Bm Sin or BM BM??

BlackyP - Dreamweaver
BlackyP - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Blademaster
Yeah i got a problem.
I has a bm 70 and a sin 70.. ima good player.. and had alot of 100 accounts so i know the game
My friend is a bm around 70 too.. we both want to go high high high..and duo stuffs togheter..the problem is
i said ill stay sin and he will stay bm.. but now i see bm so awesome.. i see him more usefull and awesome then bm..
Is the squad BM BM so bad? ..Tell me whats the best squad.. Bm + sin or bm + bm..
Could u also argue a lil? Im really confuse ty :(
Post edited by BlackyP - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    BM and Sin is the better combo. BM+BM isn't bad but it doesn't really gain much either. If you are disappointed with the sin now, its one of those classes that gets better and better. Many classes plateau but as the sins damage grows and they become more able to tank they reach kind of a god mode where your heals from paint will be greater than the damage bosses can deal.

As a BM you will always want bloodpaint for the extra heals. Its kind of a must for soloing many things and at lower gear refines so is Rib Strike. The HF+Subsea combo is amazing (260% damage). Any time you run instances with a guard the sin will be able to stealth and take the guard out while you clear the main path. Sins also have the highest dps in the game. There will be a switch from the bm tanking because they have a higher aps using fists and have higher hp and defenses to the Sin tanking and the BM amping his damage with HF.

The BM offers the sin bell to make them less squishy, HF, and occassionally either a physical defense debuff or an MSS for those hard to tank bosses. BMs also excel at aoeing and crowd control, while sins aren't great at it. A BM takes the tank/pulling job and keeps most the aggro of a pull, keeping them stunned, while a sin mows down individual opponents.

I also used to run in a 3-4 person group with another bm, a veno, and the occasional cleric. It worked well for us because we were smart players. Him and I could stunlock groups of mobs after giant pulls and have them dead before they ever got out of stun or had a chance to attack. We also were unselfish with who would HF, who would GS, or if we needed to MSS and usually managed to maximize our damage output while constantly triple sparking and using 2 spark skills. We also could do things for each other like bell spam while the other person tanked, or each do a pull and meet in the middle with all the mobs.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sakubatou has some wise words.

I have a sin and bm, my friend has a sin and bm. We usually run in a bm+bm combo, with bp from the sin. That is because our bms have higher refines and make better tanks and dd than sins. Once our sins are done, we'll be alternating with sin+bm combo.

For most things 2xbm with g16+10 weapons can have fun and steam roll things, with r8, r9, g15 axes to +5~10.

Our sins don't reach that lvl yet, so we find the sins squishy right now. We still have a hard time with 3-2, 3-3 in tt, that is why we are equipping sins to be able to handle that. Sins tend to have an easier time in tt 3-2, 3-3 to tank compared to bms from what i see.

BH runs, since we dual log bm and sin, we can do aba with another friend, 3 sisn, 2 bm or 2 sins+2bm+1 mystic or 2/3 sins/mystic + 2 bm + 1 seeker. We go as 5 people usually. Metal we can tank between the two bm or other warsong bosses for that matter. Lunar is fine as well, i let my friend's bm tank, since she has more hp, better defense. SOT she can tank fine, but we prefer to have a barb tank it, way too many charm ticks. Delta bh, we don't like sins there, find them useless for most part.

TT's, sins because they can stealth past mobs = quicker runs, fcc = same reason, takes 10~20 minutes to clear a fcc for us if we duo/trio clear it for our alts.

PQ, bm, aoe, better damage.

Nirvana, we need all the dd we can get, so we take the sins and bm.

Any combination of sin+sin, sin+bm, bm+bm can work. It depends on your gear, refines, and how good of friends you are. As Sakubatou said, being unselfish with friends goes a long way. Because we help out each other, if i need a gold mat from tt, i get it for free, if someone else needs something we do it for free. This helps out tremendously, our next goal is to farm canny and raps to make 2~3 characters r9 recast over the next few months. Need to have great implicit trust to be able to do this. I am bank you see b:chuckle.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you go bm,bm you will need to find a sin to buff you and you will also be nerfing your damage.

If you do go for sin,bm you will have slightly lower aoe damage (sins only have a couple of aoes but triple sparking mire subsea and earthen rift ontop of hf hurts like a bytch) if the sin has zerk daggers i think the sin,bm combo would do more aoe damage than the bm,bm setup.

With the sin,bm set up you also have access to ribstrike and a superior single target dps.

Jaabg you mentioned sins are quicker in TT because they can stealth past the mobs, while it is true you still need to kill a certain number of mobs to weeken the bosses.

If i had a choice i would pick sin,bm but i think the ultimate 4 man combo would be sin, bm, veno and barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you go bm,bm you will need to find a sin to buff you and you will also be nerfing your damage.

If you do go for sin,bm you will have slightly lower aoe damage (sins only have a couple of aoes but triple sparking mire subsea and earthen rift ontop of hf hurts like a bytch) if the sin has zerk daggers i think the sin,bm combo would do more aoe damage than the bm,bm setup.

With the sin,bm set up you also have access to ribstrike and a superior single target dps.

Jaabg you mentioned sins are quicker in TT because they can stealth past the mobs, while it is true you still need to kill a certain number of mobs to weeken the bosses.

If i had a choice i would pick sin,bm but i think the ultimate 4 man combo would be sin, bm, veno and barb.

Agreed with all above. Especially the ultimate 4 man combo.

Except I don't think stealth matters two much when talking about a duoing team. Yah there are guards the sin can get but it really isn't a huge factor in TT since the BM can't stealth past so you'd need to clear most mobs anyways. I know in 3-3 a popular way to do things is have the sin teleport to bosses and solo to open doors so you don't need to clear to the boss, but at that point its soloing not really duoing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I know in 3-3 a popular way to do things is have the sin teleport to bosses and solo to open doors so you don't need to clear to the boss, but at that point its soloing not really duoing.

That's what i meant by our sins duoing b:surrender. We are lazy people :D. That being said, if your bm/sin can solo higher tt, lower lvl tt's don't even require stealth b:chuckle 2-2 and below.

If you have time, lvl both sin and bm, see which combo it is easier to farm instances with that you want to farm. Different people have different affinities to characters. My friend hates playing the sin, i don't enjoy it, but i do ok on it, i still need to play more to be comfortable with the sin compared to my bm. There might be ideal combos, but if a person doesn't like playing a specific class, that combo may not the best to rely on.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ^^ I agree with that, if you dont enjoy playing the class then i wouldnt even bother. The inly 2 classes i can play in this game is barbs and psys (well i can play the rest but i hate there playstyles so much)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin