Honest opinion

Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Assassin
Give me your opinions on this matter. Are sins fail if they double spark on a person they can kill without doing it. I mean someone that they completely outgear and refine. Yes or no?? b:laugh

Edit: Double sparking in stealth> is it fail if you do it on a person you can totally kill regularly?
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Edit: Nevermind, I misread OP. For someone that's not even in your league it doesn't matter wtf you do. lol.
  • Nikkas - Heavens Tear
    Nikkas - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    in pk, pvp there no rules, everything goes.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess it's like asking if it's a fail to kill a person with a gun, even if they could be easly killed with a knife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A majority of people do things "if it works". If double sparking in stealth to stunning and APSing a target down works, then why would they stop doing it? I have run into many sins like that, and the best thing to do is to try to adapt and fight back. Have Expel on a hotkey and use it as soon as you get stunned from a sin out of stealth. Unless you're a one-shot, which by then you really shouldn't be if you use defense charms as well.

Assassins can be one of the cheapest classes out there due to stealth, but if you play your cards right, sins are actually really squishy. The "APS" gear makes them so.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A majority of people do things "if it works". If double sparking in stealth to stunning and APSing a target down works, then why would they stop doing it? I have run into many sins like that, and the best thing to do is to try to adapt and fight back. Have Expel on a hotkey and use it as soon as you get stunned from a sin out of stealth. Unless you're a one-shot, which by then you really shouldn't be if you use defense charms as well.

Assassins can be one of the cheapest classes out there due to stealth, but if you play your cards right, sins are actually really squishy. The "APS" gear makes them so.

Why would you stun them? Even w/o stunning you have least 1s before your target is going to react due lag + the lack of inhuman reflexes. I do 2x spark and just aps clerics mostly down in TWs, saving CC to targets after the initial popping and I see nothing wrong with it. I myself actually consider it failing to burn everything on targets that you could kill with minimal resources making the pops from stealth ultimately killing one and forcing apo on 2nd, instead of doing more.

But I`m sure somebody considers my play style fail/cheap/etc and they can think that but I really am going to play my toon the way I can help my faction most in TWs as I really dont just PK during week.

I dont disagree with you but only noticed the stunning from stealth part, which ultimately falls under trying to 1shot the target - people can react usually after that stun with genie because the cast is so long. if the target is mocing, occult ice does the trick unless you are fighting target that actually has lot of hp and locking him/her down is necessity and not luxury.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I guess I'm just too used to fighting people who have fast reflexes. For myself, I have a nice "oh ****" hotkey for when higher level sins pop on me and try to mow me down with high attack rate. For that I usually react in less than a second, and with my HP pool I can survive any sin APSing, unless they get lucky and get 2-3 zerk crits while attacking.

It's also the fact that I'm a skill spamming sin, as I find that more fun, which means auto attacking from stealth isn't really a viable option to take. As I said, if it works then it works. If you find benefiting your faction for the sacrifice of the fun value is worth the trade-off, then that's perfectly fine. I just find that I'm just as useful for my faction while not sacrificing the fun factor.
  • Princece - Harshlands
    Princece - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess I'm just too used to fighting people who have fast reflexes. For myself, I have a nice "oh ****" hotkey for when higher level sins pop on me and try to mow me down with high attack rate. For that I usually react in less than a second, and with my HP pool I can survive any sin APSing, unless they get lucky and get 2-3 zerk crits while attacking.

It's also the fact that I'm a skill spamming sin, as I find that more fun, which means auto attacking from stealth isn't really a viable option to take. As I said, if it works then it works. If you find benefiting your faction for the sacrifice of the fun value is worth the trade-off, then that's perfectly fine. I just find that I'm just as useful for my faction while not sacrificing the fun factor.

u rly love yourself dont u?
    - Signature removed for inappropriate language filter circumvention -
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't see why Skai can't reply with his own personal experiences when the person he is responding to discussed their personal experiences first. :o

In my opinion for 1 vs 1, double spark autoattack from stealth is fail if the target is someone the sin outgears. Tactics like that only show that the sin is afraid of a target that is weaker than them. That and it is just plain boring to fight that way in my eyes. Most people you can autoattack to death before they react can be dealt with by a well placed zerk or crit anyways.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't see why Skai can't reply with his own personal experiences when the person he is responding to discussed their personal experiences first. :o

In my opinion for 1 vs 1, double spark autoattack from stealth is fail if the target is someone the sin outgears. Tactics like that only show that the sin is afraid of a target that is weaker than them. That and it is just plain boring to fight that way in my eyes. Most people you can autoattack to death before they react can be dealt with by a well placed zerk or crit anyways.

My name is niteshadows, and I approve this message. +1b:thanks
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they can kill without doing it.
    someone that they completely outgear and refine
    you can totally kill regularly?

Doesn't matter how you do it, its not an accomplishment.

This is kind of like asking if its fail for a lvl 100 sin to triple spark to kill a BH29 mob. Doesn't matter how its done, its nothing special.

I agree with Skai (and lol at Princece who contributed absolutely zero, but criticized one of our most experienced sins for talking from experience) that if a technique works it will be used.

This is one reason I get bored of pk so much. If I'm fighting another class, they know what I'm gonna do and I know what they're gonna do. Sometimes we have multiple options like do I anti-stun now or kite and save anti-stun, but that just puts you into a different "I did this so they'll use this so I'll use this and they'll..." where you already know the techniques that are gonna happen, how you'll respond and how they'll respond. Boring.

