Demon or Sage Seeker?

LIO_SWRD - Archosaur
LIO_SWRD - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Seeker
Hiya im back with more annoying random questions :D
A while ago i was kinda decided to go Sage after the minimal things i knew but lately compared Demon and Sage skills and alot of Demon skills are pretty good so i'd like to know what are the main advantages cuz before i make i decition i should know (or i'll **** a char again)b:laugh well cya :DD
Post edited by LIO_SWRD - Archosaur on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2012
    Well this is a personal process, not a process someone else should do for you.

Write down a list of the skills that you use and rely on the most.
    Compare the benefits of sage/demon for those skills.
    Pick the set that best suits your gameplay.

For me, I could not find any reason at all to go demon, even Vortex for Demon sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sage is definatly better for one 3 more defence lvls on adrenal numbness more dmg with sage mastery anti stun unfetter.. theres more but its obvious sage is the better choice.
  • LIO_SWRD - Archosaur
    edited October 2012
    I actually checked the skills i use alot and they have a better effect for me than the Sage ones, even if Sage gives more Def. Or well that's atleast what i think
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Show the skills and why you like their demon versions more. Frankly, I saw no real reason to go Demon but depending on what you plan to do and how you play that can change. Plus, sometimes your core skill use changes based on culti (IE: Prior to demon, I didn't use stream of rejuv much but with demon version I now use it fairly often)
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Really, another seeker tempted onto the wavering path of the demon.... *sigh* im just gonna out and out say it no beating around the bush, im sorry. SAGE! anything else is the wrong answer, nah im jk, but im also crius b:chuckle without sage unfetter i wud b relying on genie anti-stuns against sins and i hate to b in that predicament, plus sage spark is way more useful more for seekers than demon spark is
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    feel like throwing some thoughs on the demon skills for fun.

First, those aditonal debuff on stalagstrike and gemini slash demon, i assume (gimme proof of the contrary plz ^^) they have the same problem to apply has heartseeker immobilize because of the stances. sage gets additional damage for those 2 skill instead.

next, heartseeker demon. that increased range is more a handicap then a bonus to me because seeker have no other skill to chain at 33m, it kind of make immobilizing at max range a waste. add the stance proc problem with this, i vote sage

The stances are pretty equivalent comparing sage and demon. sage make them easier to spam, demon enhance the effects. (im sage and id want those demon stance >.>)

Vortex, sage without hesitation. Sage has a range of 14m (yes 14m, its not the initial cast range enhanced, its the actual damage range). Most magical and archer running mobs run back to 12m-13m from their aggroed target, think the logic here is easy to see. Demon vortex is an aoe stun of 1 sec with a proc chance... that can be dangerous to you if you ask me. reason is when a group of mobs are all stunned at same time, they get the exact same attack interval when they are not stunned anymore.... vortex bp healing start having prob to heal hit of 4k because all hit are in the exact same time frame.

beside those skills that, heart shatter demon is nto nice because it is nto a clean +crit rate% but demon battousai and demon darkcloudbolt are better then the sage version of them if you ask me. Demon unfetter can be useful to a certain limit, like sage unfetter is really hard to time because of its low duration fo anti stun

b:surrender was bored in the morning before school, so sue me if this is not ok for someone
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Wrecktor_nl - Heavens Tear
    Wrecktor_nl - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'ma demon seeker and I'd say join me b:victory Sage is too mainstream :P
    Also demon unfetter rules in soloing bosses... ijs
    I'll be waiting for y'alls hate comments on demon b:bye
  • TomHung - Archosaur
    TomHung - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Demon Seeker also! wewt! Sage gets expensive as hell.
    edited October 2012
    Demon Seeker also! wewt! Sage gets expensive as hell.

Demon would be the same lol o.0 even worse because demon skill are just so rare you'd have to make them all.

(If ya mean gears wise... im facepalming if ya imply demon optimal gears are different then sage, ijs)

and
    that apply until you are stunned or sealed =P but yes, it is quite good for solo boss
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    PvP/TW sage all the way-

PvE- demon is.......ok
    re
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    feel like throwing some thoughs on the demon skills for fun.

First, those aditonal debuff on stalagstrike and gemini slash demon, i assume (gimme proof of the contrary plz ^^) they have the same problem to apply has heartseeker immobilize because of the stances. sage gets additional damage for those 2 skill instead.

next, heartseeker demon. that increased range is more a handicap then a bonus to me because seeker have no other skill to chain at 33m, it kind of make immobilizing at max range a waste. add the stance proc problem with this, i vote sage

The stances are pretty equivalent comparing sage and demon. sage make them easier to spam, demon enhance the effects. (im sage and id want those demon stance >.>)

Vortex, sage without hesitation. Sage has a range of 14m (yes 14m, its not the initial cast range enhanced, its the actual damage range). Most magical and archer running mobs run back to 12m-13m from their aggroed target, think the logic here is easy to see. Demon vortex is an aoe stun of 1 sec with a proc chance... that can be dangerous to you if you ask me. reason is when a group of mobs are all stunned at same time, they get the exact same attack interval when they are not stunned anymore.... vortex bp healing start having prob to heal hit of 4k because all hit are in the exact same time frame.

beside those skills that, heart shatter demon is nto nice because it is nto a clean +crit rate% but demon battousai and demon darkcloudbolt are better then the sage version of them if you ask me. Demon unfetter can be useful to a certain limit, like sage unfetter is really hard to time because of its low duration fo anti stun

b:surrender was bored in the morning before school, so sue me if this is not ok for someone
    Exactly correct. That Stun proc on Demon Vortex is 15% at that, although real in-world testing shows that it procs more like 3%. (Each hit is a chance to roll the die against 15%, so it isn't going to actually hit 15% of the time.) And a ONE second stun? I mean really, your latency to the server and back is that long.
    Also, yes, getting hit by 20-30 mobs at the exact same moment really sucks in Delta and FCC.

Overall, I found that I have better defense, and better guaranteed DPS with Sage.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • LIO_SWRD - Archosaur
    edited October 2012
    I'ma demon seeker and I'd say join me b:victory Sage is too mainstream :P
    I'll be waiting for y'alls hate comments on demon b:bye

Too mainstream Sage xDDD I agree n.n
  • BabyJingYi - Heavens Tear
    BabyJingYi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    someone told me demon seeker skills are "upgraded" in pwcn, wonder whether its coming to pwi
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    someone told me demon seeker skills are "upgraded" in pwcn, wonder whether its coming to pwi

Yeah, we just have to wait a few months for them to Google Translate the files. I'm betting on another Thanksgiving release.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you plan to be a caster nirv farmer, it will be a lot better if you go sage. Sage SS is always welcome in caster squads
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Vortex, sage without hesitation. Sage has a range of 14m (yes 14m, its not the initial cast range enhanced, its the actual damage range). Most magical and archer running mobs run back to 12m-13m from their aggroed target, think the logic here is easy to see.

This was 1 of the reasons that made me go sage on seeker, but I'm a bit dissapointed by sage vortex after getting it. The number off mobs I hit that I wouldn't have hit with lvl10/demon is rather limited. Archers are typically out. It's only on kitting caster mobs that it actually helps. It's still more usefull then a 1sec stun I guess (I never considered it a dangerous thing).

Overall, it depends on the skills a person uses most. There are a few I'd have prefered demon, like stances, unfetter, darkcloud bolt and battousai (the 600 is really insignificant unless you got a **** weapon). Some others I'm very happy to have sage, like QPQ, heartshatter and staggering strike. And a whole bunch of skills are just nice on either culti b:laugh
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    akosireann wrote: »
    If you plan to be a caster nirv farmer, it will be a lot better if you go sage. Sage SS is always welcome in caster squads

Pfft.. not only. I had never problems with getting into squad with my demon SS. Casters can spark twice and it's still up. So I wouldn't point going sage cause of c. nirvana.

Only thing which I miss on demon seeker is sage gemini and blade/sword mastery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
    edited November 2012

not a necro yet si im good to answer that b:avoid
    Both sage and demon skill are getting an upgrade for seeker. Hell, theres a bgi swappign around in some skills i think. Sage gets even more damage increase on their skills and demon gets more focused on longer debuff duration.

(now switch demon spark to a -channel spark and swear ill make a demon to try it out after this rebalancing b:surrender )

*edit heres the thread of the skill rebalancing http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1417621
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker