DQ Items worthless

Comments

• SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wonder if pwi is gonna issue I.O.Us to people xD
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val

surprising means you knew about it ahead of time and didn't say anything on purpose until it happened to avoid a mass infliction of what is going on now to make this update seem good when you KNEW this was in the update. And why is it not listed in cabbage notes? Because 1/2 of us would of never downloaded it.
  • Ghymini - Dreamweaver
    Ghymini - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Others have said it far more eloquently or verbosely than me but that's it. I'm done for now. There's only so much **** a person can take from a game they enjoy and the DQ items being nerfed was the last straw for me.

My friends and I are out until this issue is resolved. Goodbye for now, PWI, it was a mostly fun three years.
  • santabb
    santabb Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The lowering of DQ will just put off any brand-new players that not have a friend or willing to use their credit-card for the first 80lvls....which I am rather sure is pretty slim of anyone new doing that if they see the developers treating new-joins like that.

Only logical explanation is to turn off people from botting which if it was....was carried out severely in the most ILLOGICAL way imaginable. The botters use sins and bm's to aps grind at 80+ lvl mobs and bot well into the lvl 104+ mobs. They should allocate more time for GM's to take action like originally was done when server was a few months old and not try to fix the issue via lowering coins. ...it's not hard to see doing this the 1st time stopped anything but allow the higher lvl botters that already made their coin to be able to bot the higher lvl mobs...which they are still unaffected to any of this.

I had some friends come and try out the game and liked it even tho it wasn't he most advanced game graphically these days but the botting issue they not bothered playing since they figured if the GM's of a game let botters bot then they don't have the actual players back...I am beginning to wonder about it now. ...guess they not mind keeping the present CashShoppers or something since they aren't attracting any new players this way, that's for sure.

...also why not upgrade/tweak any of the fox-veno skills. ...or atleast let Bramble work in Open pvp again like it originally did atleast if a whole class is left half untouched.
  • LaPetiteMort - Dreamweaver
    LaPetiteMort - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i was also on the rewards page checking recent dq vendor and waited over 3 hours and yet to see and inc increase to my reward points
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Firstly, why do people blame pwi/pwe, its China's fault, secondly, why do half of you act like 'quitting for a while' will have any effect? PWE has made millions from PWI, probably enough to run it for 10 years without a single person buying gold. Just get use to the surprises and ****-ups and enjoy the game. Oh, hey! crazy idea! explore and find a new source of income other than DQ items! they aren't the only thing to make money off of.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    condo2009 wrote: »
    surprising means you knew about it ahead of time and didn't say anything on purpose until it happened to avoid a mass infliction of what is going on now to make this update seem good when you KNEW this was in the update. And why is it not listed in cabbage notes? Because 1/2 of us would of never downloaded it.

First of all, chill. He had the information presented to him as them dropping the amount of coins gained from DQ drops due to the amount of added quests in which a player could gain money.

Also, he has nothing to do with the patch notes. More often than not, they get the patch notes sent to them and just post them up just as they were. China wouldn't have wanted to call attention to the change, and so didn't include it in their notes. That's why it wasn't in ours.

Even then, it doesn't matter if you download the patch or not. The change would have still been there, you just wouldn't have been able to play.

Makes sense... not.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also, I could be complaining about the fact that I have to redownload pwi because I mucked up my patching but blame it on the patch itself for no reason, but I'm not. I mucked up and now I have to redownload b:bye
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

In JD, a daily got "fixed" to whatever china has it set to. There was a pretty nasty backlash. The response was to undo the change while keeping china's the same. The daily was called Vile Spirits. You could probably ask trailturtle about it.

It might be a wise idea to setup something similar here.

I have to echo what many have already said. I was thinking of returning to the game with the expansion as well as potentially bringing a friend along. Any plans on that has been put on hold. I was having enough coin issues as is. This pushes it too far.
  • PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most importantly though... this just highlights the #1 problem I spoke of in my PM. We need dialogue with the devs. There is utterly no reason why every ridiculous change that befalls the Chinese servers must make it to ours. Don't get me wrong, I love the DQ points system, but it only barely compensated for the original 20% price nerf. And unfortunately, this change is not something that PWE can slap a band-aid solution on and pretend that it makes up for the nearly-complete loss of coin income a person below level 80 receives. And the devs' apparent solution isn't much better, because 20-30k from one of the few new quests is a drop in the bucket.

I think they already slap that band-aid on since the Nation War allow lvl 60 to enter
    and one Supply Token can get you One Rap
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just linked back to this thread from another on the same thing, where they were saying, nvm, it's only 21-31 items being nerfed...
    Also was GMs in that thread saying, ''If you see botters send a screenie in a ticket'' (I'm paraphrasing). To this I say, why? I have done this before, and I still see the same botter, they only moved when I rpked their stupid bot all one day. They never got banned, now they are higher lvl, but still botting in a different area, where dq still worth coins. +1 to the poster that said GM should be more aggressive enforcing ToS, if only.
    My guess is they just don't have the personnel to do it, the cs argument holds little water; if you're charging large amounts of zen, why would you bother to bot? They could likely solve this issue by recruiting a number of volunteer mods, it surely can't be beyond the wit of man to organise such a system. I'd donate some of my time gladly to help make the game better for genuine players, and I'm sure many others would also.
    Making it so hard for lower level players to grind coin is just undermining your future player base, if they don't stay and get higher level and start to charge zen, revenues will slowly dwindle as other cs using players leave in the normal way of things. But then you already know this... b:shutup
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The last time I saw a botter, it was in Hell; I was farming herbs and thought to myself "O.o is that a bot?"
    So I watched for a while, whispered them if they wanted my super-helpful awesome buffs, said hello n such, and got no response.
    So then, as I'm on a PvE server and couldn't pk them, I did all I could do to kill every mob in the area near them to push them into a dead-zone where there would be no mobs near them to stop the bot, and it worked! I managed to stop the bot, but when I checked back later, of course, they started again.
    So this time I didn't leave, I kept killing everything near them possible, and even attacking their own mob. It was double drops, and I really don't mind grinding, so it still benefited me somewhat. I figured, if this person was a real player, they would pretty quickly respond to my behaviors. After I don't even know how long, too long for it to have been a real player, they finally responded and flew away after I called them on being a bot.
    I didn't bother reporting them, because it's clear that we have no GMs. NOPE! No GMs.

The point here is, the bots are botting in the high level places, the places where now the dq is the last that is worth anything.
    So you know what will be happening soon.
    Nope, not bot bans... all dq will be worth 1 coin.

I'm really glad I'm not a new player, that's all I have to say.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The last time I saw a botter, it was in Hell; I was farming herbs and thought to myself "O.o is that a bot?"
    So I watched for a while, whispered them if they wanted my super-helpful awesome buffs, said hello n such, and got no response.
    So then, as I'm on a PvE server and couldn't pk them, I did all I could do to kill every mob in the area near them to push them into a dead-zone where there would be no mobs near them to stop the bot, and it worked! I managed to stop the bot, but when I checked back later, of course, they started again.
    So this time I didn't leave, I kept killing everything near them possible, and even attacking their own mob. It was double drops, and I really don't mind grinding, so it still benefited me somewhat. I figured, if this person was a real player, they would pretty quickly respond to my behaviors. After I don't even know how long, too long for it to have been a real player, they finally responded and flew away after I called them on being a bot.
    I didn't bother reporting them, because it's clear that we have no GMs. NOPE! No GMs.

The point here is, the bots are botting in the high level places, the places where now the dq is the last that is worth anything.

Yeah, finding more than one botter in a group is extremely rare here. CN needs to learn that.

<_< Although when you see what they have to deal with...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The few bots i saw in the past was around GBQ place and now there's no more GBQ there bots will be able to in peace without be report while new/low level players make less money. Thank PWI for that.

Edit: I'll add that today I was farming (well trying) rough fur to try to get my level 4 bs/tailor/craft in one hour I get about 2 rough fur and the thing that was giving me the most money was the arrow and low level pots (and maybe 3-4 pieces of gears), but I finished with less money than I had at the start cause of the cost of the repair and the pots i needed.

So yes for someone that only quest for level up, they have no problem, but for the low level people farming a particular item as rough fur for get the level 4 craft/bs/tailor we don't get money for that cause it's not a quest so the only money we get it's the arrow, few pots and 3-4 piece of armor that the mobs drop we get, but that don't cover the cost of the repairs and pots we need for farm the item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • LemuelSaadya - Dreamweaver
    LemuelSaadya - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree, the DQ drops need to get their original values back. We clearly don't have the bot problems that the china servers do, and why can't the staff just ban them when they find them? They have enough coordination to continually find new ways to drive us to CS, they can put some of that effort toward making the game better. Unless I can find a way to make some real coin and not drain my actual bank account, I have about zero motivation to play. That means no more CSing at all! Pay attention to your players, PWI.
  • fesselelf
    fesselelf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I play a Barb on the euopean server Momaganon. When i farm or need to kill mops for a quest, in need a lot of healing pots. Now i can't buy them.
    Goodby PWI - i am looking for another game now.
  • xalyxx
    xalyxx Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nice... they just killed the game because it will be hard for new players
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xalyxx wrote: »
    nice... they just killed the game because it will be hard for new players

