"Factions"

Options
Black_wolve - Sanctuary
Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Ok as i sit back and wonder wth is going wrong on pwi i got talking to a few people i know who live in the area where iam we had coffee spoke and it came up "Factions"

It seems now that players will only join a faction that already has a base and as we sat there chatting the topic came out "Factions" .

Now i don't understand why every one wants something for nothing but the way we play as we had always play that if any guild was made it was built together by every one that join that guild it was built as a family/friends guild .

But now it seems that it's a race to see who has the more players who has the most land but yet as i see in world chat a lot of people are looking for help i ask where is your guild why ain't they helping you?The same thing i hear is they have no time to help or there to busy then my question is why would any one join a guild that can't get any help?

The true meaning of a guild some of you should know this if you had played any mmo game that it takes every one in that guild to build it and every one should help one another that is what guilds are .But every day goes by same old **** i had players tring to beg for coin,ask to kill a boss or 2 but yet they belong to a guild i spoke to maybe a couple leaders i have to say they where no older than 18 -25 all i get is disrespect from them so is this how pwi is now?

Not help there faction mates etc? Well iam so glad when i made mine it was made from scatch People don't get it if they want a base then help out together and build it together thats the way it is.For those who keep asking me what Aniwaya is is a real native american name it means wolve clan sense i have some cherokee blood i made the faction based on it.

But not to make this topic big like a book but if any of you have factions you really need to start helping out your mates unless you rather not care about them or your guild thats up to you.
Post edited by Black_wolve - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    But not to make this topic big like a book but if any of you have factions you really need to start helping out your mates unless you rather not care about them or your guild thats up to you.

1. Just cause someone is in the same guild as me... that doesn't by any means mean that I like or even want to be in the same room as them. All that means is that I won't go out of my way to kill you.
    2. I had guildies asked me for guild discount on stuff that I was selling... only to have me see them on the opposite side in TW a couple weeks later. Not worth my time to gear potential opponents.
    3. I just don't have time to help every joe/jane out there. I help those who I know or are nice to me.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    about the getting help part, remember not all players recide in the same timezone, in the faction i'm in, it's a mix of european timezones and eastern/western US, that can make it a challenge to make a good fx. bh69/79 pure faction squad, not many ppl would go in without a cleric, and if none is online in faction, you either wait and hope or wc for one ;)
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • bankersbucks
    bankersbucks Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am curious about how one gets into a guild.

I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago. My character is currently level 32, and so far the game has been almost entirely solo play. (The exception to this being having to fight to kill my own mobs without someone else coming up and killing them for me.)

I was messaged once about joining a guild, but when I replied, I got no further responses from the person.
    I did find a guild that I liked the name and Icon of, but was unable to get a response from messaging the member I saw. I looked the guild up on Core and applied there, but have not yet received a response.

I see many people advertising for guilds in the open chat, but they are all looking for higher level characters. Are there guilds for low levels, or is there a minimum level that the character has to achieve to be able to join one?
  • Dreao - Harshlands
    Dreao - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well, some guilds require you to be a certain level for you to join them, just watch WC, guilds usually recuirt there.

For example

Dreao: (Faction Name) Recuirting 90+ for FC/BH/TT/PK/Trials and much much more!

Just look for stuff like that, people may say all lvls. others may say like 30+
    From start to bull****

-Perfect World International
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago. My character is currently level 32, and so far the game has been almost entirely solo play. (The exception to this being having to fight to kill my own mobs without someone else coming up and killing them for me.)

I was messaged once about joining a guild, but when I replied, I got no further responses from the person.
    I did find a guild that I liked the name and Icon of, but was unable to get a response from messaging the member I saw. I looked the guild up on Core and applied there, but have not yet received a response.

I see many people advertising for guilds in the open chat, but they are all looking for higher level characters. Are there guilds for low levels, or is there a minimum level that the character has to achieve to be able to join one?

You can join a faction even with lvl 1. The problem is, on the old servers there are hardly new players and most of them might see you as an low alt. So they might refuse to invite you because they think as soon as you join you will switch your characters and be not activ on the old char. Many factions are doing higher instances, pvp and so on that a lowbie had nothing else from the faction than high-lvls doing their stuff (No squads on your lvl ). Most of them have higher lvl range so message them to inv you is a bit rude. First ask what the requirements are.
    And since lvling became that easy, you can lvl fast to 60/70+ without factions to show that you are an active gamer and joining one will become much easier.

The thing i hate on factions is the fact that it doesnt matter if youre active and helping everywhere, if you dont use ts (even while normal questing) people ignore you and whatever you do, it doesnt count unless they hear your voice. That really pisses me off.

I usually help a lot, especially newbies. But the higher their positions are, the more arrogant they become. And im sick having people above me telling me how the game works just because they are friends with the leader - even if they know the game for only half a year and spending most of the time with buying fashions from the CS because they dont know how the AH works.

Seriously, one of our marshalls told me and a newbie veno that magic isnt important for a veno, she should use vit most - Str doesnt matter at all

b:spit
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lucrecia, seems things goes very bad on Moma - once considered to play a bit there, suits my time zone better xD

but heard similar things about officers as Lucrecia describe, but also the opposite, with officers beening very helpfull and knowing their own class very well and with a lot of knowledges about other classes and the game too.
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

For the people answering maybe they was AFK or just not sociable.

As previous people said just watch the world chat and maybe you gonna see a faction that take all level. I know on HT there's a few factions taking all level, 30+, 40+ and 50+, but yes more and more the factions take all level.

Maybe you are on a dead server where there's just AFK high level.

At your level it's not too late to try a other server. I created a new char on a new server the 31th October and I'm already level 56, I didn't power level, so at level 32 it's not too late to start a new char on a new server.

@OP: We cannot force people to be helpful. Some old players helped a lot in the past and just take it easy and do their own stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To OP: I used to help random people out when i was farming herbs, questing for things. These days people are very rude and they make the game experience quite bad if you help them, basic etiquette and decency is missing. I only help my friends/faction members now.

If i ever get a Mysterious chip reward for bh, i help the first bh 69, 79 squad i see that day, but that is getting rare to, because people still do not say thank you, they do not have friendly chats, the squad members are more than ready to call each other names, paste labels. I don't like being part of such groups, so i stay away from helping.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well, what you've stated is (partially) why I stopped bothering to look for a faction, OP.
    Still, one cannot always rely on them for assistance. Making their own squads is something they'll have to learn to do when all else fails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Different poeple look for different things in a guild. Some look like you to build a kind of family. Others look for TW, just a place to get their required stuff done till they hit 100, just the base structures for specific buffs/items, the base for the exp from the quests, for players of their lvl range for specific instances, trials to get r8r, etc.

These days, I mainly notice 2 trends to join guilds in general. First being TW. Second being pure interest (getting help mainly) so they can get to r9/g16 and join the first category. Ofc, there are others. But I feel like most are like that now.

Some old players helped a lot in the past and just take it easy and do their own stuff.
    To OP: I used to help random people out when i was farming herbs, questing for things. These days people are very rude and they make the game experience quite bad if you help them, basic etiquette and decency is missing. I only help my friends/faction members now.

Pretty much my case, and why most of my characters are factionless. I got a bit tired of poeple turning into ***** as soon as they got what they wanted (like gear or a lvl). For instance, I've never been picky for nirvana, but when wanting to come with my barb there is suddenly no place in their squads or I have to link weap/aps/**** b:angry I also found out that, instead of offering to help with some OP high lvl, proposing to come with a toon that needs the same thing makes them less needing for help.

So yeah, I'm a big pessimist when it comes to that stuff. I do most with my friends who don't give a damn about which toon/gear I come with. If they aren't on, I can solo my own stuff most of the time. I rely more on fl then on faction really. I used to be very helpfull, but now I first wait for some proof that it's not just a 1-way road.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I tried a couple of factions and the break down of your average faction was:
    A couple people who always helped
    Some people that occasionally helped
    People that only spoke up when they needed something
    Moochers begging for free items (and got kicked very quickly)
    Faction hoppers
    People who were in, you saw online but never heard from.

And every faction was always drama, drama and more drama. After a while I got sick of it and decided to be without a faction. I just WC for anything that needs a squad or higher level. I always thank the people who help and now that some of my toons are higher I drop coin for the person who helps so they can repair their gear. So far I've had no problems playing this way.

Though I did end up making a dummy faction because I would constantly get random faction invites. So I'm currently in a faction that is just me and my alts and I have to say it is the best one I have ever been in. Everyone gets along great, no drama and we all share everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    only to have me see them on the opposite side in TW a couple weeks later. Not worth my time to gear potential opponents.

Ya that happens too often :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    All the help issues can be drawn to two cases, one where they expect you to help with everything (and everything is: get their gear, give free stuff, basically treat you as their errand boy) and what`s most annoying, immediately when they ask, second is, even if you help them, etc, when most of them reach higher level, they just leave to bigger, stronger, tw factions and all the effort you have put in building them up is in vain, it`s basically a spit in your face, thx for all your help, toodles.

And when I browsed though some replies, I save some people already suggested that it is very rare these days to come across a genuine new player and not an alt whose main sits in another faction, before I even bother to help someone I give it some thought, nevertheless, I like to help people with advices or just random questions, but not with previously mentioned things.

Have been in several factions and seen many people brought up and then they basically thrust a dagger into your back, bottom line is, the community has become garbage, now every low level expects you to power-level them, I`m just generally sick of PWI`s community, and you can judge by that from the mature and fascinating world chat conversations, if you can even call them conversations.

End of rant/
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    my 2 cents on this thread being...
    i am here for a long time - i helped and was helped
    i still do help. mostly to my friends on FL and not even to all of them.
    I got sick and tired of helping people in "guild" then to see them in other guild in a week with lvl we help them to get and gear we helped them farm.
    So i help me and my own and they help me. If no one is on i can solo most stuff b:pleased
    i do trials in guild but i mostly don't need em, i'll log to help in BHs if i can but i wont go out of my way to help a person in guild i don't like ( or is known as guild hopper).
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Not in a faction at the moment. And I've considered starting my own, but then reading this thread has changed my mind.

All of the factions I have been in though have not wanted to "race" to the top... However the members that join are usually looking for something specific and it usually one thing: FCC. Let me tell you something about those "take me to heads" people for any aspiring fac leader or current leader: It's not going guarantee they will stay in your faction and be a good contributor. They will leave anyway to go with some "high powered" TW faction. The good news is, the veteran TW facs can weed out hyper high levels pretty easily...

The people that need help don't like to tell you EVERYTHING they need help with. If they say they need kong killed, when we get there and kill kong, he or she then reveals that they have 4 more other bosses to kill. Like they don't care if killing kong was all the time you could spare. When it comes to FBs I stopped caring about them being tabbed, I'll kill the FB bosses right off the bat. I been burned by that enough. They just wont tab and I guess cause they saving it for their friends. If the main stays(people that been in the faction long time) don't help the "new members" in a way that benefits them, they will leave. The fastest I've seen someone leave a faction was 20min. I believe this is why I see many factions in game but never see them recruiting, maybe they feel its not worth it anymore?

Then you have the most irritating kind of player on the entire earth in video game history. The player who ******* and moans about not getting any help, when just minutes ago you held their damn hand for several hours(I find myself doing long help EXCURSIONS. Yall know yall been through this too) through many bosses and many instances. Apparently they feel they are not able to do *anything* by themselves and that someone of their level is not sufficient enough. It must be a high level player. As we're stuck with the stigma of being bored with nothing to do, I suppose they assume we sit in arch all day. Nothing feels more terrible than spending YOUR FREE TIME babysitting someone, only for them to ***** and moan later because no one was available to oh I don't know.. SOLO CHRONO.

Its that kind of thing that makes very helpful people convert into the less helpful. I too struggle with retaining my helpful nature.
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Its that kind of thing that makes very helpful people convert into the less helpful. I too struggle with retaining my helpful nature.

I see your point, but i think helping others is a duty for every faction member someone asks and you have time. For me, i hate seeing someone who needs help in faction (or sometimes its myself asking if someone wants to go fc/bh/ etc ), especially someone who rarely asked for help and did everything alone, never asked for gear, and they just dont answer. They could at least say they have no time.

Typical situation:
    The faction chat is always lively, but if someone asked for help no answer.
    Even more funny, when the person waits about 2 mins they start to talk again.
    And the best thing: They are all chatting around in arch, but are too lazy to help a lowbie killing a boss or doing a fb for someone who asked for help since a week.

I think many people leave their faction by the time that faction starts to become a juts-talking-faction, where nobody does anything else anymore. That usually happens when the lead is changed.
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Different poeple look for different things in a guild. Some look like you to build a kind of family. Others look for TW, just a place to get their required stuff done till they hit 100, just the base structures for specific buffs/items, the base for the exp from the quests, for players of their lvl range for specific instances, trials to get r8r, etc.

THIS.

I think the problem with many people is that aggressive recruiting has created some rather unrealistic expectations about what a good faction is suposed to do. Now, I'm an officer in a small guild that's primarily friend oriented. We do try some recruiting and face a lot of the challenges described in this discussion. New guildies that ask for help with soloable stuff, even collection quests, that spam faction chat asking higher levels to solo FCC for them, that want to be given TT mats and gear (and they're sometimes very specific about what they "need") but who refuse to do farming runs. But have a higher level ask for help with something as simple as opening TT or a bh for one of their low level alts and these guys are suddenly very busy. A lot of people are just using us to gear up and level so they can later join a TW faction (and its alright, we do understand) but seem to think they're entitled to take without giving anything in return, not even contributing to keeping faction chat lively and fun. And God forbid we try to train those we realize are noobing up our badge. Not complaining here, those who do stay find a lot of very awesome players (you wouldn't know it looking at us, but we do have more than a few heavy hitters) and a relaxed, friendly and supportive environment. And we are certainly not in it for burning ourselves out trying to meet every demand a random power leveler thinks they're entitled to make.

But that's the thing, when complaining about guilds there's plenty of people who fail to realize it's THEM who are largely responsable for making their faction what they want it to be. Factions in which a core of dedicated players are just exhausting themselves trying to meet the unreasonable demands of the "gimme" crowd are just asking for trouble. It comes down to the simple fact you have to be capable of pulling your own weight in whatever faction you're in. Competitive guilds I've been in are usually very demanding in terms of activity level and contributions, they're right to be so. And there's also factions that are little more than chat channels where you'll never be asked to go through any trouble. You have to decide what is it that you're willing (and capable) of giving BEFORE you go asking others. And sadly enough I think a lot of the troubles some factions go through stem from their failure to realize this. You want to do Trials, FCC, Warsong, TT? Want to be assured you'll always get a BH squad whenever you log on? Then you better make sure you've got the gear, time and levels to pull off making this happen instead of just relying on some guys advertising on WC. Because the thing is, one way or the other, you're very likely to end up in the faction you deserve to be in.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    All the help issues can be drawn to two cases, one where they expect you to help with everything (and everything is: get their gear, give free stuff, basically treat you as their errand boy) and what`s most annoying, immediately when they ask, second is, even if you help them, etc, when most of them reach higher level, they just leave to bigger, stronger, tw factions and all the effort you have put in building them up is in vain, it`s basically a spit in your face, thx for all you help, toodles. But I'll join here with my alt so I'll still be around (and get my alt lvl'ed and geared up)

You forgot a part at the end b:avoid
    Typical situation:
    And the best thing: They are all chatting around in arch, but are too lazy to help a lowbie killing a boss or doing a fb for someone who asked for help since a week.

In that situation, just try the following answer "My *insert random class* also needs that boss ! I'll switch and we make a squad". 80% of the time, the person suddenly doesn't need help anymore. Or even better, when they need something in TT. Last time someone needed help in TT 2-2, "I can help" (from my wiz)... no reply... "I can even switch to sin if you don't have much DD", then get asked for aps and judged unworthy b:laugh Out of the 5 latest TTs I offered to help, I was found unworthy for the job 4 times.

In short : it's the reactions of those I helped, or offered to help, that made me a bitter unsocial *** towards all those who aren't on my friendlist and a lot less willing to help those I don't know personally.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah heaven forbid you try to make helping them a learning experience/funner for them by not making it a 5 minute job. But I never minded helping on my high level characters. Just wish I could disable the ability to have my gear checked. I hate being associated with what I'm using.
    I see your point, but i think helping others is a duty for every faction member someone asks and you have time. For me, i hate seeing someone who needs help in faction (or sometimes its myself asking if someone wants to go fc/bh/ etc ), especially someone who rarely asked for help and did everything alone, never asked for gear, and they just dont answer. They could at least say they have no time.

Typical situation:

I think many people leave their faction by the time that faction starts to become a juts-talking-faction, where nobody does anything else anymore. That usually happens when the lead is changed.

I hadn't gotten around to the bad faction ethics yet. I was tired and went to sleep as soon I finished typing that heh. You covered the core bits though, those are the 2 biggest things. I'll throw in that they'll all seperately get BH100s without asking each other, or, start their little circle jerk and do things amongst themselves.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Empu, next time you help in tt, only use two skills. Tackling slash so mobs don't run and rib strike on bosses b:victory, you be a pro helper.

When i was gearing my main i took anyone who wanted to help in that tt, regardless of lvl/class, we had fun times, sometimes we had fail dd, but had fun. These days sadly everyone expects a free run.

I can solo fcc now in 15 minutes on my sin. I use that sin to lvl all my alts now. I earned that right after i learnt to slave away at fcc for 2 hours at 85~95. Learning how to play my class before starting fcc. I understood the pain of lvling from quests, because i did that until lvl 55, before i turned to bh as a source. If someone asks me can they come along for fcc? My answer, "is you alt exactly 40~50% on lvl 58, if not, no ty. I find if all alts are the same lvl they get 40k+ exp each. If the levels differ, lower ones get 20~30k exp. So i don't take anyone that will not lvl at my rate and that is close to 0 people b:chuckle.

For fb's, people fall asleep when it is time to tab. I can kill all fb bosses in bh 89 and below in 2~20 seconds. If people want me to wait around for them, boss goes bye bye, the culti quest only requires a boss kill. The tabs are a different quest that gives other people in squad rep, exp, spirit, that is not part of the culti, just a side bonus.
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I will help anyone in any way I can wether its strangers, friends or faction mates...as long as I get some sort of respect...even a "thank you" goes a long way. On the topic of factions, I've been recruited to several but only a small few have been memorable for someone in my level range since most are always busy doing something else and don't have any time to even give advice/answer questions when said low level is genuinely curious.

I've even made my own faction, I don't care who joins as long as they contribute...but obviously that's not good enough o.O or maybe it's cuz I'm not 100+ and I don't have this infinite pw knowledge. If the community was more like it was when I first joined..maybe I'd stay for longer periods of time instead of disappearing for 6 months
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    1. Just cause someone is in the same guild as me... that doesn't by any means mean that I like or even want to be in the same room as them. All that means is that I won't go out of my way to kill you.
    2. I had guildies asked me for guild discount on stuff that I was selling... only to have me see them on the opposite side in TW a couple weeks later. Not worth my time to gear potential opponents.
    3. I just don't have time to help every joe/jane out there. I help those who I know or are nice to me.

+1 to your post b:laugh

Many factions make being helpful and family-like their policy. That doesn't work well for everyone as there are 'high levels' that have some sort of duty to help and peeps with drama issues wondering if everyone loves them... b:chuckle

Being in a faction doesn't mean anyone has to go out of their way to help every single person who wants help - especially financially. Being in a faction, unless its a very small and personal faction, doesn't mean everyone has to like each other.

A faction should acknowledge the folks that are active and help out in their own way sometimes because those people make up the bulk of most factions.

Well some people do prefer to have factions with a small number of good friends. Those factions shouldn't be here complaining about lack of active people and land anyways.
    ~Just because no one complains about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist~
    try it out if it works for you
    b:avoid
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If the community was more like it was when I first joined..maybe I'd stay for longer periods of time instead of disappearing for 6 months

This.
    Right.
    Here.