Using BotP

Options
KitKatAngel - Archosaur
KitKatAngel - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Cleric
So, am I like the only cleric out there on West Arch that actually uses Blessing of the Purehearted? I wouldn't be entirely surprised, but I don't understand why people avoid this skill like the plague. It's decent if timed right, and it doesn't burn your mana the way Stream of Rejuvenation does and heals pretty decently at max ( I haven't maxed this skill by the way - ecatomb.net )

Any cleric thoughts on this skill? Anyone agree? b:surrender
b:cute Sweet dreams and unicorns make life worth living b:cute
Post edited by KitKatAngel - Archosaur on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ----------BotP / SoR
    Chan.-----[COLOR="Red"]3.0[/COLOR] / [COLOR="Lime"]2.5[/COLOR]
    Cast. ----1.0 / 1.0
    HP -------[COLOR="Red"]665[/COLOR] / [COLOR="Lime"]1230 (+1230 over 15 sec)[/COLOR]
    M.Atk.----[COLOR="Red"]40%[/COLOR] / [COLOR="Lime"]50%[/COLOR]
    Mana -----[COLOR="Lime"]280[/COLOR] / [COLOR="Red"]850[/COLOR]

Apart from the mana cost, BotP has absolutely nothing over SoR. Mana shouldn't really be an issue due to Divine Order potions and Herbs.

But I guess it should be noted that you can't max SoR until level 85. I'd say SoR starts overtaking a maxed BotP when it's around level 4, which you can learn at level 61. Until then, BotP would be a good alternative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Because Ironheart, wellspring, and stream are better for literally everything you'd consider using purehearted for except building chi cheaply (for those of us who leave pureheart at level 1).

Ironheart stacks with itself, so if you use 5 ironhearts you can then spend the next X amount of time doing whatever without worrying about someone dying mid-channel or the like. Wellspring is faster for when you just need to get that emergency HP boost instead of waiting for IH to kick in (the one area where pureheart would have potential if it didn't take so long to go off), and Stream gives a better combined heal with that initial boost AND then a heal over time you can transition into straight out ironhearts.

This basically comes together to make pureheart useless in pretty much every situation. By the time you or your tank have gear that's good enough to make pureheart a viable option (if for no reason other than you don't want to use ironheart for some unknown reason), using stream once every 10-15 seonds or so will give a better result.

And another big problem with pureheart that makes Ironheart so much more attractive is that pureheart heals all at once and then that's it. This means if someone's HP is dipping and you don't get off that next pureheart in time before they splat, that's it. Ironheart and stream, on the other hand, both have a heal over time that will still be healing a person even while you buff/debuff/res/attack/channel something else/die/ragequit squad/etc. Thus making them both better even with how much pureheart heals directly. On top of that, as already stated, because Pureheart takes so long to channel/cast, it can't be used as an emergency heal in the same manner wellspring surge can.

Short version of it all: Every other heal in your arsenal outshines Purehearted for various reasons. So at any time a cleric would consider it, that cleric has a better alternative heal they could have been using instead.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As they said the clerics don't use Blessing of the Purehearted cause the chan is more long than the other heals and the other heals heal more.

A cleric need to heal fast. The mana cost should not be take in consideration of which heal use. Blessing of the Purehearted is not necessary bad it's just not the best heal we have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I avoid BotP, but I also avoid using SoR. Both are too slow, and you're doing something wrong if you need that much heal at one time. SoR has slow channeling and a horrible stack. I'd much rather use a wellspring and an IH in the same amount of time, and have a better heal stack and have gotten an initial heal sooner.

The only reasons I use SoR is if someone died and I can use the long channeling during their immunity time (golden aura, can't take damage but can't receive buffs or heals either) so I start casting it before they can receive heals and it takes long enough their immunity is done by the time it finally casts.

The other reason I use SoR is I'm demon and it casts a physical def buff which I use. So imo SoR is for dead people and the defense buff, never the actual heal.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The only reasons I use SoR is if someone died and I can use the long channeling during their immunity time (golden aura, can't take damage but can't receive buffs or heals either) so I start casting it before they can receive heals and it takes long enough their immunity is done by the time it finally casts.

The other reason I use SoR is I'm demon and it casts a physical def buff which I use. So imo SoR is for dead people and the defense buff, never the actual heal.

Stream is also good for TW when you have a barb dying at, say, 1/3 their HP. Usually combo-ed with Wings of Protection for an immediate protection. Can fill a barb's HP bar completely depending on your magic attack (as long as it's not a 50k+hp monster).

But, sure enough, IH and wellspring are way more useful for day-to-day healing.
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You've never healed for a catapult squad in TW then...

Personally, I don't use BotP because its only advantage is its relatively low MP cost, while my skillbar is full of shortcuts that actually save lives. If you're in a situation lax enough that you can afford to use a weaker, slower heal, then probably you could save yourself even more mana and cast a single wellspring and have time left to do something else.

I have to add, two wellsprings is almost identical to one BotP. The two will cost slightly more mana and take a couple seconds longer, while healing slightly more and in a safer fashion. The advantage goes to BotP when it is sage... However, it will be a long time before all those 150 mana you save by choosing to cast it will cover the cost of the skill.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Stream is also good for TW when you have a barb dying at, say, 1/3 their HP.
    You've never healed for a catapult squad in TW then...

I have healed for cata squads. One, they're always charmed. Two, its common practice to kill the cleric first before going after the barb. Three, A cata cleric almost never risks putting on -channeling gear over defense gear in TW so at most you're looking at -35% channeling. These dictate my playstyle.

So my personal playstyle is purify, rebuff, and give them heals that stack (IH stack is better than SoR) that way I can keep myself moving around and alive and keep an IH on myself incase a sin pops stealth with a stun. If the barb is 1/3 of their hp i'm not gonna try to deliver a 12k hp heal that takes 3+ seconds to cast because they may be dead by then, I'm gonna give them a 5k wellspring and then IH until their charm ticks and they have 100% hp again. I'm also not gonna stand in one place and channel for 3 seconds because I'll probably end up dead. Again, the reason I might chose SoR over IH is because I'm in the air, and the barb is stuck in place by melee bm's/sins and I want the pdef boost.

That's just from my personal experience.

Outside of TW if my BM/Barb/Sin is at 1/3 hp and I see the cleric start channeling SoR I'm gonna pot, and ToP. I'll have full health before that SoR even lands. Its happened a million times this way, but the cleric always says "see, I kept you alive" ... -.- I have a friend who is a great cleric when he wants to be but prefers to dd, dd, dd, and then when you are about to die he hits you with an SoR. He's good enough he always saves me but if I'm charmed, its charm **** playing with him since he waits till I'm past 50% hp to start healing me.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I do use botp in my chi macro while waitin for bh squad or nv squad or any squad in general.

that 25% to regain 5% mp is usefull for that.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not really that it's useless, it's that everything else is better. And most any situation you'd use it in, there is probably something else you could be using to do it better.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!