Hardest hitting class?

robindra1
robindra1 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Hi, i was wondering what class hits the most and with what gear? also what is the best class for pvp/TW in terms of high damage delt? if you will be so kind plz tell me what gear they must have to hit hard :) ty
Post edited by robindra1 on

Comments

• HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    r9 +12
    Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
    **** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012

r9 +12 with credit card wep +12

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • robindra1
    edited November 2012
    r9 +12

what class? i was thinkin archer/sin/wiz or a psy? what hits hardest there and best for pvp/tw?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Basically, that we are trying to say is that any class with Rank 9 gear and +12 refinement(thats usually bought with rl money) will hit the hardest. It's quite sad really b:surrender
    But what really matters isn't power - it's the skill behind the player holding that power, knowing how to play that class, and knowing how to stay alive while being ganked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Doesn't matter how hard they hit, from personal experience, the "best" players simply fail when it comes to pve, pvp is irrelevant since things get 1 hit anyway, bottom line is, RARELY r9 +12 players have any skill whatsoever.

Hardest hitting, check damage npc rankings, you will get the approximate idea.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's what Esnemyl said. At this point in the game, the one with the top tier gear will hit the hardest regardless of gear.
    Unless, of course, you compare all the classes with the same top tier gear. In that case the answer would be Wizard (for magical damage) and Archer (for physical damage). From what I've heard, those two tend to be the top classes in PvP/TW but really... any class with top gear will be great in PvP provided the player behind the toon is skilled.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A HF'd, Sage Subsead, Sage amp'd, pdef broken, zerk/crit ToP arma from this demon Barb should get you around roughly 1.44m PvP damage.

I really don't think you need to worry about hitting harder than that. b:sin
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It depends on how you define "hardest-hitting" to be. Do you mean highest DPS (i.e. hardest-hitting when averaged over time)? Or do you mean highest DPH (i.e. hardest-hitting when comparing individual hits)? For example, barbarians can hit absurdly high numbers with one skill due to the nature of that still, but not very high with most others. As such, barbs have low DPH and DPS overall but can easily hit the hardest of all the classes with one skill. Archers do not get 'zerk' weapons like all other physical classes, but they often have higher DPH due to the nature of their weapons. Thus, while archers have higher DPH and DPS than barbs, they will never hit as high as a barb because of the mechanics of armageddon.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Silly Decus. If you educate him, then he may actually think instead of rolling a class and using the same strategy over and over thus giving the rest of us an easy target. b:cute
  • robindra1
    edited November 2012
    It depends on how you define "hardest-hitting" to be. Do you mean highest DPS (i.e. hardest-hitting when averaged over time)? Or do you mean highest DPH (i.e. hardest-hitting when comparing individual hits)? For example, barbarians can hit absurdly high numbers with one skill due to the nature of that still, but not very high with most others. As such, barbs have low DPH and DPS overall but can easily hit the hardest of all the classes with one skill. Archers do not get 'zerk' weapons like all other physical classes, but they often have higher DPH due to the nature of their weapons. Thus, while archers have higher DPH and DPS than barbs, they will never hit as high as a barb because of the mechanics of armageddon.

i meant the DPH one ...like which better to use to kill numerous people in tw or pvp. i believe i may create a archer :)
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's probably still going to be a barb - due to armageddon.

DPH matters when doing PVE, particularly in instances. AOE DPH it's probably Seeker but they would be reliant on working with other players.

Who kills the most? I've not done PVP apart from dueling. But knowing how to use skills matters a lot. You could probably roll a cleric that did pretty good damage.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    robindra1 wrote: »
    Hi, i was wondering what class hits the most and with what gear?

ur moms faec with no mask or makeup equipped oooooooooooooh
    I <3 AGOREY
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wizards have the strongest ranged aoe attacks
    ..and not only one

wizards hit harder than archers and use more and stronger aoes , archers hit faster
    how do you want to play?

how to gain chi?
    archer: doubleclick on casters, that should be wnough for most
    wizard: use gush on heavy and light armor chars, that should be enough for most
    what to do with that chi?
    archer use an ironguard and setup boa on a strong target. wait for interruptions and try to holy path away
    wizard: choose your aoe depending on target, cast it, send a hailstorm for the survivors, shrink away half dead

the 3 dominating dds in tw are archer wiz and psy
    with psy being the hardest to kill and archer the easiest
    (psy buffs are op, wiz defenses are very high aaand light armor sucks)

but if you wanted to be hard to kill you would be a barb... or maybe..

...maybe we shouldnt ignore seekers
    they seem to like using tripplespark and then zerk crit oneshot people through defense charms
    i dont even know what skill it is

and i hit the lowest damage on r9 seekers
    barbs with the same gear take several times more damage
    i like potato
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would say wizzies. Pretty sure they have some of the most powerful aoes that can wipe the field. Not saying other classes like barbs, seekers, archers don't, but when thinking about which class is known to dominate in TW in terms of crowd control, wizzies instantly come to mind first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alondark - Heavens Tear
    Alondark - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ppl never seem to take into account the psys att lvl buff when discussing hardest hitting classes a R9 psy and a R9 wizzy hit pretty much hit for around the same the big diff is psys aren't as chi reliant as wizzys are and can also use a def lvl buff which I prefer over the wizzy p def buff since it defends against mag and physical attacks also a psy has a aoe heal that purges negative status effects so in my opinion psy is better as a major DD and support class. It all depends on how you wanna play though with triple spark a wizzy and a psy can 1 shot each other depends on who hits 1st.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since everyone negates a bm b:sad. I say BM ish OP to if you give it the best gear around. We can troll around in magic marrow with 32k hp and wreak havoc all over with 100 def lvls.

At the end of the day, any R9 player (or any subsequent recast) with good refines, that knows how to play his/her class will be a major threat to the opponents.
    edited November 2012
    I agree jaabg but he/she was asking about the highest hitting class I've tryed out every class on my private server with st3 R9 and its pretty much a tie between wizzy and psy in TW you should have a bm HFing for your Mage squad anyways if your in a thougt out and good TW squad
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    robindra1 wrote: »
    Hi, i was wondering what class hits the most and with what gear? also what is the best class for pvp/TW in terms of high damage delt? if you will be so kind plz tell me what gear they must have to hit hard :) ty

Broad question is broad - each class has it's strengths and weaknesses - are you looking over all or specific and finite areas? all responses so far are correct on the broader question R9 3rd cast all +12 (inc weapon) - however if you don't know how to play your class you'll still be useless just in more expensive gear

You know you're in trouble when the forum mathematician gets involved and uses acronyms b:chuckle Decus why you not mention magic damage we steel agro with 1 hit if we don't know what we're doing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Decus why you not mention magic damage we steel agro with 1 hit if we don't know what we're doing. b:surrender

No real reason. Barb and archer came to mind first so I went with that. b:shutup
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    For some reason, I expected something more along the lines of Magic must defeat magic!
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The one with the biggest credit card is the hardest hitting class>
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    The one with the biggest credit card is the hardest hitting class>

Not true im 50% done towards getting my st2 r9 armor got all the mats and molds for st3 and that is all farmed so if you really work for something dont need credit card.....
  • SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary
    SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    r9 3rd cast Wizard/Archer/Psychic

Those will pretty much **** over your day and then proceed to **** over the rest of your PWI life.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well on my server on the damage test it's always a barb at the first position so I'll would say barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ppl never seem to take into account the psys att lvl buff when discussing hardest hitting classes a R9 psy and a R9 wizzy hit pretty much hit for around the same the big diff is psys aren't as chi reliant as wizzys are and can also use a def lvl buff which I prefer over the wizzy p def buff since it defends against mag and physical attacks also a psy has a aoe heal that purges negative status effects so in my opinion psy is better as a major DD and support class. It all depends on how you wanna play though with triple spark a wizzy and a psy can 1 shot each other depends on who hits 1st.

they still hit less, unless they are sharded in attack lvls
    at least thats what i see o.o

i cant recall the last time being 1shot by a psy
    no way thats going to happen fully buffed
    ...well that requires some testing
    but probaby need to use very unlikely combinations, like tripplespark EP frenzy stonesmasher... not even sure if thats the best skill to use since its earth based...
    not sure if thats going to break through a defense charm
    and who the heck is not spamming defense charms in tw?
    Broad question is broad - each class has it's strengths and weaknesses - are you looking over all or specific and finite areas? all responses so far are correct on the broader question R9 3rd cast all +12 (inc weapon) - however if you don't know how to play your class you'll still be useless just in more expensive gear

there is certain no-skill wizard on my mind now
    and he does just fine, despite having no skill
    i like potato
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its so Funny how no one know that seekers hit the most ...

if we are talking about r9 .. not higher upgrades .

Seeker hits the most and even 200% sins max dmg .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Magic Hardest-hitting-skills rankings:
    1. Wizzie with... Blade of ice dragon(improved with water debuff from sage glacial snare)
    2. Cleric with... Tempest (improved with ultraviolet dance, demon spirit gift, elemental seal)
    3. Psychic with... Stone smasher (improved with black voodoo)

Note: clerics has potential to ditch ridiculous amount of damage with tempest. But most cleric build themselves for defense/survival/healing rather than to DD.

Physical Hardest-hitting-skills rankings:
    1. Barb with demon Arma (improved by ToP + demon onslaught + GOF)
    2. Seeker with Gemini slash (improved with soulsever debuff +GOF)
    3. Archer with barrage
    4. BM with HF (improved by GOF + its own debuff? not sure if the hf debuff applies before the damage or after)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Magic Hardest-hitting-skills rankings:
    1. Wizzie with... Blade of ice dragon(improved with water debuff from sage glacial snare)

I know Black Ice Dragon Strike, but "Blade of ice dragon" is unknown to me.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Physical Hardest-hitting-skills rankings:
    1. Barb with demon Arma (improved by ToP + demon onslaught + GOF)
    2. Seeker with Gemini slash (improved with Sacrificial slash debuff QPQed +GOF)
    3. Archer with barrage
    4. BM with HF (improved by GOF + its own debuff? not sure if the hf debuff applies before the damage or after)

Fixed for you. I try to use S. slash in TW whenever it's not in cool down. On QPQing the debuff, my seeker knocks 30 defense levels off of my opponent while simultaneously increasing my attack levels by half of that. It's by far the best PVP debuff the class has.

Agree with your general rankings above though. There is a youtube video floating around with an R9+12 40k Barb one-shotting a R9 Seeker for 25K or thereabouts with Arma zerk crit. There is no R9 wizard in PWI (unless maybe 3 spark or something and even then I doubt it) that can put up those kind of numbers on a R9 Seeker.