Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lmao, a guildmate of mine made 2-3 mil off of quest rewards alone with the new quests, not including any drops since he was higher level. I've played back through the lower level quests with a new character recently and ended up with x3 the coin I used to have at lvl 30.

The DQ nerf is fine. Only thing it hurts is people who grind mobs for coins, not questers. And honestly, grinding really just isn't the way to make money anymore. Items with a set price (like DQ) will never catch up with dynamically priced items.

All my quests are done/close to done on 6 toons. I know many with the same issue. Quests are also done once...what happens if you run out of money? 2-3m is barely enough for skills at later levels.

What about paying for charms and etc for TW weekly?

You're also wrong about grinding to make money and DQ items catching up with dynamic prices - lots of people sell DQ items as catshops and make plenty of money.

You're not taking a look at the whole picture - just you and your guildmate's experience.

Your post is narrow minded and short sighted. The DQ nerf seriously hurts a lot of people who just wanna get on, and farm up some coin to afford stuff with. The ONE time quests will not be enough, especially if they were completed already.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd also like to point out BM rank 8 recast HP bonus was increased from 1200 to 1500
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    And you still can. Pick up the gear, coins, farm herbs. You'll make money, Grab a kill quest while you're at it, for extra money

No not really. I tried this on my Psy. I ran outta money constantly for two weeks. Unless they made the Duty quests have amazing coin rewards (like at least 500k) this is a fail. Back in the day I could make 500k+ an hour minimum aoeing from DQ drops.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    r8 recast 4pcs set bonus increased to 15 att lvls also
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All my quests are done/close to done on 6 toons. I know many with the same issue. Quests are also done once...what happens if you run out of money? 2-3m is barely enough for skills at later levels.

What about paying for charms and etc for TW weekly?

You're also wrong about grinding to make money and DQ items catching up with dynamic prices - lots of people sell DQ items as catshops and make plenty of money.

You're not taking a look at the whole picture - just you and your guildmate's experience.

Your post is narrow minded and short sighted. The DQ nerf seriously hurts a lot of people who just wanna get on, and farm up some coin to afford stuff with. The ONE time quests will not be enough, especially if they were completed already.

I'm confused, are you a 101 bm who farms DQ71 and lower? If so, I can't help you. Farming DQs at any level will more or less not keep up with weekly charm costs for your average HA class.

If you're a lower level (80 or less), you obviously couldn't have done all the quests above your level anyway (P.S. You get the new quests even if you're already higher than the requisite).

Also, guess what, they didn't nerf the amount of DQ points you get, only the coin price. So if you're selling to other players who want DQ points anyway, your price might go down, but it's not going to affect you like it does the individuals who npc their DQ, which nullifies your argument.

Here's a tip, if you want a constructive discussion, don't call other people narrow-minded and short sighted, it's bad forum etiquette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Guys, lets not get off topic.

V4L is taking a very good look at this thread btw.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Guys, lets not get off topic.

V4L is taking a very good look at this thread btw.

Very well Kris, I'll be quiet now b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Krisnda while your adding up the list of changes and bugs, heres another one for you to add on that list. Secret passage has been reverted back to a pk/pvp free zone.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1521051
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    booker224 wrote: »
    Should be moved to the negative list.
    #1. It is an absolute pain to try to move it around on the screen.
    #2. It cuts down on visual and play area on screen even more so. Now you have to open the "Quest (Default Q)" screen to "hide" it if that additional screen area is needed.
    #3. Unless you have the right scenery, it is extremely hard to read due to the white and yellow type.
    #4. If your quest requires the collection of items from killed mobs, you still have to open the "Quest (Default Q)" screen to see what mobs are needed, thereby making the new "Available Quests" redundant.

PLUS: After all these patches in the last couple of years---

Why do we still have an annoying flashing Encyclopedia icon? Players asked a long time ago to have that flashing stopped. Keep the icon, stop it from flashing.
    Why do we still have that annoying pop-up screen whenever a World Horn is fired off. A screen that interferes with game play of every other player on the server with the exception of the one using the horn.?
    Why do we still have that annoying Auto-Path slider that needs to be adjusted every single time one takes to flight, specially when working quests with multiple landings like WQ. when the old one had the flight height preset on it and all it took was a single mouse click to get to that height?
    Agreed. Also would like for the quest tracker to be resized. I personally would like to make it twice as tall as it is now so that I don't have to keep scrolling it up and down to see everything.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Krisnda while your adding up the list of changes and bugs, heres another one for you to add on that list. Secret passage has been reverted back to a pk/pvp free zone.

I'm trying to keep things in the patch notes out of this. Just undocumented changes.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012

What's really annoying, is that this could be easily fixed by our Dev's if they only had the ability to change one line in one file and restart the servers. All told it would require about 15 minutes to fix.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    I'm confused, are you a 101 bm who farms DQ71 and lower? If so, I can't help you. Farming DQs at any level will more or less not keep up with weekly charm costs for your average HA class.

If you're a lower level (80 or less), you obviously couldn't have done all the quests above your level anyway (P.S. You get the new quests even if you're already higher than the requisite).

Also, guess what, they didn't nerf the amount of DQ points you get, only the coin price. So if you're selling to other players who want DQ points anyway, your price might go down, but it's not going to affect you like it does the individuals who npc their DQ, which nullifies your argument.

Here's a tip, if you want a constructive discussion, don't call other people narrow-minded and short sighted, it's bad forum etiquette.

You're not taking into account casual players. They just want to get on and sell the things to a merchant after grinding for a bit.

You're also making silly assumptions - I have more than just this toon, and this account. Some of us do like to play the non plvl in FF way. I tried it, I ran out of money all the time. Back in the day once quests were done you grinded mobs and got money - specifically from the DQ.

The prices of the lower level DQs in catshops actually dropped significantly, in many cases below the old sell price due to the 1 coin nerf - there was no basis anymore. I expect the same on these.

You're narrow minded and short sighted. If you're offended by that being pointed out, you don't know what constructive criticism is. I'd just call you a ****ing idiot if I wasn't being constructive.

Edit: Sorry Kris, Ill stop on this and get back on topic. Didnt see that or realize I went all tangent until you said that and I already posted the above :\
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like to point out that if PWI team didn't feel the need to bring in server vs server wars, why did u feel the need to nerf the DQ points for lowbies b:puzzled
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No not really. I tried this on my Psy. I ran outta money constantly for two weeks. Unless they made the Duty quests have amazing coin rewards (like at least 500k) this is a fail. Back in the day I could make 500k+ an hour minimum aoeing from DQ drops.

You do realize they buffed this YESTERDAY right?
    So you can't possibly have experience with them for 2 weeks
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited November 2012
    I like to point out that if PWI team didn't feel the need to bring in server vs server wars, why did u feel the need to nerf the DQ points for lowbies b:puzzled

Maybe because server vs server is not possible because of the setup over here.
    Instead, they gave us the ENTIRE server vs itself
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    You do realize they buffed this YESTERDAY right?
    So you can't possibly have experience with them for 2 weeks

You didn't read well, as usual Sirrobert. You need to work on your reading comprehension. You have issues with this in other threads too.

Help the thread out - post results of the new quests themselves. Post all of the low level dailies, and how much money you can make in a day/hour doing the dailies.

In other words - Prove your point or just stop.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    You didn't read well, as usual Sirrobert. You need to work on your reading comprehension. You have issues with this in other threads too.

Help the thread out - post results of the new quests themselves. Post all of the low level dailies, and how much money you can make in a day/hour doing the dailies.

In other words - Prove your point or just stop.

Prove your point or stop QQing :)

You haven't provided one shred of evidence that this will hurt the "casual players who just log and grind" (what they don't do quests either?) You've criticized the nerf without examining the boost to the quests and the new dailys (omg you mean a quest YOU CAN DO MORE THAN ONCE?!)

We're not saying you're necessarily wrong, we're just saying people need to actually try it before causing a ****storm about things they don't know :).

