Proof people are too rich

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
So I tried world chatting for a squad to take my veno the 4th wave for culti, I got 2 replies.

Heres the kicker - I was offering a million coins each to do it!!!!

TWO REPLIES. I contend that people are too rich. Oh and I'm NOT rich, just desperate to get the culti done on my veno that I been sitting on for a year.
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You're right. Today I saw someone offering 1 mil to a lvl 90+ barb for FC.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So I tried world chatting for a squad to take my veno the 4th wave for culti, I got 2 replies.

TWO REPLIES. I contend that people are too rich. Oh and I'm NOT rich, just desperate to get the culti done on my veno that I been sitting on for a year.

I got some friends I do full GV delta with daily 1-2 times for the coin and the fun unless there is TW the same day.
    I myself got a Cleric and a BM I multiclient, Cleric just needs to BB most of the time anyway.

Unfortunally hardly ppl nowadays do full GV. If GV wouldn't be a BH ppl wouldn't even know what that is.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I'm to rich also. I wouldn't come delta with a wc squad even for 1 billion. BH and FCC are the only things I do with random wc squads. For the rest, I won't go with random ppl no matter how much they offer me.

Anyway, you need a Mumu on your fl. A Mumu forces you into delta even if you don't want to. There's no refusing possible. That's how I got 4/6 culties done even though I dislike rebirth b:laugh Now Mumu got a new pink-haired toon she needs cultie on, so I'm firmly encouraged to do my cultie on 1 of the remaining 2 toons b:chuckle And well, with the right ppl, even delta becomes fun.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

That's how I got 4/6 culties done even though I dislike rebirth b:laugh Now Mumu got a new pink-haired toon she needs cultie on, so I'm firmly encouraged to do my cultie on 1 of the remaining 2 toons b:chuckle And well, with the right ppl, even delta becomes fun.

Delta is fun if every1 knows what to do. One of my best way to farm coin aswell.
    I rely on BH 100, NV and full delta to have enough coins to gear up decent and survive.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Delta is fun if every1 knows what to do. One of my best way to farm coin aswell.
    I rely on BH 100, NV and full delta to have enough coins to gear up decent and survive.

Everyone knowing how to play their class and how to delta doesn't influence in how fun the instance is imo. Rebirth is long and you barely even move since most do it at spawn. On some classes you can almost put up a continuous spell and have a keyspammer/charm to keep mp up then afk. 1h30ish of silence is not something I enjoy, even if the squad is super pro.

As for the money part, that isn't much of a motivation for me anymore. The money gain from delta considering the time spend is far from optimal in my case. But ofc if someone likes delta, it's a good thing they make sufficient coin on it for their needs while doing something they enjoy (it's a game afterall). Coins (or even time efficiency) shouldn't be the main factor deciding on what person does ingame, even if it does matter.

Unfortunately it is for many ppl on the servers, which is why we have this thread. Not because ppl are to rich to consider 1mil worth coming to delta 4. But because that is why the OP can't find help for his cultie in the first place : a veno is not considered a time-efficient class for the "professional" delta squads and nobody is willing to do till stage 4 with bh only being till 2 (i.e. without real gain for them). To me, it's 1 of the many problems that came up with the excessive importance for time/coin efficiency. That's how we got to all the "paid services" in the first place b:sad
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

If is the keyword here.
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I don't frankly believe there are people out there who don't know what they're doing.

I don't like delta on any of my toons. Not spawn Point delta, anyway. But I'll go there with random squads if someone needs their culti done. It's not like there are so many fail squads for delta these days (maybe I'm lucky?). And even is the squad is a bit fail, one or two well geared/skilled people are enough to make up for whatever fail the other ones are.

I just don't go on "farming" full delta, beause it takes way too long and I'd rather come to different instances which I find are more fun.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Coins (or even time efficiency) shouldn't be the main factor deciding on what person does ingame, even if it does matter.

Unfortunately it is for many ppl on the servers, which is why we have this thread. Not because ppl are to rich to consider 1mil worth coming to delta 4. But because that is why the OP can't find help for his cultie in the first place : a veno is not considered a time-efficient class for the "professional" delta squads and nobody is willing to do till stage 4 with bh only being till 2 (i.e. without real gain for them). To me, it's 1 of the many problems that came up with the excessive importance for time/coin efficiency. That's how we got to all the "paid services" in the first place b:sad

This this this. Most people nowadays will only run instances and do things if they are profitable or benefit them in a way or another.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Please, don't offer people money for help, however desperate you may be this sets a very bad precedent, especially with culti stuff. I realize you may feel this is urgent but these things you do have to plan ahead for, especially if you're playing an unwanted class for these runs. Rather than trying to make a squad for just yourself try to research the minimum required in order to get things done, then (whithin these limits) try to join forces with others who may also need their culti done, this means a larger pool of resources (involved factions, friend networks) on which to draw from. It should also help you identify which classes you actually need and to know what is it exactly that you're asking from them (its a very different thing to offer to cover expenses than to try to bribe people into helping you) which in turn makes you look prepared and serious and may itself be a factor in convincing others. Obviously this also means you're prepared to pull your own weight. Also try to make things more convenient for others, you should be doing this at high traffic hours on bh days, ideally at a time (say early on weekends) where people will be more willing to make a run. Keep in mind you may not be getting this on the first go, so do bring your best game and a good attitude as in a very real way you may be auditioning to try and get some of the squad members to help you again. Finally, don't beg and don't overdo asking, most players do understand that cultis are important but it comes down to them wanting to help you, out of kindness or appreciation, and not because they've been pressured into helping.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:avoid when....
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't frankly believe there are people out there who don't know what they're doing.

It's not like there are so many fail squads for delta these days (maybe I'm lucky?).

You're extraordinarily lucky. And there is a ton, and I mean a ton of people who don't know what they are doing and/or are horrendously undergeared.

RB will be charm tick hell or death hell if the it's not done well or if there isn't enough OP people. Waves 1-5 are pretty easy, but 6-End starts to get difficult if you can't pump out enough damage. Back in the day when people used RB to level 85+, the place would be wrought with failed runs with how lazily people play now, and in some cases undergear.

Worldchat squads can be scary for this. I've heard from people who can't make it past wave 4 or 5 with worldchat squads.
    Please, don't offer people money for help, however desperate you may be this sets a very bad precedent, especially with culti stuff. I realize you may feel this is urgent but these things you do have to plan ahead for, especially if you're playing an unwanted class for these runs.

100% correct on offering people money for help. I've seen Clerics demand to be paid to get free exp in the exp room of FF.

Also 100% correct for the plan ahead for it.

Full RB takes like 1.25 - 2 hours. It's a large time investment that does not pay well in coin or exp, and there is a ton of other things people would rather do with their time. Many people dislike it because it can be really boring - I love RB and I'm bored at Spawn point or if I'm not pulling and the convo isn't good. Idea is to plan ahead, and grab friends or faction mates ahead of time and schedule a night/day for it.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You shouldn't offer money for these things. A capable player can make much more money than 1M/2-3 hours doing something else, so if they're in it for the money, then they won't be in it (if they're smart). That means people who offer to help you are either stupid (increasing your chances of failing the run) or doing it to help you/because they're bored/because they need it too, in which case they should not ask for money anyway.

All you're accomplishing is rewarding the incapable, or giving money to people who would have helped your run regardless of the coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I got some friends I do full GV delta with daily 1-2 times for the coin and the fun unless there is TW the same day.
    I myself got a Cleric and a BM I multiclient, Cleric just needs to BB most of the time anyway.

Unfortunally hardly ppl nowadays do full GV. If GV wouldn't be a BH ppl wouldn't even know what that is.

Especially since the majority of PWI players don't even have a clue of what GV is. b:chuckle We call it RB in this version. b:victory

Sorry that was a complete and total troll post, but I couldn't resist.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You're right. Today I saw someone offering 1 mil to a lvl 90+ barb for FC.

b:cry
    Aww.. man I could of made a mil.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I love delta, I would full delta every day!
    The main problem with delta culti/chrono is that you really are at the mercy of whether people with the "right" classes (and by right really I mostly mean barb and cleric since they are normally the most required classes for a successful delta passed stage 3) are available to help or also need.

With more than 1 char, as a lot of people have, just doing 'dailies' can take all day XD So not a lot of people are able to commit to an unscheduled delta. You could bribe me with 10 mil but if I don't have the time I just don't have the time b:surrender

Probably the best time to get a random squad for delta 4 would be on a day when most bhs include delta 2 and 3.
    What I would suggest is joining a delta 3 squad and asking everyone if they would mind going to 4. It shouldn't be that big of a problem, since it's just one extra stage, and you're all already in there anyway. If people DO say no, well, you got your bh done anyway and can try again another squad.
    Also you could try to make a squad for delta 5, or full. Sounds strange but sometimes certain stages attract more interest than others; for example I'm more likely to join a delta 3 squad than a delta 2, so some people might join delta 5 or full more readily than just delta 4.

There's a better chance that you'll find DDs faster than a tank/cleric, so try to arrange with a barb or cleric or seeker friend or factionmate; if you can fill 50% of the squad before resorting to wc, you might have a better chance at success.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

When is the last time you jumped at the chance at someone offering you $.50 for one hour of work... oh... and bring your own tools.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Try WC that on a BH Delta day. It's not a big deal to stay to wave 4 if you're doing wave 3 anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You're extraordinarily lucky. And there is a ton, and I mean a ton of people who don't know what they are doing and/or are horrendously undergeared.

Lolwut? then call me extraordinarily lucky too, I have barely been in bad squads (maybe it is because I join less squads). I do see lots of world chat drama though.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I agree that if GV wasn't a BH people would not even do it except for culti. I personally suggested that they remove at least one of the 2 full GV we need for cultivation cause so far we need for cultivation many ''GV'':

Wave 4
    Wave 5
    Full GV
    Full GV

And it cannot be done in same time.

The only advice i can give you is a day of BH GV (normally it's Bh GV 2 than after turn people get wave 3), try to get in a squad that do the wave 3 and ask if they can do the 4 too. The best is to do it with your faction, tell them you need wave 4 and if you have an nice faction they will help.

If you see people asking for a wave 5 or full GV try to get in squad, it's more than what you need, but at least you will get it done and you will make some money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You shouldn't offer money for these things. A capable player can make much more money than 1M/2-3 hours doing something else, so if they're in it for the money, then they won't be in it (if they're smart). That means people who offer to help you are either stupid (increasing your chances of failing the run) or doing it to help you/because they're bored/because they need it too, in which case they should not ask for money anyway.

All you're accomplishing is rewarding the incapable, or giving money to people who would have helped your run regardless of the coin.

You're quote above - "2-3" hrs refers to a full run. To Wave 4 took us an hour I think (yes got it done - thanks MARTI and friends.) So for an hour each person got the 4 boss rewards - about 320k plus my payment - so 1.3mill for an hours work. For most people I think thats more than they would usually make on a regular basis.

In this squad were three very capable players and 2 average players and my veno - very capable but undergeared. I think for them, the money was well worth it. But as discussed, it wasnt technically a random squad because the 5 people were friends in the same faction. I was the only random in it.

Anyway, off to OUF......not looking forward to needing the full GV.........

EDIT - I agree that I shouldnt have to offer money but I live in Australia and most of the BankaiGOD faction members live in the US so I cant get much done with them. Thats one faction anyway, the other faction Stalkers is on the verge of finishing up I think, so after a year of trying to get lucky I decided to just pay and get it over with.