What's your wealth Status?

TransFat - Dreamweaver
TransFat - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I'll post a poll but here's my definition to define the wealth of your character depending on if all of your gear and coin value is worth the amounts:

Poor: Less than 10M

Middle Class: Between 100M and 500M

Rich: More than 500m, but less than 1B

Wealthy: Anything above 1.56B
Post edited by TransFat - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll post a poll but here's my definition to define the wealth of your character depending on if all of your gear and coin value is worth the amounts:

Rich: More than 100m, but less than 1B

Shouldn't your ''rich'' be 500m-1b? Cause now someone that is 250m can be middle and rich. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • TransFat - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Shouldn't your ''rich'' be 500m-1b? Cause now someone that is 250m can be middle and rich. xD

I've fixed my error
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have 100k. Im guessing that is extremely poor? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, what are you if you've got more than 10m but less than 100m?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, what are you if you've got more than 10m but less than 100m?

You're a mystery!

You're also a mystery when you have between 1b and 1.56b (WHY 1.56, BTW?).
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You're a mystery!

You're also a mystery when you have between 1b and 1.56b (WHY 1.56, BTW?).

I am guessing Old r9 cost maybe?

Personally it takes 4~24 billion to get top notch gear, that is where wealthy should start from. 1~3 Billion is easy to do once the money starts rolling.
  • TransFat - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    1.56B was based off of decent gears to allow one to actually be survivable and competitive in TW/PK.

If you have this in coins then it's easy to merchant and produce more in a quick amount of time.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most expensive items:
    Pangu Tome 290m
    HA/LA APS Full set 320m total +/-
    + Barrier Thorn +7 147m
    Warsoul of Earth 20m
    Deicides +8 70m
    Sin's R8 100m
    Total: 947M.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's a pretty big gap there in between "poor" and "middle class" so I guess my char would be something like blue collar/working poor? And are we counting coin we've been sinking into stuff like skills/pets/manufacturing? Because if not (and do keep in mind that for sage/demon this could be rather substantial amounts) then bound gear should not count as wealth. What about fash? Is this sticker price or market?

Net value is not necessarily an indicator of available resources or disposable income as there are many other factors working in this equation. There's probably people with currently little or no coin in their account whose expertise in farming or merchanting can likely make them millions in relatively short amounts of time, while others that could count as wealthy are likely broke for practical purposes. Now, I realize that this probably isn't meant to be an in depth study of in-game socioeconomics but using irl terminology such as "poor" or "wealthy" can be misleading, as perhaps income would provide a better picture.

For instance, my char's net worth is under the 100mil mark in terms of liquid assets, but i would consider it "middle class" as I can get through everyday activity at a profit, have got nearly all my 90 gear (currently working on 99-100) and I do get some (admittedly small) amounts of zen on a regular basis. Ofc, it does also come down to how you value assets, my stock of TT mats could very well put me into middle class status if I estimate it at catshop prices, but this is rarely what I get when I actually try to move the stuff, which is part of the reason I've actually come to build a larger inventory than I would like (I do consider small scale warehousing to be inefficient). Now, I estimate my monthly expenses to be above 50mil, I'm no penny pincher but I'm not a big spender either, the game really is that expensive to play.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think having 1B+ makes one wealthy considering how little in end game gear you can buy with it, but if OP does, then by his standards I am wealthy O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mystery zone between rich and wealthy. Only had 100m worth of actual coin/gold iirc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a few million coin and some gold left from all my farmingness. For example, I logged in just to buy Halloween fashion, dye it black, sit at my old spot for an hour or so and logged off. Best male fashion ever.

I'll forever look like this now (rainbow axes ftw!):
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2796/20121031221129.jpg

I don't count my end-game gear and refines as part of my "wealth" since most of it is bound. I do have 2 soc +11 Deicides that aren't bound. I never got around to +12ing them because honestly the dps difference wasn't worth it to me. Even with +12 Deicides I'd still be a DHF bi*ch.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm in the middle if you take into account all my tradeable stuff. I haven't added together all my fashion but it is a substantial amount and I do have most of the popular fashions. I also only have like 53 million coins since I haven't been merchanting in a long while and just spending. I had way more but b:surrender

On HT I'm too poor to pay attention. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you take into account what I have invested on my sin, which includes gear, rep, mounts/flyers, fashion, skills, refines, shards, tradable items/assets etc, then wealthy.

