Things that annoy you on the forum

Options

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    Ok, then I will do something amaze you (but only for you Venus "because you put it politely & logically too me" (Most times I like too remain writing that that way, because I also like to annoy the rude ones with it) LOLOL

I'll cut out the {bold faced type} from my normal typing areas and only keep it reserved for the more boisterous parts of it....b:thanks

I mean this sincerely & honestly Venus... I will do this for you (and only for of you) because you did try too speak to me on this matter politely over this (b:victory)(though I will kinda miss {counter-harrasing} the rude ones with it now...b:sad)

So like I said I will only leave the {bold face} for when I want to express something boisteriously, from this point on (like the next line after this one)

I wonder how many others will actually thank you for this miracle, when it comes to actually getting me too adjust this bit this day, when they actually notice it??? (b:laugh) And yes I'll hold too my promise too you.....

Thank you. I appreciate it. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate it. b:cute

Yep yw!!!b:victory
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:shocked

Amazing! I can quit having to copy/paste your posts into Notepad just to be able to read them! b:cute

YEP! Isn't life Terrifying today!?!?!b:shockedb:pleasedb:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ~Ponies

Anything to do with ponies/bronies
    [*]-people who use ponies in their posts
    >b:pleased
    The consistent "everypony" and blah blah blah pony is gibberish and should be banned...

Does this upset you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Things that annoy me about the forum:
    1. The numbered lists are not properly aligned. (Fix the CSS)
    2. There are many different punctuation marks that cause the post to be aborted.
    3. The text styling of the "preview post" window pane is smaller than that used in the actual post. This means you can't preview how your text actually looks.
    4. The "trading post" and "guild banter" forums are both totally worthless since they aren't divided by server (with 7 servers and 15 topics per page only 2 topics per page will actually be for your server on average).
    5. When the forum member page was swapped from the default page to the core connect profile page we lost access to "message this user" and "find all posts by this user"

BTW I just got power back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Niriam - Dreamweaver
    Niriam - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No report button.

Quick reply button turns on multi-quote for some reason.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    - Idiots that make modbait threads when their previous thread gets closed for obvious reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    Options
    - Idiots that make modbait threads when their previous thread gets closed for obvious reasons.

b:chuckle This.
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Does this upset you?

Absolutely not

/sarcasm

let me guess: Posting such pictures is against the forum rules isnt it ?

this is not funny, and neither are pony-pictures in every single post.
    Do you believe in life before death?
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Absolutey

/sarcasm

let me guess: Posting such pictures is against the forum rules isnt it ?

this is not funny, and neither are pony-pictures in every single post.

I don't really know much or care about the pony show, but I gotta say Euthymius' pony pictures are always relevant to the topic at hand. They typically add to the message he is trying to convey in his post. I've almost never seen them not relevant. Which is kinda impressive. Besides, ponies are kinda cute most of the time. I never really understood all the venomous hatred for my little pony. It's a pony. How can you hate it? They remind me of childhood. :P Your link just makes me sad for that poor, real life animal whose carcass seems to be only photographed for amusement. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Euthymius' pony pictures are always relevant to the topic at hand. They typically add to the message he is trying to convey in his post. I've almost never seen them not relevant. Which is kinda impressive.
    ^This.

And besides, everyone (and by that I mean forum regulars) pretty much knows by now that the link will be to a pony picture. People who hate ponies should just not bother to click the links.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ^This.

And besides, everyone (and by that I mean forum regulars) pretty much knows by now that the link will be to a pony picture. People who hate ponies should just not bother to click the links.

thats the point. i wouldnt care if it happens just sometimes for the fun, but not in every single post. Its not only him.

The problem is, his post is always based on that picture so you are forced to either ignore the post or write a funny reply. And not everyone looks at the name before he reads the post. Sometimes i think "Hey, someone posted a picture to op r9 sins?LOL" and see a ****** pony b:irritated

I tend to ignore those posts, but even if i try its still annoying. And the pony hype is no excuse, because i think if some guys here would post pictures of nice red-haired chicks in bikini every post, a lot of people would want to b:beatup them as well. Even if their face fits to the post >>
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i think if some guys here would post pictures of nice red-haired chicks in bikini every post, a lot of people would want to b:beatup them as well. Even if their face fits to the post >>

That's because a redhead in a bikini begins a slippery slope leading to pics of gingers.b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    thats the point. i wouldnt care if it happens just sometimes for the fun, but not in every single post.

That's simply the way I do things.

The problem is, his post is always based on that picture.

Backwards. The picture is either based on the topic, or what I think of it (or whatever I quoted). Sometimes even the bears they're linked to is enough of an indicator of what the picture is going to be like.

And not everyone looks at the name before he reads the post. Sometimes i think "Hey, someone posted a picture to op r9 sins?LOL" and see a ****** pony b:irritated

If I post something that isnt a Pony, I'd be sure to make that clear in one way or another.

@Venus & Tsukyini: Exactly, you two understand completely!>b:thanks

(We should probably get back on track before the mods banish this topic)

Another thread type that I find annoying are the "Should I go/What's better: Sage/Demon" threads. Seriously. That topic has been done to death for all of the classes and still it's brought up fairly often.

Such a decision should be based on one's playstyle, not what someone else tells you is superior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Venus & Tsukyini: Exactly, you two understand completely!>b:thanks

(We should probably get back on track before the mods banish this topic)

Another thread type that I find annoying are the "Should I go/What's better: Sage/Demon" threads. Seriously. That topic has been done to death for all of the classes and still it's brought up fairly often.

Such a decision should be based on one's playstyle, not what someone else tells you is superior.

Had to have a laugh at this. Stay safe, dont let the trolls eat cha while I sleep xD
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    -The "I know it all better" mentality here.
    -I really dislike ppl being elitists about grammar/spelling here.
    I give a ** about my spelling in web cuz it doesnt benefit me at all.
    -Also I dislike ponies aswell. Not only here. All Forums already are infected by those and its making me sick. Its NOT funny.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    -The "I know it all better" mentality here.
    -I really dislike ppl being elitists about grammar/spelling here.
    -Also I dislike ponies aswell. Not only here. All Forums already are infected by those and its making me sick. Its NOT funny.

Uhm.. about bronies.. I dont know what it is about them that people don't like, but I feel it's a bit much. It's just them expressing their liking for that new my little pony show, thing. It's kind of like when I was a big Morrigan Aensland fan, and I used/made avatars of nothing but her.

For grammar, I always thought people just do that to be rude. The brain for the most part will phonetically correct what you see, unless of course there are no periods, then it's a pain in the *** to read anything..thankfully there aren't too many of THOSE kinds of posters online.

That being said, I can read broken as hell english(I think it's cute), sounded out words that are obviously spelled the way people are sounding them out. Long *** run on sentences that can't decide rather or not they wanna be a paragraph. Words used in manners they aren't intended for(your and you're are the biggest examples). It's not really a big deal so long as they do their best to convey their thoughts.

Now what gets me are the ones with poor grammar trying to be grammar cops. That there makes no sense to me.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I never really understood all the venomous hatred for my little pony.
    Uhm.. about bronies.. I dont know what it is about them that people don't like, but I feel it's a bit much. It's just them expressing their liking for that new my little pony show, thing. It's kind of like when I was a big Morrigan Aensland fan, and I used/made avatars of nothing but her.

Just my view of it, as someone who doesn't particularly hate the whole pony stuff but does get a bit irritated by it every now and then :

PW has nothing to do with ponies wether it's as animals or characters of an animated show. When someone who never watched the show and has no interest in it, comes here for a game he/she plays, why does he/she has to find ponies everywhere ? Not everyone is a fan of my little pony, so having them all over the forums is a bit missplaced and off-topic by nature if you ask me.

Seeing pony pictures or pony-related titles and signatures don't bother me at all. After all, those are to say something about the poster as a person. Seeing them in troll/joke threads every now and then doesn't really bother me either. A laughing bright-collored pony changes from the bears. But seeing them in threads about gear/instances/quests/classes (wether or not it's a redundant topic) with the poster talking as a personified animated animal is just too much.

I'm gratefull how the pony-mania did good on the sin forums, that got to a desperation point and became quite a bit better after a light-hearted vague of nonsense pony talk. I'm really not a hater against ponies, the show or the fans of that show. I would just prefer not to be so confronted with it. I'm not putting my personal (not-pwi related) hobbies/believes/work in every post either.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *makes a thread raging about desdis fluffy tail* b:cute

I see what you did there! b:scorn
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    It's one of the rules. b:surrender

It should be changed b:sweat why make 2 threads if you can just continue the old ones?

--
    and also like some ppl already stated, ponies. a few weeks or months before it was so bizzare I lost interest of coming here, and now that I kinda missed the forum, I came back, and I still find them here....

like Empu said, if I want to see ponies, I'd go somewhere else, not to pwi forum.
    at least now the situation has gone better, back then before I take a break from this forum, everytime I come here I always think, "am I going to pwi forum or ponies forum??"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm not exactly a brony but I think the show is quite cute and watched some of it even. The rage about ponies in posts is just hilarious to me. I could understand it if it was a meme that is somehow offending to certain religic/ethnic groups. But some vectors of a cute pony? Seriously?

And besides that, I rather see Euthymius being helpful with her posts and funny at the same time, than some troll.

Seriously, people hating so much on ponies need to grow up. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Any post in the Psychic forums.
    Yes, any post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    It should be changed b:sweat why make 2 threads if you can just continue the old ones?

--
    and also like some ppl already stated, ponies. a few weeks or months before it was so bizzare I lost interest of coming here, and now that I kinda missed the forum, I came back, and I still find them here....

like Empu said, if I want to see ponies, I'd go somewhere else, not to pwi forum.
    at least now the situation has gone better, back then before I take a break from this forum, everytime I come here I always think, "am I going to pwi forum or ponies forum??"

Because that old thread may have old, irrelevant information. Why not just make a new one?
    edited November 2012
    Options

I will say this though. You should care the tiniest bit because you're trying to communicate with others. It's not for your benefit, it's for the people reading your post. Some posts become extremely difficult to read. And if you don't care whether or not your post is read, then why even post it? I'm not saying grammar **** aren't annoying because they absolutely can be. Especially the ones who correct your spelling while their own words are misspelled. But a bit of effort into making your post readable goes a long way.

Otherwise it's a bit like refusing to look at someone whose talking to you. IMHO. You're making it purposefully difficult to communicate because you're being rude or don't feel the need to show basic respect because it doesn't benefit you.

Of course even with eye contact, every country is different. So people who don't know any better because they don't know the language should obviously be forgiven for any grammatical errors in their post.
    I would just prefer not to be so confronted with it. I'm not putting my personal (not-pwi related) hobbies/believes/work in every post either.

It's just a posting style really. No different than colored text, 3rd person posts, or something of that nature. If you read the posts and ignore the links I think most of them are usually extremely on topic, polite, and helpful. They just contain a link to a reaction image to emphasize certain points. The same way I might bold or underline them. I think if you stopped thinking of it as just someone showing off their hobby and more like a posting style it's less annoying. I think of it as kind of the real life equivalent of someone who gestures a lot to emphasize their point. As opposed to the real life equivalent of someone who won't shutup about their hobby. Which is maybe why I don't understand the hatred of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's just a posting style really. No different than colored text, 3rd person posts, or something of that nature. If you read the posts and ignore the links I think most of them are usually extremely on topic, polite, and helpful. They just contain a link to a reaction image to emphasize certain points. The same way I might bold or underline them. I think if you stopped thinking of it as just someone showing off their hobby and more like a posting style it's less annoying. I think of it as kind of the real life equivalent of someone who gestures a lot to emphasize their point. As opposed to the real life equivalent of someone who won't shutup about their hobby. Which is maybe why I don't understand the hatred of it.

And this is my new style b:pleased
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And this is my new style b:pleased

Fine with me. Although the ponies are less annoying because you don't have to click on the link. Before I click a link, I glance at the poster. If I see it's a brony, I don't click their link if I don't feel like seeing a pony picture. You can't help but see that.

@topic

Another thing that annoys me is the special character cutoff. It seems to allow and disallow characters on what feels like a pretty random basis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I will say this though. You should care the tiniest bit because you're trying to communicate with others. It's not for your benefit, it's for the people reading your post. Some posts become extremely difficult to read.

For months, I completely ignored any post made by seitori, because I found the formatting/coloring style obnoxious and figured I wasn't missing much. Then one day during maintenance I got bored, and copy/pasted one of his posts into Notepad. I was shocked to realize that his posts were actually worthwhile to read.b:shutupb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Even though just about everything that annoys me on the forum has probably already been stated, I'd like to give my opinions as well.

Things that always annoy me are;

-People always wanting/requesting new races or classes.
    -Debbie Downers who say the game is terrible and send away new players looking for help or advice.
    -Posters who rage and rage continuously about something and do nothing but yell in all caps and cuss.
    -Fail trolls
    -Multiple threads being posted within minutes of each other asking the same. exact. question.
    -Not really an, 'in the forum thing' but, when there's an official announcement on the forum about another off schedule maintenance (like the DST one), even though it's posted about 9 hours in advance to give more than enough warning, people still rage once the servers are countdown to close saying things like "thanks for the warning GMs D:< *rageragerage* you suck blahblahblah" because God forbid they ever decide to poke the forums ever, where these kinds of official announcements are always posted.
    -Other things that I can't think up right away off the top of my head.

And I'm nor a pony hater or a lover, but I don't mind people putting them in posts at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary
    TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ^5 to post above these things annoy me the most more then anything on the forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]