• MasterofIce - Dreamweaver
    MasterofIce - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ya ppl cant read, thx Ephemera :-)
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    danaya123 wrote: »
    81/91 are still ok but i expect them to be 1coin soon too,and if thats happend im gonna just leave the game.
    You can as well remove DQ from the game at all.Why dont you remove coin drop from mobs too?

Can you dear GM,S tell us how a new player is supposed to make some coin before reach 100?

I SERIOUSLY hope thats a mistake and it will be fixed immediatelyb:angryWe can take 21/31 or whatever low lvl dq was nerfed before today they not worth much anyway, but to make 61/71 worth nothing too, no sir thats just too much to acceptb:infuriated

Its easy for a new player to get coin. Grind mats, manufacture, sell. Or Decompose and sell the stones they give ;) Another option is to farm herbs, make life powders and those mp pots and sell.

I agree that the whole dq stuff is a downer but there are other ways to make coin without having to charge gold. Just takes more time.
  • TR_James - Heavens Tear
    TR_James - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That was only 1-30 DQ items, but nice try.

Sorry. O_o;; I just always knew they were 1 coin. I don't play my higher level characters much anymore (unless I'm in that rare mood to play them), and I'm always creating new characters either out of boredom or to try to make them different than my old ones, so most of those alts are in the 20's.....
    My characters:
    TR_James - Blademaster - Lv49
    Xurui - Psychic - Lv34
    RebornRose - Wizard - Lv20
    Tsukurimi - Assassin - Lv29
    Server: Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its easy for a new player to get coin. Grind mats, manufacture, sell. Or Decompose and sell the stones they give ;) Another option is to farm herbs, make life powders and those mp pots and sell.

I agree that the whole dq stuff is a downer but there are other ways to make coin without having to charge gold. Just takes more time.

but most people probably have a life too, you know...
    grinding mats to manufacture gear takes quite a lot of time too >_>

changing all the DQs up to lvl 81 to be worth 1 coin is pretty dumb. doing it with 21/31 ones was kinda acceptable, even when my alt couldnt even buy a ******n pickaxe... but whatever, its fast outleveled. but later on DQs are main source of income >_>

so yeah, I sincerely hope this was a mistake and it will be fixed pretty damn fast b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now how am i suppose to get money?why pwi why:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    V4LIAAAAAAAAANCE!!! The community and The Void is baying for blood!!! This issue needs to be addressed ASAP! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wanna HEY YOU to give us some kind of response on this ******.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wanna HEY YOU to give us some kind of response on this ******.

If I were you I wouldn't post ever again. You have 1,111 posts. That's nice, keep it.
  • Secrets_ - Dreamweaver
    Secrets_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its the first thing i noticed about this patch. i can't speak for anyone else but i've noticed most players don't pick those up because they're already wealthy but for someone like myself who is still new and has no reliable source of income this is a disaster.

i guess we're supposed to ignore 1 coin DQ items and depend solely on npcing dropped equipment that no one would buy anyway?
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got this all figured out:

PWI is trolling us.

Or

They REALLY don't want us to work hard to earn our skills and gear, and will therefore reduce all of those costs to 1 coin.

RIGHT, PWI?!?!?!b:angryb:angryb:angry
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sell the pots mobs drop, it's what I'm going to do. Anyone under level 60 now gets a HP and MP charm once a day. Just let it click, and maybe keep a couple pots on hand just in case you get hit real hard. People who are 60 and 70... which my cleric is (and some of those skills cost 100k+ to level)... either farm or charge.

Or you could drive everyone insane and pan handle for coin in Archosaur b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    but most people probably have a life too, you know...
    grinding mats to manufacture gear takes quite a lot of time too >_>

changing all the DQs up to lvl 81 to be worth 1 coin is pretty dumb. doing it with 21/31 ones was kinda acceptable, even when my alt couldnt even buy a ******n pickaxe... but whatever, its fast outleveled. but later on DQs are main source of income >_>

so yeah, I sincerely hope this was a mistake and it will be fixed pretty damn fast b:angryb:angryb:angry

I have a life too and i dont have problems with it.
  • danaya123
    danaya123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Players below 60 gets hp and mp charm every day? what? where ? how?
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    There is a NPC in North Archosaur, it's a new daily you get a HP and MP charm that is good for 24 hours. The HP has 144K and the MP has 126K. When you log in the quest should automatically pop up. DO NOT TRASH IT. There is a warning that if you trash it, you will not be able to get it again.

Coordinates 546 673 in Archosaur, the NPC is called Harbinger of Fortune Woyn. It might be in other main cities too, not sure haven't checked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Sheogorath - Momaganon
    Sheogorath - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was actually looking forward to this expansion as I thought it would draw me back into the game with the revamped and new quests. I was excited to level my archer and veno and other numerous low level alts without having to spend forever looking for a bh squad or running behind a high level or being pressured to power level.

This change, however, has offended me greatly. DQ money was my main source of income as someone who did not charge/merchant. I never expected to be able to afford rank 9 or the other high tiered gears. I was just content to be able to afford skill leveling, mp/hp food, hypers, repair costs, and the occasional fashion piece.

This is no longer possible for me thanks to this update. I have no desire to even try out the other parts of this expansion. Even if the quest rewards were greatly increased it simply cannot make up for this dq nerf.