You're actually right in a lot that you say, back in the day DQ was the way to make money; thank you, I was there too. I got into the level 80s before bh was even introduced, I remember zhen squads with the pirates for DQ, and water parties. The rewards were absolute **** compared to the drops from mobs. But the fact is, quests have changed, there are dailies introduced now. Hell 60+ chars get a free mp/hp charm EVERY DAY.

I'm not short-sighted or narrow-minded, when I make mistakes I admit them. You're just too busy being an *** to every poster you reply to to notice :).

Edit: This is my last post in this thread, due per Kris' request. I didn't want type this one but I couldn't help myself. I suggest you do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If this thread is getting closely looked at I'd like to express my disappointment that delta coins have been removed.

As a sage axe only BM, I won't find Nirv squads. I can't really solo many things efficiently. I have basically only BH to make me some money, and that goes towards repairs and charms, so none of it really goes to improving my gear. So to make money I spammed full delta. It's what I do best as an axe BM, and people love taking me because I know how it's done, with me in squad and a decently geared seeker, we don't even need a barb for a full spawn point.

But now I can't get money from delta, just the tome frags. Let's be honest, when you're pulling, those tome frags are mostly going to your repair bill...So now I'll walk away with such a small margin of profit, the only reason I see to do delta now is to get enough tome fragments to make your tome, which I have enough for, or to finish culti...So then what do I do now?

Coin nerf would be disappointing but tolerable, but to remove it entirely...That's the ONE thing I dislike about this expansion strongly enough to voice...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    - Faction Base Mob quest has been moved to Morai.

I did faction base quest yesterday and today and its still down in Deserted Sea area.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Quests to teleport into locations such as morai, or the meditation realm take like thirty seconds to finish teleporting

Works fine for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I did faction base quest yesterday and today and its still down in Deserted Sea area.

Did mine yesterday and it took me to Morai. If the quests are different for players it would be safe to assume that it varies according to level or it's completely random, it's possible that the mob quest could be influence by the base level now as well.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Did mine yesterday and it took me to Morai. If the quests are different for players it would be safe to assume that it varies according to level or it's completely random, it's possible that the mob quest could be influence by the base level now as well.

I believe it is base level from personal experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well idk about everyone else but heres how it is for me.

I grind dqs each day (that im able) to get coin for cube. I also grind the coin i need to do cs, tping about, repairs, ammo, ect.. The dqs i grind daily (atm) aren't affected, but i do see in the future they very possible will be.
    I dont solo TT for mirages. (mats are rather worthless)
    I dont solo/duo or cant even get an inv to nirva due to not having 'nirva toons'. (you know the drill, 5 aps (sin or bm) +10-12 or gtfo)
    I wont make a toon i do not like playing just to get into an instance.(sin) Why should i be required to play something i do not like? then it isnt a game for fun anymore.

So at end game, that really doesn't leave alot of options for making coin.
    I have r8 +10 bow on my main. I farmed dqs to get that bow to +10.
    At the arch event i can make 6-7 mill just in dq drops. I used the same method leveling up. If i wanted something, i grinded dqs and I bought it. If I want gold, i grind dqs and buy it. No my method isnt the fastest in the game to make coin. But, it fits MY playstyle. Im sure there are alot more than me with the same playstyle, and like to farm for their items and gears. Removing the biggest/easiest way to get them is a bad decision.
    Seriously, does anyone think the 'quest rewards' are enough to buy even 1 or 2 gold? How about a mount? Or a faster flyer? maybe an odd piece of fashion? No ofc not. How does anyone expect the lower levels to save up and get anything in game as a f2p player?

Remember who buys all that gold listed in the AH, it isn't cashshoppers, its the f2p base, and once they leave the game because they cant make any progress and are stuck walking and flying about on the free lv 30 slow flyer at level 80, there will be noone to buy that gold.

After 4 yrs of playing and hearing all "o the game is dying" ect ect, i do fell like this could be the death toll for the game if it isnt changed.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a level 60 on a new servers and I try to farm mats to get my crafts skills level 4, it's totally a pain, 2 days ago i was farming concentred glue and silk thread and the dq was giving money so at the end I had a bit more money than before I started, I did the same yesterday I finished with less money than I had before start...

Mats for the craft skills level 4 drop really low (2 rough fur in 1 hour zzz...) and since it's to craft the 2 stars items I wont be able to sell the items cause need for the quest.

If they want to put it lower price ok, but seriously one coin is ridiculous. People now farm arrows cause that give more money....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited November 2012

I have the quests Hammer Bats, and Fire Eaters as base quest.
    Both are in morai
  • KensyFae - Dreamweaver
    KensyFae - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i cant get on the damn game no matter what i do and its really pissing me off i wish they would taker expansion out or fix it so it updates properly cause mine wont work..i uninstalled game and tryed reinstallign it and now it wont even instaqll it i get stupid error about firewall so i turned it off and smae prob so yea not very impressed with the expansion ****
    edited November 2012
    Well idk about everyone else but heres how it is for me.

I grind dqs each day (that im able) to get coin for cube. I also grind the coin i need to do cs, tping about, repairs, ammo, ect.. The dqs i grind daily (atm) aren't affected, but i do see in the future they very possible will be.
    I dont solo TT for mirages. (mats are rather worthless)
    I dont solo/duo or cant even get an inv to nirva due to not having 'nirva toons'. (you know the drill, 5 aps (sin or bm) +10-12 or gtfo)
    I wont make a toon i do not like playing just to get into an instance.(sin) Why should i be required to play something i do not like? then it isnt a game for fun anymore.

So at end game, that really doesn't leave alot of options for making coin.
    I have r8 +10 bow on my main. I farmed dqs to get that bow to +10.
    At the arch event i can make 6-7 mill just in dq drops. I used the same method leveling up. If i wanted something, i grinded dqs and I bought it. If I want gold, i grind dqs and buy it. No my method isnt the fastest in the game to make coin. But, it fits MY playstyle. Im sure there are alot more than me with the same playstyle, and like to farm for their items and gears. Removing the biggest/easiest way to get them is a bad decision.
    Seriously, does anyone think the 'quest rewards' are enough to buy even 1 or 2 gold? How about a mount? Or a faster flyer? maybe an odd piece of fashion? No ofc not. How does anyone expect the lower levels to save up and get anything in game as a f2p player?

Remember who buys all that gold listed in the AH, it isn't cashshoppers, its the f2p base, and once they leave the game because they cant make any progress and are stuck walking and flying about on the free lv 30 slow flyer at level 80, there will be noone to buy that gold.

After 4 yrs of playing and hearing all "o the game is dying" ect ect, i do fell like this could be the death toll for the game if it isnt changed.

Someone needs to read closer
    Only DQ71 and lower have been droped in price. Lvl 100 + can still farm DQ just fine
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know if it matters much but here's a few minor details that I noticed:

-Venomancer skill Feral Concetration still shows 3 second channeling but now it's 1 second (or so).

-Venomancer skill Demon Frost Scarab doesn't include in the description anymore that if Frostbite occurs it also freezes the enemy for 3 seconds. It was previously included in the description but it was replaced by "Frostbite reduced to 3 second, speed reduction increased to 70%". The skill still freezes but it's no longer in the description. Should be updated to avoid confusion.

-Arcane Antinomy and Frossilized Curse on the Venomancer skill tree needs a description update as well.

- Mysterious Old Man is now in every major city, not just Archosaur (in case nobody mentioned it yet).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only DQ71 and lower have been droped in price. Lvl 100 + can still farm DQ just fine

Yes, someone needs to read closer.

I grind dqs each day (that im able) to get coin for cube. I also grind the coin i need to do cs, tping about, repairs, ammo, ect..The dqs i grind daily (atm) aren't affected, but i do see in the future they very possible will be.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Level 100+ have a lot of other stuff they can farm, level 50-90 doesn't have a lot to farm beside DQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
This discussion has been closed.