Most Overpriced and Useless Boutique Items

Options
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Does anyone else remember when gold was so low that while buying mats from the boutique was always overpriced, some people still did it anyway when they couldn't find the mat they wanted?

Who else hates that the veno battle pet tome is STILL 2 gold after all of this time? I mean if they moved it to the DQ points for like 200 points so low levels could use it until they could afford a tome. That would be one thing. But it's 2 gold and does the same thing as a level 1 tome, except not as good and it costs way more. >>

Socket stones are also way overpriced in there to the point you have to question if PWI even gets any sales on them. Same thing with the battle pet food tome. I have NEVER seen anyone use it which is a shame because if it was cheaper by far than level 1 tome, it might be worth getting for a low level until they can afford one. :P

What other Boutique items do you guys just not find worth the price of admission?and don't just say Rank 9 QQ catshop OP.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
Pusillanimous:
1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
Post edited by VenusArmani - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ancient BOA is 40gold in botique(When its not on sale). 10-15M on my server. What a difference...and other land mounts. Cheaper to buy with coins.
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ancient BOA is 40gold in botique(When its not on sale). 10-15M on my server. What a difference...and other land mounts. Cheaper to buy with coins.

+1, i think the panda is wht? over 12 gold? and i bought it recently for 3.5m
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The pet tome is pretty hard to beat but I think the hammer pretty much wins it, that's a near scam right there...

The boutique does need some updating in terms of prices that allows for better flow of goods, old fashion is way overpriced for instance. I think overall using the boutique should at least provide a sense of value to the consumers, starter packs (map, few storage items, etc.) could be tweaked so they're a little better for instance. there's too much of a focus over sales in my opinion.
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    fireworks
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The pet tome is pretty hard to beat but I think the hammer pretty much wins it, that's a near scam right there...

The boutique does need some updating in terms of prices that allows for better flow of goods, old fashion is way overpriced for instance. I think overall using the boutique should at least provide a sense of value to the consumers, starter packs (map, few storage items, etc.) could be tweaked so they're a little better for instance. there's too much of a focus over sales in my opinion.

Quoted for the truth. I for one would have NO problem using some of the boutique items if they were priced better. But they have completely ignored giving consumers value for their money on many items. Which is a shame because it sucks to only ever buy things when they are on sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • VeniceQueen - Sanctuary
    VeniceQueen - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wardrobe and cupboard stones >.< Do I need to say more? Well, at least they aren't useless, but for sure, they would lose their meaning if I had to pay 2-3 gold for each...
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    They did reduce land mounts at one point from 25gold+ to current prices. Same with Reputation. It's at a permanent 45silver now, special sale(35 silver?) and such. i think the flyers were also reduced in price.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Spurs in general, everything you can get from tokens, battle pet tome, SoF/Phoenix feathers via direct buy (cheaper to buy the packs on average), geographic map, and some other things I can't think of right now.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Most of the stuff from 4 years ago that has never been reduced in price are pretty useless. Stuff like cages, hammers, and wind widgets (b:cry) would be stuff I would love to buy. At least if it didn't mean spending so much coin on something so trivial, considering how gold prices aren't 200k anymore like they were back when these were worth it.

<_< It's a damn shame that TB and EG fliers aren't upgradeable. I'll probably never buy one just for that fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    <_< It's a damn shame that TB and EG fliers aren't upgradeable. I'll probably never buy one just for that fact.
    Ikr.

I actually like Solemn Feather and Kabuki, but they are slow and non-upgradeable b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

I agree that all the old stuffs should have reduced in price.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Does anyone else remember when gold was so low that while buying mats from the boutique was always overpriced, some people still did it anyway when they couldn't find the mat they wanted?

Who else hates that the veno battle pet tome is STILL 2 gold after all of this time? I mean if they moved it to the DQ points for like 200 points so low levels could use it until they could afford a tome. That would be one thing. But it's 2 gold and does the same thing as a level 1 tome, except not as good and it costs way more. >>

Socket stones are also way overpriced in there to the point you have to question if PWI even gets any sales on them. Same thing with the battle pet food tome. I have NEVER seen anyone use it which is a shame because if it was cheaper by far than level 1 tome, it might be worth getting for a low level until they can afford one. :P

What other Boutique items do you guys just not find worth the price of admission?and don't just say Rank 9 QQ catshop OP.

Thats easy enough too answer....

Any Fashion Item that requires more then {7~dyes} to re-colour it ((b:surrender))

(b:faint) Nothing like having too continuously blow that much (Real Money) for an item, that you'll still need too blow an additional 'Multiple (10s of millions) of (in game coin) for' just to get the 'fashion item' the color you wanted it, especially when the dying of it can hypothetically cost you ~ more then {quadruple} the Items actual real cost of what it was, when you actually bought it.......b:spit

If they wanna force us too have too have too buy so friggen many dyes ~ just to (re-colour) '1 item' of fashion; then they should lower the prices for that item, accordingly (=) too the amount of dyes it requires too (re-colour) it ((Most especially the (14-dye) items)).....(b:fatb)(b:fatb)
    edited October 2012
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    Any Fashion Item that requires more then {7~dyes} to re-colour it ((b:surrender))

Well to be fair, you can dye them for pretty cheap nowadays thanks to DQ points. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    [/I][/B]
    Well to be fair, you can dye them for pretty cheap nowadays thanks to DQ points. :P

Its true that it tended to be easier doing it that way using the (DQ randoms) but I seriously believe they've been tampering with the (DQ randoms (rates) within the last few months (changing them from what they were); because where as I used to get a good coloring rate in the past using them for my dying needs, now a days I absolutely get squat for color variations when I've been doing it lately (I've even been getting exact color repeats, more often then I get new color variations now a days (b:surrender))

for examples:

I've blown over 168 Randoms on a {vampire top} just about 10 days ago and still got nothing but repeat puke greens and ash greys vomit colors (not even a single decent normal color...) b:sweatb:cold

And then the worst -1 I've faced so far:

An (8-dye requisite item) that I tried too dye, I blew enough (dq points) on, too buy Way Over {200 randoms} on, and still got less then squat for my efforts...b:spit

I just wish they'd introduce a {special dye} into the boutique, that we'd have to pay a little bit more for, that would just let us choose the exact colors, that we wanted for the items (right off the bat) for any 'fashion items' or 'dyable mounts' that we may want too re-colour, in the first place, too make it less a hassle for us all...

Or if they'd just open the boutique too sell the specific colored dyes type ~on demand~ rather then in those crappy hot packs they make us buy, that still give us (unwanted/random) color dye types....

But they still don't seem to get it yet, that we'd rather prefer too pay a little bit more upfront for it in the boutique, then to play the (randoms hassles~rates games bit) or worse just ending up paying the (near extortionary & ever inflating prices) that're now being asked for in the K'shops for even the most basic & rarely used (basic color/normal dyes) And lets not even talk about the prices for the (Big 4) most used colored dye types.....b:cry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    All crafting mats and flyers/mounts imo. lol

And probably the battle pets altogether. Are they really worth that much cash when one doesn't even use a pet in a good deal of endgame instances? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Telecoustics and Hypers, to name a couple.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    fireworks

i've personally spent about 30 gold on toothbrush fireworks

worth every cent to spam (especially in tw)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Mats. 2 gold for 25 fine lumber? Seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wedding flowers. They are 100 times more expensive than fireworks and just as useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Most Useless>Packs
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wedding flowers. They are 100 times more expensive than fireworks and just as useless.

Do people actually get those?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Do people actually get those?

I got a few from a friend once...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    old mounts and fash need new prices really
    mats are like omg wtf
    hypers? sockets stones? CELESTONE BOX?
    teles?

whole B needs a revamp, including the events one
    but that ofcourse would, like, need some1 who knows the game and economy
    and god forbid actually play a little with the community
    or god forbid using some common sense
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hammers.

They're even more so useless now because the sexy weapon you get from it is timed now. :/
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Most Useless>Packs

Thank you! And everything else everyone said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Most Useless>Packs

How are packs useless? I sell them and morons buy them and make me money. Sometimes, they even come with event gold promotions :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited October 2012
    Options
    How are packs useless? I sell them and morons buy them and make me money. Sometimes, they even come with event gold promotions :3

This, not to mention if nobody bought them it would be ridiculously hard to obtain certain items and prices would go up for even things that aren't stupidly OP like sapphire gems. I won't open packs but I can't deny the usefulness of tons of people opening packs. :P

Hammers.

They're even more so useless now because the sexy weapon you get from it is timed now. :/

Yes! Back when I opened my supply stash the hammer on sale wasn't THAT much more expensive than a wheel of fate. So since I was thinking of buying that one or the hammer, I got the hammer so I could have the nice shiny weapon inside and get to continue opening my stash. Now, I don't bother with it past 50. It's astronomically priced, the weapon is timed, etc etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Remember 500k hammers? Useful! Then 1m hammers? Borderline and debatable but not completely ignorable.

... Then 2m (if lucky) and up for hammers and now they're timed too? Should have a NPC sell them for 1m at this point.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Remember 500k hammers? Useful! Then 1m hammers? Borderline and debatable but not completely ignorable.

... Then 2m (if lucky) and up for hammers and now they're timed too? Should have a NPC sell them for 1m at this point.

I got mine on one of those half off sales when gold was still only like 300-400k. So I payed somewhere around 1.2 mil for it since i had to get 3 gold to get it. I think the wheel of fate was going for like 800k-1mil at that time on my server. So it wasn't too bad and I got to keep opening my stash. I still have that weapon actually....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    fireworks

Hell no. Toothbrush fireworks get you reported by butthurt factions that are convinced your fireworks activate hacks that allow you to lag them while simultaneously gaining super strength, which is hilarious and worth it's weight in gold. This is not a joke.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hell no. Toothbrush fireworks get you reported by butthurt factions that are convinced your fireworks activate hacks that allow you to lag them while simultaneously gaining super strength, which is hilarious and worth it's weight in gold. This is not a joke.

So how much do toothbrush fireworks go for now? (Might need to open up shop)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along