmanager and the patch updated ... Hope this helps b:bye
  • hinexia
    hinexia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I checked my task manager and I don't see that program, but when I try to update my client I keep getting an error and it just repeats that there is an error no matter what I do.
  • Serilena - Dreamweaver
    Serilena - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I turned off elementclient.exe in my taskmanager and the patch updated ... Hope this helps b:bye

This was a helpful tip. Thank you so much! b:thanks
  • Nepherl - Sanctuary
    Nepherl - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Still not working for me :( other chances to get the thing updated? b:cry
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    +1 same for me working now
  • hinexia
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Can anyone help me and tell me why I'm getting an error trying to update or give me advice on what to do. I use windows and I don't see the elementclient.exe on my task manager so I need some feed back or am I the only one having this problem?
  • ruidaedalus
    ruidaedalus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hi.

I tried to login this morning, but got the message that it was "unable to connect to server".

So i tried just now, and it asks to update. Started the update, it stays there for quite a while, but it DOES start updating after 3-4 minutes.

The yellow progress bar is now 1/6 of the way, it is progressing, but very very slowly.
  • hinexia
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Stop complaining about your slow internet speed thats not the fault of tech support unless they started paying your internet bill. Some of us have real problems with the patch and actually need professional help, and why hasn't anyone said why I continously get an error downloading the patch no matter what I do? I've tried restarting the game for new download, restarting computer, switching from EN1 to EN2 nothing works so what am I supposed to do redownload the entire game because the patch messed up when I literately did NOTHING while it was updating it. Seriously no a single unneeded program was running while trying to patch. So why is it doing this. Why hasn't anyone given me an answer... why do I keep having to bump my actual serious problem because people are acting like 5 year olds... seriously can I get an answer to something, it'd be swell.
  • Artn - Archosaur
    Artn - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    When I start the game, it says that I can't log in because my version is too old.

But the patcher says I'm up-to-date with patches.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? It seems like a small issue.

Try rebooting comp if u havent done that alrdy.
    worked for me and im happy again b:laughb:victory
    My name isn't Artn anymore, someone change it pl0x.
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I am also unable to finish my update, says there is an error and tries to autorestart the update. Have been retrying, got out of the update after stopping when it wouldn't and have tried to restart it multiple times without any luck. Appreciate any assistance. Thank You and wow there was some really whinny dude when reading through the comments, hope he or she went to take a nap acting like that lol.
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
  • Lutalo - Lost City
    Lutalo - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

You are genius! Thanks for the tip. b:victory

(You have to start task manager, and go to processes to find elementclient.exe)
  • SILENT_HEC - Lost City
    SILENT_HEC - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My patcher is not updating it goes up to like 75% and just stop ive been trying to do it for like 3hours anyone can help meb:surrender
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I am also unable to finish my update, says there is an error and tries to autorestart the update. Have been retrying, got out of the update after stopping when it wouldn't and have tried to restart it multiple times without any luck. Appreciate any assistance. Thank You and wow there was some really whinny dude when reading through the comments, hope he or she went to take a nap acting like that lol.

Restart your comp, make sure the patch files aren't getting filtered by your anti-virus/other security programs (turn them off if you have to). If the auto-update fails, try manual patching and if it still can't finish updating you might have to send in a ticket.
  • thebeast52
    thebeast52 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Right click on your game icon and then click run as administrator it worked for me.
  • shinkoo
    shinkoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Just some feedback. Whenever you provide a solution for someone see if you can provide steps as well.

Below are steps for everyone on how to end the task for elementclient.exe which does resolve the issue.

Right click on the Windows System Tray (This is where the clock resides is on the taskbar)

Select "Task Manager" from the menu which appears

When Task Manager is started select the "Processes" tab

Scroll down the processes tab until you see a program called "elementclient.exe"

Right click on elementclient.exe and select "End Process" from the menu which appears.

The patch should then update withing 5 secons of this, if not look for another instances of elementclient.exe sinced multiple instances of this program can be run at the same time.
  • kanaxkura
    kanaxkura Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    removed, wrong quote post
  • kanaxkura
    kanaxkura Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

I got the same problem too .. the file kept saying its error and i cant update the patch at all, stuck at ver. 653
  • harleythehero
    harleythehero Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My patcher just says Preparing to update too. Its anoying me because i just spent almost 5 hours getting this game back -_-
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Manual Patch: http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_653-658.cup (139MB)

This is the Reflection content update.

Unofficial change list is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17411021#post17411021
    There's always a manual patch download. Since they dropped the stickied thread here, you can always look in the Maintenance thread and find where someone has posted the manual patch link, usually on the first page or so.

BTW: Manual patching is ALWAYS faster than auto patch. Typically it's 5x faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zuhla
    zuhla Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    shinkoo wrote: »
    Just some feedback. Whenever you provide a solution for someone see if you can provide steps as well.

Below are steps for everyone on how to end the task for elementclient.exe which does resolve the issue.

Right click on the Windows System Tray (This is where the clock resides is on the taskbar)

Scroll down the processes tab until you see a program called "elementclient.exe"

Right click on elementclient.exe and select "End Process" from the menu which appears.

The patch should then update withing 5 secons of this, if not look for another instances of elementclient.exe sinced multiple instances of this program can be run at the same time.

This was a huge help, thanks a ton!b:pleased
  • Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

This worked for me, feel all smart now. Thanks. b:thanks
  • weirdjosh991
    weirdjosh991 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I cant find elementclient.exe in the processes tab at all...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    High All,

For those of you that were having problems with new expansion 1.1Gb patch, we have version 676 of the PWI game client now available. As of this post, the Direct Download works, but may be busy. Clear your cookies and cache in your web browser and try again later.

The torrent is being seeded, but may take a long while.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

If you have a bandwidth cap, please be mindful of it being about 6GB.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • chaoticlaughter
    chaoticlaughter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    hinexia wrote: »
    Can anyone help me and tell me why I'm getting an error trying to update or give me advice on what to do. I use windows and I don't see the elementclient.exe on my task manager so I need some feed back or am I the only one having this problem?

i am ahaving the same issure it just sits there anddoes nothing then tell me it has a update dowload appear error auto try again in ten sec and will only keep do that nothing else
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    That's why Manual Patches are highly recommended , you can find all the patches here --> http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717 download them and then simply double-click on the patch it will start auto-install itself. Also make sure that PWI game files are added in ur anti-virus/security exception list. Good Luck !

Regards,
    Sizzer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss