What makes you think, id love to have that squad again.

Options
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Barbarian
Since there is that thread about what pisses us off in squads, I thought id make a thread to find out what makes us enjoy squads.

Guess I should start, the number one thing i like is being complimented and appreciated by the squad. The other thing would be squad mates who know how to play their class.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Cleric's that heal before a pull or before I'm in danger, but when I'm "safe" or not taking too much damage know how to debuff or dd. Cleric's that spam IH on my while I'm full health or hardly taking damage make me go "wow... you're helpful." But when a cleric debuffs a mob I'm apsing with paint on it gives me more heals, the mob dies quicker, and they don't need to heal me. Or when I have a group of mobs aggroed and near dead and they tempest and everything dies I know they weighed healing me vs killing what was hurting me. Also, I <3 strong heals, which is a given for clerics.

Sins that Rib Strike.

Seekers that whisper me asking about debuffing. Some of them will underbuffed my Devour with Soulsever. Fine enough since theirs lasts 3 minutes and mine lasts 4 seconds but whats the point if I'm spamming devour for the 50% debuff and will just overwrite theirs in a few seconds. I'd rather coordinate and have them use Northern Sky or me not use Devour. Them whispering lets me know they're considering it.

Wizards that support heal, Psy's that squad purify, mystics that support heal, BMs that use MSS. None of these are particularly dire, but it lets me know they're heads up players and not just dd's on a macro.

Blademaster's that watch the squad bar for my bestial rage and only aoe stun if someone else is in danger, I'm in danger, or bestial has worn off. Drives me nuts when I have a chain planned for keeping aggro and I don't get the chi to do it and lose aggro.

Squads that get inside and started as soon as they're in squad. So many people join a squad and are go do things on their own until the squad is fully made and everyone is inside buffing and waiting on them.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Myzzie - Lothranis
    Myzzie - Lothranis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    When the bm is timeing HF after the tanker's (most DDer) spark.

When the cleric IH instead of wellspring while facing a boss that hits hard :p
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    wondering if i should reply to the "hate" thread before reply to this one. oh hard decision b:lipcurl
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    People understand how to play their class, and they use all possible debuffs from their class, genies at each spark cycle.

People who tell you what they want from you and when, and help you improve the timing with it. For example, had a r9+12 archer, she asked me to hf right after her boa is set up, I did that. The other time, a barb asked me to time the hf with the arma, and the waves died one shot. In casters when the wizzy, psy, dd's all spark at once and i hf timed with everyone. Most bosses die in 1 spark.

Moral of the story: People communicate with others in squad in what they want from other classes, those people are usually friendly and fun to play with.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    wondering if i should reply to the "hate" thread before reply to this one. oh hard decision b:lipcurl

**** the hate thread b:laugh,
    One other thing i like and is when a cleric uses BB instead of aoe healing when ever i lure the big room (or any of the other big lures in fc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Clerics who stack IH on me during fights or before I pull.

BMs who time HF with my Armas. Bonus points if they can time it with my Sunder-Armas.

Squads who wait till I sunder-arma for aggro before unloading on an AoE pull.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Although I'm a relative nub, I have to say one things makes a huge difference;

Communication

A whole squad that communicates, where ppl cross-check everyone is ready before pulling a boss. Where they ask which bosses ppl need for a BH or other mobs for quests. Where they ask for help "can't tank the physical aoe, can someone pull to this point while I hang back."

That sort of thing.

Even when it all goes wrong and the whole squad dies, if people talk then it's lots more fun.
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    **** the hate thread b:laugh

ok o.O
    a squad with a really good cleric, that heals the squad when needed, and use skills like purify or sage buffs, also being able to atk when can.

a bm that think on the sqd dmg, and not on his little fist dmg, so he can hf when the sqd be rdy instead of spark anytime his cloud eruption be rdy.

a sin that knows what to do! because srsly, sins nowadays are just ridiculously dumb.

all other classes are fine imo, i just had problems with those 3, clerics that lack on support, bms that just hf for themself, and sins doing noobish things.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A balanced squad where all players are being skilled and an important addition to the squad. Having an r9 sin or 2 kill everything in seconds while the rest is running afteir him to support him with buffs/debuffs and making him happy by HFing at the right time might be really fast and thus profitable, but it is utterly boring. Also, a balanced team of skilled players with G11-G14 equipment can sometimes beat bosses where the G16sin fails (who often doesnt want to think about strategic planning and wont listen to imput from others)
  • Tye - Harshlands
    Tye - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A balanced squad where all players are being skilled and an important addition to the squad. Having an r9 sin or 2 kill everything in seconds while the rest is running afteir him to support him with buffs/debuffs and making him happy by HFing at the right time might be really fast and thus profitable, but it is utterly boring.

I totally agree with this. I'm not that high level, so I don't know about the end/near end game content, but doing simple things like bh51/59/69, everytime I ask for an invite, it's always got some level 100+ sin or bm that just does everything. I even tried to get together a squad in WC once(spent about 10 mins looking and wasting teles) asking for people around the same level -- I had one reply. I try this in guild chat too, but never with success. Nowadays, I just duo everything with my cleric and barb(same level). Takes longer, but I actually enjoy it, and I guarantee I know both of my classes extremely well.

On topic: any squad without a high level doing everything for me. I play this game to play, not to follow someone and smack my weapons on the boss which dies in 5-10 seconds regardless(barb)/ cast an IH every once in awhile.(cleric)
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Apstards that don't spark-autoattack when Leaf is self buffing.

Apstards that don't jump on Captivation while I said ''I'm going now to attack, stack my heals please''

Just saw a 16k r9 +10 bm got oneshot by Capti, I just loled so hard. It was a fac run for a big tw faction in RT with only me as an outsider. Just because your R9 does not mean you can really handle everything. Worst of it all the bm was their fac leader, I can just imagine the chat on that oneb:laugh
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Squads that reacts or Pre-act to situations quickly.

Cloud be a cleric starting to heal a Psy before they Draw aggro.

or a BM catching a group with Stun.

but normally it is good communication between squad members that makes a party enjoyable.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    probably just squad mates who dont do something stupid... like... a psychic attacking sac assault mobs inside melee range

/facedesk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Since there is that thread about what pisses us off in squads, I thought id make a thread to find out what makes us enjoy squads.

Guess I should start, the number one thing i like is being complimented and appreciated by the squad. The other thing would be squad mates who know how to play their class.

i actually enjoyed that in a bh59 on my archer alt, a BM ran up to the first group of mobs that are bundled together in the Metal path to zimo. He ran up and stunned them all, i didnt miss a beat and used boa on them right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    When there is another r9 in squad with ego thinking we know nothing when he doesnt even do his part-to busy acting like a boss its funny ive beeb playing quite awale and browze the fourms to learn..and get people who know nothing acting like a boss-or another thing when egos clash..i just end up finding a new s
    quad