I'm highly offended.

Xaliie - Dreamweaver
Xaliie - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
As are many others on dreamweaver if they've seen world chat in the last 30 minutes. If something isn't done about the offensive user in world chat, that I've already sent in a ticket about, this company won't be getting any more of my money. I'm more tolerant of the trolls than most people but this just crossed my line. Is there any way to contact a gm, besides sending in a ticket, which has been done numerous times by several of my friends, and others on dreamweaver as well.
Post edited by Xaliie - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dear Dramaqueen,
    use black list.

sincerely,
    idgaf
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What is it about this time?
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Blacklist and knowing how to ignore WC are very handy things.

Not like the person is having cybersex or whatever in WC.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Something probably wont be done about the player til at least tomorrow. Don't know what their hours are like on monday, but they aren't around during the weekend.

and yes blacklist helps. If its full, just delete someone you know isn't even active anymore(I got tons that arent, that are on mine).
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just someone "teaching" people about Hitler and vitamins, from what I saw. And then people quoted some political quotes. One guy said some intentionally offensive things about Hitler/the holocaust that I wont' repeat here so maybe that's what OP is referring too. Maybe I came on too late but I didn't see anything you wouldn't typically see whenever someone tries to "educate" people. Although throwing a bunch of random quotes out there isn't really education. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /blacklist, move on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just someone "teaching" people about Hitler and vitamins, from what I saw. And then people quoted some political quotes. One guy said some intentionally offensive things about Hitler/the holocaust that I wont' repeat here so maybe that's what OP is referring too. Maybe I came on too late but I didn't see anything you wouldn't typically see whenever someone tries to "educate" people. Although throwing a bunch of random quotes out there isn't really education. :P

Is that all? How long have you been on DW, OP? I've been around for the duration of the server's life so far, and I can tell you that I've seen 10 times worse, and guess what? They're still around.b:shutup
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Opening world chat with some faith in humanity..... aaaaaaaand, it's gone." Welcome to the reality of online gaming, people want the attention, be it good or bad. They'll do/say anything so that either their name will be known around the server as "The person who said x, y & z over WC one time." or just simply for the lulz. The only thing you'll accomplish by making it known you've taken offense to what they've said publicly, will fuel them to do it even more. Good start by submitting a ticket, but chances are all they will tell you is that they will 'deal' with the offending player and suggest that you use the blacklist function anyway. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Xaliie - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    This is my second acct and have also been on dreamweaver a long time and have seen things that could have been considered worse, but when someone has family that was a victim of 9/11 its pretty hurtful. Or a breast cancer victim. And blacklist doesn't always help when people respond to it. I can't blacklist them all.
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dear Xaliie,

Blacklist.

Sincerly,

All the ****ers on this game who gave up on the GM team back in 2010.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Being able to blacklist isn't an excuse for vulgar or offensive behavior in WC. People need punished for putting offensive material and anything that circumvents the chat filter into WC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Being able to blacklist isn't an excuse for vulgar or offensive behavior in WC. People need punished for putting offensive material and anything that circumvents the chat filter into WC.

If there is a defined line of freedom of speech that is in terms of material, not censorship.

Otherwise...in most cases, you are punishing based on your own opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    this company won't be getting any more of my money.

Awwww... there goes another dollar.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Tye - Harshlands
    Tye - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Man, I hate how people have conversations over WC. Unfortunately, it's been around forever, and it'll probably never go away.
    They should add a chat filter for offensive words used in game. Replace all offensive words with names of fruit, and replace any offensive sentence with a random fruit generator.

WC:
    Person 1: I got a 10 inch apple!

2: What?

1: what the banana?

1: It did it again...what the vegetable! why won't it let me swear? I said I have a 10 inch pineapple!

2: The carrot?

2: what the orange was that?

1: see?

2: Mango! Kiwi! WTF(ruit)!?

3: You guys are.....weird. /blacklist

Don't ask what goes on in my head b:surrender
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Man, I hate how people have conversations over WC. Unfortunately, it's been around forever, and it'll probably never go away.
    They should add a chat filter for offensive words used in game. Replace all offensive words with names of fruit, and replace any offensive sentence with a random fruit generator.

WC:

1: It did it again...what the vegetable! why won't it let me swear? I said I have a 10 inch pineapple!

That doesn't work. Sure they can block all the offensive words spelled correctly, but we twist it adding a * in it or skipping a letter like in the F word people will spell it without the u and that's going to be ok to the system or even making some spaces in the word. People will always find a way around the system unless GM's are on 24/7 monitoring world chat.
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That doesn't work. Sure they can block all the offensive words spelled correctly, but we twist it adding a * in it or skipping a letter like in the F word people will spell it without the u and that's going to be ok to the system or even making some spaces in the word. People will always find a way around the system unless GM's are on 24/7 monitoring world chat.
    Use Regex
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lol this reminds me of the time when I was playing another mmo, and I discovered a way around the censorship without having to use periods to break up the words. For some reason the chat system didn't recognize the " character so when that was used to break up an offensive word, it would show up in the chat box as a full unbroken swear, I got called a hacker so many times because of that. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012

WC:

I doubt you were around at the time, but they tried this at some point.
    The result was players names bein cencored, because they had a certain combination of letters in them. The word that those letters made when alone was cencored, and thus names would be cencored to. Those people could not play in squad anymore, because noone could type theyr names, or select them in chat box to invite, or whisper them, ect

Even MOB names were cencored.
    The best example was a boss that normally sais:
    'You will never defeat me', and was cencored to 'You will never def******'.
    Because 'eat me' was aperently cencored.

Let's not go back to that.
    Not to mention that automated cencorship doesn't work on the internet. All it does is block accidently offencive things, without doing anything against those that actually want to type the word.
    Example: ****
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I personally ignore what i don't wanna see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xaliie - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Last thing I'm gonna say on the issue is, Ive spent a couple thousand dollars on this game. Idc what you think of me for it, my choice, but why should my gameplay be affected because of a troll like that. Just because I blocked him doesn't mean others have, thus making it harder to find groups for things.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I personally ignore what i don't wanna see.

And this.
    I sometimes hear people complain in faction chat about red spam. Than I start paying attention to it, and suddenly I also see red spam. Unles someone points me to it, I don't even see that stuf

Last thing I'm gonna say on the issue is, Ive spent a couple thousand dollars on this game. Idc what you think of me for it, my choice, but why should my gameplay be affected because of a troll like that. Just because I blocked him doesn't mean others have, thus making it harder to find groups for things.

Welcome to the internet
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And this.
    I sometimes hear people complain in faction chat about red spam. Than I start paying attention to it, and suddenly I also see red spam. Unles someone points me to it, I don't even see that stuf

Welcome to the internet

+1 Ignoring what you don't want to see isn't that difficult but has great benefits.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If there is a defined line of freedom of speech that is in terms of material, not censorship.

Otherwise...in most cases, you are punishing based on your own opinion.
    Freedom of speech isn't protected in games and forums. and there is a defined line on PW it's in the TOS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iyeru - Dreamweaver
    Iyeru - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dear Dramaqueen,
    use black list.

sincerely,
    idgaf

That doesn't work for horns iirc.
    My character is a Psychic, over level 21 on Dreamweaver.
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    +1 Ignoring what you don't want to see isn't that difficult but has great benefits.

Ignoring a situation will not make it go away but only encourages it to continue unchecked. Which is why there is a problem now with people saying anything they wish to offend others. This type of speech is not protected under the first amendment and has no place in real life or a game.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, I'm all for ignoring and blacklisting and I do use it to the best of my ability but I do need to use world chat sometimes to get squads for the stuff I need.

It's kinda hard to not see that stuff when I'm trying to get squads to get my stuff done.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    First solution: blacklist. You don't want to hear something, then don't.

Second solution: Grow the ** up. You're choosing to be offended. I understand many different things are offensive to many different people but most of us stop acting like hurt little 10 year olds and learn to ignore offensive behavior when it is just targetted to hurt us. Like adults. People go on and on about how people need to tailor their offensive behavior to other, but in the same respect some people are so easily offended and should tailor their personal sensitivities to society.

Your issue is that you're not personally offended hearing it, you're more concerned that others are being allowed to hear that persons stupid ideas and you want to censor them.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Since we got a new CM, I wish rules regarding bad in-game behavior will be reinforced... Hopefully.
    We need game chat to be controlled and ruled over by an iron fist... And please, no cash shopping immunity.

Buahahaha... b:sin
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kiskadee - Dreamweaver
    Kiskadee - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow a lot of you here lack understanding and empathy. BTW this been, to my knowledge, at least going on for 3 weeks straight nightly.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Freedom of speech isn't protected in games and forums. and there is a defined line on PW it's in the TOS.

Citing their TOS is terrible since they rarely enforce it. Should we mention our lovely FC exploit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
This discussion has been closed.