High Level Venomancer Pets

Options
Whipporwhill - Raging Tide
Whipporwhill - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Venomancer
Is there any kind of market for high level pets? For example, I have two crystalline magmites that I tamed at level 18. They are both level 91 currently, one with all of the herc buffs. I hear young venos complaining all of the time about having to level up pets and, frankly, at higher levels it is quite a chore and a bore. I have about 70 million into my one mag but wondered if the other, just plain with max bash is marketable. Do people look for pre-leveled pets and if they do how much are they spending?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Whipporwhill - Raging Tide on

Comments

• iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    At level 91 I would have thought people would have farmed enough for a herc by then. I personally have never bought a pet and never intend to ^.^. Being a veno and taming your own is what it's all about, unless of course you plvl.

I rarely see pre leveled pets being sold though.
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    iexze wrote: »
    At level 91 I would have thought people would have farmed enough for a herc by then. I personally have never bought a pet and never intend to ^.^. Being a veno and taming your own is what it's all about, unless of course you plvl.

I rarely see pre leveled pets being sold though.

I grind for hours, and did only 2 lvls in frost, and my pet is only around 45 its depressing
    Whip, if you happen to have an veno alt on harsh w/ a 60-70 pet i would totally buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    2. an energetic lively individual
    3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I grind for hours, and did only 2 lvls in frost, and my pet is only around 45 its depressing
    Whip, if you happen to have an veno alt on harsh w/ a 60-70 pet i would totally buy it.
    GO to cube room 4 and just alt+f1+tab it's tedious but I did it from 18-61 and it was fine :)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Unfortunately there isn't much of a market. While you may be able to sell the maggie (I would try WC on a weekend) I doubt you'll get but little more than what you invested on Bash. The problem is that non legendary pets are not really considered end game investments by much of the community, and that it would be difficult to find a buyer at the precise level range looking for the exact same pet you're selling. Most venos are decent enough to pay some small premium for pre-leveled pets (they do realize the effort that goes into it) but with what few methods for fast pet leveling are available few will pay anything beyond what they can get as income in roughly the time it takes to level them up in the cube.

The mag is also, I'm afraid to say, obsolete. The Walker gets around 300hp more and ups mag res by close to 600 (for level 100) while matching all of the maggie's other stats, so the pet is now considered sub-par, with most venos still using it either having already leveled one from before the TB expansion or choosing it because they dislike the Walker's more cartoonish style. I certainly wouldn't try selling the one with the herc buffs as you're very unlikely to find a buyer willing to match what you invested on it. The herc you can get for much less if you know how to take advantage of sales, and even at the same price comes with much more better base stats. My advice for the Bash mag is to just keep it until you find someone that needs it, most of the pets I have leveled I've simply given away.

In b4 this gets moved to veno forums.
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I levelled to 100 about a week ago.

And after a week this is what I got.

Heck I even have a lv.96 Water Pet b:kiss

Anyone can do it, just sit there and start grinding (or use the Cube room) b:bye

And seriously Hercules Pet?, that's a pet for the lols, its not like you can really make money in this game with an Herc anymore,save those 80/90M to refine your gear instead b:bye
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Options

Wow, how long did that take to level all those :o
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Levelling all my pets to 100 (or 96 for the Water Pet), was a joke compared to the other nerd-like things I did on this game,like doing 20-30 TTs a day for weeks to farm a pan gu tome for my Sin,or sitting to lv.59 for months to actually make money before levelling without having no money for skills/gear(This years ago).
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wow, that's alot of hours ^.^. Did you run solo TT's?
  • Whipporwhill - Raging Tide
    Whipporwhill - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies you guys. I wasn't complaining about leveling my pets, though, I'm a master at it. Just wanted to know if there was a market for those higher level pets.

As for a herc, no thanks. I've heard from too many 100+ herc venos that they're not all that hot end game. And they've become so over rated. And they're really really ugly to me. :) I really want a nix though.

Thanks again for all your replies, you guys are awesome. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies you guys. I wasn't complaining about leveling my pets, though, I'm a master at it. Just wanted to know if there was a market for those higher level pets.

As for a herc, no thanks. I've heard from too many 100+ herc venos that they're not all that hot end game. And they've become so over rated. And they're really really ugly to me. :) I really want a nix though.

Thanks again for all your replies, you guys are awesome. b:pleased
    True true, but if you say in WC Veno w/ Herc or Veno w/ Walker GENERALLY people will go with the herc, though I am on HT not RT :)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If the PWI Siren expansion also updates the venomancer pets to go along with gear rather than levels, then there might be a profitable veno pet market out there soon.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Land pets I don't think there's much of a market for anymore. Like others have said, most level their own. I guess perhaps sometimes rare-ish land pets (frog, cat, dog, bear etc) could have value, but nothing that really makes them worth "farming".

