New Warsong Final Boss

Hojuken - Heavens Tear
Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
So... did anybody figure out what they want us to do? Or what to kill?

We kinda failed. :p
there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
Post edited by Hojuken - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patch notes just said they increased their damage.
    Warsong City / Lunar Glade: enemy damage has been reduced, while boss damage has been increased.
    - Warsong City now has 2 new upgrades for the final elemental and protection belts, as well as, a new way to create the initial belts.
    - These belts are now bound, but account stashable.
  • IllumiZoldyk - Sanctuary
    IllumiZoldyk - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So... did anybody figure out what they want us to do? Or what to kill?

We kinda failed. :p

If you're talking about the Incarcerate, basically what you need to do is take out the adds as quick as possible. If I'm not mistaking then the every 20% he spawns one of his minions (which are the pavillion bosses but weaker), having a BM with demon Roar of the Pride would be good due to the stun that never misses. Take down the add quick before the boss obtains a 'bonus' like the power to purge, seal, going frenzy etc. (If someone could describe the precise bonus per add that would be great) Other than that I'd recommend bringing a Veno to purge the boss if need be since once he goes Frenzy after he purged everyone... yeah, that's kinda gonna hurt.

Long story short, have 1 person tank the boss (Sin, BM, Barb), once adds spawn Stun and destroy, focus back on boss and repeat process per Add-on.

This should pretty much do the trick... the Vile version of this boss is very easy.

Good luck buddy o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They call me Mr. Flintstone, I can make your bed rock.
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    No no, they changed the final boss.

You now get red text popping up telling you that a 60-second countdown has started and you need to kill 3 "different incarcerations".. or whatever.

Either way after 60 seconds the boss disappeared and we didn't get jack.

Was wondering if anyone figured out how to do that yet. Going on second run now to see if we can figure it out. \o
    edited November 2012
    No no, they changed the final boss.

You now get red text popping up telling you that a 60-second countdown has started and you need to kill 3 "different incarcerations".. or whatever.

Either way after 60 seconds the boss disappeared and we didn't get jack.

Was wondering if anyone figured out how to do that yet. Going on second run now to see if we can figure it out. \o

O-o dafuq ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    O-o dafuq ?

That's what we said just before the boss disappeared.

Basically what happens is:

- 60 second countdown message pops up in red
    - 3 mobs called "105" spawn
    - Every 20 seconds you get the red message again and the 3 mobs pop up again

Now either we killed them too fast, or too slow, or the wrong mob, or you only need to kill one of them, or IDFK.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Erm...wow? what? lol
    If you figure out something please let us know.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited November 2012

Now either we killed them too fast, or too slow, or the wrong mob, or you only need to kill one of them, or IDFK.

I am gonna try this myself when the patch is finally downloaded, thanks for the heads up Hojuken, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what the heck is going on lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012

God damn it I shoulda taken a vacation day. I love figuring this **** out.

The damage change - is it noticeable and will Metal boss be wiping out the squads of our lovely undergeared TT80/90 +2 people on our server?

Good luck with the puzzle Hoju & crew.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am gonna try this myself when the patch is finally downloaded, thanks for the heads up Hojuken, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what the heck is going on lol.

You should take me with you! I'm curious to find out what's up with the boss b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • FaIIyn - Lost City
    FaIIyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Glad i have multiple sets of molds already. Although might make it fun since it wont be so easy anymore. I think it is a good thing to buff the bosses since all the fails will have to get some gear now to do their BH.
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    God damn it I shoulda taken a vacation day. I love figuring this **** out.

The damage change - is it noticeable and will Metal boss be wiping out the squads of our lovely undergeared TT80/90 +2 people on our server?

Good luck with the puzzle Hoju & crew.

I'm not sure, our squad was pretty OP so every boss died within one HF.

The mobs themselves don't hit as hard as they used to, and die faster. But the bosses.. I'm not sure.

It's really the last boss that's a pain. Oh well defending done, will update in 30 min.
    edited November 2012
    You should take me with you! I'm curious to find out what's up with the boss b:chuckle

Sure thing hun, I'll hit you up in game :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Wasn't as hard as i thought it would be..

This is what pops up: http://i49.tinypic.com/303l5hc.jpg

This message will pop up 3 times every 20 seconds, after it pops up 3 times the boss will disappear, UNLESS you kill the three "105" mobs within a few seconds.

All we did was kill them all at the same time, and we got a new message saying "The Incarcerate is here, kill him!" and we were fine.

I guess we merely didn't kill them fast enough the first time around.
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So like, the first run we did the boss just disappeared. Then we did a second run, and we caught some screenshots to try and figure it out. Lets just say... the message we got the first time, did not appear on the second attempt. It said something along the lines of;
    'Kill something after 20seconds, you have a second chance'.

Here are a couple screenshots of what he says during the fight, but it was simple as all hell on the second attempt.

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk387/waydey/2012-11-1504-34-36.png

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk387/waydey/2012-11-1504-34-51.png

Where it says 'kill the three different incarnations', we did this the first time as instructed, however it said you have failed and will be given a second chance. This was where he mentioned killing something 'after 20seconds'. I do not remember the rest of what he said because the writing scrolled too fast. I think it had something to do with how fast the boss was dying, because within a 2 second gap of him saying the above, it scrolled to the next line of text. Just watch out in case it happens, if you get the texts as shown in the picture, you're doing it right! ;3
  • Bindor - Heavens Tear
    Bindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Did the five mini-bosses appear (the ones for the pavilions) or are they now replaced by the three lvl 105 mobs?
  • TrippFlame - Heavens Tear
    TrippFlame - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the info, ill keep this bookmarked for future tips/info.
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Did the five mini-bosses appear (the ones for the pavilions) or are they now replaced by the three lvl 105 mobs?

Mini-bosses still appear same as the old version, the additional three 105 mobs just pop up as well.
  • USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh noessss, GD lost to the PVE again! D=

Good thing it wasnt Harpy this time o/
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mini-bosses still appear same as the old version, the additional three 105 mobs just pop up as well.

/Inb4needseekerforwarsongorelsewon'tdoitbeingstandardinworldchat

QQ, forums made a space where I didn't put.
  • Rophe - Heavens Tear
    Rophe - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh noessss, GD lost to the PVE again! D=

Good thing it wasnt Harpy this time o/

Lol..
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Out of curiosity, what dropped off the final boss? Was it the normal Warsong Waistband Inscriptions or just Warsong Inscriptions? (The latter being bound to account)
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Out of curiosity, what dropped off the final boss? Was it the normal Warsong Waistband Inscriptions or just Warsong Inscriptions? (The latter being bound to account)
    I'm sure it was a sadness card XD..
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yay even more good news, its already very difficult to organize even op squads to kill the mobs fast enough on the final warsong boss, and now they add even more complications! just what we needed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    just to keep people on their toes... the only thing that can come from this is that you would know after a fail run which people not to go back in with xD
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    just to keep people on their toes... the only thing that can come from this is that you would know after a fail run which people not to go back in with xD

so basically my "Do not squad with list" will expand to include the vast majority of the server, YAY!

im being way too sarcastic today, think i might need some more of butters creamy goo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rophe - Heavens Tear
    Rophe - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You get the same drops, but the warsong waistband Inscriptions you now get are not trade-able. They also don't stack with the old ones
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    You get the same drops, but the warsong waistband Inscriptions you now get are not trade-able. They also don't stack with the old ones

oh joy, just as i was saving up for one and was 40% of the way there. the new belts required half the new inscriptions, and 1 less warsoul mat, but now have an added 20mil manufacturing fee. this update keeps delivering great news to me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear
    Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    there are 3 new adds that spawn. 2 look the same one is diffrent. u kill the odd one before the 60 sec timer expires.
    edited November 2012
    so basically my "Do not squad with list" will expand to include the vast majority of the server, YAY!

im being way too sarcastic today, think i might need some more of butters creamy goo
    I have a list too xD

Funny when I get people saying don't squad with "add bad squad member's name here" and I just lol and say I could of told ya that.

There is a ton of players on my server that run bhs and don't do anything. They start by asking for pots, then you notice they are just following the group but not really doing anything and by that I mean they are just on auto follow. I just kick them out if I'm lead or if not I will ask for them to be kicked. This is where you guys on pvp servers have the advantage of dropping out of squad and kill the parasite then ask to join squad again lol
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CROVV - Raging Tide
    CROVV - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone asked - so here's the "old" versus "new" inscriptions. I can also confirm the extra 105 mobs that spawn - but we succeeded first time (even though we were surprised by them).

"Old" Warsong Waistband Inscription
    -tradeable, need 80 for g14 belt

http://i48.tinypic.com/34odl79.jpg

"New" Warsong Inscription
    --not tradeable, binds to account, need 40 for g14 belt

http://i48.tinypic.com/rswwg1.jpg

Just kinda was bad to be a banker and find out these new inscriptions can't be traded.