Making an Alt character on a NEW or SAME account?

Covary - Raging Tide
Covary - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
What is the argument for and against making an alt character on a new account vs the same account?
It might depend on what your main is, and what your alt is in terms of class, if so, could you perhaps include some examples :).

This is kind of important because you can share gear via account stone on the same account (poor/non hard-core cash shoppers?) vs new account can be used to multi on....? I can't decide...
Post edited by Covary - Raging Tide on

Comments

• XMickie - Sanctuary
    XMickie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I make AA under one account, HA+LA on another. Theres pros and cons for this because now I can only log one caster at a time (I mainly play casters) and when it comes to stashing gears, it takes FOREVER since I have to stash almost every piece of gears.

But I also saved ALOT for gears with account stash stone. Since some gears are bound when equiped, say vana. IF I made another caster on another account (atm I have 3 100 caster), this means I have to get 3 sets of vana or 3 seperate r8? Hell no. So far I have 1 r8, and the rest using vana. Yeah, saved me alot of money to get gears.

Also, most of the time, when bhing, fbing etc. You usually want a healer and a tank. If you made them in 2 accounts, now you can log both (if you can handle it ofc). Again, con would be maybe you guys need another caster/melee dd. You know you have an alt fit for that, but you cant log it cuz its understand the same account.

And of course, if you are rich, make them all in seperate accounts b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Silvychar. Her super pro siggys <3. b:pleased
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What is the argument for and against making an alt character on a new account vs the same account?
    It might depend on what your main is, and what your alt is in terms of class, if so, could you perhaps include some examples :).

This is kind of important because you can share gear via account stone on the same account (poor/non hard-core cash shoppers?) vs new account can be used to multi on....? I can't decide...

I have two active accounts, 1 for my casters and 1 for apsers/HA/whatever. On my caster account I have a mystic, a cleric, and a wizzie, which will all share gear with my mystic when I get them to 100. On my aps account, I have an *almost* end-game sin, which still needs a few gear pieces to reach the standard 5 aps build. My noob bm is on the same account and when the time comes, I'll stash my sin's gear and will reach 4 aps off the bat without buying anything new but Deicides.

My seeker is on a completely different account that I had since 2009-ish because there's no point of stashing gear to it.
    (Note that you can't have more than 2 accounts per person after the multi-clienting rule change, although it's fine if you had them before that) I use it paired with my cleric to duo Phoenix Valley and later on duoing FF pulls with my bm to level faster (bosses cleared by sin -> relog to bm -> duo the rest with seeker).

So really, it all depends on the character you plan on levelling. I don't cash-shop at all, so buying sets of the same gear are not really an option for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • keystonelager
    keystonelager Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have sin and archer on same account with account stash stone. Both use most of same gear expect sin has rank 8 chest and daggers, well archer has nirvana top and heaven shatterer bow. Rest of the gear is nirvana/ tt 99.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As previous said if it's a class that wear the same kind of armor sometime same account is better.

the advantage of do on a other account is since low lvl bh and stuff are dead, if you need culti boss or bh you can do it yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Quite common way is making an alt account with cleric and/or some other buffing alts for self-buffs. This way you don't have to ask people for buffs if you want to go solo grinding.
    Personally I am using 1 account for all chars I regulary play and 2nd account is for the cleric which is my buffer, healer or shop depending of what I need. Usually it just stay in a part of Arch with catshop open while I am playing and I go to him every half of hour to rebuff myself.
  • Brandina - Sanctuary
    Brandina - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    On the same account it is easier to trade gears though account stash since the toons don't have to be in the same place. With separate accounts they need to be in the same location, which can be annoying if your toons are on two different sides of the map. Other than that having two accounts has more advantages.
    1. You can trade more items
    2. the toons can buff each other
    3. they can help each other with quests
    4. you can have a cat shop open while you are questing
  • ncfoxotanashi
    ncfoxotanashi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Right now I just have my characters on one account. Though makeing a second account is always an option ^.^

Having one at first just seems to have more advantages :)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Same Account Perks:

Account Stash
    Can get pretty much any gear you want due to account stash (eg TT nirvana instead of Lunar nirvana)
    Can share cosmetic bound equipment and Jones/O'Mally Blessings

Same Account Cons

Can't multiclient
    Have to do all your alts quests/caves/etc on the alts own due to above

Different Account Perks

Can multiclient
    Easier to help the alt out with the main, due to the above

Different Account Cons

Must get tradeable gear if you intend to share gear, which often is more expensive
    Can't use account stash
    Have to pick up jones/account blessings on different days or pickup with two facebooks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • humbfdljr
    humbfdljr Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I guess this thread has something to do with my doubt, so I'm gonna ask here.

I want to buy an account stash stone. I'd like to know if the boutique (30 gold) is the only way to buy it or if there is a cheaper option.

I'm asking this because I used to think that hypers were really expensive, but we can also get it by tokens for much less money. Is there something like that for account stash stone?
    edited October 2012
    humbfdljr wrote: »
    I guess this thread has something to do with my doubt, so I'm gonna ask here.

I want to buy an account stash stone. I'd like to know if the boutique (30 gold) is the only way to buy it or if there is a cheaper option.

I'm asking this because I used to think that hypers were really expensive, but we can also get it by tokens for much less money. Is there something like that for account stash stone?

Just wait for it to go on sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • humbfdljr
    edited October 2012
    Does that happen often? Is it like a special price in boutique (15 gold I suppose)?
    edited October 2012
    humbfdljr wrote: »
    Does that happen often? Is it like a special price in boutique (15 gold I suppose)?

It happens often enough to plan to buy it on sale but not as often as like rank sales. And yeah it will be a special price in the boutique and much more reasonably priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • humbfdljr
    edited October 2012
    Just wait for it to go on sale.
    It happens often enough to plan to buy it on sale but not as often as like rank sales. And yeah it will be a special price in the boutique and much more reasonably priced.

Tyvm for the info. I'll wait for the lower price in boutique.
  • tabletsin
    tabletsin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I plan to shove my demon and sage sins on the same account with a stash stone.

My cleric is special and has the entire account to herself, with the exception of a few <50 toons (Mystic, archer . . . Something else, sin?) Which I log to put coins on so I don't spend it all.

My seeker also has an account to herself, which turned out to be a very good choice, since I regularly end up logging both cleric and seeker for frost. (Yes. What cleric leveled in almost two years, seeker did in about two weeks ;~:)

I find having them on separate accounts very helpful, seeing as I won't have to worry about buffs of different classes b:victory
    But that's just me, and everyone knows Olii is strange.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    as others have stated its mainly depends on what character your main is.

i myself have 1 account for magic users and 1 account for HA/LA users both use account stash. good thing is for my bm and sin i dont have to make new gear both use same gear since i went LA aps setup with gear on bm. so i have saved alot of money but not so sure about time. seeing as my bm is my main and is 5aps when sin needed a boss done i couldnt log bm to solo it so i had to wc for help thats a downfall of my main and alt being on same account. for my magic users I SAVED ALOT OF MONEY ON GEAR my wizard psy and mystic will all use same gear when the time comes. i have a cleric but its on seperate account from both my bm and my wizard characters because sometimes i want cleric buffs on my caster and i dont feel like searching for them or to heal me while pvping so on and so on. a giant benefit of having my sin on a different account is that i can solo FC all my caster characters to 100 and solo TT for their armour and ya :P

EDIT:regular price for an account stash is 15 gold and on sale price is 7 gold and 50 silver on harshlands u can find it for about 13m-14m in west