Weapon buffs

DeepSilence - Dreamweaver
DeepSilence - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Assassin
I heard that there is a weapon buff given by corona (physical attack), anyone can give me details?

Also is it better then the seeker weapon buff (+3 attack lvls)?

Thanks
Post edited by DeepSilence - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, you can trade influence and coin in the orders to receive a rune similar to the runes you make when runecrafting that can be used to buff your weapon temporarily.

I'd say the buff difference is about the same, where it mainly depends on your previous attack levels. Other people can give you direct numbers, but in my opinion the +3 attack levels from the Seeker's buff is better due to the fact that it's free.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • DeepSilence - Dreamweaver
    DeepSilence - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think I found them, seems they cost 10 influence and you need 5000 Corona prestige to make them: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33943

I wonder if they are tradable? or at least can they be added in account stash?

I have a g16, so I already have a good number of attack lvls - 75 so I'm guessing the corona buff might be better?
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think I found them, seems they cost 10 influence and you need 5000 Corona prestige to make them: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33943

I wonder if they are tradable? or at least can they be added in account stash?

I have a g16, so I already have a good number of attack lvls - 75 so I'm guessing the corona buff might be better?
    No. Cannot be traded nor put in account stash.
    I use these often.......the only thing that sucks is when a Seeker buffs over them. Some do even when asked not to.
    Taking out the math of which is better, which will vary build to build, really it's the convenience. As bad as it sounds (and this isn't meant to sound bad for Seekers) is that you don't need to find or squad a Seeker to buff you. Just throw on one of these and get your attack boost at your own convenience.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As bad as it sounds (and this isn't meant to sound bad for Seekers) is that you don't need to find or squad a Seeker to buff you. Just throw on one of these and get your attack boost at your own convenience.

That didn't sound mean. Its practical.

I wish they had a similar buff replacement for bloodpaint Q.q Its not always worth bothering a friend to meet somewhere to get paint, or logging a second client to self buff. I always rebuff whatever class I'm on as a BH ends, but very few sins do so if the BH took 15 minutes and they had level 10 buffs by the time you turn in BH and head to your next thing their paint is about to die.

And in my experience, sins are always the last in squad. I'm one of those people who doesnt look for a squad until I'm ready to port inside. Join the squad-> get inside, right? Sins tend to be the last people there so half the time I'm waiting for a cleric or sin so I don't have to use pots but can start clearing. If they made a bloodpaint apo or bp rune I could hop in on any character and start clearing :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cotillion highlighted many of the pro's and con's about it. If you're the type of person that enjoys doing things solo, or don't want to bother friends/faction/people about getting a buff, or don't have a seeker alt for buffing, then go with the Morai runes. They're definitely worth it, even over the normal runes, as it's cheaper than the alternative rune of the same buff you manufacture.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That didn't sound mean. Its practical.

I wish they had a similar buff replacement for bloodpaint Q.q Its not always worth bothering a friend to meet somewhere to get paint, or logging a second client to self buff. I always rebuff whatever class I'm on as a BH ends, but very few sins do so if the BH took 15 minutes and they had level 10 buffs by the time you turn in BH and head to your next thing their paint is about to die.

And in my experience, sins are always the last in squad. I'm one of those people who doesnt look for a squad until I'm ready to port inside. Join the squad-> get inside, right? Sins tend to be the last people there so half the time I'm waiting for a cleric or sin so I don't have to use pots but can start clearing. If they made a bloodpaint apo or bp rune I could hop in on any character and start clearing :D

a BP rune would possibly be the biggest convenience that could be made for non sin classes that can be bp'ed. Although if they did make it i would like it if they made it at only 1% heals, i think it would be kinda pointless if you could replace a class' squad buff with a rune
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a BP rune would possibly be the biggest convenience that could be made for non sin classes that can be bp'ed. Although if they did make it i would like it if they made it at only 1% heals, i think it would be kinda pointless if you could replace a class' squad buff with a rune

I honestly think demon bp should be reduced to 1% and sage to 1.5% heals. Considering when g16 came out we went from 150k r9 dps to 200k G16 dps thats an insane amount of heals and our hp has not grown to require that anyways, nor has mob damage grown with our own damage output.

Also, the complaint that I get 4x the amount of heals from paint as I do from a standard cleric heal means clerics have become buff/bb hoars in alot of cases. This would go a ways towards game and class rebalancing.

My original hope was they'd make a base buff paint heal we can grab from our base. There are comparable buffs from other classes, why not the sins buff also? Seeker buffs we get in runes, phys def (not the same as bm or cleric, but still phys def) we get from base, a weaker titans barb buff, a weak BKI barb buff, can even get the sin rage damage buff... Its not the only class who's buffs would be available.

In Sanctuary a trend has been to avoid partying sins for Metal because they grab aggro and die and cause problems (have ran across a number of squads like this). However, this means the rest of the squad doesn't get paint which kind of sucks.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In Sanctuary a trend has been to avoid partying sins for Metal because they grab aggro and die and cause problems (have ran across a number of squads like this). However, this means the rest of the squad doesn't get paint which kind of sucks.

I noticed that, i am forced to get bp from my alt, and i hope there is a barb in squad for barb buffs. If i triple spark, that is the end of the line of anyone trying to keep agro from me. I don't mind being support, but the issue crops up while playing support i get agro from cyclone heel b:cry, squads like those make me b:angry. Because of that i exclusively go with friends only, and most of them OP enough that they keep agro even if i spark.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My original hope was they'd make a base buff paint heal we can grab from our base. There are comparable buffs from other classes, why not the sins buff also? Seeker buffs we get in runes, phys def (not the same as bm or cleric, but still phys def) we get from base, a weaker titans barb buff, a weak BKI barb buff, can even get the sin rage damage buff... Its not the only class who's buffs would be available.

And you forget the 2 pills from kissed maiden chest via dragon points. The one with hp buff is 1h lasting and gives +20% (which is quite a lot already). Yet, barely anyone uses those buffs. Even when it makes the difference between being able to tank and not being able to tank.

Tbh, I don't see much use for a bp apo. Sins and "vortex without healer" (and still, my seeker didn't have much problem soloing exp room in 80s self buffed. Just took 3 pulls instead of 2) are the only ones where bp makes a real difference. On other classes it's more convenience then need. For aoe it can be nice on bm, but it never makes a difference from can't to can do. A bp apo/rune has to be horribly cheap to make it worth the cost compared to buying crabmeats for the same amount.