yep...sure does suck b:shocked
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xalyxx wrote: »
    nice... they just killed the game because it will be pointless for new players

fixed
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012

submitting tickets here never works, i tried that a few times with bots and the only ones that i actually stopped seeing were the ones i called out here on the forums. naming and shaming not allowed but its the only way any gm is ever going to know about any bot
  • lwolfownzl
    lwolfownzl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so they take away non cash players way to earn coin, then reward the ones that glitched goons to 105, and give cash players even more epic gear to walk over those that don't spend thousands into the game. way to **** up what use to be a good gameb:victory

taking my ball and going home **** on PWI they can keep this BS game
  • deviant79
    deviant79 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They're not going to do anything about this.
    They just destroyed a good game.
    I started a protest thread on the dq price drops and it got deleted almost instantly
    before it got noticed by the community and and others were able to join. Im honestly surprised i didnt get muted or banned from the forum again. This is complete BS>>>.....
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    deviant79 wrote: »
    All in favor please make your opinion known.
    This is wrong on so many levels especially for low level players trying to advance.
    Maybe if enough of us add to this protest and voice our opinions they will right their wrong.

<----Protester #1
    Bad idea PWI please put prices back. This is going to make lots of people lose interest in the game..
    This was my PWI means of life. Now I'm at an utter loss for what to do and dont really want to play anymore.
    deviant79 wrote: »
    They're not going to do anything about this.
    They just destroyed a good game.
    I started a protest thread on the dq price drops and it got deleted almost instantly
    before it got noticed by the community and and others were able to join. Im honestly surprised i didnt get muted or banned from the forum again. This is complete BS>>>.....

Your thread was not deleted. All of the numerous topics on this issue were simply condensed into one. The sirens of war expansion brought along a lot of changes that many players did not find desirable (including myself). The only way to make sure everyone's voice is heard is to make sure all the issues are condensed into one thread for each issue. That way something like the dq item problem isn't bumped off the page because people want to make 10 threads about the TW time problem. Even still they take up quite a number of topics. If you would like an overview of all the changes, there was even a sticky created by Krisnda that details all of them. Even the negative ones. That you can also use to discuss things.

b:thanks

::gives cookies to everyone while we wait::

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They have never cared about making a game fun
    They had. 4 years ago.
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, my question is, why don't the GMs actually ban the botters?

the ones on LC server are all in 100+ areas, just a few at 5x to farm leather...
    anyway, I have reported them !repeatedly!, yet those same people have been botting in the same area around Deserted Sea for months, literally...

I have killed them many times, but there is not even point in that, since the program they use just sends them to town and then back to spot...

so... WHERE ARE THEM GMS?! and what are they doing...? ocassional saying bs on system chat is probably not what they are supposed to do >_>
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think you are missing the point ._.
    they are not talking about merchanting b:shutup
  • Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide
    Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am wondering how this will affect gold prices. Thats a lot of coin that won't be generated. Is it possible that the prices will go down?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Anthea_ - Harshlands
    _Anthea_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What a shame that there was no warning of this, shouldn't it be more organized, even if it is a copy and pasted version from the Chinese version? I feel like it's a really unprofessional mistake. I refer to it as a mistake, because that's what it better be! I just came back to the game and I enjoy grinding on my level 85 psychic and I enjoy completing quests.
  • LikitySplitz - Dreamweaver
    LikitySplitz - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would it honestly do any good to just moan about it on the forums? Can we do a petition or something to show them our dissatisfaction as PWI players? Something needs to be done about this, we can only tolerate being pushed into the corners of cashshopping for so long. There's gotta be something we can do to actually get pwi's attention and fix this rite? D:
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately, I have found that in most MMOs I have played where botting became a problem, instead of banning those who run bot programs, they nerf the item/mobs people are botting, and in turn, hurt those that are innocent.

The only exception I have seen to this, was the first MMO I played way back in 1999. For 8 years of playing, whenever I was in a dungeon where someone was botting for XP, within a day or two, a GM would show up, and viola, the botter went *poof*. Most of the time, they would show up at least once a day. The GMs would rotate around certain high bot problem areas, and it was mandatory that if they messaged you, you had a few seconds to respond, or you were kicked. First time kicked, it was a week ban. Second time it was a month. Third time it was permanent, but that actually requires GMs to be in the game.

Now, what gets me, is that was a P2P game, which all things considered, is, as a whole, much cheaper to play than a game like this, where to be competitive, you either have to be a CSer and spend a messload of cash, or dependent on GMs to handle botters that get ahead by breaking the ToS, so that you can make some amount of coin from sitting at your PC grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
This discussion has been closed.