Things that annoy you in-game...

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I personally, refuse to start a squad unless I have wine or can get it, and already have the tank/healer lined up already. To start a squad without having the critical components needed is just futile because 90% of the people that you get in random squads are simply idiots.

If you're going "LFS" in wc or the platform then either way you will be running with randoms. You can refuse to wine the instance if you don't have the wine. Chances are someone else will be willing to do it. So all you're really accomplishing is not having to right click a persons name, and to change your S to an M. Also you're wasting your time and the people who whispered you. In addition you want the squad but you're unwilling to put in any effort for it. If that's too much effort for you..... You can understand why I would be unwilling to invite someone who can't even do that, because getting any kind of support or attention will likely also be just too too much to ask. Hell, I don't even mind inviting if you say "do you have teles?" or "can you help invite," and I see those kinds of things happen all the time in squad. It's just really inflexible and annoying to me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What I tend to do depending on my mood is I'll float over platform and wait... then when I see 3-4 people all asking for a squad for the same thing I'll remark about why nobody's made it when there's people there.

More often than not, someone will then make it and I'll help out. Any of them that PM me with some stupid excuse about just not wanting to make, I'll ignore completely and if I'm in squad with them, I'll pretend they aren't there.

The ONLY exception is the super low level stuff... and that's because I know finding other lower levels for it is a royal pain and nobody wants to spend 2 hours trying to get a full squad to kill Quingzi or the like. >.>
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    What I tend to do depending on my mood is I'll float over platform and wait... then when I see 3-4 people all asking for a squad for the same thing I'll remark about why nobody's made it when there's people there.

More often than not, someone will then make it and I'll help out. Any of them that PM me with some stupid excuse about just not wanting to make, I'll ignore completely and if I'm in squad with them, I'll pretend they aren't there.

The ONLY exception is the super low level stuff... and that's because I know finding other lower levels for it is a royal pain and nobody wants to spend 2 hours trying to get a full squad to kill Quingzi or the like. >.>

I make an exception about Qingzi too and such too. I've only had one at level squad for Qingzi this year, it took FOREVER to get the last couple of people and I spent a small fortune on teles. Not things I expect a low level to want to or be able to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I make an exception about Qingzi too and such too. I've only had one at level squad for Qingzi this year, it took FOREVER to get the last couple of people and I spent a small fortune on teles. Not things I expect a low level to want to or be able to do.

Yeah. What sucks for me with it is I can't really test myself in them anymore because knowing I can bring in a high level alt/friend/etc and the fact that it's not an at-level squad with the buffs you'd see at that point.. really allows me to either be lazy and make sloppy mistakes or do things I shouldn't actually be able to do.

Kinda a huge difference between soloing FB29 on a level 29 cleric with only self buffs and... doing it in the 40s with a fully buffed mystic using buffs you can't even get in that level range and with the knowledge that I have a backup cleric available that can literally IH me once every 15 seconds and I won't die o anything short of a 1-shot.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In line with the above, I've been playing low-lvl chars now for
    over a year. (Retired my high lvl ones & just start new ones.)

I'll join or start a squad for 39/51/59, etc., and we'll have
    maybe 2 or 3 at-level players already in squad, continuing to
    look for more.

Then I'll see another name flicker into view on the squad line-up . . .
    and it's a lvl 100+ whatever. I feel that wave of disappointment
    once again. sigh--ANOTHER run of Holy Pathing after the 100+.

I can understand it though--there's just not enough low-lvl
    players out there. In the 1yr+ I've been playing at low level,
    I've never had an instance run with all at-level squad. And
    I literally mean NEVER. I've gotten to where I get excited if
    the high level is only about 30-40 levels above--at least we
    usually get to put a few shots in, lol.
  • pinoypride1973
    pinoypride1973 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My problem is when i've clicked the LVL 30 treasure chest no item came out i was really pissed off coz ive played 2 days (ADDICT MODE)but thats what i get for reaching level 30?tsk2 please fix that GM.my server is HeavenTears.tnx
    edited October 2012
    ponyduck wrote: »

look for more.

To combat that I simply form the squads myself and refuse any help from high levels. Then again I have a high level main that I can assure the squad will be used if we aren't able to get together. I don't run with 100+ anymore. I don't want to just holy path after them. There is no point to it at all. If I want fast exp I'd be better off just buying FC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • pinoypride1973
    pinoypride1973 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    what was in the LVL 30 treasure chest?i was really pissed of when nothing came out from it. b:angry
  • forumtrololo
    forumtrololo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    when people duel with genie and won. then duel again and we used genie and he didnt and he QQ'd "omg no genie hurrr durrr qq".

also, it pisses me off when sins in squad dont know when to demon spark on bosses, when you sees bm whip his axes out, press the god damn button b:angry (same goess for bm, when you see sin spark immediately pull out axes and hf).
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When Im making a squad and we just need Barb or Cleric then after like 3 mins the 1st person leaves squad, then a 2nd leaves, then the rest leaves -.-
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Factions/people with pervy names.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ponyduck wrote: »

look for more.

I am completely with you on this. Perfect World is far more entertaining and enjoyable (though it is all relative) when it presents a challenge with at least some risk of failure. My heart drops whenever I see a high level character join the squad when I am playing one of my lower level characters. It is not that I am ungrateful for their willingness to help but their presence really steals the fun away from the rest of us.

To combat that I simply form the squads myself and refuse any help from high levels. Then again I have a high level main that I can assure the squad will be used if we aren't able to get together. I don't run with 100+ anymore. I don't want to just holy path after them. There is no point to it at all. If I want fast exp I'd be better off just buying FC.

The problem that I have found with this strategy is that if I decline to add someone's high-level friend they tend to leave the squad right away which is totally understandable. I would leave too if someone refused to add my friend. It is hard enough as it is to find people for a BH squad without pissing them off. Explaining to them that this is going to be an "at level squad" helps to mediate such reactions but most people are just simply interested in leveling their character as fast as possible. It is hard to find people more interested in the "journey" than in the "destination"......more difficult now than ever before with so few people playing. In fact, the last several times I came on I could not even find enough people to form a half-squad to do a BH (with or without help) b:surrender
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am completely with you on this. Perfect World is far more entertaining and enjoyable (though it is all relative) when it presents a challenge with at least some risk of failure. My heart drops whenever I see a high level character join the squad when I am playing one of my lower level characters. It is not that I am ungrateful for their willingness to help but their presence really steals the fun away from the rest of us.

The problem that I have found with this strategy is that if I decline to add someone's high-level friend they tend to leave the squad right away which is totally understandable. I would leave too if someone refused to add my friend. It is hard enough as it is to find people for a BH squad without pissing them off. Explaining to them that this is going to be an "at level squad" helps to mediate such reactions but most people are just simply interested in leveling their character as fast as possible. It is hard to find people more interested in the "journey" than in the "destination"......more difficult now than ever before with so few people playing. In fact, the last several times I came on I could not even find enough people to form a half-squad to do a BH (with or without help) b:surrender

I too, would rather enjoy doing an instance the old fashioned way, which is without bringing in the OP toon 20 levels higher than the instance. I will drop squad and find another or start my own if they invite someone just to pwn the instance.

The adventure and excitement of the game is in the challenge. Once you remove the challenge, it's just pointless.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
    edited November 2012

I've had maybe one person leave during the dozens of squads I've been in with this strategy. It just doesn't happen often. You won't get your squad formed in 5 minutes but if you can wait a little bit longer than that you should be able to find one. Especially since your server population is a bit better than DW's server. b:surrender

I too, would rather enjoy doing an instance the old fashioned way, which is without bringing in the OP toon 20 levels higher than the instance. I will drop squad and find another or start my own if they invite someone just to pwn the instance.

The adventure and excitement of the game is in the challenge. Once you remove the challenge, it's just pointless.

I agree. And honestly to me it's moronic to even do BH with a high level just for the fast exp. If you want fast exp grind out some coins and buy yourself a big room. You'll get much better experience than BH will get you no matter how fast it's run. I take BH as my squad based play training.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hence why I prefer quit playing games altogether, there's always a way somehow to cheat or cheese your way through, there is no challenge in games once you figure out glitches or mechanical abuse to your own advantage, why even play then? Although there are people who loves easy mode but still...
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On my server---->way too much wc drama
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People that power level and know nothing about the the game they are playing. Not their class......but the game itself.
    Not knowing basic mechanics, where NPC's are they should have visited a hundred times before level 100, not knowing where major towns are, not knowing how basic crafting works, not knowing major instances. Whats the point of playing a game like that?
    Don't want to take the time to slow down, but want me to waste my time explaining basic game mechanics and things to you that you should have learned on your own had you played the game in any form beyond power levelling.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hence why I prefer quit playing games altogether, there's always a way somehow to cheat or cheese your way through, there is no challenge in games once you figure out glitches or mechanical abuse to your own advantage, why even play then? Although there are people who loves easy mode but still...

^^THIS . . . is it in a nutshell. I've rarely seen such a profound truth (on a
    frivolous subject, lol) expressed so completely & succinctly.

So my biggest annoyance in game is--that devs are unwilling/unable to
    fix code so that most of the worst glitches CAN'T happen.

I've often thought, if I were Bill Gates-rich, I would fund a group of
    talented, hard-core-gamer computer geeks to design & perfect a
    game, the goal being to produce the ultimate perfectly balanced,
    unglitchable, highly polished game possible. Just for the love of it.

It might not make a profit, but in the words of Charles Foster Kane, when
    told his enterprise was losing a million dollars a year: (chuckles) "At that
    rate, I'll be broke in . . . 60 years."
  • dizzyrunks
    dizzyrunks Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    people who like to watch others gears an say that the person so rich an they so poor when they hve like 3-4 r9 +12 toons
  • Amily_Alaine - Raging Tide
    Amily_Alaine - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Rubberbanding... just that.. mostly
  • Elyo_ - Archosaur
    Elyo_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The auto-run thing is the most stupid i saw ... (when u use it on land) b:angry
  • Sheri_Szabo - Raging Tide
    Sheri_Szabo - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Duke & Sins who steal argo then die.
  • eebachick
    eebachick Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Archers that use deicides instead of their proper weapons (bows, crossbows, slingshots) especially in instances (mainly ff/fc), then abuse the barbarian tank in pm because of the barbarian tank spamming their aggro skills to try to keep aggro which is their job so as the other squad members don't steal aggro and die, because it is supposedly costing the archer too much money in the archer's attempt to tank.
  • Integra_ - Raging Tide
    Integra_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The autopath... sometimes I don't want to fly everywhere b:cry
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    EDIT

NUMBER ONE ANNOYANCE

That Forum cutting your text as soon you use ae or ue or oe or other special letters. That just shallowed my whole text and now im really annoyed

Is pwi too poor or too lazy to install the damm modules for this forum to support special letters ?
    I hate Room 38
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Duke & Sins who steal argo then die.

One would think after all those friday assaults the duke be dead by now, maybe we should give the wraiths stealth tech.

eebachick wrote: »
    Archers that use deicides instead of their proper weapons (bows, crossbows, slingshots) especially in instances (mainly ff/fc), then abuse the barbarian tank in pm because of the barbarian tank spamming their aggro skills to try to keep aggro which is their job so as the other squad members don't steal aggro and die, because it is supposedly costing the archer too much money in the archer's attempt to tank.

There is a simple solution in that case. Let the archer take agro, black list archer. If archer dies, rez archer. If archer insists on taking agro but not be able to tank, the barb should be happy, less repairs. If the archer can tank, awesome, less repairs for barb.

The above is what i do at pq 3 boss when other sins try to be nut cases and steal agro when they can't tank. I put chill of the deep on, they get agro, they get one shot, and i go back to tanking. I tell my cleric friends not to rez them either (most often i have asked those sins to join the group, but they refuse). If people can't play in a group settings, they deserve what ever the mobs/boss do to them.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People who spam World Chat for an hour or so claiming somebody "scammed" them, when it's a misunderstanding. Other people want to do stuff, take it to their faction or PK them or something, don't make everybody else suffer.

Or when people join a squad and get mad because I don't speak whatever language they do. I understand it's an international game, and it's cool you're from another country. However, I'm lame and only speak English. Getting mad at me for not speaking Spanish or Russian is silly. If I world chatted in English, there's a good chance the squad will be speaking English. There are country specific factions if you really have no understanding of English. Also, poor language skills are not really a good reason to charge every boss/mob in the dungeon at random then get mad the squad doesn't save you.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some annoyances this time that are specific to the use of the friendship list:

1. People that send a friend request, then drop the person from their list a few days later for no reason. What the hell is with that? Why send the request in the first place if you did not want to stay in touch?

2. People that only pretend to be nice and send a friend request to a person just because they are a cleric. (I have often noticed that the same individual will treat me differently when I am on my cleric as opposed to when I am playing a different class....and they did not know it was me).

3. Low level characters that send me a friend request when helping them, then dump me from their friend list after passing me in levels. I guess we know what that was all about. Trouble is, some people have a really shallow understanding of friendship.

4. Having a cap on the number of people one can have on the friend list. I am quite selective about who I make friends with but after 4 years, meeting 100 people that you want to stay in touch with is not very much.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When your friends or guild do not understand you have IRL stuff going on even when you tell this to them.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some annoyances this time that are specific to the use of the friendship list:

1. People that send a friend request, then drop the person from their list a few days later for no reason. What the hell is with that? Why send the request in the first place if you did not want to stay in touch?

2. People that only pretend to be nice and send a friend request to a person just because they are a cleric. (I have often noticed that the same individual will treat me differently when I am on my cleric as opposed to when I am playing a different class....and they did not know it was me).

3. Low level characters that send me a friend request when helping them, then dump me from their friend list after passing me in levels. I guess we know what that was all about. Trouble is, some people have a really shallow understanding of friendship.

4. Having a cap on the number of people one can have on the friend list. I am quite selective about who I make friends with but after 4 years, meeting 100 people that you want to stay in touch with is not very much.

For point 1: Well most players don't take the friend part of the friendlist seriously.. and then if they already have established friendships with other people..its like they deny all others a chance at the same treatment they give their longtime friends.

For point 2: When my cleric was a lowbie, this barb sent me a request. Now I knew how this was going to turn out but I was gonna see if I could deal with it. Guy didnt last a week on my list. Everytime I logged in, he'd ask me to help him with something or do a BH. That was going to get on my nerves. After the third day he seemed to know that he was removed sent he sent me a "test whisper" of sorts. Either he has a history of being kicked off by clerics, or he just has a history of being kicked off by everyone. Anyway, from that point on, didn't get any requests. If there is one thing I learned as a WHM for years on other MMO, its that if you don't stand up for yourself, people will call on you and do their bidding, meanwhile your character is getting stagnant.I'm probably rambling too. Its 6AM ~_~ One individual didn't add my seeker but I was immediatly made a marshal in an earlier faction because of my gear =/.

The ones that like you just because of gear.. I don't ever take them seriously. During the FCC explosion, a lot of people added me after I got R8 and +12'd my sword. Only one of them out of like 20 people on my list ever initiated any conversation with me. Hell some even kicked me off after awhile.

For point 3: This is a classic. You'll find that happening in every MMO. You are considered useless when your strength is inferior to the person who was once lower than you were. Not saying everyone is like this.. but "endgame" has a horrible habit of changing people

For point 4: Can't say I relate to this.. probably met a good 30 people in 2 1/2 yrs.

I've kicked a lot of people off my list. If I also feel its not going to go anywhere, I remove them. I don't care what your level is. I don't care what your gear is, or anything silly like your income status and how you can't charge and be "pretty". I like to think I make great company so long as I'm not in a bad mood. But whatever.

Just don't sweat any of that stuff.