Would like to have assistance.

ema22
ema22 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
So, lately one of my chars was banned. The story is: my close friend has been **** lately and I tried to save his stuff. I made hacker lose ability to sell anything from his stuff. So he insulted me and my family. I was instigated to run my mouth and i told something inappropriate. Now I am banned, and I cant find out for how long.

Does anyone have any clue how long it could last and is it bannable to run your mouth?
Post edited by ema22 on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bans cannot be discussed on the forums. That said, I suggest you Submit a ticket to try and get more information and/or help.
  • ema22
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Bans cannot be discussed on the forums. That said, I suggest you Submit a ticket to try and get more information and/or help.

I already submitted a ticket. Got a reply that i am not getting unbanned, but nothing that answers my question. And i am not discussing a ban, but a reason for it. Or what punishment for this kind of crime?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ema22 wrote: »
    I already submitted a ticket. Got a reply that i am not getting unbanned, but nothing that answers my question. And i am not discussing a ban, but a reason for it. Or what punishment for this kind of crime?

If the ban is for a duration, you'll probably just have to wait it out. You can reply to the ticket but that's about it. And discussing the reason and punishment of a ban is discussing a ban. Of course you can talk about the concept of banning in the abstract sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ema22
    edited November 2012
    If the ban is for a duration, you'll probably just have to wait it out. You can reply to the ticket but that's about it. And discussing the reason and punishment of a ban is discussing a ban. Of course you can talk about the concept of banning in the abstract sense.

Oh kay i see. What if i say my bank account was banned for some time for shouting at bank worker. But when i come to bank and using my card, i see a message on my phone, "Wrong password or login". What could it mean?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh kay i see. What if i say my bank account was banned for some time for shouting at bank worker. But when i come to bank and using my card, i see a message on my phone, "Wrong password or login". What could it mean?

You mean when you try to log on your account that say wrong password? If they say in the ticket that you wont get unban that mean it's permanent so nothing to do really, unless you send a ticket and try to explain the story.

Anyway as the other said it's against forum rules to speak about a perosnal ban, so try a ticket and good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The problem is it always comes down to specifics. From what I can gather from your story you got banned for "running your mouth", which can mean a lot of things; did you resort to racial/gender slurs? Got graphic on descriptions? Did you make threats? Further, what channel were you using? It would take a lot of nerve for a hacker to report you... You somehow prevented him/her from selling your friend's stuff? How? Was it through legitimate means or did you breach ToS doing so? Who was it that actually sent the ticket that got you banned? Now, I do expect you realize I don't actually mean for you to answer any of these questions, the point I'm making is we are not in full posession of the facts (even if you were to provide details it would only be your side of the story) and discussing the specifics of any given case could lead to second guessing the GM's call which, right or wrong, there are many obvious and legitimate reasons to respect; the privacy of involved parties being but one amongst many.

If you believe you were unfairly punished I do recommend you follow Bella's advice, unfortunately there does seem to be a recent surge in these kind of attacks, but otherwise there's not much to do about it. However much provoked you do seem to admit to some wrongdoing, and it may have been something serious enough that a GM decided to ban. The one piece of advice I'll give on this is do not try to justify your actions, GMs are human beings and it' not going to come accross as sympathetic for you to defend something one of them judged as bannable behaviour. If you own up to whatever mistake(s) you may have done I do think you'll stand a better chance.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Usually a time reference (for the ban) is listed on a subscreen that pops up for you on your screen once you try to log in on the banned character (atleast thats what it used too do ~ back when I had been banned in 09') haven't been put under a ban since then though...

((Best way too figure your bans time frame reference, is too figure out what the ban numbers time actually works out too being))

Other then that, like they said before ~ sadly, bans can't be discussed by even {MODs, GMs & ADMINs} on the forums...
    b:thanks
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Did you make threats? Further, what channel were you using? It would take a lot of nerve for a hacker to report you...

That too, a hacker reporting someone is kinda weird...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ema22
    edited November 2012
    Thanks eveyone for replies, I prolly got what I needed. But this guy is a big big hater, so when I stopped him from making profit, he raged. Thats it. Can be closed.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Sound's like a perma-ban. They are implemented rarely. Once a person talked her mouth off against another person in world chat bringing her real life into it but only got a 1-2 week ban or something. Should have been a 2months minimum ban, if not perma ban at the most in my opinion. Yet you got perma ban for talking your mout off against a hacker? Nothing makes sense anymore...sorry to hear that.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure how you helped your friend.
    But at a guess, I would say sharing account details is banned in TOS.
    Just a thought.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Something sounds fishy. From the original post to the last reminds me of a line of people, one whispiers "apples" and told to pass it on only the last person hears "platypus omelette with a side of concrete"
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That too, a hacker reporting someone is kinda weird...

if it was a nasty chat in WC...could've been anyone who reported b:surrender

edit: then again...if it's a perma-ban....there's more to the story than he's telling
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, lately one of my chars was banned. The story is: my close friend has been **** lately and I tried to save his stuff. I made hacker lose ability to sell anything from his stuff. So he insulted me and my family. I was instigated to run my mouth and i told something inappropriate. Now I am banned, and I cant find out for how long.

Does anyone have any clue how long it could last and is it bannable to run your mouth?

Sounds to me that someone **** back, As WickedBrew wrote, seems to be more in this story than told ijs
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • ema22
    edited November 2012
    I would give the whole story and 2 phrases which made me into ban, but its against rules. I am done with breaking it xD
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would give the whole story and 2 phrases which made me into ban, but its against rules. I am done with breaking it xD

If you are banned permanently, I don't think you will get another chance to break it.

Permanent if I am not mistaken is kind of like being dead. After days, months, years, generations, still dead. Permanent is just that. Done. Finished. Case closed. No more. Never again. The end.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012

discussion of bans is not allowed on the forums please submit a ticket
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    discussion of bans is not allowed on the forums please submit a ticket

You're a bit late for that... think he already got the memo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
This discussion has been closed.