*waits for Princece to highlight things like 'I','I'm', and 'my'.*
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    @Princece I was mainly talking about my personal experience, as the original poster wanted to know other people's take/opinion on double spark from stealth to auto attacking sins. I was also responding to HideYoHubby's personal experience with such tactics. I don't mind them, but I think my experience might be valuable to other Assassins when it comes to PvP.

@Nite I think the main issue is the fear. The mindset of an Assassin is to get the job done, and sometimes even overkill is reached when considering that mindset.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Well considering my server, I feel safe bout counting 1,5s till reaction from target due more than normal lag in TWs and the reaction times people got. I likely react in under 1s myself but then again I got phenomenal reflexes - Something my sport teachers considered absurd. Maybe it`s lag, maybe it`s my gear but I know I have trouble dealing with higher level sins when they pop on me with R9 daggers. And honest, my reflexes arent what they used to be when I played sports, I`d still count myself in top 10% when it comes to those.

To me it`s really not a sacrifice - I dont enjoy playing sin too much in TWs but loving TWs I still find it as a whole a positive experience. But the class? Only time when the class itself gives me something I enjoy is when I get to pop lower level sins out of stealth - a friend of mine has complained how I always find him in TWs and drop the stealth. But I got to the whole sparking when I had to deal with R9 clerics with R8 daggers - Stun them --> AD & IG = restealth/change target. A lot of clerics have reflex to IH themselves when getting hit, which isnt really gonna do much to help them against spark.

Saying I drop with spark from stealth doesnt mean I ignore the CC skills sins have, I simply try to get 1st target down before relying on them. I admit I dont understand the concept of killing the target with minimal resources failing simply because you could of done it in more difficult way. Was not directed to you but I find that sort of gameplay more of an showoff instead of doing simple things - When you do something simple, the plan is lot more flexible in reacting to what others are going to do.

Ps. 103 next week and finally being able to see that friend of mine again, jerk went and leveled to 102 :(.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I find it less punishable to start out with CC skills because trying to get a target before relying on CC skills usually leads to very punishable results when you fail. At least that's how it's been for me. Again, it's dependent on a person's playstyle, but to me I find starting out with CC skills a lot easier than trying to auto attack someone from stealth. Without R9 daggers or daggers with +range, all a person really has to do to get away is mash the space bar and/or any of the WASD keys. From there they are alert and are ready to use any apoth/genie skills, whereas when you start out with CC skills, you more or less force the player to use a genie skill to survive. That's one huge factor out of the way, and from there it's usually easy to take out the target afterwards.
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is no such thing as a fair fight. In pvp all rules do not apply. I will kill my enemy as quick as I possibly can. Especially if they challenge me first. If they are undergeared and know that I will kill them swiftly and without mercy then so be it. I am no harsh. I am an assassin. That's what we do. What say you?
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Give me your opinions on this matter. Are sins fail if they double spark on a person they can kill without doing it. I mean someone that they completely outgear and refine. Yes or no?? b:laugh

Edit: Double sparking in stealth> is it fail if you do it on a person you can totally kill regularly?

To the op: No, they would have died anyway, why should you give them the pity treatment and not use your abilities to the fullest

I will never cease being surprised when people call someone fail for using their character abilities to win...

I don't see people calling archer fail for kiting or taking advantage of range...
    I don't see people calling psy fail for going god mode on ur butt and nuking you in one hit...
    And so on...

Why do people call sins fail for stealthing or using any other of their abilities escapes me... because it gives them an advantage? Really? if I am a sin and i stealth, though luck, either use that apo to see me, or if you still cant, you will need to level in order to catch up... I leveled to 103 to improve my stealth (aiming for 104 for same reason) why shouldn't other people do the same to level their stealth detection.

Fyi I was called fail by a fellow sin the other day because in a duel I kited him and flew to kill him with bow (another r9 sin at that)...

People will call you fail when they cant accept a loss... when they do, just MEOW at them and forget about them ;)

ps: end of rant for sins being called fail for using one of their game abilities:p b:laugh
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    @Briv I think it's mainly aimed at the sins who try to abuse it to an extent where it's not punishable. In other words, stun/auto attack out of stealth while popping an Ironguard for immunity, and if the target is not dead by the time immunity ends, force stealth, and wait for cooldowns of Ironguard to finish before attacking again with the same tactic. It's not only cheap, but also not that enjoyable on both ends, in my opinion.
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see (was a bit off there then :p ) I agree that this ninja behavior might be less honorable, but still its not fail, on the contrary, it is extremely effective b:chuckle

Chicken on the other hand would be a more understandable insult :p
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The thing is, with most other classes, their attacks can be prepared for. Even if a stealthed archer is in the area, people can pop def charms to survive the first hit. The main problem is that sins can kill people before their client even registers that they are there or their charm even ticks. Its pretty obvious that stealth + that much DPS is broken if the game itself can't even keep up with it. I myself see those people less as sins with daggers and more as invisible blenders with legs that launch onto the target's head.

I'm not opposed to that tactic being used on people that actually have time to immune and counterattack. However, when I watch west arch or silver pool and see an arcane with low refines be killed by an autoattacking +10 sin with AD up, I start to question their use of force. I think of myself as a chef rather than a blender. I cut up my meat accordingly and don't slice everything indiscriminately into pulp. Some may enjoy steak smoothies but I prefer my steak as a solid.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    @Cinder +1 to you for the food reference.
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    u rly love yourself dont u?

Some one a little butthurt over something? Why so mad bro?