Str. and Dex for BM

jvrmaster
jvrmaster Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Blademaster
how much dex. and str must have a blademaster to lvl 102?

depends on the gear you use or weapons?
Post edited by jvrmaster on

Comments

• Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    me, myself my bm is lv103 and i have partial rank 9, parital meaning i have the chest,wrists,boots, and ring so i didnt go way out for dex with that on. my base stats are 305 strength(enough for Warflame cleaver when i have it, 163 dex and 57 vitality, with all my gear and my battle tactics(interval gear) i have like 366 str and 193 dex enough for deicides or s3 traceless dimension really all the dex you'll need is for your fist/claws unless u absolutely think you absolutely think you need the extra crit. Having strength for your weapon is a must in my opinion, base strength means you got all the power and any other adds just makes it stronger. Alot might argue with me but there is no reason to be able to put claws on with rank 9 if there was we'd had rank 9 fist/claw xD. Not saying you have to add any vitality base alot of bms go pure strength which is good if you have the money for high level refines/shards, just an added boost in hp and defenses. If you run short on dexterity or some stat you really wish you had more on you could get a tome for that, i know on my bm i run a Battle tactics tome(str+13,vit+12). So as for your question if you have all your interval gear just restat yourself for enough points in dexterity to wield the weapon so like deicides is 193 dex i think striking dragons is 189 dex or something i dont quite remember and regicides/windpours are 204 dex. So yeah it does base heavily on your gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My Bm has 190 base dex, 3 Vit, and 3 Mag, the rest is in Str.
  • jvrmaster
    edited October 2012
    Thanks, the reset had bad
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I'd definitely go for minimal Vit and Mag (so 3 Vit and 3 Mag), and minimal Dex for your gear (which means with all your gear on, you should have minimal Dex to wear your weapon) and the rest in Str. I do that since you get maximum damage output and you can easily get the HP you want from refining your gear since HA gear gives nice HP adds when refined compared to LA and AA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My bm has 100 dex 252 str and i think something like 163 base vit but i built it to pull catas (for the lols) so i wouldnt advise that.

You should do something like 200 base dex or 190 if you can get the dex up to 200 with gear add ons for the extra crit.

Um then you can chose to put something into vit. Personally i wouldnt because its pointless because endgame your hp comes from refines and possibly shards. If you do stat some vit reset it at a later stage.

Put everythimg you have left into str. It will give you more phys attack, and more physical def than adding vit would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • jvrmaster
    edited November 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/db03159c7f9a5944

vit: 3
    mag: 3
    dex: 195
    str: 324

ty all for info
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jvrmaster wrote: »

ty all for info

When a level 102 BM posted to ask how to stat a bm I face palmed. When they completely ignored simply statting enough dex for endgame claws (rounded up to 20) and the rest into strength or enough strength for endgame axes I face desked. When they then reposted saying they'd figured it out and linked a build with evasion ornies I 5 aps face palmed. b:shocked
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jvrmaster wrote: »

ty all for info

Awesome you want to roll like that. I just made a few changes to the build. Made this for you, might serve you better.

I wonder if you hyper leveled the bm, and didn't really do any pve stuff on it. Reason why i ask that, the first thing i learnt when i did pve on my bm. Magic hurts, even with magic marrow on. Why would anyone make a build that does not increase their magic defense in my books has not learned the frightful nature of a magic hit.

Altered build. People might say all sorts of things about your weapon choice, but since it is +10, i presume you plan to retain it. I hope you haven't gotten the ornaments yet, because save that money and put it towards getting a pan gu, warsong belt and cube neck.

I have done enough full warsong runs to make 3 warsong belts. Naturally i sold them, silly me i know, but warsong belts are free to make as you farm warsong.

I do not facedesk, or facepalm, i love myself too much to inflict pain on myself. So i'll do a facepalm on this cute puppy instead, and you made me do it jvrmaster b:cry. Please save the puppies in the future b:cry b:surrender.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm assuming he inherited the account.

Here are a few gear choices I don't like seeing. Evasion ornies, TT Vana, Striking Dragons,.... and full buffed builds where you use red bubble to hit "3.33 base." That's a 2.86 base build with 2.9k mdef. Using 2 pieces LA armor and mdef ornies will help increase your defenses, and a -int cape will boost you to 3.33. If you plan on +10 your claws may as well go deicides since they're roughly the same dd as SDs at +10 since Deicides refine better, but Deicides also have a Soul Infect proc and vit adds. And if we're comparing a lunar vana and tt vana and talking 20m vs 25m base, 250 cannies, shards and refines, the cost difference to get lunar vana is almost nothing so why do people keep using TT? I get it, at G16 it doesn't matter other than binding or not, but most BMs aren't going G16 because they don't want to lose their interval. Lunar, 33% better defenses.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory