Endgame R9 3rd cast Blademaster Balance

Fantasyz - Lost City
Fantasyz - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Blademaster
Alright, so since R9 3rd cast has been released BMs are seriously broken. The purify skill on the R9 magic weapons procs way too often in my opinion and since a BMs chi is very important 1 drake bash or HF followed by a purify proc will waste all the chi.

As a good BM it's fairly easy to beat Venos/Wizards/Clerics, but psychics, they have Soul of Silence + Puri on their weapons which means that you'll get either silenced or they get a purify every 1-2 hits. And yes, you could use Will Surge, but it doesn't last very long and it takes alot of genie energy which is needed if you want to break their Soul of Stunning with Fortify.

I suggest that BMs get a slight accuracy increase to be able to beat archers/sins and the removal of Purify on the Apothesis Soulsphere (Psychic R9 weapon).

I'd like to hear your opinions, let's get this discussion going.
Best BM in PW history.
Post edited by Fantasyz - Lost City on

Comments

• Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dafuq?

Dude, there is almost nobody on LC that has r9 3rd cast. What in the world have you been smoking that you are posting about private server issues on a live server o.O!?!?!?
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • George_Bush - Harshlands
    George_Bush - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Purify has definitely made casters a lot harder to kill, but imo it is necessary for the overall balance. It nerfs aps in pvp, but doing rank 9 axe skill spamming, you can still manage to kill, but the fight will be longer.

I have killed both endgame wizards and psychics with purify. They are a lot harder than rank 9 2nd cast because sometimes it is frustrating to have a HF purified immediate after a hit.

(1) On Wizards, first if they're not wearing 2 physical rings +12, it is fairly easy to stunlock them with axe and kill them in 1 well-performed stunlock if the purify doesn't proc. Since Purify procs less with skill spamming, it is highly possible. So if the internet speed is fine, I usually roar, do 3 skills, then smack + whirlwind + drake bash to connect the stuns perfectly.

(2) On psychics it helps to get law breaker on genie. So the idea is to pressure them into using immunities. So just roar + HF them. If I get sealed after HF use law breaker. If you caught them in black voodoo it's GG. But often even when they're in white voodoo you can still do a lot of damage with a zerk crit after HF on them. If you manage to get their immunities in cd, you can stun them at half hp, tangling mire (from 100 strength genie), then 1 shot them using blade tornado.

Concerning the chi problem. If fighting a caster and you're short on chi, it helps to have a poleblade and sword with square formation effect, and spam drake sweet + spirit chaser for chi. You should only be using roar + meteor + aeolian blade for stuns, and you will regain chi back fairly quickly.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Alright, so since R9 3rd cast has been released BMs are seriously broken. The purify skill on the R9 magic weapons procs way too often in my opinion and since a BMs chi is very important 1 drake bash or HF followed by a purify proc will waste all the chi.

As a good BM it's fairly easy to beat Venos/Wizards/Clerics, but psychics, they have Soul of Silence + Puri on their weapons which means that you'll get either silenced or they get a purify every 1-2 hits. And yes, you could use Will Surge, but it doesn't last very long and it takes alot of genie energy which is needed if you want to break their Soul of Stunning with Fortify.

I suggest that BMs get a slight accuracy increase to be able to beat archers/sins and the removal of Purify on the Apothesis Soulsphere (Psychic R9 weapon).

I'd like to hear your opinions, let's get this discussion going.

If the purify skill is your biggest complaint you're doin it wrong, especially if were talking TW/Group PK over 1v1. Even in 1v1 it's a matter of survival, patience, and timing.

That's kinda the end of the discussion. You need to widen your style past drake bash and HF.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't pk 1v1, but i go to TW. It does not matter what other people have, group co-ordination can bring down any 1 person. There is might in numbers, we use that to our advantage.

A veno purges, bm hf+stun, DD's do their magic, barb does arma, people don't survive onslaughts like that no matter what kind of hp you have if you are not in IG or similar that is b:chuckle.

1v1 will be harder, take it as a challenge to beat them, or don't pk them if you think it is unfair. That item is here to stay, either live with it or ignore it.
  • Fantasyz - Lost City
    Fantasyz - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Purify has definitely made casters a lot harder to kill, but imo it is necessary for the overall balance. It nerfs aps in pvp, but doing rank 9 axe skill spamming, you can still manage to kill, but the fight will be longer.

I have killed both endgame wizards and psychics with purify. They are a lot harder than rank 9 2nd cast because sometimes it is frustrating to have a HF purified immediate after a hit.

(1) On Wizards, first if they're not wearing 2 physical rings +12, it is fairly easy to stunlock them with axe and kill them in 1 well-performed stunlock if the purify doesn't proc. Since Purify procs less with skill spamming, it is highly possible. So if the internet speed is fine, I usually roar, do 3 skills, then smack + whirlwind + drake bash to connect the stuns perfectly.

(2) On psychics it helps to get law breaker on genie. So the idea is to pressure them into using immunities. So just roar + HF them. If I get sealed after HF use law breaker. If you caught them in black voodoo it's GG. But often even when they're in white voodoo you can still do a lot of damage with a zerk crit after HF on them. If you manage to get their immunities in cd, you can stun them at half hp, tangling mire (from 100 strength genie), then 1 shot them using blade tornado.

Concerning the chi problem. If fighting a caster and you're short on chi, it helps to have a poleblade and sword with square formation effect, and spam drake sweet + spirit chaser for chi. You should only be using roar + meteor + aeolian blade for stuns, and you will regain chi back fairly quickly.

Wizards are yes, fairly easy to kill, unless they're really good and have a 91+ LP genie.
    Also, any decent endgame wiz would use 2 physical rings versus a BM.
    Unless you have a ****ty genie wizards aren't able to kill you either so it's pretty balanced.

If you're fighting a "good" psychic with a great genie your HF combo will most likely fail even though you use lawbreaker. Since most good psychics stat their genies with vit/mag and only use EP against BMs. What you need to do is waste their genie energy by making them use AD/Expell and then do your combo.
    Also, demon psychics got an insane amount of damage output.

My point is that psychics doesn't need the purify skill, as if the class wasn't easy enough to play without it.

And please don't tell me that you're using a strength genie for PvP.
    If the purify skill is your biggest complaint you're doin it wrong, especially if were talking TW/Group PK over 1v1. Even in 1v1 it's a matter of survival, patience, and timing.

That's kinda the end of the discussion. You need to widen your style past drake bash and HF.

Yeah, I'm obviously talking about a 1 versus 1 scenario. I rarely use neither Drake Bash nor HF.
    Best BM in PW history.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wizards are yes, fairly easy to kill, unless they're really good and have a 91+ LP genie.
    Also, any decent endgame wiz would use 2 physical rings versus a BM.
    Unless you have a ****ty genie wizards aren't able to kill you either so it's pretty balanced.

If you're fighting a "good" psychic with a great genie your HF combo will most likely fail even though you use lawbreaker. Since most good psychics stat their genies with vit/mag and only use EP against BMs. What you need to do is waste their genie energy by making them use AD/Expell and then do your combo.
    Also, demon psychics got an insane amount of damage output.

My point is that psychics doesn't need the purify skill, as if the class wasn't easy enough to play without it.

And please don't tell me that you're using a strength genie for PvP.

Yeah, I'm obviously talking about a 1 versus 1 scenario. I rarely use neither Drake Bash nor HF.

Yanno for someone coming off as a know it all, the fact you're whining that you can't take on Psys 1v1 instead of finding it a challenge speaks volumes of your character.

Post some videos. Im willing to bet its your playstyle, not a gear issue.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There is nothing wrong with using strength genie in 1v1 as long as the strength genie has Tree of Protection + AD. On psychics the best way to kill them is to play defensively first, i.e. don't use any genie skills and always have AD/ToP ready in case the psychic uses a big combo on you. Then as soon as you see their genie is not ready for AD, get their HP close to 1/2, roar of pride, tangling mire, and then they're a 1 shot to blade tornado since it ignores attack/defense levels. Their other immunities don't work when they're stunned. A fancier combo that can 1 shot a psy at full HP is Glacial Spike -> White Tea -> Roar -> Mire -> Blade Tornado.
  • HolyDivine - Lost City
    HolyDivine - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yanno for someone coming off as a know it all, the fact you're whining that you can't take on Psys 1v1 instead of finding it a challenge speaks volumes of your character.

Post some videos. Im willing to bet its your playstyle, not a gear issue.

I'm not saying I can't take on Psys 1 vs 1, which I can it's just that I think they're easy enough to play as it is and doesn't really need it.
    There is nothing wrong with using strength genie in 1v1 as long as the strength genie has Tree of Protection + AD. On psychics the best way to kill them is to play defensively first, i.e. don't use any genie skills and always have AD/ToP ready in case the psychic uses a big combo on you. Then as soon as you see their genie is not ready for AD, get their HP close to 1/2, roar of pride, tangling mire, and then they're a 1 shot to blade tornado since it ignores attack/defense levels. Their other immunities don't work when they're stunned. A fancier combo that can 1 shot a psy at full HP is Glacial Spike -> White Tea -> Roar -> Mire -> Blade Tornado.

I agree that Blade Tornado is really good against psychics, basically the only use it has in PvP.

Why would you use Glacial Spike at 1/2 HP instead of HF? By the time you have RotP that 5 sec crit bonus from demon glacier would already be gone before you cast Blade Tornado, I'd say demon HF would be a better option (if you have it). Also, this combo needs to be used when you're sure that the Psy you're fighting doesn't have enough genie energy for Badge/Expel/Faith.

Also for PvP with R9 gear (since APS is pretty useless against magic classes with 3rd cast) a strength genie is the worst choice for a BM, dex or vit/mag is way better.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Why would you use Glacial Spike at 1/2 HP instead of HF? By the time you have RotP that 5 sec crit bonus from demon glacier would already be gone before you cast Blade Tornado, I'd say demon HF would be a better option (if you have it). Also, this combo needs to be used when you're sure that the Psy you're fighting doesn't have enough genie energy for Badge/Expel/Faith.

Also for PvP with R9 gear (since APS is pretty useless against magic classes with 3rd cast) a strength genie is the worst choice for a BM, dex or vit/mag is way better.

because Blade Tornado's damage cannot crit and it cannot be amplified by HF/extreme poison. Only defense modifies it.

Strength genie is inferior to dex in mass pvp, but in 1v1 against certain classes it does a better job. Tangling mire from a 100 strength genie > extreme poison against psychic. Also it's extremely hard to kill tanky classes like barb/seeker/bm with extreme poison alone.
  • HolyDivine - Lost City
    HolyDivine - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    because Blade Tornado's damage cannot crit and it cannot be amplified by HF/extreme poison. Only defense modifies it.

Strength genie is inferior to dex in mass pvp, but in 1v1 against certain classes it does a better job. Tangling mire from a 100 strength genie > extreme poison against psychic. Also it's extremely hard to kill tanky classes like barb/seeker/bm with extreme poison alone.

My bad on the Blade Tornado skill, I don't have it yet but looking forward to it, I've heard it's pretty useless though.
    Also, about the genie, although mire does give more damage output it's the only pro having a str genie.

BMs/Seekers are very easy to kill w/ EP and/or Mire without a str genie.

You can't kill a 3rd cast barb with JoSD shards unless he doesn't have SS/Cornored Beast.

Vit/Mag>Dex>Str
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I have both strength and dex genie. I mainly use dex genie now since I just love badge of courage and wind shield and 16 second extreme poison. But against psychics and wizards, I always use strength genie because I want to have law breaker.