Class choice - please give me your opinions.

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
So I have a 101 cleric which is 'just' adequately geared enough for bh100 (not including Lunar which I dont do)

I have a 101 veno which I sometimes get invited to bh SOT and ABBA on but otherwise I dont use too much. Pretty badly geared but I survive okay and amp when required.

I have a 101 seeker which is good fun.

Due to time restraints BH100 is my main money maker and I will probably try and do Nirvana more often in the near future. On HL not much else is on offer.

I have a 7x psychic/mystic/barb/archer and bm and a 8x sin.

I was in the process of levelling the sin but now I'm thinking that everywhere I look people want a barb and bm for BH, and there are zillions of sins already, but then again people say what fun sins are to play. I notice barbs dont get invites to Nirvana too often. Dont see much at all on HL in the way of high levelled psychics and mystics but they do look cool to me when you do see them.

I dont have a lot of money and I will try and rely on 95+ mold gears/tt90 and morai as the 99 stuff costs **** loads.

What class should I level to try and get into the fun/money at 100+. Thanks in advance for any opinions. If you know anything relevant coming up in the expansion please feel free to add it.
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Play a barb. Fuzzy is obviously bias, but it is the best class in the game.. b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you can invest be a BM or Sin and run FF powerlevels, that brings in 2.5m roughly a run for an hour or less depending on gear.

For fun well I love archer, veno and seekers and have had 2 7x BM's
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well...

A Mystic/Psychic might be a decent choice since you can run Caster NV and share some of your Cleric/Veno's gear with them. Aside from there being an overflow of stab-fish (making it a bit more difficult to join squads...you'll probably have to make them), it takes quite a big coin investment into their gear (moreso than a BM for the most part) before they can begin making noteworthy returns.

Likewise, a BM/Barb can share some gear with your Seeker, and the latter is always welcomed in BH 100s if you dont really care for Nirvana, while the former can be good pretty much everywhere.

So, if it comes down to Psychic/Mystic/Barb/BM, it would depend on which one you enjoy playing more I suppose. An Archer would be among those choices, but they arent really sought after for Nirvana or some BH100s aside from Rebirth and Warsong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If it's for farm bm have the most opportunity with nirvana,but more and more people want 5 aps and +10 weap, so unless you can have that you will have a hard time too find a nirvana squad.

I never player psychic i can't say if it's fun or not, but for sure they can get a easy spot in caster.

I play mystic and i like play it cause we have so many things we can do and many roles we can play, in caster it's easy to find a spot as DD or support when they have one cleric and want DD/healer and mystic can do both in same time and i can tell you that a mystic with invigorate is totally loved in caster.

the good thing about bm is they can make a lot of money by multi-runs in 2x in nirvana, but as i said more and more people ask for +10 good weapon and out of 2x you need to farm something else, like sell FC or w/e.

A caster can farm all the time, since the talisman is timed people do caster constantly normal time or 2x. For caster the ''requisite'' is less than normal nirvy, generally with a R8+5-7 you will find a squad easy and R8 is more cheap to get than a bm 5aps +10.

For barb forget it on HL all you will got is BH, majority of barb i know take a break from the game in 2x cause they cannot find a squad for multi-runs or they roll a sin to be able to farm in 2x.

So depend on what you enjoy to play i would suggest you mystic or bm, but it would be cheapest to gear a mystic than a bm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    you spend to much time in fc/low bh
    thus you are poor

dont lvl another toon and figure out ways t make coin instead imo

how about gearing up the cleric and doing caster?
    aim for gear you can account stash toyour other casters... like g16 long term goal

assasin would be the worst idea
    they suck with half-assed gear
    all they can do is die all over the place and make the squad wait
    i like potato
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    you spend to much time in fc/low bh
    thus you are poor

dont lvl another toon and figure out ways t make coin instead imo

how about gearing up the cleric and doing caster?
    aim for gear you can account stash toyour other casters... like g16 long term goal

assasin would be the worst idea
    they suck with half-assed gear
    all they can do is die all over the place and make the squad wait

You actually wrote my own thoughts here and thanks for being polite about it :). I guess its the fact that making money like merchanting or the other constant dailies like morai for rep is sooooooo repetetive and boring but it is in the back of my mind.

Its more the fact that in my limited spare time when I'm bored with other stuff I'll work on another toon.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Definitely don't make a sin if you want to be cheap on gear.

A Barb will almost always secure you a spot in BH, but they're not exactly great moneymakers compared to other classes.

Of all your options, I would pick gearing up the Seeker - with morai gear they rock pretty hard, and you can either take the tanking spot (delta) or aoe/dd in any other bh squad, and thanks to their pretty good damage your repairs will be low. And with the Talis you get from doing the bhs (and join Shroud so you can get Talis from there too), you can do Castervana to make extra money.

If not Seeker, definitely Cleric. Also a pretty secure spot in every BH squad, and always needed for Castervana.
    SOME people (like me) still take clerics to regular vana too! So don't give up on that either >.>

Alternately, work on a Wiz or work on your Psy, they're less common but usually accepted.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a correction, talis come from Corona XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ..Even though I never go to these, there is ALWAYS someone needing a seeker for delta. So you certainly have a guaranteed spot in there with your seeker. Forget about vana though, unless you got friends inviting you. There's rare bunch that'll take one to caster vana too.

The other classes are covered already.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    holy cow
    so many typos when i post on my phone xD

uhhh why would one like to do delta, if thats a reason to make a seeker thats pretty lame
    its boring :v
    and most squads do need a cleric as well

i always dual client delta :<
    we "3man" it and everyone logs 2 chars because its so straight out boring.
    i setup DB and walk around with my silly low hp barb, poke mobs or twice to kill time
    shout at the person who logged the cleric when they forget to use mana pots while my wizard stopped to aoe already cause of no mana

i like clerics!
    especially those with ****
    i like potato
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So I have a 101 cleric which is 'just' adequately geared enough for bh100 (not including Lunar which I dont do)

I have a 101 veno which I sometimes get invited to bh SOT and ABBA on but otherwise I dont use too much. Pretty badly geared but I survive okay and amp when required.

Due to time restraints BH100 is my main money maker and I will probably try and do Nirvana more often in the near future. On HL not much else is on offer.

I have a 7x psychic/mystic/barb/archer and bm and a 8x sin.

I was in the process of levelling the sin but now I'm thinking that everywhere I look people want a barb and bm for BH, and there are zillions of sins already, but then again people say what fun sins are to play. I notice barbs dont get invites to Nirvana too often. Dont see much at all on HL in the way of high levelled psychics and mystics but they do look cool to me when you do see them.

I dont have a lot of money and I will try and rely on 95+ mold gears/tt90 and morai as the 99 stuff costs **** loads.

What class should I level to try and get into the fun/money at 100+. Thanks in advance for any opinions. If you know anything relevant coming up in the expansion please feel free to add it.

very easy to choose..get 43 euros and buy wars guild 2 :P
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    laulupullo wrote: »
    very easy to choose..get 43 euros and buy wars guild 2 :P

pfft, I experienced a computer error and bought it 3 times already....... Still I like PWI too.
  • makavelicss
    makavelicss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In

About to make my first character so curious as to get some ideas
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You said you ve got already some 100+

To be honest it's only up to your play style now. On my seeker I can enter every BH 100 + making money is easy. You' ve got a cleric, situation is same. Every squad need cleric.

So.. you wanna role heavy armor toons or arcane? You can later share gear for example between seeker-barb or cleric-mystic.

I made sin only to troll people with stealth.. but this class just not suits my play style. If you can't spend much money I wouldn't go sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You just answered your own question, playing games are meant for fun and not what people expect you to play.
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC