Raging Tides vs Lost City?

Rhowen - Lost City
Rhowen - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I'm thinking of re-rolling on a new server and having trouble deciding between RT and LC. I've heard that RT has the best economy. I've also heard that LC is basically dead, is this true? If someone could lemme know which server is more populated/active, it'd be much appreciated. Also would be nice to hear from players on either server and their experiences. b:thanks
Post edited by Rhowen - Lost City on

Comments

• Reshee - Harshlands
    Reshee - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well one is pvp and one is pve so there is a strategy difference there. Of the two servers that are pvp (lost city and harshlands) lost city is the more populated. I have never played a pve server in this game so not sure about raging tides.
  • Ruller - Lost City
    Ruller - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    raging tides has more active people and easier to level and learn game.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, I heard RT is pretty much dead. But people say the same about LC. Then again they say LC is active...

I guess your best bet would be to just get a char to archo and compare the levels of people or something. Trusting forum opinions seems like a terrible idea. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Your avatar say you have a toon on Lc, just log in and you will see by yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    RT is very active right now. People PKing alot in west, 7-8 active factions, full of catshops, people still asking for BH 51/69/79 in Archo
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I play on LC and I wouldn't say it's dead really, as far as numbers
    go perhaps. It's just the great majority of players there are end-gamers,
    so their gameplay is pretty much limited to instances.

Very few players to be found out in the world.
  • Whipporwhill - Raging Tide
    Whipporwhill - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Boy, if we have the best economy here in Raging Tide I feel so sorry for the other servers. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    RT all the way, we have lots of active ppl, active trolls and pkers,(some new players still) so if u want to pk u can do it w/o the fear of being 1 shot by a very smart sin go to lc b:shutup rt is very far to be death, and.. if we have the best economy, b:surrender i feel sorry for the other servers but well, RT is a very nice option to reroll
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Raging tide! Because...who doesn't wanna be a part of a raging tide? O.o
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well you see...
    If you're lvl 30+ and you go outside Archosaur using the west gate you will get killed...
    same for silver pool...
    what a funny server huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LC is full of R9 +12 JOSD faith genie sins. sins, EVERYWHERE. You cannot throw a pencil into open space without hitting stealthed sins.

If your idea of fun is a PvP server with a dead PvP scene and a really bad fish infestation, then by all means, go for it.

I can't speak for RT, I don't think I've logged there long enough to form an opinion.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Raging tide has pro tws, LC was so 3 years ago b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LC is full of R9 +12 JOSD faith genie sins. sins, EVERYWHERE. You cannot throw a pencil into open space without hitting stealthed sins.

If your idea of fun is a PvP server with a dead PvP scene and a really bad fish infestation, then by all means, go for it.

I can't speak for RT, I don't think I've logged there long enough to form an opinion.

So... time to start up a Joe's Crab Shack on Lost City?
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I have to agree, this is a pretty accurate description of Lost City, although I wouldn't change servers ever, not with some of the friends I've made on LC. As for which server you should choose, someone else already said listening to Forum opinions is a Terrible idea. So again I agree with that and suggest you go try out both, lvl up a bit and see for yourself. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This one should be really simple tho, if you are chosing between two pvp or pve servers would be more of a discussion, just decide what you wanna do open pk or pve fun.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Join the raging tide!! Nothing can go wrong
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't be discouraged if you're the only person doing low level quests on on RT,
    we still have a high level player base. around level 70+ it pretty easy to find people to play with.

Good luck if you roll on a pvp without any help.
    D:
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    RT is alive, bring your tartar sauce and join the fish fryb:dirty
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    raging tide pretty desperate i see i dont even.... b:kiss
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    raging tide pretty desperate i see i dont even.... b:kiss

"feeds the fail troll"b:bye
  • Rhowen - Lost City
    Rhowen - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Think I'll give RT a try :D
    See you sexy peeps in 5 days when the name I wanna use is available. b:chuckle
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you wanna reroll for another {PvE} go for ~ RT server

If you wanna go PK for awhile, then ~ LC server wouldn't be a bad choice for the {PvP} time...

Losts actually far from dead ~ Even if the Main PKs are all nearing endgame status (Look at it this way, it just means your safe from most of them, since your not really a challenge too them, only the lesser leveled 1s will tend to be your main Pk problems in LC server....b:thanks
  • bladeoflad
    bladeoflad Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The hell... When did the inquirer ask anything about PvE and PvP. Though I can understand the reason for bringing it up, he made no reference to either of them which hints at a lack of care about them both.. ._. READ the question, THOROUGHLY, THEN answer b:scornb:lipcurl
  • bladeoflad
    bladeoflad Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bladeoflad wrote: »
    The hell... When did the inquirer ask anything about PvE and PvP. Though I can understand the reason for bringing it up, he made no reference to either of them which hints at a lack of care about them both.. ._. READ the question, THOROUGHLY, THEN answer b:scornb:lipcurl

Oh and thanks to those that actually answered the question. b:thanks