Rich or poor?

Comments

• Sfrenchie - Sanctuary
    Sfrenchie - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1513291&highlight=Sfrenchie+Sanctuary

You just posted this 2 days ago. You do understand what F2P means, yes? o.0

oh joy , you can't tell im trolling?
  • microalgae
    microalgae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I used to spend a little here and there. I figured, hey, why not? It's entertainment for hours for me, it's not a bad deal seeing how most other entertainment costs more (than what I was spending) and not on my terms. Recently I bought 5k zen, which was a lot for me, and have seen it grow through merchanting. I'm not sure if I will buy zen again or not, but the way things are right now I kind of doubt it. If I had more money, I might spend, but I don't. I don't care if you CS or not - be nice, don't be stupid, and learn your role and class as well as you can. b:bye
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Let's just start out by saying that I'm a 100% f2p player and a merchant. I'm not much of a farmer. So far, my character plus my assets are worth somewhere in the ballpark of 2 billion in-game coins. Converting that all to Gold would be somewhere in the ball park of $1,000+. With that said, I have been told that I must be cash shopping in secret.
    So how much zen does everyone buy a month and what do you spend it on and why? Also, do you think being rich or poor creates a really unfair balance to the game on a pve srv? I do think creating a faction base for instance is ridiculously expensive. Right now my faction is saving up but it's slow going. Then again I think it will be more satisfying to get it grinding and farming rather then just dumping cash into the game and buying it. I also think that getting to a high level fast spending a lot of irl money isn't that much fun because you end up learning nothing about your class and how to play. But if that's you're kind of thing, again I'm not judging. You should do what you think is fun.

I don't buy zen, but if I did, I would probably put it towards something actually useful. Useful here meaning something I can sell to other players for more than I would get from selling the Gold I got from zen in the Auction House.

Also, I don't think that cash shopping is synonymous with your personal real life wealth. Some people just don't have the option because of where they live or who they are. Others just don't feel that it's necessary or have some kind of ideological basis for not cash shopping.

The thing is, cash shopping speeds up the process you take to get to your endgame gear by an unimaginable factor. It turns a few weeks of farming or a few months of merchanting into something that is over in a few hours at worst.

And really, people have different reasons they play the game and they come from different backgrounds. Someone is a busy worker in a well-paying job, another is a jobless person living on aids while yet another is a son to a wealthy person. The amount of time and money one can put to the game differs between people and the value of time and money is also different to these people. For some, feeling that you've earned those levels and that gear by farming it is what you play for. For others, they just want to get into the PvP scene as soon as possible.

And besides, the best outcome will always come from a balanced approach. If you buy everything, you end up skipping most of the game and you get quickly bored. If you don't buy anything, you might feel that it takes too long and that you're being oppressed by the constantly rising Gold prices and the high costs of endgame gear. Balance the two out and you have a satisfactory leveling speed, without it getting too boring, plus safety from being downright ridiculed for your gear on higher levels.

Personally, I don't really have anything against cash shopping. In my case, I started out playing with a friend, so cash shopping might have affected that negatively. When I realized how the cash shop was affecting the game, I started on a personal goal: I wanted to see if I could out-run the inflation caused by the sales that PWE puts out. I have since achieved exactly that, plus I have achieved personal goals which I used to think were impossible for me. And doing that without cash shopping has special meaning to me.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i used 20 euro on this game, never sold, used for rep, and a panther mount, and 4 packs altogether lol
    but why use 30 gold to buy a flyer in boutique when ppl sell for 12m lol
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    powergroth wrote: »
    The poll doesn't specify that.

try a bit of common senseb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i used 20 euro on this game, never sold, used for rep, and a panther mount, and 4 packs altogether lol
    but why use 30 gold to buy a flyer in boutique when ppl sell for 12m lol

I guess back in time that was ok, but now for some item in the boutique it's more cheap to buy from other players and for the heavy C$ that don't want to farm don't care how much they pay to get something they want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I ended up selecting nothing. Not because I've never charged, but it's not every month and I don't think I've charged for over a half year. And if you add in the total amount I've charged and part it on the months I've played I think it'll be under 2000.

That being said, your poll should have an occacionally charging option for people like me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mogwai wrote: »
    u had to buy off of others that shopped, it came from somewhere

The fact, that i've never put a single cent in the game doesnt make me poor. Being poor is not having no money, it is disability to manage them in the right way.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mogwai wrote: »
    u had to buy off of others that shopped, it came from somewhere
    truekossy wrote: »
    Not far enough. Anyone who was in squad with someone that was once buffed by someone that is in a faction with someone who has a person on their friendlist that's ever used a crab meat is no longer F2P.

Has to come from somewhere! /logic

/Logic If something has to come from somewhere, everyone is a P2P player. Everyone gets their central bank to print money, they get money and that money, some how from somewhere makes everyone a P2P player, there is no such thing as F2P /Logic.

So what if the other person was smugg? Get r9 recast, post a picture and say it was "F2P nuff said" If that is too calm try the following "F2P nuff said [insert obscenity string/s here]".
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People really are missing the levity in some of the less serious posts... b:sweat
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Spending less than 20$ a month, mostly to fash, once on a better flyer I just wanted badly, sometimes on gifts to my wife who also play this.
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People really are missing the levity in some of the less serious posts... b:sweat
    This x(High number here)
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hmm i think i spent liek 20 dolalrs in 7 or 8 months,and the bad thing about it was that lol i really didnt need to spend 20 dollars..guess i was bored.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • phisyc
    phisyc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I started to merchant with 300mil starting capital since the beginning of september,now i have about 2.5 billions.Due to my study can not play more than 2 hours per day,and i spend this 2 hours only on merchanting,i dont farm TT/Delta,didnt even farm nirvy during x2,dont even do BHs.Did not spend a single dollar since my parents do not allow me b:surrender and im only 14 years old.Planning to enjoy my whole fortune during summer holidays by buying r9 setb:thanks
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That is amazing. I do a little buying and selling, more for fun than profit but I do make a little something every now and then. I also allow myself to get 10 packs every two weeks or so and this week got lucky with a primeval stone that I sold later for 38 mil. But to go from 300mil to 2.5 bil... Wow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    phisyc wrote: »
    I started to merchant with 300mil starting capital since the beginning of september,now i have about 2.5 billions.Due to my study can not play more than 2 hours per day,and i spend this 2 hours only on merchanting,i dont farm TT/Delta,didnt even farm nirvy during x2,dont even do BHs.Did not spend a single dollar since my parents do not allow me b:surrender and im only 14 years old.Planning to enjoy my whole fortune during summer holidays by buying r9 setb:thanks

you need something like 30billion for a free r9 set.

good luck.

Edit

frank fluster? really?
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    frank fluster? really?

>b:laugh
    You so silly, V4...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you need something like 30billion for a free r9 set.

good luck.

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are liars in the poll, otherwise, PWE would have shut the game down if it was true. I chose none of your beeswax because it is none of your business OP. There is only one true way to gain coins really fast, charge lots of zen and place it into gold into PWI. Merchants can't make coin without farmers / CSers, that's a fact.

Either that or scam a lot of people.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TransFat - Dreamweaver
    TransFat - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I usually charge $300 to $600 a month to help accelerate my gameplay. I like things to be fast.
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well more hardcore CSer means PWE will make everything more expensive, thats the problem. Non-CSer had more chances to make money when PWI was young, now it can be really stupid if youre working for your money and 90 % of your faction achieve the same things with one mouseclick you worked some months for.

Sometimes i spend 10-20 EU a month, sometimes i just dont need it.
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What I find more fascinating is the obsession/fixation people have on what others spend on this game.
    Frankly..it's noone business what anyone else spends on the game. Nor any to pry into other peoples financial situations in doing so.
  • Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear
    Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and monkey smilies (yes I NEED those lol).

heeheeb:chuckle
  • phisyc
    edited November 2012
    Whoever does not believe me,he can charge zen,make a 101 sin,buy the shadow sight skill and view the inventory of my catshop in west arch on RT server,an addition i will link the screenshot of my empty payment list.And whoever said that i need 20 billions for r9 set sucks at maths.b:thanks
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whoever does not believe me,he can charge zen,make a 101 sin,buy the shadow sight skill and view the inventory of my catshop in west arch on RT server,an addition i will link the screenshot of my empty payment list.And whoever said that i need 20 billions for r9 set sucks at maths.b:thanks

