Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    im dirt poor b:sad
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lol i always felt rich with about 10 mil and was proud like hell when i got 20 mil (happened one time i the last few years only ...) b:sad

But I usually have about 500k-1,5 Mil >>
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When most people comment on how rich or poor they are they usually only take coins into account, so if that was the case I am only Middle-Class.
    BUT with all my coins/gear/items/materials/skills taken into consideration I voted myself as Wealthy.

It is always a good idea to find a balance between cash-gear-items so you always have enough coin to buy things, good enough gear to do things, and items to sell.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'll post a poll but here's my definition to define the wealth of your character depending on if all of your gear and coin value is worth the amounts:

Poor: Less than 10M

Middle Class: Between 100M and 500M

Rich: More than 500m, but less than 1B

Wealthy: Anything above 1.56B

if I count just the coins on my character at this moment its in the middle... if I account for gear and refines its in the rich so eh b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Letsee, if we count coins over all my alts, with that new looking sparkly poll by MageMERC, dirt poor xD

If we count my main . . . Middle class.

If we count gear + coins + skills over all toons? Still middle class xD

It's that nifty sage rez that pushes me up to middle classb:surrender
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Zhu - Lost City
    Zhu - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This poll isn't very well-thought-out.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    1k gold is going to get you no where... even in half witted TW. More or less anything under 2-3k gold geared is going to be sub par in competitive tw.

consider every +10 you have to be 100 gold, +11 to be 200 gold, +12 to be 350 gold?

every s2/s3 nirvana gear to be 50 gold, s2/s3 nirvana weapon to be 250 gold?

cube necks to be 90 gold for s1, 270 gold s2, 810 gold for s3

L6 tome - 160 gold, L7 tome 250 gold?

shards?

IDK, i think including gear, especially bound gear, as part of your wealth is inaccurate, since it isnt spendable, and is almost never worth the price you paid. you should calculate your wealth by simply adding your liquid assets (coin/bank notes) and your Easily liquidatable assets (lose shards, nirvana crystals, tokens, etc) if you include hard to sell, or bound gears in your calculation, you are deluding yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akallabeth_ - Harshlands
    Akallabeth_ - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    R9 is sub standard allready, you need a 2th recast or its worse than the 3th Nirvana Recast. One Billion wont bring you anywhere near end game gear anymore.

My defination of wealth is more like this :

< 1 Bil = poor

1 - 5 bil Middle Class

>5 Bil wealthy

>15 bil rich

Im talking about Gold or Coins here, not some Gear that cost a fortune but is bound or wont sell for the making price anymore.

1 year ago dods was like 25 mil
    In a Year from now on they might cost 100 mil each.
    Coins dropping in value pretty fast
    No Refund
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm poor in game because i like to remain rich in RL b:laugh
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    IDK, i think including gear, especially bound gear, as part of your wealth is inaccurate, since it isnt spendable, and is almost never worth the price you paid. you should calculate your wealth by simply adding your liquid assets (coin/bank notes) and your Easily liquidatable assets (lose shards, nirvana crystals, tokens, etc) if you include hard to sell, or bound gears in your calculation, you are deluding yourself.

I don't agree, as your gear is the only real investment. A simple example would be a "5.0 sin". Out of the -int gear needed, a large bunch is untradable. Without the 5.0 aps, nobody will even want that sin in nirvana or even bh these days. In other words, gear (bound or not) generates a cashflow.

Imo, wealth should be calculated on an infinate future perspective. How can you possibly say that a person with full JoSD +12 3rd cast r9 is poorer then someone with TT90 without shards ? Obviously, the 1st will be able to turn that gear into an advantage in money making. After all, in the time the 2nd person sold it's TT90 set, the 1st would have earned 2x that money in some instance while still having gear to play.

Imo, your wealth should be based on the cash you can generate in a set amount of time, without handicapping yourself for the future. The historical buy value of someones gear is a clumsy indicator, but it does show the price someone considered worth getting his gear for (and thus, considered that the gear would earn back at least that price).

