Please be wary of Phishing Sites!

Comments

• dreamingpurple
    dreamingpurple Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I think a better approach would be for all knowing users to run a whois on the sites and report them to the web hosting service.. I know it is troublesome.. I have done so 7 times already, but might prevent other people like the young ones (13 year old users) or gullible people who trust their friends too much from getting into a bad situation. Lets all do something for the community :)
    All 7 reports had favorable results too.. the phishing sites taken down in 30 minutes.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I agree with Xainou....
    but anyways... I liked Sihndra's post more b:surrender b:avoid

+1. i read and it was hillarious.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i may sound silly but if someone cant tell whether the site is fake or not by looking at the link then shame on them for being fooled. 2nd: any message from a GM would have the sender as GM, again if someone follows a link that wasn't sent from a GM shame on them for being fooled. 3rd: Nothing ever comes free in life therefore it wont come free in a game either, so shame on them again for expecting something free.

Sorry if i sound harsh, it may not always be the circumstance but most of the time the majority of the people who get **** are classified in number 3.
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    Cacilie - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lalalala b:laugh
  • Kirbs - Heavens Tear
    Kirbs - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There is also a person on HT sending requests to join a chat room to all catshops. I received an invite on all 3 of my shop accounts, which was linked to someones blogspot. Just don't accept that **** and you'll be fine ;D
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There is also a person on HT sending requests to join a chat room to all catshops. I received an invite on all 3 of my shop accounts, which was linked to someones blogspot. Just don't accept that **** and you'll be fine ;D

3 accounts shop meaning that u have 3 account logged same time and maybe more with account of the char you play...

Oups sorry im out topic.

But yes i continue to receive often pm about free stuff by ppl in faction, friend list and people i dunno. I think we are in a big hacking wave atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    3 accounts shop meaning that u have 3 account logged same time and maybe more with account of the char you play...

Oups sorry im out topic.

But yes i continue to receive often pm about free stuff by ppl in faction, friend list and people i dunno. I think we are in a big hacking wave atm.

Yes, there is someone who's been actively been trying to send (Phishing links) lately on the 'game & forums'.....b:cold__He's even made quite a few (thread's) on the forums page, over the last week......

So be careful if you see any threads Sporting a 'free stuffs' motiff; aswell as any random 'hyperlinks' in other normal threads; because he was dropping them all over the threads like CONFETTI Sunday!!!b:sweat

so treat any vague links like you would, The PLAGUE.....

Frankly, I'm suprised that none of the {MODs, GMs or ADMINs} Haven't dropped this thread a warning update, too you guys about it yet??????b:shocked

Me and a few of the others kept, tabs on (MR.Phisher) when he would pop up again, under (Proxy Ident's) and then would try to send word to the (MODs) so that they could find him and just 'Sterilize~the Forums' of his (Phisher stench) as they took out the trash......

but be careful, because as I said: he's apparently using (Proxy Ident's) "And GODZZz only knows, how many more hes got that he can appear under, before they find a way to completely block him........b:surrender

Also be aware that, where as, I can't tell you his (user names) he's popped up under...... I can tell you that he usually has a (username) thats usually followed by a varying amount of Numbers directly after the name, in all of the (Proxies) I've seen him use so far, so thats one way for you to get a jump on him.....

So if ya find any, suspicious thread's about {FREE STUFF} with a Username that has numerous numbers after it, you should PM the on duty (MOD) about it right away, so they can see if it really is the annoying NERFER again.....b:victory
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012

After the "bans" for the FC glitchers, I seriously doubt anyone is going to pay any attention at all to the multiclienting rule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    After the "bans" for the FC glitchers, I seriously doubt anyone is going to pay any attention at all to the multiclienting rule.

Remember, they ask for "proof" if they need to. However, based on the current ruling, and the way things are handled with this company, by all means, multi-client 10 accounts. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Remember, they ask for "proof" if they need to. However, based on the current ruling, and the way things are handled with this company, by all means, multi-client 10 accounts. b:cute

I've always wanted to know what it was like to run my own full rainbow squad. b:chuckle

Too bad it could never happen since I will never level a barb since barbs cannot be female. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Its fun to see people multi log 5 chars waiting to pick up lucid golds. Not only multi log 10 accounts but be sure to send phishing messages from all 10 while you do it.
  • e1adar
    e1adar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    However anyone who gives their name and login on any site but the site it is meant for deserves exactly what they asked for.
  • archarsnyc
    archarsnyc Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I got a Personal Message yesturday from KinG_CaL that was go to www.perfectworld.t50.us answer questions and get free stuff like me. Course at first thinking scam but wanted to check. I looked it up. I have been gone from game for almost a year. Thinking its got PW in the link it cant be too bad right i check it out. Now I cant access my original account MY MAIN FRICKING ACCOUNT OMG
  • archarsnyc
    edited May 2012
    I dont know what this Link is but dont Go to it and if you all know who KinG_CaL is or any of his alts in any other server beware!
  • archarsnyc
    edited May 2012
    I play on Momagonon server lately!!!!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    archarsnyc wrote: »
    Thinking its got PW in the link it cant be too bad right i check it out. Now I cant access my original account MY MAIN FRICKING ACCOUNT OMG

you thought wrong.

just because a name you trust is somewhere in the address does not mean you can trust it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostname

perfectworld.com is the only host you should be plugging your user/pass into

the website you posted above is actually t50,com with a sub directory named perfectworld used to scam. good luck with your ticketb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkitten
    dkitten Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    5 more days marks 1 month since my wife got ****. GMs still haven't even talked to her about items and the last response was them babbling about missing characters.... I have no idea where they got that from?

Top notch support is top notch. b:pleased

I have sent SEVERAL tickets as my account was **** twice. First stuff was taken and they tried to delete all my characters, thankfully I came back on within a few days and realised and the second time resulted in the loss of my highest character on that account since they maliciously went for her.

I recieved an email claiming I would get a reply to my ticket, and still nothing. I am furious and unhappy, especially as I had been away from the game due to laptop issues, had NO idea about this 'phishing scam' at the time until just recently when announcements were being made on the game (having said that, the 'free zen' link I had clicked came from THE OFFICIAL PWI site... whether they knew the add was there or not i'm not sure, its those pop up things you get across the top of the site (built into the page)

... and nothing is being done to help >.< ... All i wanted was my toon and items back. They meant a lot to me and its not fair that people should be punished for something they had no idea about until months later when its already too late.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    dkitten wrote: »
    ... and nothing is being done to help >.< ... All i wanted was my toon and items back. They meant a lot to me and its not fair that people should be punished for something they had no idea about until months later when its already too late.

First of all, possibility that your account was "****" is really slim. You just went on some website, entered your username and password. That's not hacking, that's giving your information.

PWE, or any other company, is in no way responsible for your own mistakes. If you don't know difference between real website and fake one, PWE can't help you there.

It is easy to make website look 100% same as offical, but people need to pay attention to address they are visiting.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ and http://pwi.perfectworld.x.com/ are not same addresses. Second one is not official.

Quick tip: look for things that comes before .com. If address isn't http://something.perfectworld.com/ don't go there.
    Last words in your address must be .perfectworld.com (and I mean: dot perfectworld dot com).
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    internet basic knowledge (total basics)
    keeps you safe in 99% of the cases

no hacking was involed in these account-phishings

get free accounts-guide: (theory)

1 copy pwi site look (a few clicks)
    2 get some free webspace (a few minutes)
    3 get a free ****-domain and call it perfectworld (comes along with 3 mostly)
    4 copy some basic codes over the net to make your database of paswords (who would make stuff themselves?)
    5 paste pwi site clone, change a few things so people have purpose to enter their password . make a shiny confimation page. done (a few minutes)

the needed knowledge in html, php etc can be acquired in afew hours

there! free accounts with lots of stuff
    only hard thing is make ppl go on your site
    so once you got one stupid person on forum to click your link and enter their pasword you can log on his char and send messages to his friends! the next people fall for it because of trust
    those who know internet basics see the scam immediately and start working against you..
    but they cant save every friend account

woh when i think about it its really easy
    only thing in the way would be... morale?
    .. or pwi staff backtracking your trades?
    i like potato
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well I know two people already hit by this....hopefully it gets sorted out soon. xD I was paranoid enough that i restored my computer back a ways and then changed all my info that i could too on both of my accounts and urged my friends to do the same.
    To get ****, one must be stupid enough to download a keylogger through questionable websites or use the same/similar log-in info for a related website such as a faction website. To get phished, one must give out their account information.
    One does not get "hit" by this; one knocks on the hacker/phisher's house, hands over their wallet/purse, pulls their trousers down, and bends over.
    archarsnyc wrote: »
    I got a Personal Message yesturday from KinG_CaL that was go to -snip- answer questions and get free stuff like me. Course at first thinking scam but wanted to check. I looked it up. I have been gone from game for almost a year. Thinking its got PW in the link it cant be too bad right i check it out. Now I cant access my original account MY MAIN FRICKING ACCOUNT OMG
    So you went against your gut instinct and walked right into what you KNEW to be a phishing scam? Dude... Words cannot describe how much I pity you and your stupidity.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • dizzysteve2
    dizzysteve2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We are constantly bombarded with Phishing Sites and inapropiate world chat because there are no GMs on the game.
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We are constantly bombarded with Phishing Sites and inapropiate world chat because there are no GMs on the game.

its not that bad , Phishing Sites in wc are damn rare if you compere at other mmos, so i am sure there always one GM lurking around during business HR, just because you don't see them doesn't mean they are not there , heck not long ago a GM did have fun on the wc on DW b:laugh
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • erosennin65
    erosennin65 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Porque no me deja crear un personaje nuevo no me deja poner un nick
  • TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary
    TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thanks for the heads up maybe some people will read this before giving out there info.and make the smart choice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Porque no me deja crear un personaje nuevo no me deja poner un nick

Dude Please, you need to post in English. Use a translator or something.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Download this -snip- u have instructions

I find this post very ironic in this thread.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why not let me create a new character will not let me put a nick
    Dunno, could be a lot of things. Depends on what error message you are getting.

1. Post in English.
    2. Post in Tech Support, and provide more information.

1. Publicar en Ingles.
    2. Publicar en Soporte Tecnico, y proporcionar mas informacion.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Isn't this just common sense? o.0 That's one reason I try not to reply to tech support over email, and instead come straight to the official site in order to respond. Maybe I could just make a "Secure PWI player guide" or something along those lines, giving some tips about keeping your computer safe from malware, etc. Guess a lot of kids aren't as tech savvy as what they say kids are these days b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    beware!!!!
  • kuroshoppe
    kuroshoppe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really? Ppl in this age have to be told not to input their username and pw on any other site than the one that they registered at? I say if you fall for a fishing scam like this in 2013.... Evolution at work.