Curious question for those of you who switch fashion alot.

Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Probably a stupid question too, but I'll ask anyway.

Do you actual plan out in the preview box from the boutique, what you're going to wear, before buying it?

I might sit there for hours before I finally put something together that I like.
Post edited by Alsiadorra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes I do sometimes! It's actually quite fun just playing dress up in the preview :)
    Here is what I want for when I charge some gold in next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I do often enough but sometimes I also don't. Depends on the mood I'm in. Especially since I stalk other people's fashion often enough when I see something that catches my eye.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tend to spend forever in the preview window. b:surrender

Even when I can't really afford fash I go there, testing out colours and combos. I remember how I didn't mind quests where I had to fly somewhere that much, cos I could just sit and work on fash combos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:surrender I may not really get fash that often, but yes I do sit there and plan out what I want eventually. All the time. Lots of times I'll do it while sitting in BB, or waiting for people to get back from being afk, or while flying from place to place doing dragon quest.

Unfortunately the preview window gives me lots of false hopes. Someday, I'd like to think Fondlemore will have his purple hustling set, but it probably will never happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary
    SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I always plan out what I want to buy from the boutique, along with how to combo it and give a look that I love :3
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I usually see what I have first, then mix and match what I have to what I don't have in the preview box. Sometimes I use other peoples combos for my own inspiration.

But yes, I definitely won't buy something until I check it out in preview to see whether it would look good on my toon first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ofc!
    It's window shopping for me since I don't spend gold anymore.
    b:chuckle
  • microalgae
    microalgae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Definitely! I really wish they would make the preview bigger though, because sometimes it's hard to tell how much you'll like it until you actually get it. Especially for head fash. Ah well. But yeah, I always plan an outfit before getting it.
  • Amily_Alaine - Raging Tide
    Amily_Alaine - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, sometimes I go out by catshops in West and play dress up on preview screen.

It's dangerous tho if i see something I like I end up broke.
  • Amily_Alaine - Raging Tide
    Amily_Alaine - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    microalgae wrote: »
    Definitely! I really wish they would make the preview bigger though, because sometimes it's hard to tell how much you'll like it until you actually get it. Especially for head fash. Ah well. But yeah, I always plan an outfit before getting it.

Ya i really wish they'd make it where you can zoom in on your toon like you can when you customize it. :(
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012

Unfortunately the preview window gives me lots of false hopes. Someday, I'd like to think Fondlemore will have his purple hustling set, but it probably will never happen.

Yeah this here. I tend to not concern myself with color too much as a lot of the good colors are very rare to get with random dye.

Edit: And it doesn't necessarly have to be bought from the boutique. Just that its the only place you can try out combos.
  • TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary
    TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yup i sit there in preview windows and try on like everything then mix and match until i find something i really lilke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't switch fashions alot butI use the preview screen if I see something catch my eye.

I agree with the screen bring too small...b:sad
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, all the time. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I spend HOURS for BOTH my barb and my veno in the freaking preview window.
    Very entertaining when in a squad wipe lol. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I sometimes do, and I'm male. >.>

Though not hours.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, I spent quite some time to preview the outfit, mix and match them, try different colors and so on before I decide which pieces and which color I'm gonna buy.
    Also, I took sometime to decide which outfit look best on which class/character because the way character stands can affect the look of the outfit.

I'm an outfit addict xD
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Infie - Heavens Tear
    Infie - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I do, but mostly when I'm bored waiting for my squad to port in or while flying.

Often I end up buying something completely different than I originally planned, but then again I'm not much of a fashion addict compared to some, so I rarely buy fashion. I prefer to have one completed dyed set and buy other matching pieces whenever I find a good deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[ ♥ My Characters:
    100 Mystic - retired
    101 Assassin - current main
    9x Seeker - future main ♥ ]
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It happened that i went afk during a lowbie-training run for my fac in fc because I JUST noticed the perfect combo for my myst and cleric b:avoid but i apologized

I spend hours in the preview window with different styles of all my characters-but i dont buy many clothes because they are pretty expensive (at least those i like) and i dont have the money to buy them,and really no money to dye them the way i want

Oh and Im a male too ...b:laugh
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Probably a stupid question too, but I'll ask anyway.

Do you actual plan out in the preview box from the boutique, what you're going to wear, before buying it?

I might sit there for hours before I finally put something together that I like.

Here is a tip...fly while you are questing, not only do you save coin, but also have more time to preview fashion...this way you are multi-taskingb:victoryb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiare - Lost City
    Tiare - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I always play around when i have some time in the preview window. I like to know what im buying and what color i want b:laugh
    b:bye
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I always spend a while in the preview window.

I've wasted a lot of coin on fash over the years, that I barely wear or end up reselling.

Currently I have an outfit I'm kinda set on. Gloomy Noir boots and bottom, Demure attendant top (blue flower), Pink shining feather sleeves, and Fabala Braid.

Though since ini edits I ditched the braid in favor of TB hair #11. Red hair and violet eyes.

I sometimes go back to my pink leopard top, leopard wave, pirate bracers, purple goldfish boots, and violet red leather pants.

But I have tons of fash stashed on my first 3 characters I haven't been able to sell/or wear in a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I always preview fashion. It's just like window shopping.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Here is a tip...fly while you are questing, not only do you save coin, but also have more time to preview fashion...this way you are multi-taskingb:victoryb:pleased

I think I'll do that when Im doing the WQ.
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I spend so much time trying out different fashion combinations, especially when I'm just sitting around arch, that it's not even funny. I'm something of a fashion addict. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm terribly pick about Fashion, but normally I always preview it before buying anything, on the rare occasion that I do, but once I've bought something I always wear it at some point, just depends on my mood I guess. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have 200 pieces of fash on my main. And over 100 more spread between other toons. I just make my own outfits from my personal stash, don't need to use preview window :p b:pleasedb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I always spend a while in the preview window.

I've wasted a lot of coin on fash over the years, that I barely wear or end up reselling.

Currently I have an outfit I'm kinda set on. Gloomy Noir boots and bottom, Demure attendant top (blue flower), Pink shining feather sleeves, and Fabala Braid.

Though since ini edits I ditched the braid in favor of TB hair #11. Red hair and violet eyes.

I sometimes go back to my pink leopard top, leopard wave, pirate bracers, purple goldfish boots, and violet red leather pants.

But I have tons of fash stashed on my first 3 characters I haven't been able to sell/or wear in a long time.

Not to be horribly mean but... Those outfits must be hideous... post screen shots lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I have 200 pieces of fash on my main. And over 100 more spread between other toons. I just make my own outfits from my personal stash, don't need to use preview window :p b:pleasedb:chuckle

Wow, I thought I was the only one that had a maxed out wardrobe and a half full one on another character.

Fashion freaks unite!
  • PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
    PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I use the preview a lot, but it really is not big enough to see well. I have some very nice friends who lend me their fashion so I can try it out for a little while while deciding if I have to save up to buy a set for myself. I save lots of time and money this way. I try to return the favour too, now that I finally have a little fashion myself. It is in fact turning out to be some of my best moments in pwi, being with a friend, trying each other's fashion out. b:pleased