Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Updated...

This is quite a mess we have here D:

(Also changed to white font, killed me to do so :3)
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mysterious old Man is actually near every teleporter in the big citys.
    So just like BH now
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would argue that the removal of the Morei wine should be in the Negative, vs Neutral section, unless the Nation War Supply tokens are going to be tradeable, and thereby something non-participants can purchase from other players. Otherwise, to access the new 'potions' that seem to have replaced it, requires participation in something not everyone will be able to attend.
  • Extrii - Archosaur
    Extrii - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seeker skills; Rock-Splitting Cleave and Staggering Strike were supposed to be updated to 20m range (It also says 20m in the text).

I tested both skills for their range, comparing them to both, Battousai and Ion Spike (two of our other 20m range skills) and my character stepped forward about 1m to use Rock-Splitting Cleave and Staggering Strike after using Battousai or Ion Spike. This means that either Battousai and Ion Spike are actually 21m range (Doubtful), or Rock-Splitting Cleave and Staggering Strike have only been increased to about 19m range. Either way they are all supposed to be 20m range and have about 1m difference from each other.
    Intelligence is understanding, not knowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Frost Arrow seems to have a sparklier animation too. b:chuckle

And I can multiclient just fine. Just run the exe twice or pin the client to your taskbar. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • /Amethyst/ - Raging Tide
    /Amethyst/ - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »

Negative:
    - Higher lv DQ nurfed - (edit: DQ71 and below are 1 coin (DQ81+ unaffected))

They are 1 coin forever, or return to normal?
    b:sad
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val
    They are 1 coin forever, or return to normal?
    b:sad

Hopefully temporary.
  • AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide
    AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jhcyp wrote: »
    Ast pls tell me this is not a troll b:victory pls let it be :D (<at work cant actually check it out till in the next 5h qq)

It's not a troll. And if you find the item you're suppose to farm in hell or can read the pop up, completely, after talking to the herb gather @ DW port please share the infob:cry
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Gonna go piece by piece of what I know so far and make comments worthwhile...hopefully.
    - People not able to patch (false positive issue)
    Turn off firewall/antivirus or reinstall and it works fine. My second computer I had to reinstall on, then it was blocked by those, and everything works fine now. My second computer is a POS and everything works smoothly.

From a tech support experienced level with this - a lot of people will say blah, I did X, when they really didn't.
    - Coin reward removed from delta.
    100% confirmed.
    - Auto-Pot/Potion feature (will be looked at in another patch)
    Add in the RoR shards to this too. It is assumed both are CS items, however mentioning them in the patch as if they were live is a mistake.
    - Seeker's Heartseeker skill does not freeze proc every single time like it's suppose to now. It still get's bugged when using a stance. (?)
    - BM skill Reckless Rush is not 90 second cool down like the update said. It still remains at 120 seconds. (?)

(Add the distance change for seekers as well, and the tooltip of Flash)

If these are not confirmed by multiple people tonight Ill test with some friends. I have every morai skill except flame tsunami, Ill put em through the wringer. I think I know two people with Flame Tsunami I can force to help if so.

- Nirvana mats from supply tokens (What?!)

Remove this until someone explains this. Really, they were supposed to be a reward mat, however we don't know how easy the mats are gonna be to obtain so this is just QQ instead of an actual issue.
    - Quests to teleport into locations such as morai, or the meditation realm take like thirty seconds to finish teleporting
    This is lag related, I got in and out at the same time as normal. This is like complaining there's lag time to get into Nirvana, or for bosses to spawn after initiating the quest when theres zillions of people in Nirvana.

- Morai Wine removed (Edit: it has been replaced with the wine at the forge, which is a different wine entirely)
    This needs to go into the negative. This was not mentioned in the patch notes along with it being a negative impact.
    - You can do full jumps and double jumps in the Realm of Reflection.
    Sigh...this was mentioned in the patch notes. Get rid of this.
    - Extra HP rewarded from having 2 pieces of Recast R8 armor. (Went from 900 hp bonus to 1200 hp bonus)
    Confirmed all around the board, the set got a bonus HP value. I'll hit up a friend of mine with a full set to see if any other values changed unless someone else can confirm.

These were rumored:
    5. Rank 8 Recast armor set bonus changes

- all rank 8 recast set 4 piece bonus change from 8 att lvl to 12

- arcane 3 piece bonus change from -3 channeling to -6

- archer 3 piece bonus change from 5 def lvl to 8 def lvl

Actually, heres some old china patch notes loosely translated:
    oct update

1. base quest the question one and the digging one will fail once you leave the base
    2. if you dc or leave the base during trial the quest will fail and u will not get rewards
    3. the base pots will be able to stack now
    4. increase the number of world quest npc, the exp at the end also increased
    5. added new base LA helm
    6. lvl 100 to 105 crazy stone quest will give an option to turn in lvl 5, will give an pack contain 10k to 10 mil exp randomly + 82k coins
    7.warsong belt now will be given an option to keep the refine when making g15 16
    8. auction npc banker etc been added into the reflection area
    9.tw time changed to saturday monday and tuesday tw reward changed to lvl 1 land 300 mirage and 30 mil, lvl 2 land 200 mirage and 20 mil, lvl 3 land 150 mirage and 15 mil
    10. the server vs server war will be on sat and sun 8:20 to 10:20 pm
    11. r9 s3 weapon att lvl changed from 50 ~ 65 to 55~65 randomly

In another patch note it was mentioned that RB rewards would be decreased/removed. Just cant find the post cause we redid my factions forums.

Lots of the rest of your notes was mentioned in the patch notes. For the sake of being concise Id suggest removing all of the stuff that was in the patch notes.

You also could add in details about the warsong boss changes. I dunno if anyone has done lunar and seen a change (I avoid it like the plague).

Add in that the warsong mats for the belts were changed too.

Thank you for doing this, I was debating doing it last night too, until RL got in the way.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for looking through it and coming up with this, I'll try and edit as appropriate :3.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NPCs (tailor, craftsman, apo, backsmith, jewelcraftman) have been added to oht.
    OMG best change ever! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OMG best change ever! b:thanks

Now if they'd only add auctioneers to heaven/hell/morai b:sweat

And hasn't the apothecary always been there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danaya123
    danaya123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Positive:the new loading screens are so coolb:thanks
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now if they'd only add auctioneers to heaven/hell/morai b:sweat

And hasn't the apothecary always been there?

Yes, apothecary was the only npc there to sell items to.
    edited November 2012
    Yes, apothecary was the only npc there to sell items to.

No, it was a merchant in OHT
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited November 2012
    On the DQ price nerf, please add that the increased reward for quests compensates this
    (sorry for the repost)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the DQ price nerf, please add that the increased reward for quests compensates this
    (sorry for the repost)

No... no it does not.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    No... no it does not.

lmao, a guildmate of mine made 2-3 mil off of quest rewards alone with the new quests, not including any drops since he was higher level. I've played back through the lower level quests with a new character recently and ended up with x3 the coin I used to have at lvl 30.

The DQ nerf is fine. Only thing it hurts is people who grind mobs for coins, not questers. And honestly, grinding really just isn't the way to make money anymore. Items with a set price (like DQ) will never catch up with dynamically priced items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    No... no it does not.

Care to share your numbers where you calculated it?
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    lmao, a guildmate of mine made 2-3 mil off of quest rewards alone with the new quests, not including any drops since he was higher level. I've played back through the lower level quests with a new character recently and ended up with x3 the coin I used to have at lvl 30.

The DQ nerf is fine. Only thing it hurts is people who grind mobs for coins, not questers. And honestly, grinding really just isn't the way to make money anymore. Items with a set price (like DQ) will never catch up with dynamically priced items.

Well, it did help and there is really no need for that nurf here.
    (can we agree on that?)
  • danaya123
    edited November 2012
    Its simple Sirrobert, you can do these quests...only once. And they are gone no more money from them.b:surrender
    edited November 2012
    danaya123 wrote: »
    Its simople Sirrobert, you can do these quests...only once. And they are gone no more money from them.b:surrender

And by the time you are done with them, you are higher level. And have new quests
    (can we agree on that?)

Yes I agree that the nurf is abit much, but with the quest buf it really isn't as bad as people make it seem
  • danaya123
    edited November 2012
    And by the time you are done with them, you are higher level. And have new quests
    Yeah and lvl 1 skills and npc armor cuz the quest one is already expiredb:laugh
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No, it was a merchant in OHT

Hmm, could have sworn it was an apo, either way there was only 1 of the npc`s.
    edited November 2012
    Yeah and lvl 1 skills and npc armor cuz the quest one is already expiredb:laugh

At lvl 70, just check the AH for good drops, or pick up what droped for you during questing. There is a LOT of good cheap gear for those levels
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    (can we agree on that?)

I'm not really trying to start an arguement, but it's just frustrating me that so many people are up in arms over this small (imo) change. And I can guarantee that 90% of the people who are complaining haven't even tried the new quests or dailies. Too many of us are stuck on thinking the quest rewards are as **** as they were when we were leveling ourselves, when that's no longer the case.

Alas, I better stop arguing over this before a mob comes in here and burns me at the stake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danaya123
    edited November 2012
    All you ppl that keep saying quest rewards compensate it ,may be you are right but you cant understand 1 thing:) Many of us just like ...to grind...for coins sometimes b:chuckle
    I personaly have 56 lvl alt that im using to farm compound oil sometimes,and the extra coins from dq items was just sweet extra profit for me:) Well thats in history now...
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    All you ppl that keep saying quest rewards compensate it ,may be you are right but you cant understand 1 thing:) Many of us just like ...to grind...for coins sometimes b:chuckle

That's fine, just don't expect PW to cater to your specific playstyle, especially when they gain nothing from doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Positive:
    - "Available Quests" option has been added to the quest tracker

Should be moved to the negative list.
    #1. It is an absolute pain to try to move it around on the screen.
    #2. It cuts down on visual and play area on screen even more so. Now you have to open the "Quest (Default Q)" screen to "hide" it if that additional screen area is needed.
    #3. Unless you have the right scenery, it is extremely hard to read due to the white and yellow type.
    #4. If your quest requires the collection of items from killed mobs, you still have to open the "Quest (Default Q)" screen to see what mobs are needed, thereby making the new "Available Quests" redundant.

PLUS: After all these patches in the last couple of years---

Why do we still have an annoying flashing Encyclopedia icon? Players asked a long time ago to have that flashing stopped. Keep the icon, stop it from flashing.
    Why do we still have that annoying pop-up screen whenever a World Horn is fired off. A screen that interferes with game play of every other player on the server with the exception of the one using the horn.?
    Why do we still have that annoying Auto-Path slider that needs to be adjusted every single time one takes to flight, specially when working quests with multiple landings like WQ. when the old one had the flight height preset on it and all it took was a single mouse click to get to that height?
    edited November 2012
    I personaly have 56 lvl alt that im using to farm compound oil sometimes,and the extra coins from dq items are just sweet extra money for me:) Well thats in history now...

And you still can. Pick up the gear, coins, farm herbs. You'll make money, Grab a kill quest while you're at it, for extra money
This discussion has been closed.