Faction Suggestion

Options
AslansChild - Sanctuary
AslansChild - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Suggestion Box
I had the idea of implementing a faction announcement tab into the game. For example, a faction's leader, director, and marshals (possibly executors) could post on it announcements for the other faction members to see. When any member logs in there could be an icon on the screen that flashes saying there is a new announcement. I and many I have asked and spoken with think this is a great idea since faction slogans are not often seen and not all members regularly check faction websites. This would be a very simple addition to the game and would greatly help when trying to plan for a faction event or when a new rule/announcement needs to be said. Let me know what you, the general public, think! b:pleased

-AslansChild
Post edited by AslansChild - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I agree with this. It would greatly improve coordinating faction events and let people know what's going on.

However, to keep from over-use and abuse, I'd suggest limiting it to just the Leader and Director. There are too many people who'd... treat the messaging announcement as a game. *ahem* Myself included in that...b:chuckle
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • AslansChild - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I agree with you there. Maybe there should be a setting that the leader/director can choose to select who can post. Either way, this would REALLY help a lot of people out a lot in game when it comes to organizing factions events and such. Even just a simple rule change or announcement for someone's birthday!
    b:pleased
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:victory +1 from me, Aslan! This would be a simple addition to the game, just a button addition to the faction window and some creative, yet not overly difficult coding. They've proven able to do this with the recent addition of the meditation button.

I suppose since not everyone has trustworthy marshals, having the ability to choose whomever gets posting rights would be a plus. Could come in handy for special positions like the faction bank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • AslansChild - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Could come in handy for special positions like the faction bank!

Hadn't thought of this! b:bored Then banks could post new items in stock and all that jazz! I hope I'm not getting excited over something that might not happen. b:laugh