New PW Expansion (PWCN: Rise of Dynasty)

Options

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Latest Update http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20121010/67401.shtml
    They mention increasing Crazy Stone reward for 100+ to 820k xp and adding a chance pack to this that gives an additional 100k to 10m XP.

Lol, CS stone merchanting again \o/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Anyone knows if new tomes gonna be tradeable? I have +25dex/0.2ms tome laying cheap in catshop, i guess i can make some good money from this after expansion.

And how hard to get those mats to make a tome?
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Looking at the concept art, wouldn't it logical to say that they should be labeled as empress rather than emperor because they are female? Sorry if the question has already been posed; I didn't feel like looking through 25 pages of stuff.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Looking at the concept art, wouldn't it logical to say that they should be labeled as empress rather than emperor because they are female? Sorry if the question has already been posed; I didn't feel like looking through 25 pages of stuff.

I guess.
    I only use the word emperor for a lack of official english translations. Google translate kept on using the word emperor and when I was originally writing up this guide a month before the expansion released, I didn't know who the emperors were.
    I'll change it when PWE finally releases information about the expansion and tells us if they are emperors, empress, or some other term. The localized term might be different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybertrack666
    cybertrack666 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Any news for the release date on PWI ?
  • WhiteShot - Sanctuary
    WhiteShot - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Any info about when you have already 3rd cast r9 gear... whats going to happen? cant i make my set complete then when this new 3rd r9 gear comes out? or can i?
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Anyone knows if new tomes gonna be tradeable? I have +25dex/0.2ms tome laying cheap in catshop, i guess i can make some good money from this after expansion.

And how hard to get those mats to make a tome?

I don't think we've ever had bound tomes, have we? Unless you use a bound charm on it purposely...

The new tome might bump down Pangu and Love up and down most likely but new tome will be very expensive, much higher then LUAD for sure.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I don't think we've ever had bound tomes, have we? Unless you use a bound charm on it purposely...

The new tome might bump down Pangu and Love up and down most likely but new tome will be very expensive, much higher then LUAD for sure.

Base tomes.

I'm hoping these won't auto-bind though.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Fairly certain the new tome in CN only had -0.05. If so, and if we get the same one, I doubt anyone would buy it and prices would be unaffected for -int tomes.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Going by the manufacturing costs the lvl 8 tome is going to be 1.72b while the lvl 9 tome is 7.7b. Thats on top of the cost of a LuaD. That's assuming you have to manufacture the gold mats though. While there still may be a way to win the gold mats directly, I only saw accounts of people being awarded the basic mats from doing the new TW (around 500 per event).

While checking this I noticed that the 3 new engraving options are actually for Necklaces and not Rings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    At this rate, pure builds with 700+ in their damage stat is gonna become both realistic and potentially common...
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    While checking this I noticed that the 3 new engraving options are actually for Necklaces and not Rings.

That is rather interesting, should be able to help players at all lvls with engravings on rings and necklaces, make up for point allocation issues in the start, or make end-game gear more attuned to a player's style.

Now only if we could dex, str and magic (not mp) stones b:avoid.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Found something else that's kind of cool while wandering around.

They added a new new NPC next to the banker thats an AH for high-end goods. http://i.imgur.com/EQLAU.jpg

From what I can tell you can list an item for up to 7 days, the fee is a flat 300k.

Hmm, you can also sell characters if they are lvl 95+. Doing view info on a character that was for sale took me to this web page: http://www.xunbao178.com/wmgj/showDetail.gsp?aid=10&commid=1627784

Actually I think this is probably a real money auction house. I doubt we'll get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Fairly certain the new tome in CN only had -0.05. If so, and if we get the same one, I doubt anyone would buy it and prices would be unaffected for -int tomes.

It was 0.10 INT. It was nerfed to -0.05 due to OP-ness. But the high stat boosts still stand.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Actually I think this is probably a real money auction house. I doubt we'll get it.

We already have one. We can buy gold, sell the gold, and buy the items from players. This would just cut out the middle man so to speak if they do it.

I don't see implementing it changing much other than people being able to make mad money off PWI if they can withdraw the cash, and maybe some prices soaring cause lazy people will bid more. But I've been wrong before on some game change assumptions not making too much of an affect, but I think its because I undervalued the lowest common denominator. And thinking that...yea I take that back. Prices will soar if people can withdraw money from it. RMAH might actually kill this game in the short/mid term given the amount of whining that goes on right now about prices.

If youre right about it, the week long high end goods AH is kinda nice! I hope its got better sort & search functions than our current.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited October 2012
    Options
    We already have one. We can buy gold, sell the gold, and buy the items from players. This would just cut out the middle man so to speak if they do it.

Gold isn't real money though. At the end of the day PWE keeps all the cash that comes in while players have the gold/coins. This AH lets you sell a character / high end gear directly for dollars. I imagine PW still takes a cut of that cash though.

I think this might have been on PWCN for some time before the expansion so I don't think it's coming here. It's just the first time I noticed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I doubt any game company would allow the player to make money legally off of them unless they allowed character selling which I've heard of 1 or 2 that do. Other then that selling your character is against the rules and gets you banned if found it. PW is like all companies...make money, low risk/loss aka greedy for $$.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I doubt any game company would allow the player to make money legally off of them unless they allowed character selling which I've heard of 1 or 2 that do. Other then that selling your character is against the rules and gets you banned if found it. PW is like all companies...make money, low risk/loss aka greedy for $$.

Actually real money auction houses are fairly popular in MMOs these days. This is because they can't really stop third party sites from setting up their own real money markets from which the third party site makes a profit. If the publisher releases their own market in-game they get to keep that profit and out-compete the third party market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Gold isn't real money though. At the end of the day PWE keeps all the cash that comes in while players have the gold/coins. This AH lets you sell a character / high end gear directly for dollars. I imagine PW still takes a cut of that cash though.

I think this might have been on PWCN for some time before the expansion so I don't think it's coming here. It's just the first time I noticed it.

Id expect them to take a cut if you could withdraw the cash. Ugh, now that Ive found my brain, its wrecked so many US games who did not have it from the start, I really hope they don't implement that. If you can't withdraw I can see it having smaller impact, though.

Do more research Cath, lots of games allow you to do it and take a cut, or just don't enforce the no-nos of it. Usually the signs of a dying game too when implemented later on.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It was 0.10 INT. It was nerfed to -0.05 due to OP-ness. But the high stat boosts still stand.

how come OP-ness isnt censored?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    how come OP-ness isnt censored?

that took me like 5-10 seconds to get..... b:surrender
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    bah dum tsh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited October 2012
    Options
    PWCN patch notes are always more interesting than ours :(
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20121023/67610.shtml

-new LA helm to the Faction Base (I'm assuming in vault 8 with the other 2)
    -buffed 7x quests
    -buffed XP from doing World Quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

-buffed 7x quests
    that last one is long over do
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options

-buffed 7x quests

Nice to see them upgrading the quests. Hopefully they'll be more worth doing now.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ohh also I think they are letting you stack base apoth!
    5 上调帮派基地所用功勋兑换的药品的堆叠上限。
    "The the 5 raised gangs base used maximum stack feats convertible drugs."
    I can tell because google translate puts 'base', 'drugs', 'maximum', and 'stack' all in the same sentence. Man I'm good at chinese.

I'm going to update my client to see if I can find specifics on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ohh also I think they are letting you stack base apoth!

I can tell because google translate puts 'base', 'drugs', 'maximum', and 'stack' all in the same sentence. Man I'm good at chinese.

I'm going to update my client to see if I can find specifics on that.

Please and thank you! Pan Gus not stacking burns way too much invo space and if this happens I'll be one happy camper.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    auto pot

yay more bot reports

why not just allow botting .. the whole setup is just about perfect for it & i'm tired of taking my time out to make/update tickets.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Please and thank you! Pan Gus not stacking burns way too much invo space and if this happens I'll be one happy camper.

Just checked and they raised the stack limit from 1 to 100 for Pan Gu :)
    Here's the new LA helm. http://i.imgur.com/vzvpb.png it's exactly same as Golden Blast helm except it has 260 base HP and dex instead of STR. (still has 200 mres)
    also the new World Quest XP is 678k for 90+ / 452k for 80+ / 226k for 70+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.