Archers in Caster Nirvana

Options
omgomgomg123tt
omgomgomg123tt Posts: 37 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
How hard is it for archers to get into caster sqds? since we are not mage dd's and ive asked several people and they say archers r the less liked class in caster, but if we do in a caster sqd wat moves should i use?
Post edited by omgomgomg123tt on

Comments

• Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    spam vicious and serrated arrow for chi, then use that for storm rage eagleon after debuffing the bosses with thunder shock and blood vow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    all your metal skills for the bosses since they are immune to physical attack, things like lightening strike and thundershock come to mind. also make sure to concentrate on killing the adds when they spawn on the 3rd and last boss. Those aren't physical immune, so if you take care of them, the stronger magical DDs can concentrate on killing the bossb:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Archers are fairly accepted in Caster Nirvana on Sanctuary and Blood Vow is really nice.
    The upcoming expansion will reduce the cooldown of Blood Vow so I believe Archers will be even more welcome in Caster.

As for the skills, well I haven't played archer for ages but as far as I know you just have to spam your magic damage skills and take care of the adds (as those aren't immune to physical damage).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Archers are decent, but with the same gear they are heavely out DDed by the actual casters. So make sure you know your job, have good gear, and bloowvow if you want to contribute some real damage
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Since people are taking bms more into caster vana for HF, bloodvow isn't really useful anymore. Most world chat squads on sanctuary are fairly low DD, so taking an archer is not really an option. The ones that are willing to take an archer will prioritize seeker and bms first. So, it's kinda once in a bluemoon that u really see an archer and most of the time, the archer is either making the squad or a friend of the squad lead.
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    archers dosnt belong in caster nirvana, u only do others big pain coz they must be good dds than, go aps and in to regular nirvana and if they dosnt wanna u just make a sin xD
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As a +12 R9, Sage archer, I'm only out-DDed by casters with equivalent weaponry. I often hold primary aggro, which shuts up non-believers in the squad right quick.

Sages definitely have the edge over Demons in caster with better CD, chi and 100% elemental Frost Arrow. Come next week when Quickshot will grant a +20% crit bonus and Sages will be even better.

I use: Quickshot > Thunder Shock > Lightning Strike > Frost Arrow in a looping macro. The QS is there for chi generation and timing, and soon the +20% crit. The macro is chi heavy, though the upcoming lower CD on Awaken may get rid of the need for supplements like Cloud Eruption.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    archers don't belong in Caster...nor do BM's (tho a better choice than archer)...seekers are a best non-caster to bring for debuffs and magic attacks

tho as always...depends on the gear and squad list
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    A BM will turn a good run into a GREAT run. I do caster all the time and <5 minute runs are not unusual.

Of course they will also turn a mediocre run into a bad run, so really depends on the rest of the squad.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    A BM will turn a good run into a GREAT run. I do caster all the time and <5 minute runs are not unusual.

Of course they will also turn a mediocre run into a bad run, so really depends on the rest of the squad.

I agree, not sure about most people and their caster squads. When i go, i always ask with whom i should time my hf with. Everyone times their spark and dd skills accordingly and bosses drop really quickly.

Archers do great in caster vana.

The above only works if the dd is decent/strong in the squad. If people are running around in 0~2 refines on weapon, a bm, seeker, archer won't help much.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not about how hard a archer hit in caster, it's about how hard that would be to find a squad that want to take a archer in caster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Though they arent often asked for, Archers do okay in Caster NV. Blood Vow and assistance with Fatemeddlers/Soundboom are always useful (allowing Wizards and whoever else to focus on Vampy). The same applies to BMs and their HF and RotP, but they're much better suited to high-end squads.

Still, I normally prefer to carry a Seeker when possible not only for the Buffs/Debuffs but also because they appear to have a difficult time getting into regular Nirvana compared to APS BMs/Archers.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    archers dosnt belong in caster nirvana, u only do others big pain coz they must be good dds than, go aps and in to regular nirvana and if they dosnt wanna u just make a sin xD

They don't really get accepted into normal nirvana, at least on my server anyway. All WC's are for either a sin or BM for normal nirvana. But I do agree archers are NOT casters and don't belong in casters nirvy. They've lost any respect they used to have besides TW and possibly Nation Wars coming up and delta runs.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    as some people said, some of archer are go nirvana. some of ppl not accepted but others accepted. its better for u to form squad rather to join other squad and hoping ppl accepted. i several times doing caster with archer, rank 9 archer will be a good DD in caster. but a tt99 archer that know what to do is also decent enough for caster.

For me, i rather accept 1 archer in squad rather than wasted 20 teles trying to get 1 magic class DD. token price is 17k in RT now b:surrender
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not about how hard a archer hit in caster, it's about how hard that would be to find a squad that want to take a archer in caster.

It takes a moron to reject a +12 r9 archer for casters. And it takes maybe 30 seconds to shut up a +10 r8 loud mouth veno who thinks she can hold aggro against me.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf