I know sins are squishy

Kaytrine - Heavens Tear
Kaytrine - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Assassin
But I'm using full r9 + 12 and BMs are hitting me for 10k a hit... wtf?
Post edited by Kaytrine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Refine your ornaments?

Get actual defense levels?

Use p.def charms?

Get buffs?
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let me guess, the bm is alsor using full r9 +12 ?

You can make an agreement to both use TT70 +1. Then he'll hit lower numbers but it won't change the outcome.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Refining armor does not decrease the amount someone hits you for. Sure it decreases the HP lost to total HP ratio, but that's still not decreasing its amount.

The only way to reduce that amount is to increase your defenses, which is through correct sharding and refined ornaments. A +12 G16 cube necklace will give you the best defense against BMs in a necklace, whereas high-refined rings help as well. The other part is correct sharding, which means shards, such as Jades or Vit stones, will increase your survivability by increasing defense levels or all 3 of physical defense, magical defense, and health with vit stones.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Oh I forgot one, don't try to tank 3spark axes that can zerk/crit on you. b:pleased
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like how noobs thing that your armor's refine can reduce damage
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why this hate on bm b:sad, we know that good bm's are OP by default b:cute. They beat any class b:victory.

As to why the hit 10k? Zerk, Crit, Zerk+crit or a very high refined zerk critting weapon which used skills. When I hf and aoe in tw, i hit for 2~5k with lunar 95 axes at +5 on the squishier classes. That means some clerics with bad gear get one shot. If you switch that gear to r9, +10~+12 it, pretty sure you can hit high with just skill damage.
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    -Never Mind-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaytrine - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    lol sorry if I worded it weird
    I do wear full r9 + 12... and so are my ornaments. I do have a cube badge at +10 atm and a couple of +10 sky cover rings...

Its just ridiculous how much dmg BM does... the 10k was a crit, no zerk.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not surprised by this.

On my BM the hardest I've been hit is 23k (I have TT99/G15/G16 gear) by a seeker using swords. I have been hit by 18k barb regular attacks, but the hardest armageddon I've recieved was 13k (figure that one out...). This is from vit builds or sword builds against an HA user. 10k from a pure strength bm against an LA doesn't seem unreasonable.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LA defense is still garbage even with +12 ornaments. Try getting full buffs, including those pill buffs from maiden chest/tiger event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Maybe damage glitches at certain points. For LAs it's reasonable to see hard hits like so, but it's strange on how in TW I'm fighting a BM, and I go from a 6.1k zerk crit headhunt to a 19k zerk crit rib strike on the BM. During that time there were no debuffs or purging going on to the BM.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Maybe damage glitches at certain points. For LAs it's reasonable to see hard hits like so, but it's strange on how in TW I'm fighting a BM, and I go from a 6.1k zerk crit headhunt to a 19k zerk crit rib strike on the BM. During that time there were no debuffs or purging going on to the BM.

Possible that the bm put on magic marrow? Magic marrow causes 4x damage from what you hit on phy marrow, roughly.
  • Kaytrine - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Possible that the bm put on magic marrow? Magic marrow causes 4x damage from what you hit on phy marrow, roughly.

Marrow is the only reason i find BMs to be somewhat managable at this point. Physical marrow? Bramble Rage = dead. Magic Marrow? who fights a sin with magic marrow...
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    who fights a sin with magic marrow...

They're talking about TW and it's pretty easy for a sin to catch a BM in magic marrow considering the BM won't see the incoming sin and was most likely kiting all the magic DD coming his/her way b:avoid
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012

Nope, the BM didn't have any marrow on, actually. You can see the footage here. I do a 6.1k zerk crit Headhunt, and then after my knife throw I do a 19k zerk crit Rib Strike.

And as I was looking through the footage over many times, I saw that for a fraction second, basically while I was channeling Rib Strike, which is a 0.3 second channel (0.279 seconds with the -7% channel gear I have on (tome/r9 ring)), the BM got a physical defense debuff icon (same one that the Barb's Devour gives, or the Veno's Ironwood Scarab or Myriad gives).

I'm assuming that debuff did an armor break on her, which would explain the sudden jump from a 6.1k zerk crit with the sin's second hardest hitting skill to a 19k zerk crit with a rather mid-damaging skill.

But after watching it again constantly, I still cannot see how the BM got that armor break due to no animation happening to her. But looking more closely to the minimap, I notice that my squad leader was a veno, and the squad leader dot got really close to me, meaning he was in the air, and that's when a Myriad must have been dropped, but for some reason didn't have an animation to go with it.

I don't know why I analyzed that scene so much xD.

They're talking about TW and it's pretty easy for a sin to catch a BM in magic marrow considering the BM won't see the incoming sin and was most likely kiting all the magic DD coming his/her way b:avoid

On top of that, BMs constantly switch between the marrows to gain chi. But that was not the case with this one.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I'm assuming that debuff did an armor break on her, which would explain the sudden jump from a 6.1k zerk crit with the sin's second hardest hitting skill to a 19k zerk crit with a rather mid-damaging skill.

I saw the pdef debuff to. I am guessing the animation got melded in, over written or did not show up due to quick death, lag.

Often times things show up in sequence, if the death happened before the animation for armour break could activate, i doubt it will show up.

I did not see any gear switch, plus couldn't tell from the fashion b:chuckle.

If there is an armour break, that can easily turn hits into one shot. 0 pdef will leave us quite vulnerable. It's like the boss straight after exp room boss that does mdef, pdef debuff. Have a bm friend go there. Get the debuff on the bm. In a duel test how much normal hits go for. Just a thought.

Jesusisback - When i am not in the red hot zone of fighting i always go magic marrow, phy marrow when building chi. Just incase a sin pops out and decides to dd on me, i have phy marrow. Most don't have/use condensed thorn luckily. Most don't have r9+12 daggers either :P, so not that hard to survive the sins attacking. Often time there is a heads up that a sin is coming, or from an earlier fight we know a sin is sulking around. When rushing in with squad, magic marrow is always on, so quite easy. Luckily the co-ordination level in tw is not high enough that a few suicidal high dd sins are used to take out cleric, bm, veno when opposing team is rushing in. The poor cata barb will be miffed with no support heals or bm to bell buff, stun+hf people for arma.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope, the BM didn't have any marrow on, actually. You can see the footage here. I do a 6.1k zerk crit Headhunt, and then after my knife throw I do a 19k zerk crit Rib Strike.

And as I was looking through the footage over many times, I saw that for a fraction second, basically while I was channeling Rib Strike, which is a 0.3 second channel (0.279 seconds with the -7% channel gear I have on (tome/r9 ring)), the BM got a physical defense debuff icon (same one that the Barb's Devour gives, or the Veno's Ironwood Scarab or Myriad gives).

But after watching it again constantly, I still cannot see how the BM got that armor break due to no animation happening to her. But looking more closely to the minimap, I notice that my squad leader was a veno, and the squad leader dot got really close to me, meaning he was in the air, and that's when a Myriad must have been dropped, but for some reason didn't have an animation to go with it.

I don't know why I analyzed that scene so much xD.

On top of that, BMs constantly switch between the marrows to gain chi. But that was not the case with this one.

human form myriad has a very small/subtle red circle animation completely unlike the foxform rainbow animation so that could have been it.
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012

human form myriad has a very small/subtle red circle animation completely unlike the foxform rainbow animation so that could have been it.

Really? I could have sworn both were the same animation when cast on someone when I use it on my veno. And I use it very often.
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Really? I could have sworn both were the same animation when cast on someone when I use it on my veno. And I use it very often.

Nah. Fox is a giant swirly rainbow of doom. Human is a little dot that's incredibly easy to miss especially if you don't know what to look for.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Nah. Fox is a giant swirly rainbow of doom. Human is a little dot that's incredibly easy to miss especially if you don't know what to look for.

I see. That might have been it then.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see. That might have been it then.

The human one uses the same animation as the red splash you see when activating an Ironguard Powder. Probably easier to imagine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Doesn't matter what you do. Sins will also be squishy. It's our goal to keep the apponent stunned. Not stand there and let them hit you. :D
  • JustinLTU - Raging Tide
    JustinLTU - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fishes are squishy b:laugh