DQ Items worthless

Comments

• StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Star_Prism@

I found out, after loggin a few lower lvl alts :)

Better patch release notes might be needed :P

Just hopes that Hey You! can the devs working on the dq nerf *fingers crossed*
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    V4l is looking into it, surprised everyone, tons of DQ have been nerfed.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val

well at least 1 GM can answer us...
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The biggest problem will be that the farmers, can no longer afford to buy the gold from the AH the csers supply.... so it affects everyone. If the csers cant sell their gold.. why would they charge more if none is buying it? Its really going to hurt pwis bottom dollar in the long run.
  • vixsoul
    vixsoul Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a life too and i dont have problems with it.

oh please.... anyone NOT having an issue with coin reduction for mob drops has too many credit cards and is already OP so has no effect to them. Unless PW changes the drop rate for gear or other items to npc, there is no viable way for a "normal" (aka minimal or no rl cash spender) to get anywhere in the game. farming mats and herbs? seriously? fly around on a .5 speed flyer (because you theoretically shouldnt have anything else) and digging items hours a day with a respawn rate of 20 mins is just ignorant. Im not going to whine and rage quit, but if something doesnt offset this for my playing/spending style, i'll go ahead and switch to GeeW 2
  • masterreu
    masterreu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ty for saying that...because i do have a job and i work my hours and dont have time or cash to put on the game. I dont get to play while i am at work. And if they dont offset the DQ stuff it is useless for me. I will find another game to play. I will not put real money on this game so that i can have gear. The fun part of the game was grinding and earning your stuff. Now you cant do that because it cost more to grind than what you make. b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val

b:sad Thank you, Val. This change is an outrage. Especially for those of us without a bunch of 100+ chars to farm coin on.
    ~~~

Unlike everyone that says there's no market for DQ so don't worry about it or some such nonsense, **** the market! b:angry 90% of people don't sell DQ to the players, they npc it. Those are little barbs' repair fees! D:< Little clerics' skill funds! Not everyone has a higher level char to just magically get coin with. I understand the CN version is riddled with bots, but we are NOT.

Instead of removing ways to actually get the coin, there needs to be proper coin sinks to remove the coin with some sort of rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wow this is not what i expected when i came on after i got home was all excited and then to find this my ownly source of income in the game is completely goneb:cry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All they had to do was put agro on the Foxwing Supremes and nearly all of the botting at those levels would be wrecked...

New players are generally those who NPC their leathers and glues, never farm herbs and mats and underprice stuff in catshops until they gradually pick up on the basics on their journey through leveling. I know I went through that stage myself when I first started playing. While some might learn fast and manage, this change is going to put a lot of new players off the game unless I'm very much mistaken. In turn this hurts their wallet too, players are more inclined to put money in once they've leveled bit and found the game an enjoyable one long term.

EDIT: Oh btw! Someone do a delta run and check if the shrooms still drop coin. I heard rumors about that one.
  • deviant79
    deviant79 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's a thread about that already. Lots of people are pissed. Here's the link:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1520071

What makes me sad is the last time they changed DQ prices they told us in advance. Didn't mention it this time.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention..

Yeah I bet there are a lot of mad people I'm one of them.
    They need to stop messing with the things that work and are already here and focus on adding, not removing things.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Doing a full delta atm, just finishing W2 at sp. Will update when we are done about the shrooms.
  • deviant79
    edited November 2012
    Wow what a botch move on their part.
    It all comes down to greed and the all mighty dollar.
    Start removing what is helpful to the free players now that pwi has a fan base and drive them to spend real $$ on items. Thats complete BS...

This is going to cause a lot of people to quit if this is something permanent I can pretty much account for myself and about 20 friends being a few of them.

Epic work PWI crew.
    You've found the most direct rout to make a successful game meet an untimely doom.

I will be boycotting the Dq price drop in game and hoping it spreads. One opinion is heard, but many are felt. Get a large enough protest going perhaps they will hear us and make it right.
  • deviant79
    edited November 2012
    All in favor please make your opinion known.
    This is wrong on so many levels especially for low level players trying to advance.
    Maybe if enough of us add to this protest and voice our opinions they will right their wrong.

<----Protester #1
    Bad idea PWI please put prices back. This is going to make lots of people lose interest in the game..
    This was my PWI means of life. Now I'm at an utter loss for what to do and dont really want to play anymore.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

- Val
    Calm down, its being looked into.
    b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • cosmocat1
    cosmocat1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thank pwi for ruining the game for me now. how am i supposed to make any coin if everything is worthless. im not a cash gamer and depend on game coins to try to keep up my gear and skills. youve taken away that option now.
  • deviant79
    edited November 2012
    cosmocat1 wrote: »
    thank pwi for ruining the game for me now. how am i supposed to make any coin if everything is worthless. im not a cash gamer and depend on game coins to try to keep up my gear and skills. youve taken away that option now.

seriously, i agree. I i've only been playing for a week and just figured out dq drops last night thought to myself finally a way to buy the stuff i need. then wake up today to go make some cash and cant.. Now i have no hope of getting anywhere...

Just when I thought I found a game to come home and play after a long day of work leave it to them to **** that up for me.
  • deviant79
    edited November 2012
    Calm down, its being looked into.
    b:lipcurl

Thank you. I've only been playing a week and was just starting to enjoy this game cause I discovered dq drops.. now theres no hope of me ever getting anywhere with my character as I work 2 jobs and dont get to play often.

I apologize i'm just a little livid about this as I was just starting to enjoy the game thinking I finally found an after work game to relax to.. It's just a huge slap in the face....
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They could at least make the expansion title fitting from "sirens of war" to
    "WTF all non-CS stay away from our game"

Seriously, nearly every change they make is to make other people use CS.
    (Changing DQ prices, Possibility to lvl to 30 in a few hours without gaining enough money for skills and ports, being not able to gain any rep in the EG Quest chains etc)

We all know it already, theres no reason to beat about the bush...

I just hope our gms voice will be heard and they will change it again
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • potatostix
    potatostix Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My only means of making coin in game is gone, I depended on drops like Mystical eye and Ghost Charm for enough coin to upgrade my skills now those items are only worth 1 coin. I can't bring myself to sell the ones I have so I will wait and see if it ever gets fixed.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    deviant79 wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention..

Yeah I bet there are a lot of mad people I'm one of them.
    They need to stop messing with the things that work and are already here and focus on adding, not removing things.

A lot of people don't realize this, but our updates are literally translated copy/pastes from the Chinese version. These changes, therefore, are tailored to the Chinese version, where botting is rampant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I've recently rerolled servers so I have no high level toon on that server to get coin on. As anyone with a blademaster can tell you, BM skills are very expensive. To get all the skills costs a lot of coin, and the quests simply do no meet these and gear needs. That's where DQ are supposed to come in. Sure low levels can farm mats and herbs, but obviously not everyone can do it that. In a market there cannot be ONLY sellers, there needs to be buyers too. The main buyers of things like low level mats are other low level crafters. Sure there is also some high levels going back to craft things but those customers are a smaller group. With an over abundance of mats and not enough buyers, you know what's going to happen to that market? It's going to crash. This is a very bad change for many people.

That being said I do think we all need to remain calm until we can here a response from China. Hopefully this issue can be resolved in a speedy manner.

In the meantime, anyone got any good ideas for an adventuring low level? b:pleased

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    I'm moving this to the other DQ thread. Please keep the discussion to the same thread. Thanks. :)

• ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    It's being looked into by the GMs. In the meantime, I'm going to merge this with the other thread on this issue. Thank you. b:thanks

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've recently rerolled servers so I have no high level toon on that server to get coin on. As anyone with a blademaster can tell you, BM skills are very expensive. To get all the skills costs a lot of coin, and the quests simply do no meet these and gear needs. That's where DQ are supposed to come in. Sure low levels can farm mats and herbs, but obviously not everyone can do it that. In a market there cannot be ONLY sellers, there needs to be buyers too. The main buyers of things like low level mats are other low level crafters. Sure there is also some high levels going back to craft things but those customers are a smaller group. With an over abundance of mats and not enough buyers, you know what's going to happen to that market? It's going to crash. This is a very bad change for many people.

That being said I do think we all need to remain calm until we can here a response from China. Hopefully this issue can be resolved in a speedy manner.

In the meantime, anyone got any good ideas for an adventuring low level? b:pleased

Define low level. Cause normally I'd honestly say grind DQ - so now it comes down to what level you are so I can explain what quests you have available.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Define low level. Cause normally I'd honestly say grind DQ - so now it comes down to what level you are so I can explain what quests you have available.

I've already done all my quests. I'm one of those crazy people that fed exp into their genie until they had the proper gear to be a certain level. I've never not had what should be the minimum to do squad play at level. And I can't merchant atm. I was merchanting but then my computer decided to go haywire on me again. One more time after this and they have to give a me a new one.

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    I've already done all my quests.

Again silly, define low level :) Like what level BM, and are you spec'ed out for AOE if you're above 60?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Again silly, define low level :) Like what level BM, and are you spec'ed out for AOE if you're above 60?

I'm not even 60. I'm super duper low level lol. b:chuckle

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    I'm not even 60. I'm super duper low level lol. b:chuckle

Like...level 20? 30? Options change depending on level. Hell if you're still on HT message me tonight when Im on heh.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Like...level 20? 30? Options change depending on level. Hell if you're still on HT message me tonight when Im on heh.

Nah, I'm in the 40s almost 50s range. I know I can do tideborn at level 51 but I usually saved that to 60. Because I dislike waiting to turn in quests/get next part of it. Will probably have to bite the bullet and do that anyway now though. I wanted to get some decent gear and refine it by grinding DQ since the 40+ wasn't supposed to be nerfed. Oh well. There are other things I can do I know, like mat farming. It just isn't a good solution if well all have to do it. Thanks though, I'll try to catch you. b:pleased

• darkmortal665
    darkmortal665 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't care if it's getting looked into or not I'm still PO'd.. literally logged off as soon as I finished BH after realizing to start a thread specifically to protest on this. If this isn't fixed F2P people can't make it for **** on here. How many people would give up and quit on this game because they can't afford anything, then how many others who do pay will quit because of the population depleting. A game is only as fun as it lasts because of the people we involve ourselves with.

Less friends = More boredom = More tempted to find a new game that doesn't get broken because of the issues people face here like this. Granted, a lot of people can't help but QQ because it's not easy enough, everyone's influenced by and only example is everyone else who pays and gets their char up OP quickly and think they have to be able to keep up or it's not good enough. I rarely see anyone else sticking to this as like any other game that's actually longer and harder to level, let alone get the end game equips on there. Trust me in comparison PWI is easy compared to a lot of other games, it's just the simple fact that no one wants to work for their stuff anymore.

I grinded the whole time to prepare for the next 10 lvls. When I finished, I FC'ed for the last levels to reach the next X0, to find better mobs that dropped better DQ's to progress further. Month's on end to get where I am now as a SIN (for the record, at mind I'm an archer. I'm not an arrogant stuck up think I'm the best etc. type. I'm against most other sin's for the same reasons anyone else is {no offense to "all" sin's you'll know who you are}).

My point in that is a sin's very efficient on grinding no pot's needed if decently equipped. Dropped coins cover repair costs and DQ's<= are our profit. I originally made a sin for the very purpose of making money as a F2P user to afford being able to play other chars because even with DQ points it's a hard struggle without cash shopping. As far as one of the best chars to make money on, even it will now become a struggle to manage the costs it takes for progress.

Being looked into or not, I want my opinion, as well as many others who are currently screwed right now or those who care to understand how severe the effects can go on this. Regardless of what they're doing/plan to do about it we want to make sure PWI knows it's a matter that people will be/already are PO'd.

Place your opinion anyway if you feel the need to, as I do for this. To anyone else who just doesn't care as much, and yes I know and admit this is a rage post, I'm sorry you've wasted your time reading this. I ask kindly though, no trolling please.
This discussion has been closed.