Aoe Grind- Gear advice

Beleni - Dreamweaver
Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Barbarian
Currently im doing it on Map 3 OHT. fairly decent drops and coins.
however, there is a downfall. due my armour being G 15. i get hit by heavy repair bills.

-my question to you is.
--Are there any quest items, fairly high lvl that have no / low repair cost?-
for example the Map 4 belt cost only 1 coin to repair.

the mobs in there are not difficult at all. so really any HA set would be worth it.
Post edited by Beleni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Repairs are just something you have to deal with, so tighten up cub
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    I am Pleased to announce that;
    The Award for the most helpful answer of the year goes to : _Mg_Zr . ( Sarcasm)

A friend gave me a tip- create armours (OHT) ones or any mid - high lvl armour set and Aim for Increased Endurance bonus.
    it wont reduce the repair bill itself.,but items will last longer. so you take more hits between repairs.

still hoping for 1 coin items though :P
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    he just said the truth, repairs are something u gotta deal with, if u think your 200-300k repair is high, imma tell u something, i've been doing PV 100 and every 2 days i gotta repair over 500k on r9 gears, but that's the hard work im having to get to 104, so as MgZr said, deal with it!
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am Pleased to announce that;
    The Award for the most helpful answer of the year goes to : _Mg_Zr . ( Sarcasm)

A friend gave me a tip- create armours (OHT) ones or any mid - high lvl armour set and Aim for Increased Endurance bonus.
    it wont reduce the repair bill itself.,but items will last longer. so you take more hits between repairs.

still hoping for 1 coin items though :P

I dont see the point in downgrading your gear cause lets face it OHT sucks (if OHT is an upgrade for your gear then that is the problem you face) and the +endurance add on sucks as well.

If you really cant face your repair fees then maybe you should get a better weapon so you kill the mobs faster.

Ty btw for the award cause there isnt really much else you can do about repairs unless all you want to do is talk to people.

Oh and a bit of advice never pk because you definitley wont like it when your gear shatters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2012

All that basically means is that your repair bill is going to be even higher when you finally do repair. If you dont want to see huge repair bills, go to town and repair every 10 minutes.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    ok my current gear set is full g15 Nirvana + 101 axes.
    i could not justify using that Grade armour on mobs that hit so little damage to begin with.
    I have Np paying repair bills for high end game instances or Solo TM : 69, where I need that armour to stand better chance.
    but by downgrading my gear and getting max endurance bonus on OHT armour. ive cut my repair bill down to 36k after a 2 hour session in Map 3.

and yes Endurance bonus does lower your repair bill.
    your armour takes more hits per npc value.
    +75% bonus means the armour needs 75% more hits to drop coin value.
    and as for my attack power. i could one shot the mobs with arma, but that leaves me no chi for the next pull;
    so I triple + sunder then Surf. - gives me full chi for next pull and full HP.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Repairing cost is calculated by the value of the item undamaged times the fraction of endurance left.

In otherwords if an item fully repaired would npc for 100k and it has 50/50 endurance and you damage it down to 20/50 endurance that item would be worth 40k and take 60k to repair.

So to answer the question, chrono map belts have a value of 1 coin. Get them down to 1/356 endurance and it costs... 1 coin to repair. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other items like this Q.q but you can keep your eyes out for them. If you craft OHT gear with high endurance adds the value of the item doesn't increase but the amount it takes to damage it does, so cheaper repair bills.

You may also consider the long term benefit of refining your weapon higher. It costs money to refine the weapon, but mobs die quicker so you save time and have less repairs so you get more money in return.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    he just said the truth, repairs are something u gotta deal with, if u think your 200-300k repair is high, imma tell u something, i've been doing PV 100 and every 2 days i gotta repair over 500k on r9 gears, but that's the hard work im having to get to 104, so as MgZr said, deal with it!

I agree. I Soloed the nightspike quest and got 1 freakin nightspike crystal. I have full r9 and my repair bill was 798k. It's something barbs have to deal with. And that was only 1 solo run. I also went though 2.5 hp charms. Be ready to also deal with that. Barbs fly through hp charms and high repair bills. There is no way around it.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm