Things you don't want to hear your squadmates say

Options

Comments

• Synster_Gate - Heavens Tear
    Synster_Gate - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Idk whether this guy was trolling or serious but he was wc saying looking for 5aps for fb29 wined..lol
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have 4.5k hp, I can tank those two bosses in fox form and I've done it over 50 times. I think I know what I'm doing. And the only reason that barb kept aggro was because I gave him demon bramble.

Well with that kind of gear, no reason not to have you pull. /shrug
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Idk whether this guy was trolling or serious but he was wc saying looking for 5aps for fb29 wined..lol
    Must be a heavy cashshoper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "Clerics buffs channel really nice but their combat skills take ages"

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That was when I was still a lowbie, and before I got to 97, way before that.

Cleric: "Don't give me bramble!"
    Me(veno): "Why not?"
    Cleric: "It slows down my channelling D:"

Really? Really? At least use a decent reason for me to not give you bramble lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That was when I was still a lowbie, and before I got to 97, way before that.

Cleric: "Don't give me bramble!"
    Me(veno): "Why not?"
    Cleric: "It slows down my channelling D:"

Really? Really? At least use a decent reason for me to not give you bramble lol

Good clerics dont' like it because it makes it harder for DDs to take aggro off of them if they've had it longer than a second.

Bad clerics don't like it because good clerics don't like it.

For example, I was in Bh59 with my veno. There was a wizzy tank in squad, two clerics and a mystic. After the first boss the clerics left because they had the boss they needed. The mystic said she was done too and logged her cleric to finish the rest of the run because she didn't think she could solo heal. She logs in a 101 cleric and joins squad. Since she's naturally tanking it, I gave her bramble for any physical damage she might take. She was taking a surprising amount of it actually, don't know why she got so close to the mobs.

Her: D: Bramble
    Me: What's wrong?
    Her: I don't like bramble on my cleric
    Me: Yes, because melee mobs that hit you will take damage, which increases your aggro. You're the tank, you want aggro. So you should be brambled.
    Her: Yeah but my cleric can't do as much damage when bramble is on and my heals are weaker.
    Me:.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Good clerics dont' like it because it makes it harder for DDs to take aggro off of them if they've had it longer than a second.

For example, I was in Bh59 with my veno. There was a wizzy tank in squad, two clerics and a mystic. After the first boss the clerics left because they had the boss they needed. The mystic said she was done too and logged her cleric to finish the rest of the run because she didn't think she could solo heal. She logs in a 101 cleric and joins squad. Since she's naturally tanking it, I gave her bramble for any physical damage she might take. She was taking a surprising amount of it actually, don't know why she got so close to the mobs.

Me: Yes, because melee mobs that hit you will take damage, which increases your aggro. You're the tank, you want aggro. So you should be brambled.
    Her: Yeah but my cleric can't do as much damage when bramble is on and my heals are weaker.

I actually enjoy bramble on every class. Though I do agree that all the bramble myths people come up with drives me nuts. It's even worse when I ask for it and the veno gives some stupid or completely false reason why I shouldn't/can't have it.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    I actually enjoy bramble on every class. Though I do agree that all the bramble myths people come up with drives me nuts. It's even worse when I ask for it and the veno gives some stupid or completely false reason why I shouldn't/can't have it.

If i don't get bramble on my character. I stand next to the veno and use the actions like fight stance 1~4, defend, taunt, victory things like that, until the veno gives me bramble, tends to work for me.b:laugh
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If i don't get bramble on my character. I stand next to the veno and use the actions like fight stance 1~4, defend, taunt, victory things like that, until the veno gives me bramble, tends to work for me.b:laugh

Spam kiss and shy? b:cute
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Well, I know that. Which is why I never give bramble on an arcane class that doesn't act as tank, or sub-tank, or DD and even then, I rarely give it to arcanes for the reasons listed above. I always put it on myself and the only moment where I don't give it to others is when I am tanking an instance for others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well, I know that. Which is why I never give bramble on an arcane class that doesn't act as tank, or sub-tank, or DD and even then, I rarely give it to arcanes for the reasons listed above. I always put it on myself and the only moment where I don't give it to others is when I am tanking an instance for others.

I run through Archo and bramble every Cleric I see, unless there's a TW in the next 45 minutes.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I run through Archo and bramble every Cleric I see, unless there's a TW in the next 45 minutes.

You should troll them and bramble them right before TW LOL.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You should troll them and bramble them right before TW LOL.

You do realize that clerics should ahve bramble in TW, right...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options

You do realize that clerics should ahve bramble in TW, right...?

Should overwrite their buffs with level 1 stuff before TW.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Any squad mate: " Sorry I gtg for trials/free fc heads/TT/nirvana/anything " in a middle of dungeon.

And THIS didnt happen in squad or dungeon but..

We were dueling at north gate of Archo. Ok so there is this one fellow cleric.
    He duels my gf's veno like 10 times in a row and loses. He is pure arcane, my gf has HA/AA veno.
    He gives up and wants to duel my gf's assassin. He is SO FULL OF HIMSELF right when he gets the sin killed and says no-one can beat him when he gets bigger levels.
    I duel him with mystic. I pwned him with cragglord-absord soul and cleric QQs and wants to try again and again. I said I could try on him with my sin. My gf says I could one shot him with sin, he is like " no he cant even his lvl 100 barb cannot 1 shot me "
    So, here we go with sin. I shadow teleport on him and get fast chi with inner harmony. Then I 1 shot him with headhunt.
    He calls it hax because I used teleport to get him. Also he called it hax when gf won him on her sin by stealthing and then jumping on him with deep sting.

Errrr....

Cleric, my mystic, veno and sin were 6x. My sin was 75.

Sounds like another sin hater. So many people call sin's method of pvp cheating/hax yet they don't realize every character has their own style of gameplay and accept it.
    truekossy wrote: »
    Should overwrite their buffs with level 1 stuff before TW.

That's what I meant lol. Also a lvl 1 SoV lmao.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Heard this one in the middle of a delta.

"I need to brb, how do you pause this?"
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Heard this one in the middle of a delta.

"I need to brb, how do you pause this?"

That one actually made me smile. I asked the same thing the first time I played on PWI, which was my first MMO. Of course I was level like 10 not delta level....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That one actually made me smile. I asked the same thing the first time I played on PWI, which was my first MMO. Of course I was level like 10 not delta level....

I can understand that at level 10, but 100? lol

C'mon... b:surrender
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Oh God ,Oh God, i'm on fire!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Whenever a squad mate say the following (and is the lead, tank, healer):

AFK - Food
    AFK - Door
    AFK - Bathroom
    brb
    "I have to go"
    "I just got a free big room :D" (While we are at big room...)
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    " buuf cleric " from a psy in 79 when no one else inside dungeon and even I can solo mobs with my 8x cleric.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Had a cleric and a psy together in this squad. The cleric sees the psy using Bubble of Life.

Then this is what the cleric says to the psy:

"Hey could you heal so I can DD?"
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

From a venomancer red name: ''Put your squad protection on so you don't kill me with AoE''.... We tried during 5 minutes to explain her that we cannot kill people in our squad (we wasn't in AeU) and she was still saying to put squad protection on...<- again a great example of power leveling.

Bella cant u forget that was a few months ago i was about 8x and was my first time red. lol sry for getting u mad. actually i hated this squad bec after run i was pked by some1 and i lost my razor sting and aquadash.
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Not what they say but what they have gear wise. At least you should have lvl90+ gear for bh100. To may times i see ppl come in with TT80 gear and it just makes it hard to kill some bosses like SnakeFist.

My barb was lvl100 and I didn't BH100 until i got my R8 Gear just so I wouldn't let the party down at boss. Quit simple if you don't have the gear get money buy the gear before you BH100.

I know your eager to join the rest of us but come on now be real.

I joined a SnakeFist BH and thought this looks like a good squad. My BM Decide+10 4 Aps.
    Barb had TT90 gear, 2 Sins Had TT80 Gear, Cleric Had TT90, Archer Had G16 Bow. Can you guess what happened next 4 times in a row? Barb could not hold Agro, Archer Die's, Then I die, and if you know SnakeFist if you don't kill him fast enough Everyone dies.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    stinks wrote: »
    Not what they say but what they have gear wise. At least you should have lvl90+ gear for bh100. To may times i see ppl come in with TT80 gear and it just makes it hard to kill some bosses like SnakeFist.

My barb was lvl100 and I didn't BH100 until i got my R8 Gear just so I wouldn't let the party down at boss. Quit simple if you don't have the gear get money buy the gear before you BH100.

I know your eager to join the rest of us but come on now be real.

I joined a SnakeFist BH and thought this looks like a good squad. My BM Decide+10 4 Aps.
    Barb had TT90 gear, 2 Sins Had TT80 Gear, Cleric Had TT90, Archer Had G16 Bow. Can you guess what happened next 4 times in a row? Barb could not hold Agro, Archer Die's, Then I die, and if you know SnakeFist if you don't kill him fast enough Everyone dies.

Well, the thing is that one of the money bringers for those who can't do nirvana (like sins in tt80 gear, which makes no sense to me) is BH100. Is this to say that folks should neglect their gear until they hit 100? No, if you're 100 with TT80 gear, I should smack you, but at level 100 and if you have TT90 and working towards at least TT99/rank 8, I don't see why not giving them a chance. I'm more sympathetic to those who are undergeared but trying than those who are undergeared and don't give a damn (and sins; because sins can make money easier than say, a pre-100 caster. Just saying.).

On another note, I don't mind afk's if they were for good reason (a few pages ago I said that I will afk if I must due to family), but if you know that your dinner is gonna be ready and you can't bring it back to the computer, don't start a ****ing squad. I had this happen to me this past week--went into a squad for BH snake and I ran to grab food to bring back to the computer, I come back and the person who started the party said "omg dinner, I gotta go". And because no one was willing to try and replace him (it was a wizzie, coulda easily been replaced since we had everything else), everyone dropped squad. Still have that BH in my log...
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Barson - Raging Tide
    Barson - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    how about people who ask for " link weapon " in world chat so they can get +10 weapons when theres is +3 b:laugh
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ummm... you don't want to hear that the barb is barson, thats just scaryb:shocked
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "We can't do BH metal without aps!!!"

We had a barb, 2 psychics, a veno, a cleric and my mystic. Guess what? Yea, it went flawless. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "We can't do BH metal without aps!!!"

We had a barb, 2 psychics, a veno, a cleric and my mystic. Guess what? Yea, it went flawless. b:bye

On the other hand, I was on my sin the other day with a squad that was a TT99 +3 vit cleric, 2 x wizards, veno, and a mystic. So no barb buff. No BM buff. And I was the tank and only melee on my sin. It went fine, honestly. I died when the boss was at about 85% but made it back before they could kill it and even had time to rebuff myself. Then extra boss went fine with support wiz heals and psy heals. Still, was slower and not as "pleasant" as blowing up the boss in 10 seconds.

Things you want to hear a squadmate say? You're the father.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    On the other hand, I was on my sin the other day with a squad that was a TT99 +3 vit cleric, 2 x wizards, veno, and a mystic. So no barb buff. No BM buff. And I was the tank and only melee on my sin. It went fine, honestly. I died when the boss was at about 85% but made it back before they could kill it and even had time to rebuff myself. Then extra boss went fine with support wiz heals and psy heals. Still, was slower and not as "pleasant" as blowing up the boss in 10 seconds.

Isn't that rather the fault of no real tank than too bad DD? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]