So now, pwe, I say to you what you just essentially told me: Kindly go **** yourself with something very uncomfortable.
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OR

maybe they were hoping noone would notice this "tiny" change, because everyone would be too excited about all new stuff. not... >_>
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is a NPC in North Archosaur, it's a new daily you get a HP and MP charm that is good for 24 hours. The HP has 126K and the MP has 144K. When you log in the quest should automatically pop up. DO NOT TRASH IT. There is a warning that if you trash it, you will not be able to get it again.

Coordinates 546 673 in Archosaur, the NPC is called Harbinger of Fortune Woyn. It might be in other main cities too, not sure haven't checked.

Last I checked with a lvl +30 char i did get nothing, and so far i havn't seen any note about that changeing, but did'nt see any note on this DQ Nerf b:angry
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, thats just terrible.
    They didnt have to bring that "fix" to our version considering botting activity in that level range is likely to be little/non-existant here.
    Let me guess, the revamped quests in this level range are to make up for the loss of their value?<_>

They D@m# well Better have! If they say this is a {real/permanent coin nerf} instead of a flaw in the programming....

Please be sure too Fess up, or Fix it quickly {PWE} (And I'm talking quickly); because this is BS....b:fatbb:spitb:fatb {PWE}

Tell {PWc} to stop punishing us! For things that their people seemingly only do (if this is some sorta {anti-botting measure} that they've deliberately instigated)..... We want it back too normal here and quickly....b:angry
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    all the bots on HT grind in lvl 95+ areas anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danaya123
    danaya123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is a NPC in North Archosaur, it's a new daily you get a HP and MP charm that is good for 24 hours. The HP has 126K and the MP has 144K. When you log in the quest should automatically pop up. DO NOT TRASH IT. There is a warning that if you trash it, you will not be able to get it again.

Just loged my 45 lvl kitty and quest poped,ty vm Star_Prism

But still even that dont make me happy anymoreb:surrender

We (low lvls and not that low) simply wants our dq items back to theyr normal prices as soon as possible or at least some kind of an official answer,there was nothing about middle lvl dq nerf in the patch note, ty vm!
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Last I checked with a lvl +30 char i did get nothing, and so far i havn't seen any note about that changeing, but did'nt see any note on this DQ Nerf b:angry

I've logged into three of my alts so far levels 36, 42 and the other 55 and they have all gotten the quest. Not sure why it's not popping up for you??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I could understand nerfing the DQ 20 and 31, but this is getting ridiculous.

PWI, what are you doing?
    PWI, STAHP!!!
    OH MY GOODNESS R U KIDDING!!! TY PWI...3 YRS OF LOYALTY FOR THIS??? What are you doing eliminating every way I have to make coin solo??!!! You are about to start losin your major regular player base (the free to plays keep the game going for the cashers sorry...cashers come and go..farmers stay) Just like in the real world economy...seperation of class by money...rich get rich poor are eliminated...if you wanna keep us all, u have to make it fair, stop makin it harder to farm!!!!!!b:shutupb:angryb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    danaya123 wrote: »
    Just loged my 45 lvl kitty and quest poped,ty vm Star_Prism

But still even that dont make me happy anymoreb:surrender

We (low lvls and not that low) simply wants our dq items back to theyr normal prices as soon as possible or at least some kind of an official answer,there was nothing about middle lvl dq nerf in the patch note, ty vm!

Your welcome. And I totally agree, please bring back the normal coin value on DQ's. I'm trying to level a cleric; between buffs, heals and a few attacks I'm going through coin like crazy. Thankfully I have time to farm, but for other people who don't this must hurt really bad. I mostly used them as a way to repair my gear. If this is going to stick I wish they would of told us. I have quite a few DQ items I hadn't NPC'd yet. Might just do actual dragon quest with them and sell the order.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • deviant79
    deviant79 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So I discover that dew orbs are relatively easy to collect and worth about 1,200 each. This turned into my money making source for my potions ect. I wake up today go collect some to make a few bucks and now they're only worth 1...

Uh,,why the sudden and huge price change?
    That kind of turns me off of wanting to play as I finally figure out something good to help me progress and then I get cut off.

Is this something I should expect to happen to other things as well?

I'm not out to stab at any one but seriously thats kind of messed up on
    who evers part that idea was...

What is this about, limiting peoples ability to make money?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

Godspeed.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val

Thanks, hey, you! Hopefully we can get this... absolutely ridiculous change reverted on our version. b:surrender
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's a thread about that already. Lots of people are pissed. Here's the link:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1520071

What makes me sad is the last time they changed DQ prices they told us in advance. Didn't mention it this time.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    deviant79 wrote: »
    So I discover that dew orbs are relatively easy to collect and worth about 1,200 each. This turned into my money making source for my potions ect. I wake up today go collect some to make a few bucks and now they're only worth 1...

Uh,,why the sudden and huge price change?
    That kind of turns me off of wanting to play as I finally figure out something good to help me progress and then I get cut off.

Is this something I should expect to happen to other things as well?

I'm not out to stab at any one but seriously thats kind of messed up on
    who evers part that idea was...

What is this about, limiting peoples ability to make money?

They are trying to get rid of f2p players more and more with each patch they make, seeing this stupid expansion purely oriented on heavy cashers made me sick to my stomach, pwi will loose a hefty player base due to the even more imbalance between gear, making it absurdly powerful and, thus, forcing lower levels to either cash shop or find some other ways to make in game coin.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its not just the dq drops that they nerfed, its also the quests for lvl 50s-80s.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
This discussion has been closed.