As a merchant on RT myself, I am HIGHLY skeptical that you could merchant 2.5 billion coins in two months starting from only 300 mil and only having two hours per day to do it with one catshop. I myself started with 320 mil in mid August and now have around 1.1 billion coins in orbs waiting to sell and that is with farming during 2x and merching gold, orbs, and packs at the same time with my catshop logged in 24 hours a day. I'd like to know how earning over twice what I did with 1/12th of the time invested would be feasible. The state of the market on RT just wouldn't support those kinds of profits with that amount of effort and coin invested in that small window of time per day to merchant in.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • phisyc
    edited November 2012
    you can be as skeptical as you want,makes no sense for me,i have seen your catshop and noticed great difference with mine.b:thanks My name is Butcher_ if you are interested i will tell you the details in game.
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you can be as skeptical as you want,makes no sense for me,i have seen your catshop and noticed great difference with mine.b:thanks My name is Butcher_ if you are interested i will tell you the details in game.
    Why be so secretive? Why not tell us what you can possibly merchant in two hours per day to make 37 mil each and every day on average? I'll tell you why. Because with how the server is, its simply not possible to sustain those kinds of daily profits with the coin you started off with in that window of time. It'd be feasible to do if you were a billionaire already and were holding gold till its price spiked but you weren't at that time.

However, merchanting normally with 300 mil coin given the market conditions during the anni sales, you'd only gain 5-15 mil per day excluding the first few frenzy days of a good sale. You'd be hard pressed to use more than 200 mil coin in a given day even during the recent orb sale excluding the few frenzy days we had of course. The rest would logically go to buying up gold and investing. The problem is, there has only been time to do that 2-3 times if you dealt with items due to the time it takes to sell the item you picked when it goes off sale. Same story if you used gold since gold has only really spiked significantly twice on RT since September. Either way, merchanting during the sales and investing after the sales would have gotten you nowhere near those profits with the time spent cat shopping that you claim.

Here is what I did to get to where I am now. I merchanted orbs from the Dragon's fire pack back in August and switched to Anni packs in September investing at the end of each sale. This took me from 320 mil to 550 mil. I then spent ~50 mil on refines for my armor. During the recent 2x, I took advantage of our server's lack of knowledge on Neo-Diety mode and farmed ~200 mil worth of tinders in addition to merchanting 100 mil more. This put me at 800 mil.

I then spent 120 mil on the orbs needed to +10 my daggers and merchanted ~200 mil during this past dragon's fire sale before I got a +12 orb and sold it for 270 mil. A few days before I got that +12 orb, I spent 200 mil on two G16 pieces. All said and done, I'll have 1.1-1.2 bil by the time all the orbs I bought sell. Technically I could be at 1.3-1.6 bil if I didn't spend on anything and didn't farm those tinders(they'd somewhat counter eachother due to how early I farmed the tinders). The point is it required dedicated cat shopping and several lucky events to occur. I am somewhat skeptical that you could make 2.5 bil in that time, but I am far more skeptical that you made it while only cat shopping two hours per day.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why be so secretive?

It's simple, every day he buys 1k packs. He opens them, and sells something worth 50~200m for 30m. The packs are bought with real money, so he really is merchanting the things from the packs. His statement is true.
  • phisyc
    edited November 2012
    This talent is not given to everyone.b:thanksDo not blame the server only because you do not earn as much as me.Merchanting is not only buying stuff from boutique and reselling after the sales are over.All that difficult calculations you made are mere numbers and nothing else.And of course unlike you,people who have their way of earning money do not reveal their strategies.You can kill yourself with your skepticism,im not here to prove you that what i do is possible,only because i don't want to waste my time.But if you message me in game,i will tell you some secrets.b:victory
    Oh,and you did not understand what i meant in my first post.I spend 2 hours playing,but my catshop is online about 17/24,otherwise,of course,it would not be possible.
This discussion has been closed.