Alternate (Non-Rank) Endgame AA

Options
Chronowarper - Sanctuary
Chronowarper - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Psychic
Can someone give me a small guide to the tt99 gold set?

It's the "Archangel's blah blah" set which is okay but I'm not sticking there. I plan to get it all the way up to G16 'vana as endgame. No I will not do r8/r9 or any other rank gear.

Here are my primary questions.

1. It's Archangel's ... --> ??? --> Awakened Archangel's ...

What's the middle step.

2. Is there any non-rank AA set better than this at a comparable/less farming time/cash? If yes, what?

3. How does the Awakened Archangel's set stack up to r8:3c?

4. I refuse to go full JoSD. I've got enough Def Lvls thank you. So, what combo of citrines and garnets should I get?

5. What physical ornaments are good for lv100+ pvp/pve/tw?

That'll be all. :)
Post edited by Chronowarper - Sanctuary on

Comments

• augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    1. It's Archangel's ... --> ??? --> Awakened Archangel's ...

What's the middle step.

Middle step is you get 250 uncannies to make the archangel stuff into nirvana stuff. After that, you'll need essences of defense and basic badges to make your nirvana stuff into G16 nirvana. Just a heads up: if you make it from the TT99 amor, you won't be able to trade it, since it'll bind upon using. If you make it from the lunar stuff, however, the resulting gear will be tradeable. Stats are the same on G16. Cost of lunar G13 is much higher than TT99, though.

2. Is there any non-rank AA set better than this at a comparable/less farming time/cash? If yes, what?

Not really. G16 is comparable to R9 in defenses, "complect bonus" and refines. G16 weapons actually refine better than R9, though they usually have worse add-ons. Unless you plan on playing strictly PVE, in which case morai G15 gear is comparable to R9 as well, but much, much cheaper than both R9 and G16. It takes around 3 months to farm, can't be sped up other than by getting the badges from your order.

3. How does the Awakened Archangel's set stack up to r8:3c?

What does "r8:3c" mean? I have no clue, else I'd be able to help you.

4. I refuse to go full JoSD. I've got enough Def Lvls thank you. So, what combo of citrines and garnets should I get?

That also depends on what you plan on doing. If you want to PVE at all, I'd suggest full garnets over citrines, since they benefit you the most and can get more buffs. For PVE, citrines, which are usually a bit cheaper than garnets, cut just fine.

5. What physical ornaments are good for lv100+ pvp/pve/tw?

Cube necklace and either warsong/jungle ruins belt are what you're looking for. By far the best ornaments in game. If you want extra p.def. for PVP, using high refined physical rings, either lunar or PQ3 ones, will reduce your attack, but provide you with a lot of extra defenses. As a psy, channelling shouldn't really matter much to you.

That'll be all. :)

Hope that helps. Answers are in bold.
  • Chronowarper - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    r8:3c= Rank 8: 3rd Recast.

So it's pretty definite now. TT99 upgraded to G16 full 'vana. So that's Archangel's set to Awakened Archangel's set.

Now, about the wep:

TT Vana or Lunar Vana? I'm absolutely unsure about this. Endgame I plan to go whitename and do TW as well as spam caster 'vana.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    r8:3c= Rank 8: 3rd Recast.

No such thing. You are probably thinking about R9

For end game, there are 3 options:

G16 nirvana
    R8recast
    R9

If you are extremely uberfilthy rich, you could include R9recast in that list. If you are not extremely uberfilthy rich, don't even bother.
    R9 recast is obviusly the best there is.

G16 and R9 are pritty comparable. R9 is more defencive, G16 is more offencive
    R8 recast can be very good, but it has completly random stats. It's mostly defencive. Also you'll need to be in a faction that actively does trials to get anywhere near the mats
    R8 recast is, except for R9recast, the only way to get purify spell on your weapon. Not something to dismis right away, though Nirvana and R9 weapons do more damage.

'Refusing to use something' is stupid by definition. If it's the best for your build, and you want the best, you'll have to use it. Try this:
    www.aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Again, no rank weps. At all.

Although the Lunar wep seems nice.

Banished Curse --> Budha's Hatred --> G16 Buddha's Hatred.
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A few things wrong with that pwcalc of yours: you don't want tt99 belt. At all. Actually, you don't want any of those ornaments. Go for cube necklace, warsong belt and sky cover or sign of frost: chaos rings if you want max p.def. If you want more attack, switch the rings for sign of antiguity: chaos or cloud stir.

Another point: incomparable shards are really rare to come buy, and they cost more to make than their gems, which you can get from packs. So just get full gems, or exclusive shards if you want to save some coins.

One more thing: chance of getting 4 sockets on everything? Very low. Other than that, not much to add, I'd say.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A few things wrong with that pwcalc of yours: you don't want tt99 belt. At all. Actually, you don't want any of those ornaments. Go for cube necklace, warsong belt and sky cover or sign of frost: chaos rings if you want max p.def. If you want more attack, switch the rings for sign of antiguity: chaos or cloud stir.

Another point: incomparable shards are really rare to come buy, and they cost more to make than their gems, which you can get from packs. So just get full gems, or exclusive shards if you want to save some coins.

One more thing: chance of getting 4 sockets on everything? Very low. Other than that, not much to add, I'd say.

To expand on August's post:

I agree, your ornie and ring choices suck. Farm cube for cube necklace (it will cost you roughly 30-60m less), warsong belt costs about 50m to produce.

Your stats and % add ons are incorrect on your build estimate on the N3 gear. Put 9 for your stats (average) 115 for your HP add ons (average), and 7% for your +%'s (again, average). Next, put all your sockets down to 3 on your N3 armor, and socket to 1 on your weapon. It is a 10% chance to get 4 sockets.

This will change your build overall, and is important to consider.

Utilize Asty's calc again but with this in mind:

6 less open sockets
    Different base stats due to the average above

And then choose within your budget.

I was gonna write all this out, but here's a spreadsheet and you decide whats your best buy.

24e9i51.jpg

(To explain, the gain vs cost means how much coin you're paying for each point of gain vs Flawless.)
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well about the wep:

Icecrystal Petal --> Barrier Sphere: Soulbringer -->lots of vana -->Buddha's Hatred.

That's G16.

Also, if I were to farm every one of the above-mentioned armor/weapon pieces, how long would it take me? 2 years? 3?
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Depends on if you have an aps class to farm or not. In 2x drops you might be able to farm enough cannys to make one piece from caster nirvanas. As for the G16 2-3 weeks of spamming warsong and lunar should get you everything you need for G16. If you are gonna farm the TT99 id imagine it would take a few weeks altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well about the wep:

Also, if I were to farm every one of the above-mentioned armor/weapon pieces, how long would it take me? 2 years? 3?

Hi :P Well im psychic also and have some opinion as u.. I dont wanna spend money on r9 so i decide to make g16. This how stuff works:
    When u lvl to 100 try to get Morai 100lvl sphere which i beliave drops in EU (not AEU) or if u r not lucky like me then go str8 to Shroud and get Shroud one which is for lvl 101 LINK
    This is cheap and very very good weapon which ll help u LOT to farm ur g16 nirvy gear. Get ur tt99 gold gear soon as u can its not a waste since u need it to make g16 and TT is cheaper then Lunar + bound which means it ll not drop if u pk. Farm Caster Nirvy and also with money u get from selling raps or BH reward buy uncannys gonna be faster.. This way i made my g16 boots in 2 weeks (3xcaster,4xcaster daily). DONT make any nirvy before u collect 250 cannys u ll waste ur nervs and money refining it and sharding all over again.
    Now i have collected cannys for sleeves but i need mold and warsong fire boss just refuse to drop it when im in squad lol... Good luck.. Have fun.. Hope i helped with my post

EDIT: Just saw ur pwicalc gear and yea as other said: Necky: Cube 85mil if u farm bit more if u buy and very lucky if u get from packs. Belt Warsong pdef one and Robe ☆Wings of Cloudcharger
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies here. Been discussing stuff with people ingame too. :)

For now, I'm making do with the G12 Mold set.

Gonna farm tt next year after I come back from inactivity.