As a herc veno, if I could go back in time and not buy my herc... well, he was useful at the time, so I still might, but definitely less important these days.
    Also, hardly anyone ever asks for "herc veno" vs "other kind of veno" anymore... it's been a long time since anyone asked me if I had a herc when I joined a squad XD

Potentially you might make a niche market for leveling water pets maybe, or air ones, but it probably wouldn't be very profitable since merchandise would take long to manufacture, price low, and take a long time to sell.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If the PWI Siren expansion also updates the venomancer pets to go along with gear rather than levels, then there might be a profitable veno pet market out there soon.

I certainly hope not, its one thing for pets to get a necessary boost (and I know better than to expect pets will remain fully independent of gear) but to disregard levels at this point, after so many of us have invested so much time and effort in them, would be a slap in the face. For those taking their pets beyond 100+ it would be simply outrageous to have the new system working out like Mystic summons.

It would be outright provoking people to ragequit...

Fortunately I doubt very much they'll mess with the herc/nix crowd, so whatever changes are made it seems unlikely they'll mess with the relative power balance between different types of pets. Meaning base stats should remain a key factor and that, while these changes may attract some attention to veno as a class, there's little chance the pet market will be affected much.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I would suggest if you were selling level 100 Petite Sawflys or water pets they would sell.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I would suggest if you were selling level 100 Petite Sawflys or water pets they would sell.

Agreed on the sawfly. Some TW venos still use a modified sawfly when they still save up for a nix. There aren't much quests involving water pets thoughb:surrender
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have 91 Elysium Fowl.

I am officially jealous of you(in a good way). My celestial plumpfish is 83. Water grinding takes soooo long.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Is there any kind of market for high level pets? For example, I have two crystalline magmites that I tamed at level 18. They are both level 91 currently, one with all of the herc buffs. I hear young venos complaining all of the time about having to level up pets and, frankly, at higher levels it is quite a chore and a bore. I have about 70 million into my one mag but wondered if the other, just plain with max bash is marketable. Do people look for pre-leveled pets and if they do how much are they spending?

About once or twice a month Someone will WC about hoping to be able to buy a (high lv) Glacial Walker on {HT & Archo} Servers; but I haven't heard anyone asking too buy any high end Magmite pets in ages, sadly....

Most the veno's who want a back-up land pet for their Hercs ~ tend to go for Glacial Walkers now a days...b:thanks
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Moved to veno section.
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    About once or twice a month Someone will WC about hoping to be able to buy a (high lv) Glacial Walker on {HT & Archo} Servers; but I haven't heard anyone asking too buy any high end Magmite pets in ages, sadly....

Most the veno's who want a back-up land pet for their Hercs ~ tend to go for Glacial Walkers now a days...b:thanks

I use a Shadou Cub as my back up. Mostly because I had that as my main land pet with a Glacial as back up for it... And the Glacial fell behind too far for me to bother leveling it at the time. I'll probably pull him back out of storage sometime soon though. He's been with me ever since level 19...
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I levelled to 100 about a week ago.

And after a week this is what I got.

Anyone can do it, just sit there and start grinding (or use the Cube room) b:bye

And seriously Hercules Pet?, that's a pet for the lols, its not like you can really make money in this game with an Herc anymore,save those 80/90M to refine your gear instead b:bye

Aww.. how did you x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yeah my low lvl veno would like to know that too - at lvl 38, my magmite is falling a bit behind allready
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    At level 38 any pet should be holding up as long as its main aggro skill is properly leveled, your maggie's already got lvl2 Bash, and you should be able to upgrade to lvl3 at 40. If you're having aggro issues with it you're likely using a uber wep so you can probably afford to level Sandblow and try using that on top of Bash. Under normal circumstances even a pure mag build shouldn't be having much trouble with an at level magmite, keep in mind most of the venos complaining are 100+ using a Jones and a +40 attack level wep on a herc (which only gets 1 dmg skill) so it is a rather different scenario...
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It was/is more that aspect of getting that many pets up in lvl, without camping in Cube room 4 the next half year ;)

Keeping aggro on my magmite isn't a problem at all - using a quest reward weap, Trial petaka, so no uber weapon, but planning a upgrade at lvl 43.
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    At 8x it takes me something like an hour of solid grinding to fill my pet's xp bar so it isn't that bad. At your range it should be much more easier. Cube of fate is for catching pets up, not keeping them at level, and you shouldn't even be having pet leveling issues at 3x unless you're relying a bit too much on bh or FCC. Quests are more than enough to level fast at that range, net you a profit and should certainly keep at least 1 pet up to level...
  • zedricclutt
    zedricclutt Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i suggest better go play mystic since no need to lvl pet, hahaha great damage and great healsb:victoryb:dirtyb:dirty