Which veno built is better in pvp overall?

Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Venomancer
Hello,

Can someone pls tell me which veno built is the better pvp overall? Full HA, Full LA, Full AA or Mix HA/AA?
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd guess you'd get better results asking this in the veno subforum.

I don't pvp but some high grade AA/HA mix doesn't seem like a bad idea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who cares, venoes are OP, dun dun dun.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012

Moved.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Pretty much; money > builds in PvP.

If you have a big budget and can afford really good refines, shards etc. you'll do great regardless of build, more or less.

AA (preferably Pure Mag) is nice as a nuke build that is focused on offence. Most suitable gear would be full R9 or full G16 Nirvana. HA or HA/AA if you can afford it is nice as a support build that focuses on defence. Most suitable gear would be full G16 Nirvana as far as I know.

LA is okay but rather inferior to the other builds. The only reason to go LA would be if you already have an Archer or an Assassin (or both) on the same account. Stashing gear would save you a lot of coin but otherwise it's not very worth it.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited November 2012

Don't you get a bonus boost from wearing the same armor type instead of mixed?
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Pretty much; money > builds in PvP.

If you have a big budget and can afford really good refines, shards etc. you'll do great regardless of build, more or less.

AA (preferably Pure Mag) is nice as a nuke build that is focused on offence. Most suitable gear would be full R9 or full G16 Nirvana. HA or HA/AA if you can afford it is nice as a support build that focuses on defence. Most suitable gear would be full G16 Nirvana as far as I know.

LA is okay but rather inferior to the other builds. The only reason to go LA would be if you already have an Archer or an Assassin (or both) on the same account. Stashing gear would save you a lot of coin but otherwise it's not very worth it.

OK, so I feel like resetting to AA, so how would my stats look like at lvl 90?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    At lvl90 a typical Pure Mag AA build (provided you have decent gear so you can survive otherwise Pure Mag is useless) would look like this; 5VIT 406MAG 49STR 5DEX.

Now you can also restat and get 3VIT so put 2 extra points in MAG. STR is the minimum required for TT90, other gear pieces and weapons might require more so that's a matter of what gear you have or you are thinking of getting ( PWI calculator is the best place to try it out).

If pure magic build makes you too squishy to survive I'd suggest to keep your current gear and build until you hit lvl100. Then you can work towards getting better gear (eg. R8 for the start and then farm G16 Nirvana or merchant for R9) and then restat.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The best gear overall is arcane armor, and the best build is vitality, for pvp.
  • SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear
    SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Either full arcane or full heavy. Must remind these 2 builds have a much different gameplay and their strengths and weaknesses also vary.
  • _WickedOne_ - Heavens Tear
    _WickedOne_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im full AA with vit, also did my first TW on this toon the other day. Dying is part of PVP or Wars but my toons seem to survive better statted this way. Its different for different people based on the way you game. I have heard of many going AA/HA and they survive sometimes better then I do. Its really up to you which build you want and what you can afford.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I kinda forgot to mention that Pure Mag is for those who can actually afford to gear up their toon well enough to survive otherwise Vit-Mag would be the next option but I don't have that much experience on PvP so others may know better.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1v1:
    Full mag. +8+10 refines. citrin/garnet shards mixed. or josd if you can afford. or vit stones if you can't afford josd.

mass pvp:
    Full vit. same shards.

If you want to take part in both 1v1 and mass pvp try mag-vit build to decide what you lack more, survavability or attack. After all it depends on how much you are ready to spend on your equips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm a Heavy Armored veno, and from experience, I've gotta say I'm not restatting to arcane at all. My defense is ungodly. My damage is low, but I make up for that with stacking debuffs. I can not only survive melee mobs easily, but I can tank, and even solo instances up to 79, and I haven't tried higher yet. I'm not quite level 100, but I'm going to enjoy farming my nirvy and being even more OP. HA fits my playing style. I can aoe a group of mobs, get ganked, and pick them off one by one. They don't stand a chance most the time, and it's not even fair. And later on, when I'm strolling around in t3 nirvy, I'll be even on the playing feild with all these rank nines. And to cope with my magic defense being low, I use strong refines on magic ornaments. It's an expensive built, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Full Arcane only for Pvp plz. Venos dont have any of those jump and reduce distance skills like sins to get close and kill in melee. If u go heavy or LA your survivability against Sins, BMs , Barbs may improve but any full AA class will nuke u from a distance. A full AA veno with good channeling can kill fast from a distance.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A full AA veno with good channeling can kill fast from a distance.
    HA veno also kills from a distance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Amea - Heavens Tear
    Amea - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay, I'm going to speak up for the LA venos here.

LA is a balanced build, and I have to admit, I die a lot. But I also crit all the time. I was LA from day one simply because I liked the way the armor looked, and I've never looked back. If you refine your weapon and get a mix of pdef and mdef ornaments, you can survive fairly well and still do decent damage. Refines make up for whatever hp you lose from not being a vit build, and you don't have to shard garnets or sapphires to make up for loss in defense (unless you want to). Veno is a very dynamic class and I really think you should stick with what you are comfortable with. Can't say one build is better than another because they're all plausible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be no darkness without light, for without the other, the first cannot be understood. They always work in perfect balance.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    go AA, dont focus on vit build, get nirv gear, reach at least 6k pdef and decent hp and u r fine.

ofc we tealking about refines like +8- +10.

Your hp should be over 8k at least. the higher, the better.

then you should be okay.
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having a LA veno myself, I can say that it's a great build if you know what you're doing. Of course, you have a sort of crappy defence to begin with but mix that with the right ornaments and it's viable. For example, when I have my TT90 gears on, when I'm no using the morai gears of course, I can get 11k pdef and still have around 7k mdef while in fox form. I agree it's not the best build there is around but the damage is sweet, the crit rates are epic for a veno and you're pretty much a hybrid between melee and caster. I think I've already hit 60k crit while sparked in fox formb :shocked

But of course, that's strictly my opinion. I find AA dull because I don't like to hide behind my pet. I do most of my quests without my pet (and I still look epic while doing them XD). And I think that you sacrifice way too much to go HA so I wanted a balanced build so I opted for the LA one. I never looked back since lvl 1 and I plan to go endgame as a LA veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • alfie03
    alfie03 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For end game the only build is AA since this is the only R9 option not to mention R9S3. You can add vit to this for surviving TW or NW as a support veno but if you want to bring down the big boys solo you need high damage so get your refines way up and put everything u can into magic....otherwise you will never kill an end game bm or barb without help.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Please do not post in threads that were last posted in a month or more ago. This is called a necro and it is against forum policy. Thank you.b:thanks

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.