Uninstal, ReInstal Patcher in German now?

AnitaXBlake - Lost City
AnitaXBlake - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I too had the AVG Trojan false alert from the pacth but it wouldn't let me put them in the exception so I uninstalled both PWI and AVG, got a new VS and re downloaded PWI from the site. Two hours later the launcher is showing up in German and is updating after being verified. b:cry I am wondering if the Greman is going to be a whole game thing or just a minor glitch?
Post edited by AnitaXBlake - Lost City on

Comments

• Arriioch - Dreamweaver
    Arriioch - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep mine is too I'm scanning for virus's but so far nothing is wrong .....
  • AnitaXBlake - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Well at least I am not the only one, I swear I **** off my computer more than anyone else....... Or the gremlins inside of it that make it run just hate me.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fiance and I are also seeing german on the patcher.

But it looks like it's ONLY on the little pages that link to the site.

b:puzzled
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My patcher has automatically gone into German language to, but this happened with the Descent expansion and it decided it wanted to use French that time. b:chuckle In the end it corrected itself on it's own and I imagine it will do the same with this one. But I have one of THE most paranoid anti-virus programs out there (Kaspersky), it flips out at the tiniest thing, but it hasn't picked up on anything from the patch so far, and it's nearly finished...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • _WickedOne_ - Heavens Tear
    _WickedOne_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Our computers are run by gremlins that know german and french =P
  • TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary
    TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yea my updater is german also but a friend that already updated his says its only the updater everything elese is english XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scoobyo - Heavens Tear
    Scoobyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    there not gremlins, they are little PWi agents who are tasked with messing with our minds b:chuckle
  • _Herp_Derp_ - Raging Tide
    _Herp_Derp_ - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    maybe some german terrorist group attacked PWI office...
  • AnitaXBlake - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Not funny Herp, and I had no luck with this patch. It stalled twice now once I continued and now I have restarted the whole computer and then restarted the patch.b:cry
  • lunarstar245
    lunarstar245 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My patcher has automatically gone into German language to, but this happened with the Descent expansion and it decided it wanted to use French that time. b:chuckle In the end it corrected itself on it's own and I imagine it will do the same with this one. But I have one of THE most paranoid anti-virus programs out there (Kaspersky), it flips out at the tiniest thing, but it hasn't picked up on anything from the patch so far, and it's nearly finished...

i use kaspersky too and it hasnt flipped out at me. The language problem did happen on my updater. I was buggin out at first when i saw it in german but im sure it will get fixed soon
    Defiance <3

I wish someone would make me a fancy-dancey sig

Archo Server on Facebook!
  • Tenshi_Teiko - Archosaur
    Tenshi_Teiko - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    maybe some german terrorist group attacked PWI office...

I'm german. Do you have something against germans?
    [Insert random funny signature here]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The EU office accidentally uploaded the launcher banners to the wrong spot, I am guessing. Launchers should be fixed later.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera