New expansion update in Ubuntu problems

_Kish_ - Sanctuary
_Kish_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Support Desk
Right.. I am using wine to run pwi in Ubuntu, and it worked fine up until the new expansion. Now when I try to patch/update the patcher doesn't respond, I've re-downloaded wine and the packages and no response. Is there anyway of playing it in the near future? Or will I have to wait until I get windows 8 in about 3 weeks. Plus, why can't pwi just release a Linux version of the client, it would be so simpler. b:sad
Thank you to Silvychar for my lovely signature. ^^
Post edited by _Kish_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• linuxftw
    linuxftw Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am on OpenSuse but was having problems too. I had to update to the newest wine version 1.5.17 After i installed the new wine patcher worked but as soon as i clicked to start the game it would crash with an error. It appeared that the game install was broke because i patched game in vista then copied folder over to linux and it works fine. after installing the new wine, remove the game from the .wine prefix and delete it. run winecfg from command and it will create a a new .wine folder then cut and paste the game back into the programs folder. The only other thing i did was install ie-8 with winetricks but i dont think it was necessary. It appears the new wine has all the directx and the vcrun included. During winecfg it installs gecko and Mono(mono is the vcrun stuff). I hope this helps.