Unique add

Chrisssss - Sanctuary
Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Cleric
While I thinking about r9r and the skill purfy weap add it got me thinking about r8r and that unique add and it has a chance to both have

Purify: Has a chance to remove debuff when being attacked, and immune to stun and slow, and increase speed by 200%, lasts for 5 seconds. (< IKR)
Infinite: Has a chance to recover 2,100 HP in 9 seconds while being attacked, while increasing Mana by 50 points.

So this got me thinking about having 2 seperate weaps one for cata healing during tw the other for DDing/PVP and to me it looks like Infinite seems to be a better suit for cata clericing than the Purfy skill.

Reason

Goal for a cata cleric is to get your barb into base and keep him alive long enough to damage the crystal.

So more than likley you'll be sitting there keeping DD but mostly barb purfy and healed but than you get stuned. Sure if the purfy skill kicks in you can AD and IH but most likely its in cool down and that means your surtra if you have one is to. You don't want to drop and run because you'll mostly likely get ganked. So now whats more valuable 2100 HP increase or Purfy? Any thoughts
Post edited by Chrisssss - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The infinite heal is on yourself.

All procs on a magic weapon work on yourself, and proc when you are being attacked, not when you are attacking.

If you can afford R9R, it means your HP is so high that you can survive a few hits until purify proc kicks in, releasing you from the stun. To run away abit (with speed buf from the proc), and kill whoever is attacking you. Or just run away and keep healing
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The heal isn't really the best part about the Infinite addon, it's that the 50 ''Mana'' is a localization error which should actually be ''Chi''.

It gives you half a spark whenever it procs, but the rate isn't that high from what I've heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would prefer the purify one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    The heal isn't really the best part about the Infinite addon, it's that the 50 ''Mana'' is a localization error which should actually be ''Chi''.

It gives you half a spark whenever it procs, but the rate isn't that high from what I've heard.

Really? Hmmm.....yeah I'm very far from r9r and I'm thinking about recasting my r8 and recast it until I get one of those skill. Eventually I want the r9r. It was just a thought because usually clerics are ganked when being a cata cleric. Usually I'd rather keep my heals on my barb/tank who ever pulling. So having something healing me other than my heals would be nice and appearently a chi builder.

Overall both are nice weap adds
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    uhm can the 3th recast nirvana weapons also get this ability ?
    I hate Room 38
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012

No. QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited November 2012

It gets purify spell. Which basicly means it's impossible to stunlock the owner, in turn making it basicly impossible to kill for APSers (or anyone that relies on stuns to hit a kiting person)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As Sirrobert is saying, Purify is awsome, but you need to be able to tank aps toons.
    If you can't tank 5-6 hits from a r9+10 sin, purify is kinda useless.

As for Infinite, I have no idea about this one, but it could be really interesting IF it stacks.

And you should consider the +25 def level on weapon, which is pretty awsome too.
  • TiIia - Harshlands
    TiIia - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Purify/infinite are only good if you can live long enough to trigger the effect and survive afterwards.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Purify comes into its own once the user of that stat has decent gear. See http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&page=16 bottom page, I'm working on a guide for cleric pk which discusses the purify weapon in detail. Guide isn't finished yet, fyi.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012

I'm wondering if the new 3rd cast r9r will have it?
    edited November 2012
    I'm wondering if the new 3rd cast r9r will have it?

What infinte?
    Doubt it, purify spell is way better
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Updated link to my guide. clicky

Purify spell once your gear is good enough, no question about it.

Consider that, as you are healing the cata barb, people are stunning you and what not... which kinda prevents you from healing barb anyways. Purify will remove that stun and either (a) let you keep healing barb, or (b) keep yourself alive, so that you can resume healing barb shortly.

After you die, barb is toast. Your life is just as important as the barbs, and Purify Spell will lead to greater survivability than Infinite.

2100 over 15 seconds is considerably weaker than your ironheart. The 50 chi is nice, but I'm definitely gonna say being able to pop an ironguard after purify procs puts Purify Spell ahead of Infinite.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.