You place yourself in an "end of activity" persective. You're such a pessimist b:surrender
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    im not even full r9 and fall into wealthy with the gear on my characters only

there is something wrong with ypur chart

wealthy should start at 3b imo xD
    i like potato
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I used to be middle class, but some jackass managed to get my password somehow and stole 300million from me. 2 years later I still haven't recovered from that. As a result though all my characters are passworded like fort knox. You aint ever getting into my safes. Well that was my mistake anyway for not passworded my inventory/safe to begin with.

So yeah I'm in under the "poor" status with 78 million coin.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Poor: Less than 10M

Middle Class: Between 100M and 500M

Counting just my coins I am Poor (currently got about 8m coins). Counting my gear I am... noone I quess b:shocked... It is more than 10m but definitely less than 100m, about 50m I think if I price it high. What should I choose? Poor or Middle class? I fit no of them! (Poor= 0-10m, Middle = 100-500m, 10-100m is a mystery xD)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Counting just my coins I am Poor (currently got about 8m coins). Counting my gear I am... noone I quess b:shocked... It is more than 10m but definitely less than 100m, about 50m I think if I price it high. What should I choose? Poor or Middle class? I fit no of them! (Poor= 0-10m, Middle = 100-500m, 10-100m is a mystery xD)

Haha yea the choice doesn't fit. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If PWI was life's modern economics and political ideology, then I am definitely beyond the entitlement and free hand-out, gimmee mentality.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • tgseraph
    tgseraph Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    1.56B is trivial... My sin's R9+12 Dragonflame daggers are worth more than that by themselves. TBH I have more wealth then all my poor friends combine.... x10^10e10000
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:surrender
    Where is the under 5 mil vote?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    tgseraph wrote: »
    1.56B is trivial... My sin's R9+12 Dragonflame daggers are worth more than that by themselves. TBH I have more wealth then all my poor friends combine.... x10^10e10000

What is your friends have 0 coin or 1 coin b:shocked b:shutup b:bye. All that power raising will mean nothing b:sad.
  • SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary
    SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *looks at gold sitting in counting slot*

How much is 10,560 gold right now?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I cry inside when I try to buy tokens for G7 gems okay

b:bye

I didn't even want to shard my TT70 for the cost

I am happy for every 100K I make

What does that make me, a rural Afghanistan farmer compared to you people?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

That makes you a Rock Farmer.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary
    SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I cry inside when I try to buy tokens for G7 gems okay

b:bye

I didn't even want to shard my TT70 for the cost

I am happy for every 100K I make

Not even that, because they make more than you :D
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    evil013 wrote: »
    I'm poor in game because i like to remain rich in RL b:laugh

If you think one has anything to do with the other, you are doing it seriously wrong.

If 1.56B in coins is wealthy, then I guess I am wealthy. It really doesn't feel like that much with the current prices of things, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle dam im soo por
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In earlier years in this game I was considered rich, but in this current year using your chart I'd only make upper (1/3rd level) of the middle class bracket....b:sad

Oh well, thats what happens when I take almost a full year off, before I truely returned too the game for anything more then just the daily BH runs....b:surrender

I swear though, when I did finally return (full time) too the game, I was wondering why it seemed everyone on the servers were advertizing
    ~BEER~ on their characters, when I saw {CORONA} plastered all over everyones heads..... b:chuckleb:laugh
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Redo this poll with more options so we can get a better distribution of where the value lies. I'd be less concerned with quibbling about what you term 'rich' or 'wealthy', but I would like to have all of the data accounted for, and given how many people have over 1.56bil, too many people fall under that category. You won't be able to separate the 1.56 billioners from the, say, 20billioners, even though the difference in wealth is vast.

I've been merchanting for about a year and a half and I haven't exactly hoarded my coin, and I am fairly sure I have over 5bil in coins/gold/goods. My worth as a dps user is very high, and I can solo any instance with the exception of a full warsong... just can't coordinate that many characters. There must be a lot of people out there who have quite a bit more than me, if they've been merchanting for longer than I have, which given the age of this game is very likely.

So tldr, redo poll with more options, particularly the above 1.56bil area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • kingmarvel
    kingmarvel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i like this post but its not fair only have 250 mill in gear but i have close to a billion in fashion am i allowed to put rich
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Mine is middle class b:surrender
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Funtom - Archosaur
    Funtom - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have most assets in items so I'm not sure how much all of them will worth in coins. I chose middle class as to not exaggerate the number b:surrender