we afk-ish need some funny animated instead of standing n change fash !!b:laugh

b:victorypleaseb:victory
Post edited by doitmuku on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hmm... a continuous dancing emote that is different for each race/class would indeed be nice.

Maybe even have it charge Chi like embracing does to incite people to use it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    in an online game which i wont give the name of but its based on a certain very famous trilogy from which there r 3 films too, in that game when u stand without moving for some time, above ure heads appears " AFK" this the thing u mean?
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    More lag?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    More lag?b:surrender

It would be set on a simple idle state change. This would be handled mostly by the client for the idle time, and then a simple flag sent to the server to initiate the idle actions. It's not enough of a data blip to have any noticeable effect on the data transmission to cause lag.

You could get a low framerate if your system can't handle a lot of people moving around, but if that's the case, you'd have a problem in West Arch, TW, and in any populated area where toons are moving, or you are moving.

I don't see it taking a huge chunk out of your FPS in any rate, unless you already barely meet the minimum system requirements. In that case, the next expansion could kill the game for you, the next patch could, when you're sitting on the edge, it doesn't take much to knock you off.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle