Looking for input...

KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I just started editing the Barbarian skill page on the wiki. Any input on how to make it easier to read and/or simpler would be appreciated!

Check out my edits here!

P.S. ~ If anyone has any way I can make the long listing of skill levels a tiny bit shorter, I would much appreciate it. I know I would hate to have to scroll all the way down the list to try to find the one skill I was looking for... granted, I know how to use my "Find" command... but still!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
Post edited by KrittyCat - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd suggest simply adding a link to the Ecatomb skill list.

Long lists like those are annoying to read and confusing no matter which way you put it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    I'd suggest simply adding a link to the Ecatomb skill list.

Long lists like those are annoying to read and confusing no matter which way you put it.

Actually, found out a way to prevent it from being miles long, so going to keep going. Thanks, though.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally, I would just remove the "Required Weapon" column. It's kinda redundant for a barb. That leaves more room for skill description space and will shrink a lot of the rows.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey Kritty, for the tables, please make sure that the Background color is left to default.

So you can just take out "background-color:#332F2B" from:
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#332F2B" style="background-color:#332F2B" width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3">

Just leaving:
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#332F2B" style=width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3">

Thanks! ^_^
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally i like full descriptions of all skills at all levels, allows me to compare things around. Most people how ever won't like it.

There are a few suggestions

1) Can you make the skill name bold/coloured? Right now they seem insignificant and melt in the text wall.

2) You could create table of contents and have linking their. After each skill, bottom right have the link for "back to top".

3) Might be tricky, or not allowed at all, have a floating menu on the side that scrolls with you? Probably hard to do if the code is not available i imagine.

4) Remove the opening words from each skill, and put it in a separate header on top? "Execute a concussive bash" for example.

5) Most people could add, but it might be easy to read if you add the channeling time and cast time in another column. When creating macros people can cross reference that with cool down times and make macros easier.

Just a few personal suggestions, probably adding more work than it is worth for you b:surrender.

Thank you for updating the skills page, we appreciate it b:victory.
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey Kritty, for the tables, please make sure that the Background color is left to default.

So you can just take out "background-color:#332F2B" from:

Just leaving:

Thanks! ^_^

Well, that color code is the default background color... if I take off borders you can't even tell it's a table.b:chuckle

Still, it's your wiki in the end. I'll fix it when I get home.b:victory

My goal is to give each of the skill pages the same treatment, but it could be a bit.b:surrender

As for the reasoning of the weapon requirements, I was considering just adding it right after the skill name. I think, based on the feedback, I'll do that.

Lastly, I'll see what I can do about a ToC. I know it's an awful lot of text to scroll through to find one specific skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As for the reasoning of the weapon requirements, I was considering just adding it right after the skill name. I think, based on the feedback, I'll do that.

Barbs tend to use two types Axes types or claws, so make sense to include it. BMs are more picky since they have class specific skills as well all weapon skills.

TOC - nightmare b:shocked, wish you the best of luck with it.
    edited November 2012
    Well, seems that Sango went and defined the table as a wiki table before I could drop out the background color.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]