Element.exe Crashes

Options
memworld
memworld Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Support Desk
I used the manual patch for this update. The game loads fine from the launcher. However, I am having a problem with loading a second toon through the element app. The app lets me select my character, but immediately crashes once I hit start. Looking at Task Manager, I see the elementclient is not responding, even though it is hogging up 50% of the cpu.

I did let it run a few times for several minutes, with no change.

Anyone experience this issue? And does anyone know the solution for this?
Post edited by memworld on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Please keep in mind that even though the community may support multiclienting on the same PC from time to time, it technically is not supported. It depends on the game and the player's hardware/software configuration. You are not guaranteed that you will be able to multicleint.

Try just one client for a day or two, and see how things go, and see what graphic settings work best before you start using a second client on the same PC. This is especially true after a major content update.

Instead of running the same exe, you can try installing the game to a different folder and run that as a separate instance, and see if that might help you.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • delicatee
    delicatee Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Does it also happen if you make a copy of elementclient.exe, rename it to elementclient2.exe and start it as 2nd client?
  • memworld
    edited November 2012
    Options
    delicatee wrote: »
    Does it also happen if you make a copy of elementclient.exe, rename it to elementclient2.exe and start it as 2nd client?

Thanks for suggestion, but it didn't work. The game loads to the character select screen, but freezes when I hit start. I'm sure an answer will be found.

EDIT: I tried reinstalling the game from scratch, but that did not work either. The second character still freezes when I try to load them, the game shows to be taking up 50% of my cpu and lists itself in task manager as "not responding". However, the regular session of the game seems fine still.

Since it has been a couple of days, has anyone else come across this issue when loading a second instance of the game using the Elementclient.exe?
  • sinpwi1
    sinpwi1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have the same problem. The game crashes as soon as I pick a character and click on start. This also usually crashes my client loaded via the launcher.

Can anyone help with this issue? I have not being able to have my catshop up!!
  • memworld
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok, I figured out the problem. For some reason the element.exe was not running as Administrator. If you have this problem, just right click on the exe file and select "Run as Administrator."