If we're only taking tradable items/assets into account, wealthy.

xD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The OP needs to totally edit the poll to read like this:

What is your current value including GEARS and MONEY:

DIRT POOR - under 10mill

POOR - under 40mill

MIDDLE CLASS - 40 to 150mill

UPPER CLASS - 150mill to 400mill

WEALTHY - 400mill to 1.5bill

RICH AS CREAM - 1.5billion +

That leaves me as MIDDLE CLASS but doesnt tell the whole story either. I have my money and gears spread across 3 mains and 2 up-and-comings so each one is dirt poor of itself.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Rich: More than 500m, but less than 1B

1.5b can't even buy you full r9 with decent ornaments.

500m - 1b is probably middle.

1b - 6b rich

6 - 50b wealthy.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1.5b can't even buy you full r9 with decent ornaments.

500m - 1b is probably middle.

1b - 6b rich

6 - 50b wealthy.

Well then, on this scale my status is "Bag of Rat ****"
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Considering all my characters/accounts togather :
    ~When looking at historical buy value, I'm wealthy.
    ~When looking at todays buy value, I'm more then wealthy as a large part of my expensive items doubled/trippled in price since I've gotten them.
    ~When looking at todays resell value of all my stuff, I got no freaking idea. I got a significant number off un-tradeable stuff (also including safe expensions, skills, etc), and a great deal of items that can only be roughly estimated in their value (like a -12% channel necklace, or perfect pink fashion). I'll probably be wealthy.
    ~When looking at npc value, I got no idea but I'm curious about that. I'm a real junk-collecter b:cute

Considering each toon individually :
    ~Will go from poor to wealthy, at historical and todays buy value.
    ~Will go from poor to rich, and maybe wealthy at resell value.

Considering my toons on use value :
    ~I'm freaking wealthy, as my separated accounts and the toons on them allow me to do anything and everything, squad and solo, whenever I want without needing to worry about weapon links and squad composition. That's priceless b:victory

EDIT : LOLZ at the person considering anything below r9 as "too poor to be worthy a poll option".
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok. Im dirt poor then. Mostly got around 1-10m. Also Im still working bit by bit on my endgame gear.
    I feel like every1 in this game is rich except me.
    Merchanting? I gave up on that...
    You rich ppl can donate me anytime ;P 1 or 2 mil less won't hurt you anyway.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1.56B was based off of decent gears to allow one to actually be survivable and competitive in TW/PK.

If you have this in coins then it's easy to merchant and produce more in a quick amount of time.

What is descent gear?

Nirvana 3rd cast, r9 3rd cast i take it?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess I'm a middle class but the money spent on my gear and the gear I'm currently making (3rd cast Nirvana) plus all the Demon skills is...a lot. That's not even counting the Sage skills for my two alts with were just as expensive.

Not really sure what I am then lol, certainly not on top though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess I'd be...poor and my most expensive item is: Pan Gu's Giant Axeb:sad
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lol at rich with gear worth 500m-1B. Many in the middle class have that when you count all gear's prices..
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have barely enough to teleport to the next town.

Although I guess I should have 1m for turning up to TW last Friday lol. Which will be left for a new charm.

I don't play enough to earn 20k a week anymore, let alone enough to be "middle class".
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I never keep large sums of money on me, usually it goes into gear or some other stuff, most I had on me at a time was 180m, though my gear is worth several billions.
  • D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur
    D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok. Im dirt poor then. Mostly got around 1-10m. Also Im still working bit by bit on my endgame gear.
    I feel like every1 in this game is rich except me.
    Merchanting? I gave up on that...
    You rich ppl can donate me anytime ;P 1 or 2 mil less won't hurt you anyway.

i feal the same way although i dont even have enough for 1 piece of tt90 nevermind endgame
    :b (my version)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Given my veno got herc/nix and sins decked out to be 4.0 with int tome... errr. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012

1k gold is going to get you no where... even in half witted TW. More or less anything under 2-3k gold geared is going to be sub par in competitive tw.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Alondark - Heavens Tear
    Alondark - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2 full r9 toons full aps gear for sin mats for upcoming 3rd R9 toon and 50% of the way into getting psy full st3 R9 also have st3 nirv set for bm/seeker
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The OP needs to totally edit the poll to read like this:

What is your current value including GEARS and MONEY:

DIRT POOR - under 10mill

POOR - under 40mill

MIDDLE CLASS - 40 to 150mill

UPPER CLASS - 150mill to 400mill

WEALTHY - 400mill to 1.5bill

RICH AS CREAM - 1.5billion +

That leaves me as MIDDLE CLASS but doesnt tell the whole story either. I have my money and gears spread across 3 mains and 2 up-and-comings so each one is dirt poor of itself.

That means I am upper class if this includes gear as well b:laugh
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]